Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328547 times)

Boog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 196
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #3330 on: February 10, 2022, 07:03:59 PM »
My last 4-5 decks have been Blood Wizard 8.38, been thinking about sizing up to 8.5 deck and trucks, I was thinking Quasi/Alien/Welcome/WKND. I like flatter boards, worried this might be a mistake. I'm just kinda bored though and want to try something new
Quasi 8.5 proto is one of my favorite shapes. I've been skating 8 25 as if late tho. I have an 8.25 quasi and an 8.25 wknd on ice after I finish skating this Real full se. I love dlx wood but I like the ps stix shapes better.

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3331 on: February 10, 2022, 07:35:44 PM »
My last 4-5 decks have been Blood Wizard 8.38, been thinking about sizing up to 8.5 deck and trucks, I was thinking Quasi/Alien/Welcome/WKND. I like flatter boards, worried this might be a mistake. I'm just kinda bored though and want to try something new
madness make some super flat boards, my nohubo remedio 8.5 was the flattest i've ever skated.
good wood as well, never chipped until i was skating big gaps and it never snapped.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

danmasontree

• Rep: 10
« Reply #3332 on: February 10, 2022, 09:54:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have had a few Blood Wizard 8.375 x 31.75 x 14.25wb boards lately. Good boards!

Exactly what I’m currently skating

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #3333 on: February 12, 2022, 08:45:07 PM »

https://www.fancyladskateboards.com/collections/stuff/products/milksnake-pro-model-9-75-shaped
Love the shape of this Justis pro model. Actual nose and big ol' tail. I was looking at that heated wheel 9.6 but it's like 15.25 wheelbase and also it'd just be really cool to ride justis's board
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3334 on: February 13, 2022, 02:20:00 AM »

https://www.fancyladskateboards.com/collections/stuff/products/milksnake-pro-model-9-75-shaped
Love the shape of this Justis pro model. Actual nose and big ol' tail. I was looking at that heated wheel 9.6 but it's like 15.25 wheelbase and also it'd just be really cool to ride justis's board

If you do get it, I would like to hear how it skates.

From the WBSWB to the 9+ thread, my curiosity always gets the better of me.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #3335 on: February 27, 2022, 10:41:42 PM »
finger on the trigger with the loveseat
couch was too boaty for my tastes, 9" w/ taper should work
my current pennswood is @13.9wb, sticks to my feet
13.875 is virtually the same deal

any pals to push it over the line?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #3336 on: February 28, 2022, 03:19:25 AM »

From the setup thread, maybe @Nth syd bear can help...

Love seat
Indy 149 forged hollow
Spitfire f4 50mm classics
Sunday grip, hardware,
Andale swiss bearings

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #3337 on: February 28, 2022, 09:42:03 AM »

Definitely recommend. Surprisingly nimble shape but still feels balance with lots of room for your feet. I run mine on 5.8 v hollows and it feels amazing.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 02:16:18 PM by hobochimp »

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #3338 on: February 28, 2022, 09:45:41 AM »

I set that up on Sunday and due to rain and more rain I have only stood on it so far

@off just looking at it now
 I'm pretty stoked
but that's all I got

If you just want a yes man.. than it's a "yes" man

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #3339 on: February 28, 2022, 10:23:51 AM »
Been going back and forth about purchasing Indy 149 Ti's. My truck madness never ends, gave away 10+ pairs last year to kids at the park. Still have a shitload of medical debt, so I really shouldn't be buying trucks I don't need. But...
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3340 on: February 28, 2022, 10:32:15 AM »
Medical debt is the most American thing there is don’t get rid of that.

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3341 on: February 28, 2022, 10:42:14 AM »

Haha, totally. I was so pissed when I got the hospital bill. The total was $600 after insurance, I was in triage for 5 mins getting EpiPen-ed and injectable Benadryl. They also charged me for a doctor who wasn't employed by the hospital. Felt like they were double-dropping the bill, but evidently that's normal these days? That bill was on top of the $3000 knee surgery a couple of months ago, and a bunch of other medical bills.

Sorry for the off-subject rant, feels good to vent though.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3342 on: February 28, 2022, 11:55:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Haha, totally. I was so pissed when I got the hospital bill. The total was $600 after insurance, I was in triage for 5 mins getting EpiPen-ed and injectable Benadryl. They also charged me for a doctor who wasn't employed by the hospital. Felt like they were double-dropping the bill, but evidently that's normal these days? That bill was on top of the $3000 knee surgery a couple of months ago, and a bunch of other medical bills.

Although it was covered by insurance, the bill for our childbirth was almost comical. The drugs alone were $15k. "Room and board" was $10/day. They gave us a bunch of sub-par things like blankets that we had to take home because of COVID and one blanket was billed as $300. It's like 3'x3'.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3343 on: February 28, 2022, 11:59:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Although it was covered by insurance, the bill for our childbirth was almost comical. The drugs alone were $15k. "Room and board" was $10/day. They gave us a bunch of sub-par things like blankets that we had to take home because of COVID and one blanket was billed as $300. It's like 3'x3'.

thats so fucked. avoid hospitals at all costs, except death and birth I guess.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #3344 on: February 28, 2022, 12:13:02 PM »
Been going back and forth about purchasing Indy 149 Ti's. My truck madness never ends, gave away 10+ pairs last year to kids at the park. Still have a shitload of medical debt, so I really shouldn't be buying trucks I don't need. But...

Debt is harsh. Medical debt is infuriating.
I’m a fairly big indy hater, and yet…I find myself wanting some ti 149s as well. (No one) why would I like ti indy 149s? I skate Ventures the most, mainly because I really like them. Love the pop. Also I’ve skated them the most, so they feel the most comfortable. Unfortunately the Ventures I’m taking about are 5.0/5.25 lo’s. Where this gets all jacked up for is that it’s really hard to roll down the road with wheels that fit under lo trucks. When I size up ventures, I like them less, as I end up having a really hard time flinging them around. Although 98% of my skating is flatground, I would like to be able to skate for distance, and not only in smooth ish parking lots. Blah blah blah, I do a bunch of mental gymnastics, and arrive at ti 149s.
Oddly, I’ve had 149s, stage 9/10s, and then hollows right when they came out on stage 11. And I’ve never really liked them. Shit makes zero sense to me. I liked 139s, I like 159s (aside from the fact that I cannot do any rotational flip trick), just never liked the feel on 149s. It’s odd that I want the unobtainium version of a truck I have yet to like. But there it is.

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
« Reply #3345 on: February 28, 2022, 03:04:12 PM »
Right now it's a toss up between a chocolate skidul deck or a polar P2, knowing I need neither nor do I have the money for them.
This seems to be the constant problem of the gear madness.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #3346 on: February 28, 2022, 04:10:09 PM »
Really considering these cons. I have not worn a pair of converse in years but these with navy laces look too good. Just can justify the purchase as I have way way too many shoes.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #3347 on: February 28, 2022, 05:28:19 PM »
Im tempted to order a pair of the Tensor mag lights. Are they worth trying them out. Currently skating a pair of Venture hollow lights and wonder if they are similar or different.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3348 on: February 28, 2022, 06:21:51 PM »
Im tempted to order a pair of the Tensor mag lights. Are they worth trying them out. Currently skating a pair of Venture hollow lights and wonder if they are similar or different.

Their lightness puts them in a league of their own, I pop down really hard for my tricks and struggled to get any control on them due to the lack of counter weight from the truck. You'll have to adapt your skating to be light footed IMO.

Rode a pair, gave it up after 1 deck, but they have their fans.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 06:36:40 PM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #3349 on: February 28, 2022, 06:24:17 PM »
getting too pissed off at my venture 5.2L not turning, considering getting thunder 147s. When it feels good it feels good but god when im running off the board every time I try to pull a u turn it feels like its not worth it.

My most skated truck is thunder 149, axled 2 sets, but I want to skate smaller board/trucks. This was my third pair of ventures. I had 5.6, 5.0, and now 5.2L. I probably skated the 5.6 the most and they felt the most palletable to me but the 5.0 I literally skated one session and had to take them off because I was going into primo just trying to fucking turn around lol. I just have too many sets of trucks now to really justify getting another.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #3350 on: February 28, 2022, 06:41:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Their lightness puts them in a league of their own, I pop down really hard for my tricks and struggled to get any control on them due to the lack of counter weight from the truck. You'll have to adapt your skating to me light footed IMO.

I like 5.75 (8.5 axle) with bones no washers i got use to them pretty quick.
Skated the smaller ones didn't like as much

I didn't like the interlocking bushings much .   
 They have a strange hollow feeling at first unlike any other truck I've skated
They wear down fast

The grind is ridiculous on concrete its a cheat for sure and i like it
The weight for large-ish trucks is pretty nice to throw around 8.5+ with ease is fun to me

That said I've gone back to indys and ordered a set of 149 forged titanium today

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3351 on: February 28, 2022, 06:50:40 PM »
getting too pissed off at my venture 5.2L not turning, considering getting thunder 147s. When it feels good it feels good but god when im running off the board every time I try to pull a u turn it feels like its not worth it.

My most skated truck is thunder 149, axled 2 sets, but I want to skate smaller board/trucks. This was my third pair of ventures. I had 5.6, 5.0, and now 5.2L. I probably skated the 5.6 the most and they felt the most palletable to me but the 5.0 I literally skated one session and had to take them off because I was going into primo just trying to fucking turn around lol. I just have too many sets of trucks now to really justify getting another.

I skate 5.0 (and 5.25) lo’s. I have no idea what you are talking about. Or, more accurately, I do not believe you.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3352 on: February 28, 2022, 07:34:29 PM »
contemplating getting these Blind football shaped decks

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3353 on: February 28, 2022, 07:49:08 PM »

As others said, they grind really nicely. Unfortunately, the axles bend easily, I went through three pairs of 149's last year. They're not "30% lighter than all other trucks" as Tensor claims. The baseplates are no longer magnesium like they were in 2020. At 149 the Tensor ATGs weighed ~15 grams less than my Thunder Ti's. The ATGs are the best feeling truck I've ridden, it's Achilles' heel though is the fucking axles bending... Don't expect to receive a replacement pair of trucks, despite Tensor's "Guaranteed for Life" promise cast into the baseplate.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3354 on: February 28, 2022, 08:59:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I skate 5.0 (and 5.25) lo’s. I have no idea what you are talking about. Or, more accurately, I do not believe you.

I recall the Lo's not having as good a turn, I'd stick Bones bushing in there to solve the turn.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

The_9

• Rep: 22
« Reply #3355 on: March 01, 2022, 02:53:40 AM »
Lots of shit I just don’t need, Magenta 8.25, some loophole’s and my old man feet really need some cups so looking to try some NB’s. Definitely don’t need the board or wheels as I’ve got a few on ice. Still recovering from having Covid in October, haven’t skated since September. Hard to stop buying gear though.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #3356 on: March 01, 2022, 06:52:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I recall the Lo's not having as good a turn, I'd stick Bones bushing in there to solve the turn.

Honestly don’t even need the bushings , just that flat washer makes such a difference

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3357 on: March 01, 2022, 08:40:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Honestly don’t even need the bushings , just that flat washer makes such a difference

Imo the lo’s turn fine. With stock bushings, and flat washer. They need to be adjusted to be looser, and broken in. Bones bushing also work well, especially with the flat washer. Stock bushing and the flat washer work well. With a flat washer, for me, I found the turn was primarily limited by the size of the wheel. Which makes sense, lo’s have less space between the truck and the wheel. Small wheels, let’s say less than 50, and lo’s set up with a flat washer turn a significant amount. Going to primo trying to turn, no. Quit cranking your trucks down hella tight and then complaining about it.
If you are out there trying to slalom or some shit, get the t-109s/00s/11s.

Now that I have gruffly implied that I think you are an idiot, peepeeboy69, yeah, 147s might work for you. They are not that much higher than venture lo’s. Some pro’s made that switch from venture lo’s to thunder 147s (wade, Lorenzo, hart etc).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 08:53:04 AM by Ok »

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #3358 on: March 02, 2022, 11:04:59 AM »
thanks to the yes men
will try to snag one on sale
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3359 on: March 03, 2022, 07:40:54 AM »
Too much stuff:

The new Carl Aikens shape.
The crail 8.37 with the tiny tail.
Titanium Ventures/and or Indy’s to match the board.

PS stix 8.5x14.25x32+
Big, big wheels (for a whole completely different setup idea).

More NB 1010s. I’m pretty these keep me skating for longer. They don’t look great with regular sized pants tho.

AVE pros. Or some classic vans or LRAB’s. Look better with regular sized pants.