Author Topic: Proper Skateboarding Update  (Read 49698 times)

Vx Vision

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
Re: Proper (FTW) Update
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2016, 06:11:35 PM »
The white/gum shoes look stupid good. Are they leather or just a smooth suede?

Bensquirts

• Rep: 75
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2016, 06:51:18 PM »
Really like the hi top! The box is very rad also, definitely going to scoop a pair.

JAesop

« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2016, 07:29:11 PM »
High tops look goooood!

Rick Sanchez

« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2016, 02:30:29 AM »
Beatrice posted a pic of the white/gum bruin type shoe on her insta earlier but it's been taken down now. Genuinely hope I can get my hands on a pair in the uk.

Rick Sanchez

« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2016, 08:18:56 AM »
My bad - was on her story

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2016, 08:22:19 AM »
^^ Those shoes are fine. I saw the story too.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2016, 08:51:04 AM »

Those look sweeeet! The green touch is dope, the sole seems nice and the toe shape looks "proper" as fuck too.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2281
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2016, 09:57:29 AM »

Shape looks great! Is there an ollie patch on there that we can't see in that catalog photo?

I'd rock a black with white sole in that one for sure.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2016, 10:17:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Those look sweeeet! The green touch is dope, the sole seems nice and the toe shape looks "proper" as fuck too.

Hey Baravettski,
I know im not in the norm of shoe sizes, i know smaller brands dont always make every size. any chance youre going to make 7's?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2016, 10:22:23 AM »
These all look really really good. Bravo.

baravettski

• Rep: 41
« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2016, 10:48:11 AM »
Thanks everyone. All of them are suede, no leather yet. Getting these things sent off to team dudes, more updates soon...

baravettski

« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2016, 10:49:35 AM »
Watson - yep there's an ollie patch.

shit_for_brians - thanks!

pointandclick - yeah, planning on going down to 6

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2016, 11:07:35 AM »
All of those shoes look amazing

Grind King Rims

« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2016, 12:09:27 PM »
Looking forward to picking up a pair or two.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #134 on: December 10, 2016, 03:29:27 AM »
What's the expected price on these beauties?

Also my two cents: for some reason they all looka bit heavy, I know it's just the looks but that what i felt looking at them.
Maybe because I had those in brown back in the days, and they were fucking heavy, but good otherwises.
The sole looks good, maybe a couple milimeters too big but those are all shoe you look at and feel like you want to skate them.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 403
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2016, 03:35:24 AM »
Do you only skate vulcs?  Because these don't look any thicker or heavier than ay other cupsole, save for the super minimal ones like the Laced or Figgy.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2016, 03:36:25 AM »
Those look also classic but perfect

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2016, 03:42:07 AM »
Do you only skate vulcs?  Because these don't look any thicker or heavier than ay other cupsole, save for the super minimal ones like the Laced or Figgy.
I actually skate more cupsoles than vulc, but  maybe it's not the sole. It could be the angle of the pictures or the padding, or the fact that there is not a stripe in the side of the sole that makes it look slimmer. I don't say that as a negative criticism. I'm being honest, when I looked at them (specially in the multiple shoes picture), they looked a like they'd weight a bit more than typical shoes.
It's purely optical perception, it could be the fact that there are no logos, so my brain feels like something is wrong.
I'd probably have a different perception if there was a lakai/nike/adidas logo on it and a side stripe on the sides of the sole, or some part of the undersole that goes over the lines on the side (I don't know how to describe it accurately), like in the dunks for example

The lower blue part of the sole goes into the sides of the sole, and the red lining breaks also the perception of the sole. If it was all white, it would look bigger/heavier. It's just about perception
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 03:53:31 AM by Turtle Boy »

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2016, 04:00:19 AM »
wow, those red mid tops look amazing.

congrats, and all the best to you guys!

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 403
« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2016, 11:25:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Do you only skate vulcs?  Because these don't look any thicker or heavier than ay other cupsole, save for the super minimal ones like the Laced or Figgy.
[close]
I actually skate more cupsoles than vulc, but  maybe it's not the sole. It could be the angle of the pictures or the padding, or the fact that there is not a stripe in the side of the sole that makes it look slimmer. I don't say that as a negative criticism. I'm being honest, when I looked at them (specially in the multiple shoes picture), they looked a like they'd weight a bit more than typical shoes.
It's purely optical perception, it could be the fact that there are no logos, so my brain feels like something is wrong.
I'd probably have a different perception if there was a lakai/nike/adidas logo on it and a side stripe on the sides of the sole, or some part of the undersole that goes over the lines on the side (I don't know how to describe it accurately), like in the dunks for example

The lower blue part of the sole goes into the sides of the sole, and the red lining breaks also the perception of the sole. If it was all white, it would look bigger/heavier. It's just about perception

I get what you're saying.  That makes sense now.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -1
« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2016, 02:29:42 PM »
do they do hardflips y/n?

ZEBRA

« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2016, 11:34:51 AM »

Man, can't wait to support!!!

Grind King Rims

« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2016, 02:25:22 AM »

I hadn't paid too much attention to the skate photos/clips so far, just seemed like standard skating for standard advertising, but this is sick.

baravettski

« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2016, 10:22:46 AM »
Here's a breakdown on the cupsole with some references..

I raised up the height of the sidewall profile to be in the zone of vulc sidewall tape, I went between blazer/bruin vulc height and something like a Vans which is way higher. Most skate cupsoles are actually very low from the side, and yes, the color breaks and stitch lines can make them look even thinner.

I had a theory that if the cupsole was higher with more of a radius it would make the flick better and last longer. To make sure it wasn't a brick we took rubber out of the inside and made the outsole as thin as we could so it's flex but still wears down well. I just got back from a loop to LA and back and everyone that's seen them has said they actually feel lighter then they look, so that's been good too. Here are references of sidewall height up in that flick zone. Dunk is about 19-20mm, blazer is 24mm and Proper is 26mm. That angle from the cupsole stitch up lets us have some extra rubber to stay durable and keeps the flick nice. Durometer for the rubber is a nice balance so that it stays grippy the whole time it wears down. I skated my test pairs all the way through and they stay grippy the whole time.

Turtle Boy, what's the name of that Etnies? We were all trying to remember the other day and I couldn't place it...

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2016, 10:42:20 AM »
Here's a breakdown on the cupsole with some references..

I raised up the height of the sidewall profile to be in the zone of vulc sidewall tape, I went between blazer/bruin vulc height and something like a Vans which is way higher. Most skate cupsoles are actually very low from the side, and yes, the color breaks and stitch lines can make them look even thinner.

I had a theory that if the cupsole was higher with more of a radius it would make the flick better and last longer. To make sure it wasn't a brick we took rubber out of the inside and made the outsole as thin as we could so it's flex but still wears down well. I just got back from a loop to LA and back and everyone that's seen them has said they actually feel lighter then they look, so that's been good too. Here are references of sidewall height up in that flick zone. Dunk is about 19-20mm, blazer is 24mm and Proper is 26mm. That angle from the cupsole stitch up lets us have some extra rubber to stay durable and keeps the flick nice. Durometer for the rubber is a nice balance so that it stays grippy the whole time it wears down. I skated my test pairs all the way through and they stay grippy the whole time.

Turtle Boy, what's the name of that Etnies? We were all trying to remember the other day and I couldn't place it...

Thanks for the explanations, it's really interesting to hear about the process.
The Etnies I had were called the Scam, but as usual with Etnies, it came in various names before and after the release of the model I owned. I think one of the versions was called Slam.

ungzilla

« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2016, 10:45:30 AM »

etnies scam

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2016, 12:34:28 PM »
I'll be buying the white/gums for sure!
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

baravettski

« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2016, 12:51:53 PM »
SCAM! When I was trying to remember I could only think of the Skol and Screw and it was driving me crazy. Maybe it was SKAM back in the day, because 90's.

baravettski

« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2016, 01:34:10 PM »

y*

*proper not responsible for illusion hard flips.

coneklr

« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2016, 04:10:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

y*

*proper not responsible for illusion hard flips.

Damn it ... the bane of my existence and now I won't be able to blame you when I get a pair!

not my most recent but you can see the struggle is real ...