Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds to Adidas?  (Read 31289 times)

Casey Jones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
Re: Andrew Reynolds to Adidas?
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2016, 12:53:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If this happens slap would look like this....

interviewer: so why did you switch from emerica to adidas? it seems like a drastic change from something you rode for close to 20 years
reynolds: so baker is not doing as well as it should and i figure i can help out by using the money from this deal to help secure the team...

slap message boards: Baker is going out of business??? Maybe they should kick off _____ and _____ yeah man i haven't seen those boards at all. yeah and like they haven't been the same since blah blah
[close]
A failing business doesn't suddenly become profitable because the owner supplements his income from another job. They need to figure out how to become profitable again if that is the case, not just start throwing their own money into it. A business is supposed to be a source of money, when that stops happening, the business is done. Why would you throw money at something that is failing?
[close]
Because you love it.

Ask Dyrdek

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2016, 01:07:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Do you guys say "E-merica" or "Em-erica"?
[close]

Kick start my heartttt. :o

Also I agree with everyone that Drewsdays is the worst. I listened to an episode to see what the fuss was about. He's as bad and uninformed as advertised. They were talking about the Exp-1 exodus and his "sources" told him Chany was still running Exp-1 and who was on the team. The other two called him out about Chany being gone since December and on some other BS. Dude seemed flustered and said he was going to talk to his "source". The other two dudes should start their own show with out him. I may or may not watch but it would atleast be respectable.

Still can't believe DGKALIS did a two hour episode as a guest host. Are we missing something Kakis?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 01:09:54 PM by Big Baby Jesus »
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -304
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2016, 02:12:14 PM »
that drew days show is the worst.  It would be cooler if someone from SLAP made a podcast and asked real questions and went over rumors that are relevant or at least seem believable. I think dude had a episode that was 2 hrs long about nyjah that enough is reason for me not to tune in

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2016, 03:04:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

interviewer: so why did you switch from emerica to adidas? it seems like a drastic change from something you rode for close to 20 years
reynolds: so baker is not doing as well as it should and i figure i can help out by using the money from this deal to help secure the team...

slap message boards: Baker is going out of business??? Maybe they should kick off _____ and _____ yeah man i haven't seen those boards at all. yeah and like they haven't been the same since blah blah
[close]
A failing business doesn't suddenly become profitable because the owner supplements his income from another job. They need to figure out how to become profitable again if that is the case, not just start throwing their own money into it. A business is supposed to be a source of money, when that stops happening, the business is done. Why would you throw money at something that is failing?
[close]
Because you love it.
[close]

Why so you can be broke AND unemployed? I know you don't live in the real world but "because you love it" doesn't work for business.

c'mon man, business trumps love? Reducing it all to a bottom line  is unrealistic no matter if you got stars or dollar signs in your eyes. Relationships and projects thrive for a variety of reasons.

unerds

• Rep: -3
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2016, 03:19:14 PM »
Expand Quote
You'll still have Es/Huf/Lakai/Filament/Vox/Etnies for your skater owned shit once emerica dies ;)
[close]

Es
Huf Owned By Investors
Lakai Owned By Investors
Filament Basically a Zumiez brand
Vox No way they will still be around in a year
Etnies

to clarify, as far as any of us know Huf and Crail weren't sold to investors.  They did receive some investment from an outside source, which is not the same as selling... They merely sought out some financial backing to help them stay afloat/compete.

We don't know the extent of the partnership in either case, so to say they're owned by investors isn't necessarily the case at all.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2016, 05:24:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Because you love it.
[close]

Why so you can be broke AND unemployed? I know you don't live in the real world but "because you love it" doesn't work for business.
[close]

c'mon man, business trumps love? Reducing it all to a bottom line  is unrealistic no matter if you got stars or dollar signs in your eyes. Relationships and projects thrive for a variety of reasons.

In terms of keeping people paid and fed and the lights on, yes business shits all over love's corpse.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2016, 05:40:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You'll still have Es/Huf/Lakai/Filament/Vox/Etnies for your skater owned shit once emerica dies ;)
[close]

Es
Huf Owned By Investors
Lakai Owned By Investors
Etnies
[close]

to clarify, as far as any of us know Huf and Crail weren't sold to investors.  They did receive some investment from an outside source, which is not the same as selling... They merely sought out some financial backing to help them stay afloat/compete.

We don't know the extent of the partnership in either case, so to say they're owned by investors isn't necessarily the case at all.
you don't know how investments work do you?

and Vox has a female CEO, they bought Vox (or maybe "invested") a long time ago.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2016, 05:56:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Es
Huf Owned By Investors
Lakai Owned By Investors
Etnies

You know, I don't really feel like a company being owned by investors automatically dismisses the way that they're run. Vans is corporate owned, but it's clear that it's run by people who skateboard, or at least care a lot about skateboarding. If a company like Lakai is bought by bigger investors but still grants Mike and Rick creative control, that doesn't automatically equate it to a company like Nike.

I don't know if that's the case, but just something I've been thinking about.

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2016, 07:21:28 PM »
If you were Rick and Mike, would you rather fund tours, videos and new product with your own money or someone else's?

Changes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -220
  • #NeverForget
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2016, 08:12:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

her stupid hair pisses me off

unerds

• Rep: -3
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2016, 08:49:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Es
Huf Owned By Investors
Lakai Owned By Investors
Etnies
[close]

[close]

and Vox has a female CEO, they bought Vox (or maybe "invested") a long time ago.

altamont capital injected money into crail and huf.

we dont know to what extent, but basically means that huf and crail are accountable for some kind of return on that investment at some point down the road.

that doesnt mean that theyre calling the shots in either case...

buying a company is a different matter entirely.

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2016, 03:24:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Es
Huf Owned By Investors
Lakai Owned By Investors
Etnies
[close]

[close]

[close]

altamont capital injected money into crail and huf.

we dont know to what extent, but basically means that huf and crail are accountable for some kind of return on that investment at some point down the road.

that doesnt mean that theyre calling the shots in either case...

buying a company is a different matter entirely.

Exactly, and if there was no money being made before or the thought no money could be made, they would never have invested.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 215
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2016, 04:47:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Also I agree with everyone that Drewsdays is the worst. I listened to an episode to see what the fuss was about. He's as bad and uninformed as advertised. They were talking about the Exp-1 exodus and his "sources" told him Chany was still running Exp-1 and who was on the team. The other two called him out about Chany being gone since December and on some other BS. Dude seemed flustered and said he was going to talk to his "source". The other two dudes should start their own show with out him. I may or may not watch but it would atleast be respectable.

Still can't believe DGKALIS did a two hour episode as a guest host. Are we missing something Kakis?

drewsdays dickhead is the biggest wimp and should not have a "role" in skating. same goes to the revive and to the ride channel people. all the same bag of shit
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 04:50:44 AM by Esquivel »
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2016, 06:49:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Es
Huf Owned By Investors
Lakai Owned By Investors
Etnies
[close]

You know, I don't really feel like a company being owned by investors automatically dismisses the way that they're run. Vans is corporate owned, but it's clear that it's run by people who skateboard, or at least care a lot about skateboarding. If a company like Lakai is bought by bigger investors but still grants Mike and Rick creative control, that doesn't automatically equate it to a company like Nike.

+1
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Randozzi

« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2016, 07:09:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Es
Huf Owned By Investors
Lakai Owned By Investors
Etnies
[close]

Well said, it's more about the people that run the company than anything else.

zippy z

« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2016, 07:22:14 PM »
When you so drunk you forget your a stumpy troll with a wide, dumpy ass who works in retail and bones man-ams

SuperSonics

• Rep: -7
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2016, 07:50:16 PM »

stone cold steve austin

• Rep: -84
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2016, 08:23:02 PM »
dc,osiris  & etnies will be around for awhile becasue they have the moto and bmx in there brand as well

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 163
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2016, 09:00:34 PM »
When you so drunk you forget your a stumpy troll with a wide, dumpy ass who works in retail and bones man-ams

Eat shit.
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2016, 09:23:10 PM »
Expand Quote
c'mon man, business trumps love? Reducing it all to a bottom line  is unrealistic no matter if you got stars or dollar signs in your eyes. Relationships and projects thrive for a variety of reasons.
[close]

In terms of keeping people paid and fed and the lights on, yes business shits all over love's corpse.

Relationships and inspired projects are intrinsically valuable
The intrinsically valuable makes (necessary condition) for meaningful experiences
Meaningful experiences make for a meaningful life
So, relationships and inspired projects make for a meaningful life

Business success is measured by money
Money has relative value
What has relative value is not intrinsically valuable
So, business success does not make for a meaningful life

Granting the meaningful life is better than a meaningless life, relationships and inspired projects shit all over business's corpse

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2016, 09:44:31 PM »
I'd like to there to be a sea change in skateboarding where instead of glorifying high school drop outs, everyone skates while getting an MBA to continue the debate

zippy z

« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2016, 06:06:50 PM »
Which shit-sponsor asshole are you? She is a fucking kook who has no legitimate reason to be associated with skateboarding. She is nothing more than an industry-endorsed am ho. Not even good enough to be one of those pro hos we used to hear about. You need to eat shit you fucking loser.

Expand Quote

[close]

Eat shit.

Such

« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2016, 07:12:40 PM »
Which shit-sponsor asshole are you? She is a fucking kook who has no legitimate reason to be associated with skateboarding. She is nothing more than an industry-endorsed am ho. Not even good enough to be one of those pro hos we used to hear about. You need to eat shit you fucking loser.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Eat shit.
[close]

can you guys shut the fuck up im trying to masturbate

swag nollies

« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2016, 07:16:04 PM »
Can someone photoshop ericas face onto some thick chicks naked body, I would appreciate that.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2016, 08:22:35 PM »
what ever happen to that marquise preston kid who had the ill front bigspin though free max b

i feel like an emerica sponsorship is the kiss of death for a skinny panted black kid

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2016, 08:29:31 PM »
what ever happen to that marquise preston kid who had the ill front bigspin though free max b

He mentions putting some footage out there at the end of this interview/clip, but, it was over a year ago.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2016, 09:34:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i feel like an emerica sponsorship is the kiss of death for a skinny panted black kid

holy shit i lol'd
good come sausage

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2016, 09:59:57 AM »
I'm pretty sure he got kicked off his companies because he always talked about how he didn't like his teammates in interviews and such.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2016, 10:18:52 AM »
I'm pretty sure he got kicked off his companies because he always talked about how he didn't like his teammates in interviews and such.

damn i wonder what such did to him
good come sausage

jimi420

« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2016, 10:39:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

holy shit i lol'd
Besides Marquis there hasn't been any other blacks, have there?

And he talked about how he was bummed he was on Foundation instead of Toy and I think that's what got him the boot from there, and Emerica had "budget cuts" (They added Dee a few months afterwards)