Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 777314 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #5730 on: May 19, 2023, 02:06:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hi guys. Should I go TTS with the 808 or go up half size? For example, I wear size 10 in the 440 and the fit it's perfect. Size 10 as well in Vans Old Skools.

Thanks!
[close]

Half size up for sure but really think about your foot and if you consider it wide I would rethink the 808. I go TTS in 1010 but I tried the 808 in TTS and half size up and it didnt work out for me, toe box is too narrow
[close]

I wouldn't say my foot is the widest but I think I'll pull the trigger on a sale colorway in 10.5. I'm kinda surprised that the "Brazil" colorway is on sale everywhere.

Thank you bro!
I have 808 in size 8 (my usual size) and 8.5
Go TTS if you like snug shoes (not that much) and +.5 of you like them more roomy
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

wax poetic

• Rep: 40
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #5731 on: May 19, 2023, 02:46:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hi guys. Should I go TTS with the 808 or go up half size? For example, I wear size 10 in the 440 and the fit it's perfect. Size 10 as well in Vans Old Skools.

Thanks!
[close]

Half size up for sure but really think about your foot and if you consider it wide I would rethink the 808. I go TTS in 1010 but I tried the 808 in TTS and half size up and it didnt work out for me, toe box is too narrow
[close]

I wouldn't say my foot is the widest but I think I'll pull the trigger on a sale colorway in 10.5. I'm kinda surprised that the "Brazil" colorway is on sale everywhere.

Thank you bro!
[close]
I have 808 in size 8 (my usual size) and 8.5
Go TTS if you like snug shoes (not that much) and +.5 of you like them more roomy

go .5 up ;)

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #5732 on: May 19, 2023, 02:59:23 PM »
fucked around and got the 1010 poets. couldn’t resist

jsettle

• Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5733 on: May 19, 2023, 03:35:03 PM »

Just got my first pair of NB....im just here to out of the 22 years of skating, these are the most comfy/broke in out of the box skate shoes ive ever put my feet in. I was wondering if all the hype behind these shoes was overhype or actually that good. These things feel amazing. tts if wondering and ordering online. Will report back after i skate them.

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #5734 on: May 19, 2023, 04:55:29 PM »
fucked around and got the 1010 poets. couldn’t resist

I don't even like skating in cup soles, but I'm gonna get these.... cause Gino + NB#

eSK3

« Reply #5735 on: May 19, 2023, 04:57:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
OOOOOOOO those Poet 1010 are looking so sweet now that Premier has them....already have three other pairs of 1010s in rotation and one on ice but this colorway is screaming summer to me. Someone please talk me out this purchase!

A few pairs of Rones, too, if anyone is looking.
[close]

Go buy two fam! They are so comfortable! Skate one and put one on ice.
[close]

You're a terrible enabler and I just bought the Poets  ;D

Yes! Lol 😆 🤘🏽🤌🏽🤌🏽🤌🏽

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #5736 on: May 19, 2023, 05:22:48 PM »
Poets 1010s do look nice.  Other bonus is you might catch the eye of a bright bookish young lady (or gentleman!) who assumes you dig sonnets.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #5737 on: May 21, 2023, 09:30:10 PM »
Are 212’s going away? If so, will we see a Villani 417 low? I like his new shoe, I just can’t skate mids or highs.

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #5738 on: May 21, 2023, 10:57:34 PM »
I went to the Franky Fest today and wow it was a great time, NB seems to just do things right. I won a pair of Franky 417's and confirm they are TTS and are great for people with a slightly wider foot. I've skated 6 pairs of 1010's in a row but am really excited to skate the Franky's. They feel great on feet and have a broken in feel to them after 10 mins of walking around. I can also confirm that they pass the ankle roll test (look at my username lol) meaning the sole of the heel is wider than usual which provides more stability, which in turn makes it hard to tip your foot inward to roll your ankle. Very rare to find shoes like this, so fair NB has the most models on the market that pass. (Nike and Cons seems like they build their shoes as narrow as possible)

All in all today made me love NB even more

rikki

• Rep: 273
« Reply #5739 on: May 22, 2023, 02:38:07 AM »

Just got my first pair of NB....im just here to out of the 22 years of skating, these are the most comfy/broke in out of the box skate shoes ive ever put my feet in. I was wondering if all the hype behind these shoes was overhype or actually that good. These things feel amazing. tts if wondering and ordering online. Will report back after i skate them.

Nice, I felt the same way about my first-ever NB's just a while ago (440 lows), they felt instantly amazing and the break-in time was minimal/nonexistent. Hype is justified imo.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5740 on: May 22, 2023, 08:05:24 AM »
Next show I'm getting are going to be 417 whites for sure and I don't even like vulcs
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5741 on: May 22, 2023, 08:47:21 AM »
Pretty sure the 1010s were giving me severe achilles soreness. Was wearing them all the time for a couple weeks and my achilles flared up like never before. took em off for about a week now and its back to normal (slightly sore).

truly a tragic, i love the comfort of the 1010s but that shit was unbearable. I think it has something to do with the shortening/lengthening of the tendon on different heel heights. back to 440s for me.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

rothdigga

• Rep: 570
« Reply #5742 on: May 22, 2023, 09:13:19 AM »
I went to the Franky Fest today and wow it was a great time, NB seems to just do things right. I won a pair of Franky 417's and confirm they are TTS and are great for people with a slightly wider foot. I've skated 6 pairs of 1010's in a row but am really excited to skate the Franky's. They feel great on feet and have a broken in feel to them after 10 mins of walking around. I can also confirm that they pass the ankle roll test (look at my username lol) meaning the sole of the heel is wider than usual which provides more stability, which in turn makes it hard to tip your foot inward to roll your ankle. Very rare to find shoes like this, so fair NB has the most models on the market that pass. (Nike and Cons seems like they build their shoes as narrow as possible)

You should have introduced yourself with your SLAP name to me at the booth!  Real life interaction. 

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #5743 on: May 22, 2023, 10:53:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You should have introduced yourself with your SLAP name to me at the booth!  Real life interaction.

Absolutely next time! I'm sure I will be at the next NB event, would love to chat it up about all the great things NB is doing for skateboarding

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #5744 on: May 22, 2023, 12:16:20 PM »
So what’s up with the vegan 440 release date?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5745 on: May 22, 2023, 12:20:37 PM »
Is interesting that 417 didn't came with a classic Black colour offering. Wondering how long we'll have to wait for more 🤔
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

hayduke lives

• Rep: 40
« Reply #5746 on: May 22, 2023, 08:28:10 PM »

wondering about that too, hope it's soon!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5747 on: May 22, 2023, 08:31:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #5748 on: May 23, 2023, 05:00:41 AM »
Dudes skating 417 what’s the sole feel comparable too? Like a 306 or 272? For some reason the 272 felt more cushioned to me than the 306 slip on

IpathCats

« Reply #5749 on: May 23, 2023, 05:18:24 AM »
Think im gonna convert to NB once i burn through my last few pairs of Jordan 1's/dunks ive got on ice.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 03:47:28 PM by IpathCats »

DERBY

• Rep: 250
« Reply #5750 on: May 23, 2023, 06:53:00 AM »
once nb pumps out a vegan 440 it’s over. almost every company has been blowing it when it comes to vegan product

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5751 on: May 23, 2023, 07:37:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
July-August along with a 212 and 420

[close]

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5752 on: May 23, 2023, 02:32:51 PM »
once nb pumps out a vegan 440 it’s over. almost every company has been blowing it when it comes to vegan product
especially now emerica confirmed they are ditching the KSL…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Puddy Smally

• Rep: 147
« Reply #5753 on: May 23, 2023, 02:41:41 PM »
Think im gonna convert to NB once i burn through my lost few pairs of Jordan 1's/dunks ive got on ice.

One of us! Highest quality skate shoes being produced.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #5754 on: May 23, 2023, 02:58:56 PM »

New 440 Colorways, those white shoes are perfect for summer

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #5755 on: May 23, 2023, 03:48:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Think im gonna convert to NB once i burn through my lost few pairs of Jordan 1's/dunks ive got on ice.
[close]

Someone said it in another thread “1010’s make dunks feel like last resorts” and it’s 100% the truth .

IpathCats

« Reply #5756 on: May 23, 2023, 04:38:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Someone said it in another thread “1010’s make dunks feel like last resorts” and it’s 100% the truth .

Having owned all three of the shoes in that joke, I can't say I agree.

Better quality suede/leather on dunks and last resorts imo.

At the very least, it's thicker.

NBs seem to fit the best in the heel though. I'm considering going back to low tops and heel lock is a major concern for me. Of all the skate shoes I've had, NB does that the best. And I've heard multiple other people mention that as well.

NBs feel snug/fitted without feeling tight. At least the 440s I had did.

I had a few pairs of 1010s, and they felt great aside from the toebox being too short (heightwise) and it was rubbing the tops of my toes too much. I sold two pairs and kept the OG color way.

Might still try to skate those eventually.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #5757 on: May 23, 2023, 04:44:14 PM »

My opinion is that the more structured, stable, and wide the heel of a shoe is, the less likely you are to ankle roll, but when you do roll the ankle, the suffering is legendary.

pops

• Rep: 234
« Reply #5758 on: May 23, 2023, 10:52:17 PM »
417 sounds like a great shoe for me then. Those white 440 lows look awesome.

rothdigga

• Rep: 570
« Reply #5759 on: May 24, 2023, 06:26:01 PM »
Looks like our Vegan 440 should start hitting shops in early July sometime.  The vegan 272 vulc will be a little after in Aug, both are Fall shoes but the vulc stuff too longer this season to produce.