Author Topic: Proper Skateboarding Update  (Read 49809 times)

Wizard Fight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
Re: Proper (FTW) Update
« Reply #240 on: August 28, 2017, 11:58:56 PM »
I came here to post that video and was too late, but while I'm here, I wanna plug Proper. Shawn sent me these to skate last year for free, just cuz I emailed him, super kind. They're extremely solid and well made. I don't have any pictures of them skated but they are tuff.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #241 on: August 29, 2017, 12:02:13 AM »
awesome vid!
(vegan options please Shawn)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #242 on: August 29, 2017, 12:19:00 AM »
Looks super CLEAN with the green laces.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

asakusa75

« Reply #243 on: August 29, 2017, 03:28:18 AM »

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #244 on: August 29, 2017, 03:52:24 AM »
Those shoes look so much better on feet. Will probably try if I see them around my area.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #245 on: August 29, 2017, 09:00:37 AM »
That many kf is a day. That was awesome. At his age too.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2307
« Reply #246 on: August 29, 2017, 09:56:16 AM »
I watched the 100 kickflip video last night and was very impressed. Being an older dude also I want to see if I could do 100 kickflips in one session. I'm guessing I'd get too tired.

baravettski

• Rep: 41
« Reply #247 on: August 29, 2017, 10:10:54 AM »
Thanks everyone! I wanted a shoe good to skate out the box and I'm pretty fuckin' happy with how they came out.

GISM - I would love to some vegan options, just gotta get through a run or two first, but it's on my radar.

Wizard Fight - rad, glad you liked em. I actually beefed up the outsole a little bit from those samples you have, gives em some extra wear time.

We are working on a promo launch vid now, team guys have a Sep. 9th deadline, shooting to have it ready for my birthday on Sep 21, gonna try to do a little event here in Portland. The sneak peak footy I've seen is sick so far.

baravettski

« Reply #248 on: August 29, 2017, 10:48:05 AM »
Got a market research question for you guys:

Would you rather see a full website like this with the shop button that links to the store like this -

https://properskateboarding.squarespace.com/

Or just simple webstore, like this -

www.properskateboarding.com

We could add more to the website too, links to vids, etc... Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #249 on: August 29, 2017, 12:17:36 PM »
Got a market research question for you guys:

Would you rather see a full website like this with the shop button that links to the store like this -

https://properskateboarding.squarespace.com/

Or just simple webstore, like this -

www.properskateboarding.com

We could add more to the website too, links to vids, etc... Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

Full website with a shop link.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
« Reply #250 on: August 29, 2017, 12:45:59 PM »
full website for sure, I always like to see a team reference first thing, more credible.

store is necessary but necessarily generic

100 flips was impressive stamina and the shoes look good, I'll be looking for them

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #251 on: August 29, 2017, 12:58:33 PM »
I like the full website more personally. is it cheaper to run a square space site than a traditional domain?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:46:10 PM by pointandclick »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #252 on: August 29, 2017, 01:00:43 PM »
Full site with team, even if it's just some photos and other sponsors so you can find other info on them. Include a simple store but would be cool to also see a list of shops carrying you as well.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #253 on: August 29, 2017, 01:04:00 PM »
Coked out mids look sick. Will definitely look out for these when they make it to the U.K.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
« Reply #254 on: August 29, 2017, 01:20:47 PM »
These look really good, super impressed by the kickflip weartest. I personally think it would be better to have a more subtle logo than the giant letters PRO PER in the back of the shoes, or have them the same colour as the shoe. It kinda seems conflict with the seemingly minimal, simple aesthetic that the shoes appear to have.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #255 on: August 29, 2017, 01:45:26 PM »
These look really good, super impressed by the kickflip weartest. I personally think it would be better to have a more subtle logo than the giant letters PRO PER in the back of the shoes, or have them the same colour as the shoe. It kinda seems conflict with the seemingly minimal, simple aesthetic that the shoes appear to have.

100% agreed.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #256 on: August 29, 2017, 02:02:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

100% agreed.

baravettski

« Reply #257 on: August 29, 2017, 02:41:18 PM »
Yeah, I went back and forth on that heel branding color. My thought was that since there was none on there I'd put it on the heel where you don't see it while you're skating. Plus it looks pretty cool in footy. Also easily paint-pennable.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #258 on: August 31, 2017, 10:45:03 AM »
Yeah, I went back and forth on that heel branding color. My thought was that since there was none on there I'd put it on the heel where you don't see it while you're skating. Plus it looks pretty cool in footy. Also easily paint-pennable.
I think it's a great way to brand the shoe.
Considering there are no logo tags on the side of the shoe like most brands, and better yet, no "swoosh" to dangle off the side of your foot after the 3rd session. It would be really cool if Proper kept it a running idea on newer models to tastefully display the branding and keep away from large logos on the sides.

I will say I feel like the Rook model hasn't been as showcased, as the Cinex seems to be the flagship model right now. I'd definitely like to see how they look skated compared to the other models. Really want to pick a pair up but I'm nervous about my weird foot shape not letting me fit into my usual size 9.

*edit: Keep up the good work!
 ;D(666 post count) ;D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 10:46:37 AM by IanBZHD »

Mongoloid

« Reply #259 on: August 31, 2017, 10:48:29 AM »
I'm going full contrarian in regards to the branding on the heel. I think the bold text standing out is a classy unique touch.

Often times I'll draw or write on my shoes in that area anyways.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
« Reply #260 on: August 31, 2017, 01:51:49 PM »

this comment is appreciated but surprising. I prefer solid colours and often paint out logos, but feel like a lot of people like the "fresh-out-the-box" idea when it comes to footwear. Modifying/personalizing gear is somewhat trendy, main thing keeping this trend from extending to footwear is probably price.

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #261 on: August 31, 2017, 04:18:51 PM »
Will the vines be coming in a low top anytime soon ?
yes

baravettski

« Reply #262 on: September 01, 2017, 05:01:03 PM »
Ian - Thanks, yeah, that's pretty much how I looked at it. I feel like side branding can work if it fits the shoe, it just has to flow.

Mongoloid - Thanks!

botefdunn - Definitely in the sneaker world they try to keep em super fresh. I'm down for whatever puts you in the right mental state to feel good skating.

rob - The Cinex you mean? I just chopped a pair of mine down for shits, and I do think it would make a pretty sick low. I gotta redo the collar area though. I'll sample it up at some point and see how it looks.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #263 on: September 01, 2017, 09:28:45 PM »
you never know about pre-cum 

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 376
« Reply #264 on: September 01, 2017, 11:02:15 PM »
full website for sure, I always like to see a team reference first thing, more credible.

store is necessary but necessarily generic

100 flips was impressive stamina and the shoes look good, I'll be looking for them

THIS
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #265 on: September 01, 2017, 11:46:53 PM »
sorry to pester about this question, just wondering if you have had any chance to look into a canadian distro?

deluxxxe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #266 on: September 02, 2017, 07:10:40 AM »
I came here to post that video and was too late, but while I'm here, I wanna plug Proper. Shawn sent me these to skate last year for free, just cuz I emailed him, super kind. They're extremely solid and well made. I don't have any pictures of them skated but they are tuff.

just bought these same shoes from the site, was stoked to start skating em but then I fucked up my back so now I've just been wearing em to work :-\

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #267 on: September 03, 2017, 01:37:07 AM »
Thanks everyone! I wanted a shoe good to skate out the box and I'm pretty fuckin' happy with how they came out.

GISM - I would love to some vegan options, just gotta get through a run or two first, but it's on my radar.

Wizard Fight - rad, glad you liked em. I actually beefed up the outsole a little bit from those samples you have, gives em some extra wear time.

We are working on a promo launch vid now, team guys have a Sep. 9th deadline, shooting to have it ready for my birthday on Sep 21, gonna try to do a little event here in Portland. The sneak peak footy I've seen is sick so far.

We have the same birthday!🎉

I was gonna buy the White/gum Conquistas asap but current unemployment has me watching the spending habits til I lock something down. Will they be available for a season or so?

baravettski

« Reply #268 on: September 03, 2017, 09:31:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

We have the same birthday!🎉

I was gonna buy the White/gum Conquistas asap but current unemployment has me watching the spending habits til I lock something down. Will they be available for a season or so?

Happy early birthday! The last ten years I've been doing "kickflip, fakie flip and tre flip your age" but I might try the skate your age thing this year and get 42 tricks. I dunno yet. Anyway, yeah, we're gonna keep the Conquista around for a while for sure.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #269 on: September 22, 2017, 11:59:27 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me