Author Topic: 2016 Presidential election  (Read 58270 times)

Main

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -208
Re: 2016 Presidential election
« Reply #420 on: July 24, 2016, 07:13:19 AM »
"The emails go a long way to prove just how broken the electoral college system is, a system that relies on delegates, not the popular vote, to nominate presidential candidates. In what most of us sensed was a rigged system all along, WikiLeaks blowing the cover off of collusion to secure a Clinton nomination should surprise no one."

Where's the idiot who was trying to argue our "democracy" is working?

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #421 on: July 24, 2016, 07:41:27 AM »
cracks in the illusion of u.s. democracy continue to grow. not to worry, cognitive dissonance is a hell of a patcher.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #422 on: July 24, 2016, 07:45:54 AM »
some people say American democracy ended with the JFK assassination. sounds plausible.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #423 on: July 24, 2016, 08:51:16 PM »
This election has been rigged since they wouldn't let Waka Flocka run

PC500

• Rep: 6
« Reply #424 on: July 25, 2016, 03:43:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
All this election stuff is like pro wrestling to fool the masses.
[close]

Yup. It's all strategically planned and everyone is in the puppet masters' pockets.
[close]

Funny thing is more people are more interested in playing Pokemon Go than going out to vote this election

Hillary has got to be leaning on Niantic to get a bunch of rare Pokemons hiding near polling booths on election day.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #425 on: July 25, 2016, 05:58:33 AM »
"The emails go a long way to prove just how broken the electoral college system is, a system that relies on delegates, not the popular vote, to nominate presidential candidates. In what most of us sensed was a rigged system all along, WikiLeaks blowing the cover off of collusion to secure a Clinton nomination should surprise no one."

Where's the idiot who was trying to argue our "democracy" is working?

cause the republican establishment really was cheating the system to get trump. and obama beating clinton, definitely something the democratic establishment rigged...

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #426 on: July 25, 2016, 07:50:01 AM »
Democracy is a stupid idea anyway let's be honest.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #427 on: July 25, 2016, 07:57:13 AM »
you guys could apologize and join the commonwealth? #trendwatchbrexit is gonna be big this year

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #428 on: July 25, 2016, 09:08:23 AM »
What a shit show. I will begrudgingly vote for Hillary, because I would like some kind of future worth living for my son. It's either minor social victories and a hint of progress with an unlikable, corrupt harpie or staring in to the abyss with Trump. I choose the harpie.
you never know about pre-cum 

Bonefish

• Rep: 4
« Reply #429 on: July 25, 2016, 09:24:32 AM »
you choose nothing

excitableboy

• Rep: 93
« Reply #430 on: July 26, 2016, 11:57:24 AM »
/thread

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #431 on: July 26, 2016, 05:01:58 PM »
Expand Quote
This election has been rigged since they wouldn't let Waka Flocka run
[close]
yes, our founding fathers warped into 2012 to change the minimum age of presidents to 35 so benjamin flocka couldn't run

Ill take someone under 35 than a reality tv star

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #432 on: July 27, 2016, 04:49:04 AM »
on election day we should have a poll for the gipper vs sinclair

also fuck politics jail is for cops
good come sausage

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #433 on: July 28, 2016, 04:39:10 AM »
It's just a straight up global reality tv show at this point. Is it really an election anymore? I mean, the choice you're given is between gonorrhea or chlamydia except neither girl is very attractive and you don't have the option to wear a condom. You're not being denied sex but do you even care about getting laid at that point?

Trump is a buffoon. He's got the hair of a little lego man with a stupid chubby, bunched up face. What he's doing is toxic for the country as to making people feel justified in their outspoken racism and bigotry. However, it's also insanely toxic for the political parties which is a good thing in that they're being exposed. They always say the same thing about fixing the education system, helping the poor, and so on but back out when the option comes to fill their pockets.

Now we have this guy up there who out of nowhere just blurts out, "Mexicans are raping everyone!". Immediately I wonder how the hell this guy is able to stand up there with the rest of them but am damn sure curious what stupid thing he'll say next. I'm not saying that I'll vote for him but if he gets elected, on the bright side, he won't be able to get anything done. There's a system of checks and balances for which both sides hate him. At the end of those four years maybe the two parties would realized they did this and have to really get their shit together. We'd have four years of Donald Trump calling Kim Jung-on a chink and telling Vladimir Putin to cover up his bologna nipples.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #434 on: July 28, 2016, 05:21:13 AM »
^what's so bad about Hillary?

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #435 on: July 28, 2016, 08:13:21 AM »
^what's so bad about Hillary?

Hillary is a warmonger. Don't be fooled by her identity politics rhetoric at home. Her main objective is to carry out the foreign policy of the neocons who are in her camp now. Neocons like Donald Kagan, who was a major architect of the Iraq War, are pushing for more global conflict. They operate under the philosophy that the entire world should be made in the image of Western liberal democracy and that violent American interventions are justifiable in the pursuit of this. Do you think the world would be better off now if we hadn't done Iraq part 2? I sure do. It's not America's job to overthrow world governments.

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #436 on: July 28, 2016, 10:23:42 AM »
^ Along with that will be the usual daily activities of the CIA creating and funding secret wars around the world using our tax dollars and revenue from the drug war.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #438 on: July 28, 2016, 10:48:46 AM »
I mean, the choice you're given is between gonorrhea or chlamydia except neither girl is very attractive and you don't have the option to wear a condom. You're not being denied sex but do you even care about getting laid at that point?

cover up his bologna nipples.

she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #439 on: July 28, 2016, 11:13:56 AM »
I don't think toppling Sadam was such a bad thing and that's what she voted for when she voted to enter Iraq 2.  She didn't vote for disbanding the Iraqi National army after Sadam and the total incompetence and bad choices that followed the invasion.  If it's not America's job to attempt to bring stability to the world who's job is it?  The UN doesn't do shit.  I think many countries depend on us playing that role.  You cannot say if the world is in a better state without Iraq 2 because we have no idea what would've happened in the region after 13 more years of Sadam.  Sure maybe IS wouldn't exist, but the region completely unraveling seemed to be just a matter of time .

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #440 on: July 28, 2016, 11:27:23 AM »
The Middle East was more stable with Saddam in power. He provided the right balance between all the different religious groups there. After Iraq 2 is when the region's unraveling became a certain thing. Obama might have hastened the process but it was gonna happen, and it was actually by design. Israel wants the surrounding region to be balkanized for easier growth of its territory there.

America should never have gone in the first place under the false pretext of WMD. The neocons who helped start that whole process are big time Hillary supporters now. Look at this article by Robert Kagan: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/this-is-how-fascism-comes-to-america/2016/05/17/c4e32c58-1c47-11e6-8c7b-6931e66333e7_story.html

This guy went from being a Republican conservative to a Democrat who cares about women and minorities. The hypocrisy, and duplicity, is astounding. He doesn't support Trump because Trump will not be a good little ally like Hillary. Robert Kagan's dad helped plan the second Iraq War and he believes in the exact same policies. And these guys do not like Russia either. Hillary in office means more war, perpetually.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 11:29:03 AM by ChuckRamone »

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #441 on: July 28, 2016, 03:47:37 PM »
The way I look at it is I'm not voting FOR Hillary, I'm voting AGAINST Trump supporters, who are pretty much the worst people in this country. 

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #442 on: July 28, 2016, 05:33:49 PM »
I'm so tired of people just siding with "their" party. It's like everyone in this country's brain has a pyramid scheme that looks something like family>religion>political party>guns>favorite sports team. Family is important, sure, but your dad raping you is demented. Just because he's your dad doesn't make it right. For some people there comes a point where you have to realize your family is super fucked up. In the USA, this is a realization everyone who identifies as a democrat or republican needs to accept.

Hillary grew up the wealthy daughter of a textile factory owner, went to elite schools, and married the smart kid from the poor side of things (Bill Clinton). So she has been using his rags-to-riches grew-up-poor street cred for a long time, despite never being poor herself. She claims to relate on so many issues I just don't think she can and that's why she flip flops on so many issues.

Hillary was embroiled in an investment scandal in 1978-1979 where a $1,000 investment she made paid out $100,000 after 8 months in the market after what the American Journal of Economics called a "1 in 31 Trillion odds of doing so successfully without breaking insider trading laws". Of course Hillary, the wife of the Governor of Arkansas, never got convicted of anything. This is just the beginning for her.

She supported the War in Iraq, the invasion of Libya, NAFTA and TPP, and of course because she is totally bought and sold by special interests. She and her husband have been paid millions and millions by global corporations and powerful interests who will control her every decision. Every decision she makes has and will be bought. There's her email scandal to which she will not be prosecuted and then as soon as the DNC emails leak she hires Wasserman-Schultz to be a lead in her campaign. If the message wasn't there before it definitely is now. That message is, "Corrupt is okay as long as it benefits me. You can be corrupt too, in fact you'll be rewarded, just so long as it benefits me".

To be fair, Hillary has definitely done a lot and in the past has been progressive but her morals weren't that to prevent her from turning to the dark side extremely fast. Can you blame her? That's just the way the system works. Millions of dollars get thrown at you instantly to vote in the interests of greed. We need someone who's going to actually change it or just totally fuck it up and piss each party off. Then, on one end, I think most American's are probably like Donald Trump. They're like, "This guy...he likes guns! He likes money! He seems like he doesn't know how to read and neither can I!". I'm definitely not voting for Trump but then I'm probably not going to vote for Hillary either. Honestly, I'll probably go with Jill Stein.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 05:41:18 PM by sexualhelon »

swag nollies

« Reply #443 on: July 28, 2016, 06:26:22 PM »
The way I look at it is I'm not voting FOR Hillary, I'm voting AGAINST Trump supporters, who are pretty much the worst people in this country. 
Thats stupid. Just dont vote and let it play out naturally. Do you know the percentage of people you see at rallys on T.V., on either side, is a very small percentage of voters, because most people arent out yelling their opinions on the street. Only idiots do that.

Voting against trump supporters is just as bad as trump supporters. Im not voting because I dont want my hand in any of that. Ill let the emotional people and normal people who support someone place their bets.

Ima just smoke this blunt.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #444 on: July 29, 2016, 10:03:40 AM »
I don't really like Hillary too much but we cannot have Trump as our President. The guy is completely out of his mind. He just said this today at a speech about the DNC.

"You know what I wanted to. I wanted to hit a couple of those speakers so hard," Trump said. "I would have hit them. No, no. I was going to hit them, I was all set and then I got a call from a highly respected governor." This is a potential president saying these things. If you can't handle someone criticizing you, why are you running for president? You can't hit people.

This added to other things he has said. Culture trickles down. We need a guy who espouses proper values and is someone who can inspire good in people.

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #445 on: July 29, 2016, 10:31:42 AM »
I don't really like Hillary too much but we cannot have Trump as our President. The guy is completely out of his mind. He just said this today at a speech about the DNC.

"You know what I wanted to. I wanted to hit a couple of those speakers so hard," Trump said. "I would have hit them. No, no. I was going to hit them, I was all set and then I got a call from a highly respected governor." This is a potential president saying these things. If you can't handle someone criticizing you, why are you running for president? You can't hit people.

This added to other things he has said. Culture trickles down. We need a guy who espouses proper values and is someone who can inspire good in people.

You studying for a Confucian exam?

2:1 - The Master said, "If you govern with the power of your virtue, you will be like the North Star. It just stays in its place while all the other stars position themselves around it."

12:19 - Ji Kang Zi asked Confucius about government saying, "Suppose I were to kill the unjust, in order to advance the just. Would that be all right?"

Confucius replied: "In doing government, what is the need of killing? If you desire good, the people will be good. The nature of the noble man is like the wind, the nature of the inferior man is like the grass. When the wind blows over the grass, it always bends."

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #446 on: July 29, 2016, 12:24:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Thats stupid. Just dont vote and let it play out naturally. Do you know the percentage of people you see at rallys on T.V., on either side, is a very small percentage of voters, because most people arent out yelling their opinions on the street. Only idiots do that.

Voting against trump supporters is just as bad as trump supporters. Im not voting because I dont want my hand in any of that. Ill let the emotional people and normal people who support someone place their bets.

Ima just smoke this blunt.

oh god... the whole 'apathy is activism' bullshit. 

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #447 on: July 29, 2016, 03:36:10 PM »
Sucks that Bernie was cheated out of this election. I understand that not voting for the left results as a default vote for Trump (given that republican voter turnout consistently exceeds democrat turnout), but its definitely hard to feel satisfied in voting for Hilary.

Chris Hedges dose of realism is a sad and scary thing, but pretty insightful anyways:

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2519
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #449 on: July 30, 2016, 05:27:26 AM »
the republicans are shameless with this, redistricting, shutting down the government, not hearing obama's nominations... they really cheat the system whenever they can and the get all steamy about the sanctity of the constitution. such a weird party.