Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324658 times)

brownbeyg and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

formula420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #2670 on: December 24, 2020, 11:25:04 PM »
As kooky as it is, I’m tempted to pick up Krux K5 or the Tensor ATG trucks.

Atg is worth a try

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2671 on: December 24, 2020, 11:39:19 PM »
Love seat shape from crail. Almost got it but got some bbs/generator for the same price instead. Still want it tho. Tell me how to live my life.
recent crail wood is hardly bad, sub 14” w/b sounds more cramped than it actually is
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 07:14:57 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2672 on: December 25, 2020, 02:29:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Atg is worth a try
ATG are awesome
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2673 on: December 27, 2020, 02:03:16 AM »
...and now that Kalis AWS/DGK throwback deck. Kalis is dope.

Truth, I'm thinking of getting 1 to ride and the other to collect.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #2674 on: December 27, 2020, 06:28:01 AM »
It’s on the way and I can’t wait to set it up! They are selling fast everywhere I’ve seen them.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #2675 on: December 31, 2020, 05:24:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Atg is worth a try
[close]
ATG are awesome

ATG +1

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2676 on: December 31, 2020, 05:26:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Atg is worth a try
[close]
ATG are awesome
[close]

ATG +2

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2677 on: December 31, 2020, 05:41:42 PM »
i wanna buy and 8.0-8.25 deck for my girlfriend to cruise on, but like shit a grip+deck is like $60

i have a set of old hollow indy 8 inch trucks (the wes kremer ones with blunts on them because i am a very mature boy) with some ~48mm oj insaneathane wheels i want to use for her setup. Maybe I should get softer wheels but i remember the axle bolts being really difficult to get on so i might just say fuckit and leave them on. I don't think she'll actually skate like street street much theres a basketball court at her university that some skaters congregate at and it's really really smooth so she could just skate there.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #2678 on: December 31, 2020, 06:19:28 PM »
i wanna buy and 8.0-8.25 deck for my girlfriend to cruise on, but like shit a grip+deck is like $60

i have a set of old hollow indy 8 inch trucks (the wes kremer ones with blunts on them because i am a very mature boy) with some ~48mm oj insaneathane wheels i want to use for her setup. Maybe I should get softer wheels but i remember the axle bolts being really difficult to get on so i might just say fuckit and leave them on. I don't think she'll actually skate like street street much theres a basketball court at her university that some skaters congregate at and it's really really smooth so she could just skate there.

Why don’t you get a shop deck? They’re generally more accessible.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #2679 on: December 31, 2020, 08:41:47 PM »
Wanted an Element flat grind rail but they are all sold out. Anyone know of anything similar?
The chillest1

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2680 on: January 01, 2021, 09:32:57 AM »
Any words regarding Real "renewal" boards?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2681 on: January 01, 2021, 02:57:30 PM »
I'm waiting to send it on a 8.5 quasi until their next deck release, which i'm hoping is soon. sizing up from an 8.25 and I want to feel a difference so i'm skipping 8.375 as i've gotten the vibe that quasi runs short.

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
« Reply #2682 on: January 01, 2021, 03:25:50 PM »
I’ve been on the same shape like 15 times in a row. Think it’s time to switch it up. Was thinking of trying a girl board. (8x32) Haven’t rode one since 1998. Anyone riding one that could give some feedback?

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2683 on: January 01, 2021, 04:11:48 PM »
I’ve been on the same shape like 15 times in a row. Think it’s time to switch it up. Was thinking of trying a girl board. (8x32) Haven’t rode one since 1998. Anyone riding one that could give some feedback?
for starters I would fully inspect the crail board because the Kenny Anderson I purchased earlier this year was a warped piece of shit upon arrival. Other than that they feel very pointy and dainty compared to the quasi’s and hockey’s I skate. Probably won’t ever buy one again personally after that experience. I do however return to lakai cupsoles often that catch my attention 8)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #2684 on: January 01, 2021, 06:00:29 PM »

Which board you been on?
For me crail shapes are great, for several reasons, but mainly because they are shorter. 8x32 isn’t short tho. I like that Craig still has some shapes that have pointy tails, short and flat shapes....they have a fairly cool shape guide on their site, I found it helpful.

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
« Reply #2685 on: January 01, 2021, 08:53:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Which board you been on?
For me crail shapes are great, for several reasons, but mainly because they are shorter. 8x32 isn’t short tho. I like that Craig still has some shapes that have pointy tails, short and flat shapes....they have a fairly cool shape guide on their site, I found it helpful.
Been on this Magenta

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #2686 on: January 02, 2021, 01:41:09 AM »

For me the answer is an all round YES, but it depends how you skate.

If you break boards fairly easily, then I would probably not recommend them, but if you don't usually break boards and want the cheaper option for DLX wood, I would say they are worth the price point.  A couple of recent ones pre covid were a bit funny, like they were a flatter / different mold and didn't feel like normal DLX boards, but a couple I had before that and others have seen since seem almost identical in concave and feel to the normal pro DLX boards.  One broke in the first session for a guy I had said NOT to buy but didn't listen, whereas others are still going strong from the same delivery.

I still have some of the 8.25 and 8.5 sizes in the various price points in all three brands and they skate fine for me / no worries at all with them.  They are the Real, Krooked and Antihero price points, but Real is the only one to have the "renewal" info on the boards. Pretty stoked they now also have them in the 8.38 size too. 

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2687 on: January 02, 2021, 10:46:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For me the answer is an all round YES, but it depends how you skate.

If you break boards fairly easily, then I would probably not recommend them, but if you don't usually break boards and want the cheaper option for DLX wood, I would say they are worth the price point.  A couple of recent ones pre covid were a bit funny, like they were a flatter / different mold and didn't feel like normal DLX boards, but a couple I had before that and others have seen since seem almost identical in concave and feel to the normal pro DLX boards.  One broke in the first session for a guy I had said NOT to buy but didn't listen, whereas others are still going strong from the same delivery.

I still have some of the 8.25 and 8.5 sizes in the various price points in all three brands and they skate fine for me / no worries at all with them.  They are the Real, Krooked and Antihero price points, but Real is the only one to have the "renewal" info on the boards. Pretty stoked they now also have them in the 8.38 size too.
Thanks for the detailed info, at the end I was able to find better options. I got a primitive and toy machine board. Pretty stoked on the toy since is the classic monster one thar I've  always wanted.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 05:26:00 PM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #2688 on: January 02, 2021, 05:13:12 PM »
Do we think Bobby Puelo will send Traffic a cease and desist letter? Mark Wetzel designed it according to the TOA site.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2689 on: January 02, 2021, 06:11:37 PM »

Thanks for the detailed info, at the end I was able to find better options. I got a primitive and toy machine board. Pretty stoked on the toy since is the classic monster one that I've  always wanted.

Easy!

Re Toy Machine - hopefully it was PS Stix or that other good one - Prime or Watson (I always forget) because the other interim supplier wood seemed pretty terrible, unless of course it is for the wall, in which case what wood it is on doesn't matter in the least.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2690 on: January 03, 2021, 07:44:28 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks for the detailed info, at the end I was able to find better options. I got a primitive and toy machine board. Pretty stoked on the toy since is the classic monster one that I've  always wanted.
[close]

Easy!

Re Toy Machine - hopefully it was PS Stix or that other good one - Prime or Watson (I always forget) because the other interim supplier wood seemed pretty terrible, unless of course it is for the wall, in which case what wood it is on doesn't matter in the least.
I have the lowest spectations ever regarding the Toy Machine. Damn nostalgia.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

daditude adjustment

• Rep: 21
« Reply #2691 on: January 03, 2021, 04:54:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hey y'all! I could use the input of some skate nerds out there. One of my favorite decks I have ever skated is a 9' Toy Machine with a 15.5' wheel base. The only problem I had with it is the nose was not big enough to do nollie off of. I've been looking for the same feel since, and not a lot of companies have that long ass wheel base, but being a large ogre of a human it really works for me.
Hosoi makes a board that has the same specs, but the nose looks a little bigger. Anyone here skate the El Gato boards and able to nollie on it? I'm also kinda meh on a Hosoi board, but I think shape might be more important than graphics or cool guy factor at this point.

Am I chasing some kind of dream that will never come true and I should just skate whatever I can instead of looking for weird shapes? Oh well, thanks everyone!
[close]
Is that a cruiser? Can you still find it out in the wild? That sounds like perfect specs for me. I am also an ogre.

#dreamchasin
[close]

Black Label boards have long wheelbases in bigger deck sizes, shaped but functional, on BBS wood, so feel good, not out of proportion.  Most of the Lucero decks in particular and I know a few people who have rounded the corners to make them more functional for popsicle riders too, so that is another option:

SPECS
SIZE   9.25
WIDTH (IN):   9.25
LENGTH (IN):   33.25
WHEELBASE (IN):   15.5
NOSE (IN):   6.625
TAIL (IN):   6.75
CONCAVE (IN):   .5

https://blacklabelskates.bigcartel.com/product/lucero-m-i-a-9-25-x-32-125-blue-stain-bottom

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIZFloHJZs1/

Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered one, I'll let y'all know how it works out.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2692 on: January 03, 2021, 05:49:49 PM »
Finding stuff in my country is starting to be a challenge.
I've searched everywhere for Indy 149 and I have 3 options: mids (ew), Lizzie's smurf pro model (double ew) and Titanium's (triple "ew" just because of the price).
Is it worth to invest that much on Titanium?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2693 on: January 04, 2021, 03:37:00 AM »
I've searched everywhere for Indy 149 and I have 3 options: mids (ew), Lizzie's smurf pro model (double ew) and Titanium's (triple "ew" just because of the price).

Might be cheaper in the long run (on your mental health too) if you can get some decent plain looking trucks, even if they cost more for the Ti rather than standards, cause I sure don't want to be riding mids or coloured trucks any time soon.

Titanium do have the added bonus of being lighter and a bit lower in the baseplate, if that is of more interest, otherwise you could always just use your old standard baseplates and put the new hangers on those to accommodate 56mm wheels.

With Indy, if they are not down to the axle and almost in two pieces, they are still good!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2694 on: January 04, 2021, 05:04:58 AM »
Anyone tried the passport space shape?
Found one but all the dimensions I find online aren’t consistent with the wheelbase, I’ve seen 14.25, 14.375 and 14.5...

https://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/skateboards-c7/skateboard-decks-c23/inlay-spade-shape-skateboard-deck-8-875-p51178

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #2695 on: January 04, 2021, 07:31:08 AM »
Ti149s are my favorite. They're big enough to benefit from the TiAxles over standard.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #2696 on: January 04, 2021, 08:00:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Ti149s are my favorite. They're big enough to benefit from the TiAxles over standard.

I’ve not had the ti indys. Felt up the homies boards with em tho, and my main takeaway was that on bigger than I’d normally ride setups, ti was useful. Same with forged hollows.
For my non fuck around/familiar sized setups (8” trucks), I prefer regular cast. It’s some weird ‘feel’ thing, but I notice both with grinds and pop.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2697 on: January 04, 2021, 10:43:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Might be cheaper in the long run (on your mental health too) if you can get some decent plain looking trucks, even if they cost more for the Ti rather than standards, cause I sure don't want to be riding mids or coloured trucks any time soon.

100%
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #2698 on: January 04, 2021, 10:48:33 AM »
Waiting for the Lakai Telfords to be released.

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #2699 on: January 04, 2021, 02:40:20 PM »
I'm skating a chocolate right now and I like it. It's a Kenny Anderson 8.25×31.75×14 and it works good with ventures. It also has a pretty decent full nose and tapers to 8.1 in the back.