Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 782173 times)

Safariferrari (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #5220 on: February 28, 2023, 11:29:13 AM »
I don't work for NB and I've never had a pair of 440s, but even I know everyone in this thread who has had them complains about the sole wearing quickly. I'm still looking forward to the vegan-friendly 440s so I can try it out for myself tho!

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #5221 on: February 28, 2023, 12:08:29 PM »
I either flick the hell out of tricks or don't push very hard. The 2 pairs of 440's I've skated wore through the toe cap and side panel before the sole was toast
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

bumpnrun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #5222 on: February 28, 2023, 12:29:51 PM »
@rothdigga can you comment on the sizing of the 212 and 272? TTS?

rothdigga

• Rep: 571
« Reply #5223 on: February 28, 2023, 01:04:40 PM »
The 212 is one of the only shoes I have to size down in.  I wear a 11.5 and get 11's in the 212's.

I know some go TTS on the 272 and some size down, it's an in between it seems as I know it's a longer, narrow last.

rothdigga

« Reply #5224 on: February 28, 2023, 01:07:04 PM »
I don't work for NB and I've never had a pair of 440s, but even I know everyone in this thread who has had them complains about the sole wearing quickly. I'm still looking forward to the vegan-friendly 440s so I can try it out for myself tho!

I totally get and have seen those comments but most of them seemed to just have super longer lasting uppers and then the person wears out the sole unit before the upper mostly.  We put a lot of durability in our upper so that makes a lot of sense to me, it's not always going to be even on that.  I really wanted to make sure there wasn't a full blown manufacturing issue with them that we needed to address. 
Vegan ones coming in July/Aug!  Hopefully you can snag some.  440's and 272's in that batch.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5225 on: February 28, 2023, 01:44:44 PM »
As I stated several times before I'm madly.in love with 808 and can't wait to try my 1010 but 440 looks and flick are so damn good. I wish they had a better stock insole.
I'll use my white Knox 440 highs for walking style bonus.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5226 on: February 28, 2023, 01:58:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I totally get and have seen those comments but most of them seemed to just have super longer lasting uppers and then the person wears out the sole unit before the upper mostly.  We put a lot of durability in our upper so that makes a lot of sense to me, it's not always going to be even on that.  I really wanted to make sure there wasn't a full blown manufacturing issue with them that we needed to address. 
Vegan ones coming in July/Aug!  Hopefully you can snag some.  440's and 272's in that batch.
Is there still going to be a 420 colorway around 7/10? Also, is the vegan 440 a Ryan Lay colorway or just a team model?

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #5227 on: February 28, 2023, 03:45:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The 212 is one of the only shoes I have to size down in.  I wear a 11.5 and get 11's in the 212's.

I know some go TTS on the 272 and some size down, it's an in between it seems as I know it's a longer, narrow last.

Thanks! Will take that into account when buying.

rothdigga

« Reply #5228 on: February 28, 2023, 04:25:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Is there still going to be a 420 colorway around 7/10? Also, is the vegan 440 a Ryan Lay colorway or just a team model?
There is a 420 coming out this year sometime, most likely around that 7/10 date again as it's been hard to hit April 20 for production lately.
The Vegan ones are just team colorways and not tied to a rider. 

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5229 on: February 28, 2023, 05:57:18 PM »
Big ups @rothdigga, my wallet is waiting!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

logjammin

• Rep: 333
« Reply #5230 on: March 01, 2023, 07:05:37 PM »
Has anyone skated those 574 courts? I stumbled upon them on Zappos and they have them labeled under the numeric line but it appears to be incorrect because nothing about the shoe seems to be advertised for skateboarding. I couldn't really find any info on them or any other place that sells them.

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #5231 on: March 02, 2023, 04:22:40 AM »
Yo @rothdigga I don't suppose you know if the nm440hpp will be landing in the UK (again)?  Looks like I missed them the first time round and I'm jonesing for them so bad haha.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5232 on: March 02, 2023, 07:00:32 AM »
@rothdigga, or anyone who has had multiple pairs, what is your opinion on 808 sizing? I got a pair .5 up, because TTS wasn’t available, and they fit perfectly with thin socks. Do they expand .5 size after breaking in, or should I be okay with wearing thicker (DLX or HUF) socks at that point?

I like those white/blue 808s and am tempted to buy a pair because I want to get something from the local shop, where I’m on vacation, before heading home tomorrow. Not feeling the shop tees and they don’t have Ace 33s.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #5233 on: March 02, 2023, 08:15:47 AM »
@rothdigga, or anyone who has had multiple pairs, what is your opinion on 808 sizing? I got a pair .5 up, because TTS wasn’t available, and they fit perfectly with thin socks. Do they expand .5 size after breaking in, or should I be okay with wearing thicker (DLX or HUF) socks at that point?

I like those white/blue 808s and am tempted to buy a pair because I want to get something from the local shop, where I’m on vacation, before heading home tomorrow. Not feeling the shop tees and they don’t have Ace 33s.

have not skated mine yet but structure wise i would think they don't bag out too much.....wich i hope turns out to be true since TTS is too tight and .5 up seems pretty perfect for me!

anybody with actual skating time in these can chime in maybe?

to the pal with the question about the 574 all courts- labeld wrong, they are not # Line, but there was a Westgate colorway once if i remember correctly

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5234 on: March 02, 2023, 10:02:55 AM »

For me 808 TTS are perfect but the shoe is so fucking great that even 0.5+ still works.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 75
« Reply #5235 on: March 03, 2023, 06:40:09 AM »
Had my first session with 1010s today, after having walked with them for like 5km with very thick wool socks. They were too tight at first, but has started to stretch out nicly, and now fit like a glove.
Usually wear size 10, and do in my 440s, but I got heel-lift with a size 10 in Tiagos, and shoes easly stretch out 5mm, so I thought a size 9.5 would do the job! Nothing to complain about with the shoe so far! So nice to not have to worry about my feet

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5236 on: March 03, 2023, 08:32:12 AM »
how is the width on the 808s compared to the 1010s?

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #5237 on: March 03, 2023, 09:42:10 AM »

Tighter, that’s a big part of the reason we’ve been suggesting going a half size up on 808’s. The strip that runs mid foot along the top of the sole is a foot vice.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5238 on: March 03, 2023, 11:10:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Tighter, that’s a big part of the reason we’ve been suggesting going a half size up on 808’s. The strip that runs mid foot along the top of the sole is a foot vice.

Thanks, I'll stick with the 1010s.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5239 on: March 04, 2023, 12:04:16 PM »
I either flick the hell out of tricks or don't push very hard. The 2 pairs of 440's I've skated wore through the toe cap and side panel before the sole was toast

As a heelflipper, this is my current experience. The sole seems to be holding amazing, but the stitching where my feelflips wear on the 440 are all gone. The N is half off too haha.

I know I mentioned they're great after wearing in, but I just really wish my 288s were on my feet every time I look down. Dont wanna waste perfectly fine shoes though

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

buggot

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5240 on: March 06, 2023, 05:36:16 PM »
Hey all! First post here but wanted to get some insight about the 1010s.

1010 collectors and lovers, this is for you!

I'm probably gonna try getting a pair as soon as I can; I tried them on in store and they felt pretty good (although I'll have to go back to make sure the sizing is right since some of you said the leather/mesh ones stretch)

My question is: are there significant differences between the different colorways or versions of the 1010? New Balance's official website seems to think so here: they list certain colorways separately, and also under the "Features" tab in each product it gives slightly different lists (FantomFit here but not here)

I know some of them have smooth leather instead of suede, and some have a mesh upper (looks like everything currently on their official website is mesh). Just wanna make sure I don't accidentally purchase something I didn't mean to.

@rothdigga any thoughts?

Much appreciated! Also, any thoughts about their fit and durability would be appreciated. Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 06:42:26 PM by buggot »

rothdigga

« Reply #5241 on: March 07, 2023, 02:41:13 PM »
Hey all! First post here but wanted to get some insight about the 1010s.

1010 collectors and lovers, this is for you!

I'm probably gonna try getting a pair as soon as I can; I tried them on in store and they felt pretty good (although I'll have to go back to make sure the sizing is right since some of you said the leather/mesh ones stretch)

My question is: are there significant differences between the different colorways or versions of the 1010? New Balance's official website seems to think so here: they list certain colorways separately, and also under the "Features" tab in each product it gives slightly different lists (FantomFit here but not here)

I know some of them have smooth leather instead of suede, and some have a mesh upper (looks like everything currently on their official website is mesh). Just wanna make sure I don't accidentally purchase something I didn't mean to.

@rothdigga any thoughts?

Much appreciated! Also, any thoughts about their fit and durability would be appreciated. Thanks!
I think it's mostly just a personal preference thing as to the materials used.  Some really like the mesh top and some the suede or leather.  Fantom Fit is used on all of the colorways so I'm not sure why it's not called out for each one you linked to. 
I would say generally, you won't have any issues with their durability as they're one of our longest lasting models. 
I've always found the 1010 to be true to size and haven't personally needed to size down on it (I'm an 11.5) but I do know some people like to size down for the heel lock.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5242 on: March 07, 2023, 11:28:39 PM »
https://youtu.be/-pMzyEWZgyA?t=27

Is this not the tom know pro model at 00:27?

DanRar009

• Rep: 50
« Reply #5243 on: March 08, 2023, 03:09:39 AM »
https://youtu.be/-pMzyEWZgyA?t=27

Is this not the tom know pro model at 00:27?

Nah that’s just a colorway of the 288s

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5244 on: March 08, 2023, 04:18:17 AM »
Anyone know when the Tom Knox shoe releases?

mindfuzz

« Reply #5245 on: March 08, 2023, 04:48:35 AM »
Fall

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5246 on: March 12, 2023, 12:47:53 PM »
Anyone know when the Tom Knox shoe releases?
October I believe
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #5247 on: March 13, 2023, 12:46:22 PM »
808 are the best shoe I've had in so long
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #5248 on: March 13, 2023, 01:43:22 PM »
@rothdigga are new 212s coming soon? It’s the perfect shoe imo, and i’d like to avoid buying online if i can

rothdigga

« Reply #5249 on: March 13, 2023, 04:30:02 PM »
@rothdigga are new 212s coming soon? It’s the perfect shoe imo, and i’d like to avoid buying online if i can

Do you mean the new colorways for this season?  If a shop ordered them, they should be arrived by now.  But I would snag as many as you can of that shoe because that model is going away for us.  If there's a colorway you're into, stock up!  We made the last batch to be pretty universal colors to have on our site for a while.