Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328633 times)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #3360 on: March 06, 2022, 04:09:17 AM »
move insoles gameday pro insoles, founded by dame lillard
these are designed for basketball but should work for skating
my gamechangers are near dead and were underwhelming
gonna pull the trigger next week but heres some product info

"game day pro will adapt to your shoe, foot, and playing style. it gives you a firm and bouncy foundation for take off with a cushioned and comfortable landing.....move insoles brings you the same superior comfort, injury and fatigue prevention, optimal alignment, and performance advantages once only reserved for the pros. the move platform is the result of over ten years of research and the work of dozens of experts."

inside the move platform:
pro base
built from a carbon-like composite for solid, strong, adaptive movements.

dual-foam system
pulsion energyfoam® for max energy return and shockfree® foam for a custom feel, and impact absorption.

insite patented shape
patented shape gives custom-like benefits for 85% of wearers.

x-frame torsional support
responsive composite heel and midfoot support for tuned stability and superior surface adaptability.

active heel technology
reduces peak pressure where needed most.

forefoot grip
stabilizes and enhances playing surface feel.

low friction top cloth
optimized to reduce hot spots and slippage.

odor control
helps eliminate odor-causing bacteria and germs.

of course this could all be a joke
the trademarks and patents make me think otherwise
players who back it (dame, cp3, etc) boost it too
nothing but glowing reviews online
just gotta shoot and hope i didnt burn $60 like the footprints
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

JugeL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3361 on: March 06, 2022, 05:40:28 AM »

"game day pro will adapt to your shoe, foot, and playing style. it gives you a firm and bouncy foundation for take off with a cushioned and comfortable landing.....move insoles brings you the same superior comfort, injury and fatigue prevention, optimal alignment, and performance advantages once only reserved for the pros. the move platform is the result of over ten years of research and the work of dozens of experts."

pro base

dual-foam system
pulsion energyfoam® for max energy return and shockfree® foam for a custom feel, and impact absorption.

insite patented shape

responsive composite heel and midfoot support for tuned stability and superior surface adaptability.

active heel technology

forefoot grip

low friction top cloth

odor control

U ever tried Kingfoam elites? Been skating them for few years now and it makes even the most shittiest vulc shoes skateable for me

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3362 on: March 06, 2022, 05:51:20 AM »
Thinking about a Passport 8.8 but it’s hard to come by many dimensions or good pics.
spade shape?

Very similar dimensions to polar surf jr.
I posted another pic of the top of it too
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 06:01:12 AM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3363 on: March 06, 2022, 11:28:58 AM »
Expand Quote

pro base

dual-foam system

insite patented shape

active heel technology

forefoot grip

low friction top cloth

odor control

[close]
U ever tried Kingfoam elites? Been skating them for few years now and it makes even the most shittiest vulc shoes skateable for me
nope, just the gamechangers and i only skate cupsoles
are the kingfoams the better insole between the two?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3364 on: March 06, 2022, 11:56:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

pro base

dual-foam system

insite patented shape

active heel technology

forefoot grip

low friction top cloth

odor control

[close]
[close]
I think the kingfoams elites are purely for taking impact and gamechangers are the orthoric insoles. I have medium/high arch so my foot needs more impact protection since the weight comes down to smaller area. Heel is 10mm and toe is 5mm but i have also skated the 7mm flat insoles and they feel as good atleast for me.

I would say with kingfoams and supportive cupsole shoe i would be confident to stomp down a nail with my feet.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 12:05:54 PM by JugeL »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3365 on: March 06, 2022, 12:15:35 PM »
Footprint insoles are literally the biggest fucking joke. I have tried both types and they are absolute trash orthotics that provide almost no support. The arch support is too soft and thin and the heel doesn't actually lock in especially under compression.

I have SOL Mediums from Amazon and have been using them for years in normal shoes and cycling shoes. Going to try them in some Jordans and see if the heel has enough give.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3366 on: March 06, 2022, 12:23:19 PM »
Footprint insoles are literally the biggest fucking joke. I have tried both types and they are absolute trash orthotics that provide almost no support. The arch support is too soft and thin and the heel doesn't actually lock in especially under compression.

I have SOL Mediums from Amazon and have been using them for years in normal shoes and cycling shoes. Going to try them in some Jordans and see if the heel has enough give.
Curious about what you didn't like about Elites. Literally made me go from skating only cupsoles and having pretty bad plantar fasciitis to now skating Last resorts and not feeling sore next day.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #3367 on: March 06, 2022, 12:26:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

pro base

dual-foam system

insite patented shape

active heel technology

forefoot grip

low friction top cloth

odor control

[close]
[close]
[close]
I think the kingfoams elites are purely for taking impact and gamechangers are the orthoric insoles. I have medium/high arch so my foot needs more impact protection since the weight comes down to smaller area. Heel is 10mm and toe is 5mm but i have also skated the 7mm flat insoles and they feel as good atleast for me.

I would say with kingfoams and supportive cupsole shoe i would be confident to stomp down a nail with my feet.
kingfoam elites look really good as a heavy guy who pops high
might have to try them down the line

funnily(?) enough, i see move insoles on instagram today
my lil brothers ball team is sponsored by the company
he got a free pair of the base model gamedays
will be getting his review
these are some next level ads
throwing my phone off the k bridge

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #3368 on: March 06, 2022, 05:49:25 PM »

I assume Jordan 1s? A very good skate shoe. A lot of Jordan’s are fun to skate.
I haven’t tried SOL. My feet hurt real bad. I need to lose as much weight as possible, but being old kinda means bad feet.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3369 on: March 06, 2022, 06:25:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Curious about what you didn't like about Elites. Literally made me go from skating only cupsoles and having pretty bad plantar fasciitis to now skating Last resorts and not feeling sore next day.

I might be mixing up the names but the Gamechangers didn’t really vibe with me as most heat moldable consumer foam insoles don’t. The proprietary foam is too soft to support the arch or midfoot and over time they just kinda sog a bit. The heel area doesn’t actually support and cup the heel or lift the rear of the arch.

The Kingfoam I had just felt like slightly harder stock insoles with more in the heel and arch, but again not a supportive arch. Just made my arches more sore.

ToshiroTownune

• Rep: 70
« Reply #3370 on: March 07, 2022, 07:31:58 AM »
This tactics 9.125 x 31.5 x 14.375wb is bbs wood and with that shape and dimensions I’m having a hard time not pulling the trigger. Just wish they had a better logo/name, but might sand it off.

https://www.tactics.com/tactics/tko-9125-skateboard-deck/teal

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #3371 on: March 07, 2022, 07:22:33 PM »
This tactics 9.125 x 31.5 x 14.375wb is bbs wood and with that shape and dimensions I’m having a hard time not pulling the trigger. Just wish they had a better logo/name, but might sand it off.

https://www.tactics.com/tactics/tko-9125-skateboard-deck/teal

For a good wood / shape and decent price, that graphic looks like it is perfect to either scrape off, or add your own something over the middle area.

Not too long ago I worked out that a razor blade is really good for scraping off graphics, more so than sanding them off, so even just the side word to scrape off, or the whole middle of the graphic square and away you go.

That teal colour does look nice too!

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #3372 on: March 07, 2022, 11:19:18 PM »
You could always slap a rail over "Tactics" and call it a day. Or even sticker it up. Easy fix for good wood on good shapes
Super Champion Fun Zone

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #3373 on: April 07, 2022, 12:30:20 PM »

I want to try the Enenra shape, but would rather get a DLX or Polar deck, if there's anything similar.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #3374 on: April 07, 2022, 06:47:18 PM »

I want to try the Enenra shape, but would rather get a DLX or Polar deck, if there's anything similar.

Are you after something that is more just a popsicle in about 8.5 size, or a shaped board?

This one has a blunt / shovel nose, but the dimensions are much the same as a lot of BBS woodshop boards, as well as quite a few other woodshops too. 

Width - 8.5"
Length - 32.38"
Wheelbase - 14.38"

The top view often shows a better pic of shapes too, like this:

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #3375 on: April 07, 2022, 07:32:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Are you after something that is more just a popsicle in about 8.5 size, or a shaped board?

This one has a blunt / shovel nose, but the dimensions are much the same as a lot of BBS woodshop boards, as well as quite a few other woodshops too. 

Width - 8.5"
Length - 32.38"
Wheelbase - 14.38"
I've just always wanted to try a shovel nose and like boards with squared noses. I'm not picky when it comes to different woodshops, but would rather buy DLX/Polar, when I'm paying retail.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #3376 on: April 10, 2022, 01:50:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Width - 8.5"
Length - 32.38"
Wheelbase - 14.38"
[close]
I've just always wanted to try a shovel nose and like boards with squared noses. I'm not picky when it comes to different woodshops, but would rather buy DLX/Polar, when I'm paying retail.
That picture above looks pretty identical to the Polar P2 shape, so maybe check those out. They are my current favorite.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #3377 on: April 10, 2022, 02:03:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Width - 8.5"
Length - 32.38"
Wheelbase - 14.38"
[close]
[close]
That picture above looks pretty identical to the Polar P2 shape, so maybe check those out. They are my current favorite.
Thank you, that looks perfect, and the graphics are better than Welcome.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #3378 on: April 10, 2022, 02:19:44 PM »
Thinking about getting the Anti Hero Beach Bummer but have no idea what trucks to run on it

Ace 77?
169?

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #3379 on: April 10, 2022, 05:49:17 PM »
Thinking about getting the Anti Hero Beach Bummer but have no idea what trucks to run on it

Ace 77?
169?

The 169s with wider wheels work well on any of those shaped boards.

Ace 66 classics or AF1 77s also work well on any wider 9.5+ boards like that too.

It does taper a fair bit so unless you don't mind some overhang in the back truck, I wouldn't go as wide as Indy 215 and some might not even go as wide as AF1 77s, but that is personal preference.

I haven't seen one to know the measurement over the back truck, but I think it looks like about 9.3 or so.

Edit:

This is the Beach Bum 9.5 shape with info here:

https://www.conflictskates.co.uk/anti-hero-shaped-eagle---the-beach-bum-skateboard-deck-95-x-305-142wb-yellow-pool-35609-p.asp

I would just add about .5" to those measurements as it seems to be about the same overall, just larger.

9.5" x 30.5"

5.75" nose
6.75" tail
14.2" WB (measured from inside to inside holes)

Width over front truck: 9.25"
Width over rear truck: 8.875"
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 06:02:11 PM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #3380 on: April 11, 2022, 12:45:03 PM »
Expand Quote

Ace 77?
169?
[close]

The 169s with wider wheels work well on any of those shaped boards.

Ace 66 classics or AF1 77s also work well on any wider 9.5+ boards like that too.

It does taper a fair bit so unless you don't mind some overhang in the back truck, I wouldn't go as wide as Indy 215 and some might not even go as wide as AF1 77s, but that is personal preference.

I haven't seen one to know the measurement over the back truck, but I think it looks like about 9.3 or so.

Edit:

This is the Beach Bum 9.5 shape with info here:

https://www.conflictskates.co.uk/anti-hero-shaped-eagle---the-beach-bum-skateboard-deck-95-x-305-142wb-yellow-pool-35609-p.asp

I would just add about .5" to those measurements as it seems to be about the same overall, just larger.

9.5" x 30.5"

5.75" nose
6.75" tail
14.2" WB (measured from inside to inside holes)

Width over front truck: 9.25"
Width over rear truck: 8.875"

Beauty, thanks. Might be one of those settups where I just get the board first and then figure it out

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3381 on: April 11, 2022, 10:34:35 PM »
I can't decide and it's a ways off, but I'm debating a REAL 8.25 OG 14.38WB or FULL SE as it's been ages since I've been on either.  Leaning towards the OG.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #3382 on: April 11, 2022, 11:15:00 PM »
Indy 149 standard hollows. I have been skating venture and aces back and forth for a while now and I just never feel the same as before I switched away from Indy. I have jo interest in the independent image or the team really but I can’t escape the feeling that their performance is just right for me.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #3383 on: April 12, 2022, 02:53:17 AM »
Indy 149 standard hollows. I have been skating venture and aces back and forth for a while now and I just never feel the same as before I switched away from Indy. I have jo interest in the independent image or the team really but I can’t escape the feeling that their performance is just right for me.

Yeah

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #3384 on: April 12, 2022, 04:03:02 AM »
shopping for some radial fulls today
got a worn down, 53ish set from a pal and damn
didnt expect an upgrade from the conical fulls, i like em more
60mm would be ideal but 58 is acceptable

its been my most frugal year ever with skate hardgoods
dd is 95% dialed so that will stay true to december
gonna treat myself and shoudlnt need new wheels for a minute
unless they release two tones or swirls in the same shape

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3385 on: April 12, 2022, 09:04:37 AM »

I think the reason I failed to embrace my preference for Indy's for a while was how corny their marketing and image tend to be, but they're the standard for a reason. I rode Stage 8's and then when I came back to skating I resisted standard stage 11's for a long time thinking they were too heavy and high. I have now ridden the lows, Mids, Forged Hollow (ti an regular), and now the Standard Hollows. The Standard Hollows are definitely my favorite so far and the closest to a basic Indy. I thought I would hate the height, but they do not feel tippy at all, the pop is awesome, and I actually am enjoying the height now that I am used to it. I don't think you will regret the choice.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
« Reply #3386 on: April 12, 2022, 10:14:05 AM »
I can't decide and it's a ways off, but I'm debating a REAL 8.25 OG 14.38WB or FULL SE as it's been ages since I've been on either.  Leaning towards the OG.

Full SE is my favorite shape, ever. Pretty sure its got that 14.38 wb, on the 8.5 anyways
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3387 on: April 13, 2022, 01:11:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Full SE is my favorite shape, ever. Pretty sure its got that 14.38 wb, on the 8.5 anyways

It’s of my faves too, the 8.25” FSE is definitely 14.25”, the og dlx 8.25” = 14.38”.

One of my best setups was a FSE test board (thanks dlx) with 8” thunder ti….tho that board was more of an true 8.3” with a true 14.3”

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #3388 on: April 13, 2022, 02:27:15 PM »
Crailtap G052 shape.

31.875 length
8.25 width
14 wb
6.8 tail
6.875 nose

Have three other decks on ice and still think about this shape way too often. Longer tail, easier pop? Shorter nose, easier flicks and noseslides? 14 wb, will I learn inward heels? Help me pals.
IG: @flowterspace

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #3389 on: April 13, 2022, 02:42:36 PM »
Grip tape
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro