Author Topic: Lacey Baker ll Transworld Interview  (Read 16104 times)

Monkey_Mcpott

Re: Lacey Baker ll Transworld Interview
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2016, 07:52:20 PM »
Expand Quote
I can't stand when people say 9-5, there is no such fucking thing in America, it's 8-5, people who use that expression have never had a real job.
[close]

Haha I felt the same way

hahaha Cant forget the hour lunch  ;)

People are really terrified of a job in the skateboard world, its kinda silly.

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2016, 08:02:31 PM »
That was sick, I've actually been considering a Meow board lately since they're PS Stix

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2016, 08:44:22 PM »
Expand Quote
I can't stand when people say 9-5, there is no such fucking thing in America, it's 8-5, people who use that expression have never had a real job.
[close]

Haha I felt the same way

THIS (for the record, I live in Canada. But it's the same shit)

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2016, 08:50:10 PM »
I'm just going to speak honestly here. It might make me an asshole, but so be it.

I have no interest in Lacy's skating.

If there are people with better style, or people skating heavier shit and bigger tricks than you, than of course your going to attract little to no attention. That's just the truth. It's like me being sour because I sit in my parent's basement playing power chords and I'm not going tour with a band like Van Halen.

Sorry, pal.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2016, 09:13:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Haha I felt the same way

[close]

hahaha Cant forget the hour lunch  ;)

I've been working almost continuously since I was 15 and every minute of it has been pure anguish. If I were her, I'd try to milk a skateboarding career too.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2016, 10:33:44 PM »
1- Elissa
2- Stella
3- Marisa
4- Nora
5- Leticia

;)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1376
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2016, 10:41:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Haha I felt the same way

[close]

hahaha Cant forget the hour lunch  ;)

[close]

I've been working almost continuously since I was 15 and every minute of it has been pure anguish. If I were her, I'd try to milk a skateboarding career too.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^  ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2016, 09:15:45 AM »
I'm just going to speak honestly here. It might make me an asshole, but so be it.

If there are people with better style, or people skating heavier shit and bigger tricks than you, than of course your going to attract little to no attention. That's just the truth. It's like me being sour because I sit in my parent's basement playing power chords and I'm not going tour with a band like Van Halen.

Sorry, pal.
When dumbasses think they are being insightful. You are keeping it real....real dumb.
If you like how skateboarding is nothing but a bunch of dudes, keep talking about how there should be no female role models in skateboarding. If you want it to be something other than testosterone bro fest, maybe encourage good female skaters?

And whoever asked about Marisa, although its entirely just word of mouth rumor stuff, I heard her experience on Zero completely burned her out on the idea of being a professional skateboarder, and she's just over it.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2016, 10:00:20 AM »
Expand Quote

Sorry, pal.
[close]
When dumbasses think they are being insightful. You are keeping it real....real dumb.
If you like how skateboarding is nothing but a bunch of dudes, keep talking about how there should be no female role models in skateboarding. If you want it to be something other than testosterone bro fest, maybe encourage good female skaters?

And whoever asked about Marisa, although its entirely just word of mouth rumor stuff, I heard her experience on Zero completely burned her out on the idea of being a professional skateboarder, and she's just over it.

That's a bummer  :'(
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

shit_for_brains

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2016, 10:13:12 AM »
Shout out to everyone whose 9-5 is more like a 10-3

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1213
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2016, 10:43:49 AM »
I'm on a 9-5 shift right now, it's fine.
Alright, talk to you guys later!
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2016, 10:49:58 AM »
Why did Jamie Reyes never get any attention? She was in Real's Non-Fiction, one of the best skate videos out and she could do some good switch stuff. I love Elissa but I remember seeing Jamie way earlier, think she's in 411 Issue 3.

Marisa being over it is a major bummer. The fuck did you guys do, Zero?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2016, 10:51:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Sorry, pal.
[close]

[close]

That's a bummer� :'(

Man, Zero dropped the ball so hard on Marisa. I would have bought a Marissa board, and I've never owned a zero deck. I'm still hoping she can have a comeback. Hope welcome and birdhouse get their shit together. Lizzie and Nora are the shit. I'd get a Samaria board if Hoopla wasn't skateONE or at least had graphics that weren't garbage.

i work 8:30-4:30

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2016, 10:59:21 AM »
I love how everybody is posting their hours, and on the time stamp, its pretty obvious we're posting during work hours.

Zeep Zander

« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2016, 06:26:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Sorry, pal.
[close]

[close]

That's a bummer  :'(

saw her at a party a fe weeks ago with a broken hand. she still skates and has a boyfriend now. super cool people.

Eric ricks

« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2016, 08:41:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Haha I felt the same way

[close]

THIS (for the record, I live in Canada. But it's the same shit)

City life?

Im in the sticks and we work 7am-7pm 7 days a week for 3 weeks then get one week off.

An eight to five would feel like I just started and the shift would end lol

Eric ricks

« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2016, 08:46:51 PM »
I love how everybody is posting their hours, and on the time stamp, its pretty obvious we're posting during work hours.

Yep,I do it whenever possible.

Im on the clock so Im getting paid to post my regular thoughts about wooden toys

D. Bag

« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2016, 09:42:49 PM »
Expand Quote

Sorry, pal.
[close]

Here's the thing, Ronnie 'ol boy -

Why can't people just like what they like and be okay with that?  Why must everyone LOVE whatever the cause-du-jour is for the hobby they enjoy and not just like what they like and everyone be cool with that?

Here's the funny thing - the forcing of "YOU MUST LIKE A SKATEBOARDER FOR THINGS OTHER THAN THEIR SKATEBOARDING OR YOU'RE [insert kooky fake insult here]!!!" is such hypocritical bullshit, it's why skateboarding is both totally fucking stupid and simultaneously still awesome at the same time.  At one time, it was just awesome, but thanks to those who can't handle differing opinions, it's now just as jockish as team sports shit, thanks to people like you.

You're an old fucker like I am, you've been around long enough to know better, but unfortunately, you still cling to a need to tie in whatever your own sociopolitical agenda shit is with everything you do and then insist everyone be in line with you or there's something inherently wrong with them.  The fact that you can't see your own bully tactics and shaming nonsense even though it's right in front of your nose makes me wonder if you're hitting the bottle hard before you post here, because god damn, you epitomize EXACTLY the same weird PC thuggery that you whine about others SUPPOSEDLY doing, except the only one being a bully about shit is you.

I mean, if I don't like pizza (don't get me wrong, I love a good slice), why would you fucking care?  If I don't like [insert your favorite company here], it doesn't make a lick of fucking difference, but god DAMN, you care so much about everyone conforming to share your same opinion, I'd swear that being angry was more fun to you than skateboarding itself.

So, who gives a shit if someone doesn't particularly like girls who skateboard for the sake of not liking their skating/style/whatever?  It's as stupid as saying "YOU DON'T LIKE RAP, SO YOU'RE AUTOMATICALLY RACIST!!!!"  It's shit-tier logic used by those who are so fucking insecure about themselves, their only goal is to make sure nobody disagrees with them or they might have to question WHY they think the way they do.  Skateboarding isn't an echo chamber - if someone only enjoys watching clips of Todd Falcon, more power to them, let them have their fun, it doesn't fuck up your day any and since skateboarding is about fun and not a social justice mission, your concerns over someone not giving a hoot about girl skaters just makes you look like a grumpy old man shouting from his porch at cars passing by.

Never has the term "Shut up and skate" been more applicable than it is today, too much fucking talk, too many opinions, not enough of the good stuff.  Either learn to cope with the fact that you can't have a hugbox of everyone agreeing with you, or, maybe consider starting an ant farm or something less stressful down the line.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2016, 01:35:38 AM »
^salute,  but take it easy on the gimpper. hillary lost... and now his hero kanye is even praising trump. he probably feels like his world is crumbling right now :'(

Heather Chandler

« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2016, 01:52:17 AM »

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2016, 07:38:54 AM »
Put that gender bender photo of Lacey on the cover of a mag called Transworld

I wanna see the public reaction

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2016, 08:00:01 AM »
Quote from: D. Bag  link=topic=93302.msg2572839#msg2572839 date=1479534169
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Sorry, pal.
[close]

[close]

Why can't people just like what they like and be okay with that?  Why must everyone LOVE whatever the cause-du-jour is for the hobby they enjoy and not just like what they like and everyone be cool with that?

Here's the funny thing - the forcing of "YOU MUST LIKE A SKATEBOARDER FOR THINGS OTHER THAN THEIR SKATEBOARDING OR YOU'RE [insert kooky fake insult here]!!!" is such hypocritical bullshit, it's why skateboarding is both totally fucking stupid and simultaneously still awesome at the same time.  At one time, it was just awesome, but thanks to those who can't handle differing opinions, it's now just as jockish as team sports shit, thanks to people like you.

You're an old fucker like I am, you've been around long enough to know better, but unfortunately, you still cling to a need to tie in whatever your own sociopolitical agenda shit is with everything you do and then insist everyone be in line with you or there's something inherently wrong with them.  The fact that you can't see your own bully tactics and shaming nonsense even though it's right in front of your nose makes me wonder if you're hitting the bottle hard before you post here, because god damn, you epitomize EXACTLY the same weird PC thuggery that you whine about others SUPPOSEDLY doing, except the only one being a bully about shit is you.

I mean, if I don't like pizza (don't get me wrong, I love a good slice), why would you fucking care?  If I don't like [insert your favorite company here], it doesn't make a lick of fucking difference, but god DAMN, you care so much about everyone conforming to share your same opinion, I'd swear that being angry was more fun to you than skateboarding itself.

So, who gives a shit if someone doesn't particularly like girls who skateboard for the sake of not liking their skating/style/whatever?  It's as stupid as saying "YOU DON'T LIKE RAP, SO YOU'RE AUTOMATICALLY RACIST!!!!"  It's shit-tier logic used by those who are so fucking insecure about themselves, their only goal is to make sure nobody disagrees with them or they might have to question WHY they think the way they do.  Skateboarding isn't an echo chamber - if someone only enjoys watching clips of Todd Falcon, more power to them, let them have their fun, it doesn't fuck up your day any and since skateboarding is about fun and not a social justice mission, your concerns over someone not giving a hoot about girl skaters just makes you look like a grumpy old man shouting from his porch at cars passing by.

Never has the term "Shut up and skate" been more applicable than it is today, too much fucking talk, too many opinions, not enough of the good stuff.  Either learn to cope with the fact that you can't have a hugbox of everyone agreeing with you, or, maybe consider starting an ant farm or something less stressful down the line.

You'll be crucified if you like body varials. Never forget. But in reality what do you expect with that signature gif, it is the perfect embodiment of Gip. He's smart, you're dumb, he's big, you're little, he's right, you're wrong, with the irony being thats being said by a little penguin.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2016, 09:07:19 AM »
The dude who wrote the super long paragraph about Gipper basically just missed the whole point on what he actually said.

He said just to encourage good female skaters. That doesn't mean you have to like them but at least respect they are good. How most people don't like Nyjah on here but those same people are always the one posting something like "hes good just not into it".

WaldoSupremo

• Rep: 1
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2016, 02:41:50 PM »
People want to watch the ladies skate as much as they want to watch the ladies play basketball.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2016, 04:17:10 PM »
^ wrong nobody wants to watch female basketball
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2016, 05:32:57 PM »
Women's basketball may not be popular, but gymnastics and figure skating are, even thought their overall skill level is lower (i.e. quad jumps are common for top males but only landed once in a ladies competition). The only logical answer for lack of popularity of female skateboarding is that we like the way men look on a skateboard.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2016, 10:29:19 PM »
Quote from: D. Bag  link=topic=93302.msg2572839#msg2572839 date=1479534169
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Sorry, pal.
[close]

[close]

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2016, 10:36:21 PM »
^salute,  but take it easy on the gimpper. hillary lost... and now his hero kanye is even praising trump. he probably feels like his world is crumbling right now :'(
alt-right pile of shit. I've never actually claimed to like either, but racist shitbag here wants to claim both so his oversimplistic worldview works. I must worship kanye, since I don't hate him for being black. and the assumption and mockery over Hillary? That's just him being a breitbart reading Trump supporter. This dude wallieD uses terms like "cuck." He's absolute shit. If you see his posts, shit on him. its the right thing to do. Don't make racist losers feel at home here, they'll take over, as they often do on websites when they realize its safe to be the racist shitbags they are.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2016, 01:37:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
alt-right pile of shit. I've never actually claimed to like either, but racist shitbag here wants to claim both so his oversimplistic worldview works. I must worship kanye, since I don't hate him for being black. and the assumption and mockery over Hillary? That's just him being a breitbart reading Trump supporter. This dude wallieD uses terms like "cuck." He's absolute shit. If you see his posts, shit on him. its the right thing to do. Don't make racist losers feel at home here, they'll take over, as they often do on websites when they realize its safe to be the racist shitbags they are.
how do you actually teach students when you fly off the handle so easily, and you are wrong so often? i don't even use the word cuck? you must be thinking of someone else for all of your accusations. i do make fun of you overly PC libtards though.  i remember you praising kanye in the past saying he is clearly the best rapper, or something like that. you were also quite fond of him being in to butt-play like yourself when that news broke. i figured he is probably a hero of yours based on what you said.  i have never even heard about breitbart until a couple days ago. you are the sorest loser *trump voice*

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -293
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2016, 02:24:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^salute,  but take it easy on the gimpper. hillary lost... and now his hero kanye is even praising trump. he probably feels like his world is crumbling right now :'(
[close]
[close]
how do you actually teach students when you fly off the handle so easily, and you are wrong so often? i don't even use the word cuck? you must be thinking of someone else for all of your accusations. i do make fun of you overly PC libtards though.  i remember you praising kanye in the past saying he is clearly the best rapper, or something like that. you were also quite fond of him being in to butt-play like yourself when that news broke. i figured he is probably a hero of yours based on what you said.  i have never even heard about breitbart until a couple days ago. you are the sorest loser *trump voice*

LOL, please, go on.