Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328799 times)

AlexOlsonsDashiki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 39
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #2220 on: July 10, 2020, 08:05:12 AM »
Expand Quote
straye is doing 50% off site wide.

Has anyone skated their stuff? What is sizing like? Is it even worth buying?
[close]
True to size for the 2 pair I’ve bought. They are as good as any other $60 vulc shoe imo as long as you get suede. I also reinforced some spots with super glue and the shoes were good to me.
Here’s some pic of the Venice I bought.

Thanks. After checking the stuff out my size is kind of limited in what they have to offer. Might just grab a pair of slip ons to run around in but other than that no luck. Im good on flames and pictures of Jesus on my shoes.
Every time the McRib comes out I buy it. I don't even like the damn things.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2221 on: July 10, 2020, 10:42:10 AM »
Thinking about getting some ace polished to throw on this 8.6 B.A board. Going to use it as a cruiser type board but should I go with 44 or 55. Seems like 8.6 is in that weird middle zone of being too small or too long

Juanjo789

« Reply #2222 on: July 11, 2020, 09:20:34 AM »
Thinking about getting some ace polished to throw on this 8.6 B.A board. Going to use it as a cruiser type board but should I go with 44 or 55. Seems like 8.6 is in that weird middle zone of being too small or too long
Think if after this deck u would like to get a bigger or smaller board, I have 44s I wanna get 55s when theyre 8.75

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #2223 on: July 11, 2020, 06:57:07 PM »
DOA has a cool board based on the movie Clockers for sale. I want one.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2224 on: July 11, 2020, 08:48:18 PM »
massage gun. my boy let me use his $200 one and it was near orgasmic
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #2225 on: July 11, 2020, 10:11:10 PM »

You can get cheaper ones on Amazon but, damn they do come in handy lol
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Tweekyn

• Rep: 9
« Reply #2226 on: July 11, 2020, 10:22:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve been sitting on this same purchase for about a year and a half. My friend let me use his massage gun and it helped unbelievably even after one session. Now that you brought it up, I think I may finally make the purchase on a nice massage gun

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #2227 on: July 11, 2020, 11:00:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’ve been sitting on this same purchase for about a year and a half. My friend let me use his massage gun and it helped unbelievably even after one session. Now that you brought it up, I think I may finally make the purchase on a nice massage gun
Get one, just make sure it has a nice brushless motor and it doesn't really matter which one you get off Amazon.
They're mostly all sponsored ad's and the same product just re-branded, so I ended up getting mine for like 120 bucks and I love it.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2228 on: July 12, 2020, 06:52:53 AM »
straye is doing 50% off site wide.

Has anyone skated their stuff? What is sizing like? Is it even worth buying?
If you care about your feet stay away from that crap.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Tweekyn

• Rep: 9
« Reply #2229 on: July 12, 2020, 10:50:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Get one, just make sure it has a nice brushless motor and it doesn't really matter which one you get off Amazon.
They're mostly all sponsored ad's and the same product just re-branded, so I ended up getting mine for like 120 bucks and I love it.

Good to know! I usually get scared at all those sponsored ad products that all look the same on amazon but youre not the only one who told me they did this with a massage gun and it was fine.

slutonparade

• Rep: 26
« Reply #2230 on: July 13, 2020, 01:46:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Good to know! I usually get scared at all those sponsored ad products that all look the same on amazon but youre not the only one who told me they did this with a massage gun and it was fine.

I got mine for $100ish on Amazon too.  It's been great.  Definitely follow the advice on the motor.  But, other than that, take the plunge.  It's v nice

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #2231 on: July 13, 2020, 02:05:46 PM »
I kinda started missing skating Thunders, can anybody make me excuse to buy some 151s to wait until i'm over my current trucks?

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2232 on: July 15, 2020, 08:51:32 PM »
I kinda started missing skating Thunders, can anybody make me excuse to buy some 151s to wait until i'm over my current trucks?
i have two pairs i like them that much. indulge
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #2233 on: July 16, 2020, 03:36:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've always liked the bigger board vs smaller trucks.. It's the magic carpet ride!

And now what I am contemplating is buying new trucks.

I just finished grinding down to the axel of my 8" Indies and want to switch things up a bit. It takes a long time to go trough them and trends have changed. First I was planning on getting Aces 33's maybe? I've heard they are similar to the indies but I don't know. Now everybody is going for Venture which I have never had. When I was younger it's Indy or thunder but I want something else.

I mainly skate ledges, manuels and like to lines. I also need a solid turning like indies have. So which would you recommend Venture or Ace? Or are there other options check out, Film truck, Krux, Indy?
[close]

Always an advocate for Ventures, great pinch especially on 5.2 Lo. I don't think you will ever get the same turn as Indys on the stock bushing, but some of the guys on the Venture 2020 thread have swapped out their bushings for better results.
[close]

Indys do it all, pretty well. Real good all around.

I prefer venture for some things, and ace for others, over indy, but both are more extreme in their attributes, and as such possibly more limiting.

Didn’t you say you had a great set up with 33s? They look perfect, turn is the best (once you get used to it).

I’m on ventures pretty exclusively, and never wander that far from them.

My decision was made easy because the shop only had Aces.. They kinda feel weird for me. I've only skated them like 8 hours or so tho.. The trucks feel like a train on tracks when going straight which I don't really like. But I can see how nicely they can turn when I put a lot of pressure on either side, a small turning radius indeed. I also noticed that I have to have them as loose as possible, to the point of the kingpin nut  almost falling off. And yet they feel like that train.

How does Loose trucks Max do it?

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
« Reply #2234 on: July 20, 2020, 02:06:18 PM »
Expand Quote

Sort of sound like the perfect in-between of soft and hard wheels. Good for skating to spots or rough spots but you can still skate them regular. Also I haven't skate sml wheels before so I'm curious.

For perspective I have 54mm formula four conical fulls that are 99 duro on my regular set up and 54mm 87a plainjane oj keyframes on my cruiser. I like both but these seem like they're a perfect middle ground.

EDIT: I just found out these wheels initially came out almost a year ago so if I find a set I'm lucky.
[close]

I have a pair of the sml succulent dream 92a wheels in 54 mm. Still have the tread on them. For me, did not like the way they deadened my board. Also, F4s are almost as forgiving so I don’t see a scenario where I would use them again. If you want to try them let me know.

Just want to say really enjoyed my lunch session on the sml succulent dreams wheel. They can Be slid and are not too soft. I think I rode them on a 40 degree day because they felt very different today and apart from being slow from spot to spot they rode really nice and didn’t feel like cruiser wheels.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #2235 on: July 20, 2020, 02:28:31 PM »
was thinking about getting the adidas tyshawn, especially with the 25% off, but hesitated cause i already have shoes + a new pair of maranas and now none of the suede colorways have my size. :(

might have to get the leather ones for chillers but i never go out to do anything but skate no more

depends on what you looking for- if you want a stable cupsole shoe with a pretty nice flick, these might be your thing!

i like mine- very stable/ solid shoe from the heel all towards the toes, there a little more board feel, but not as soft as, let's say, the 3st.004s

i am like 4 sessions in on mine and they are a pretty good thing. no worries on having aches and pains after skating from them! i like a sturdy cupsole though

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2236 on: July 20, 2020, 05:36:20 PM »
Tempted to pandemic-panic purchase an FA board.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #2237 on: July 21, 2020, 01:38:55 AM »

I like the one I'm riding now a lot. If you haven't ridden one before, it's an interesting shape to try. Also, my hockey board is definitely the prettiest board I've owned, so if you wind up not needing it, they're great wall hangers. Just give in to your lizard brain.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2238 on: July 21, 2020, 07:22:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I like the one I'm riding now a lot. If you haven't ridden one before, it's an interesting shape to try. Also, my hockey board is definitely the prettiest board I've owned, so if you wind up not needing it, they're great wall hangers. Just give in to your lizard brain.

I did, I’ve been wanting to skate an 8.38 but, wanted something with a smaller wheel base for my short legs. I had a hand me down Hockey they felt weirdly short and long at the same time.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #2239 on: July 21, 2020, 10:28:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've always liked the bigger board vs smaller trucks.. It's the magic carpet ride!

And now what I am contemplating is buying new trucks.

I just finished grinding down to the axel of my 8" Indies and want to switch things up a bit. It takes a long time to go trough them and trends have changed. First I was planning on getting Aces 33's maybe? I've heard they are similar to the indies but I don't know. Now everybody is going for Venture which I have never had. When I was younger it's Indy or thunder but I want something else.

I mainly skate ledges, manuels and like to lines. I also need a solid turning like indies have. So which would you recommend Venture or Ace? Or are there other options check out, Film truck, Krux, Indy?
[close]

Always an advocate for Ventures, great pinch especially on 5.2 Lo. I don't think you will ever get the same turn as Indys on the stock bushing, but some of the guys on the Venture 2020 thread have swapped out their bushings for better results.
[close]

Indys do it all, pretty well. Real good all around.

I prefer venture for some things, and ace for others, over indy, but both are more extreme in their attributes, and as such possibly more limiting.

Didn’t you say you had a great set up with 33s? They look perfect, turn is the best (once you get used to it).

I’m on ventures pretty exclusively, and never wander that far from them.
[close]

My decision was made easy because the shop only had Aces.. They kinda feel weird for me. I've only skated them like 8 hours or so tho.. The trucks feel like a train on tracks when going straight which I don't really like. But I can see how nicely they can turn when I put a lot of pressure on either side, a small turning radius indeed. I also noticed that I have to have them as loose as possible, to the point of the kingpin nut  almost falling off. And yet they feel like that train.

How does Loose trucks Max do it?
The magic of Ace is not revealed quickly, so non-believers are deterred...
Anyway, my 44's were the tightest and weirdest trucks ever and I hated them for over a week, then they broke in and unleashed their greatness. I've rode friends Indy's, Thunders, and Ventures since and they all seem like their trucks are much looser but turn half as good. So basically, once they're broken in, you can make them as stable as you want but still have a deep surfy turn. I feel like you get more turn out of less degree of tilt if that makes sense compared to other trucks.
I'm sure once they're broken in you can go wobbly, mine are 5 full rotations tight from falling off, so I could definitely go looser.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2240 on: July 21, 2020, 10:55:35 AM »

LENGTH 31.83 in
WIDTH 8.375 in
WHEEL BASE 14.25 in
NOSE LENGTH 6.90 in
TAIL LENGTH 6.48 in

I've too much shit on hand, just no 8.3 that is short and/or with a small WB AND a short nose/tail.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 11:16:20 AM by Xen »

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2241 on: July 21, 2020, 01:46:38 PM »
oj keyframes 52mm for $25
sounds like a good deal but im on the fence

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #2242 on: July 21, 2020, 01:54:08 PM »
As soon as I see some 51mm 99a Tablets on the market I am scooping. Need a new 8.5, too.

Junglist

« Reply #2243 on: July 21, 2020, 02:38:18 PM »
Got a pair of Infrared project ba’s in the mail, now I think I need to really buy every colorway I find in my size. Best shoe ever.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2244 on: July 21, 2020, 02:53:59 PM »
As soon as I see some 51mm 99a Tablets on the market I am scooping. Need a new 8.5, too.

Been lurking hard for those tabs in 99a myself.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #2245 on: July 21, 2020, 02:57:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Been lurking hard for those tabs in 99a myself.

been rocking em for two months or so .. really love them.

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #2246 on: July 21, 2020, 07:07:35 PM »
I’m on a set of the 51mm tabs now for my 8.25 and love them. I figure by the time they come back around, I will actually need them.
For the dude and the $25 52mm keyframes...I have a set and at first I didnt know how I felt about them but got used to them and really like them for skating around the local school yard hitting parking blocks and curbs. Rocks and shitty asphaly aren’t an issue. They live on my 8.5.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2247 on: July 21, 2020, 08:03:49 PM »
I’m on a set of the 51mm tabs now for my 8.25 and love them. I figure by the time they come back around, I will actually need them.
For the dude and the $25 52mm keyframes...I have a set and at first I didnt know how I felt about them but got used to them and really like them for skating around the local school yard hitting parking blocks and curbs. Rocks and shitty asphaly aren’t an issue. They live on my 8.5.
can you ride them as your main wheel or can they not fit the job?

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
« Reply #2248 on: July 22, 2020, 01:14:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Sort of sound like the perfect in-between of soft and hard wheels. Good for skating to spots or rough spots but you can still skate them regular. Also I haven't skate sml wheels before so I'm curious.

For perspective I have 54mm formula four conical fulls that are 99 duro on my regular set up and 54mm 87a plainjane oj keyframes on my cruiser. I like both but these seem like they're a perfect middle ground.

EDIT: I just found out these wheels initially came out almost a year ago so if I find a set I'm lucky.
[close]

I have a pair of the sml succulent dream 92a wheels in 54 mm. Still have the tread on them. For me, did not like the way they deadened my board. Also, F4s are almost as forgiving so I don’t see a scenario where I would use them again. If you want to try them let me know.
[close]

Just want to say really enjoyed my lunch session on the sml succulent dreams wheel. They can Be slid and are not too soft. I think I rode them on a 40 degree day because they felt very different today and apart from being slow from spot to spot they rode really nice and didn’t feel like cruiser wheels.

Hey man, I'm just seeing this and seeing your offer from earlier if I wanted to try them. I just wanted to say I really appreciate the offer. This sounds like a great review. If I see a 98a SML wheel at shop, I'll be sure to pick it up because I do want to try them. Thanks again. I'm looking for that softer wheel that still slides alittle better for ledge tricks and this sounds pretty nice.

zapooz.2

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2249 on: July 22, 2020, 03:30:09 AM »
What are your opinions on polar p9 board shape? (and overall polar board quality)