Author Topic: Independent trucks and racist ideology  (Read 99136 times)

SHIREFLIP

Re: Independent trucks and racist ideology
« Reply #210 on: July 27, 2018, 09:06:40 AM »
To legitimize longboarding...or a downhill event in the Olympics?

Wild conspiracies aside, I think Olympic Hill Bombing would be pretty entertaining.

tortfeasor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #211 on: July 27, 2018, 09:11:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Oh no, longboarders have indys now?!

Pretty soon we're gonna see randoms who don't even skate wearing indy tee shirts
[close]
Already happening, seen a kook couple at the beach mallgrabbing two longboards with sublime shirt and indy tye dye.

wait he had two boards and two t-shirts? how many shoes?  you might have been looking at two people.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #212 on: July 27, 2018, 09:35:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Oh no, longboarders have indys now?!

Pretty soon we're gonna see randoms who don't even skate wearing indy tee shirts
[close]
Already happening, seen a kook couple at the beach mallgrabbing two longboards with sublime shirt and indy tye dye.
[close]

wait he had two boards and two t-shirts? how many shoes?  you might have been looking at two people.
Reading bro.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 913
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #213 on: July 27, 2018, 10:09:37 AM »
So each person was holding two longboards that were attached to a sublime shirt and indy tie dye?

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #214 on: July 27, 2018, 10:14:10 AM »
No, the sublime shirt WAS the indie tie dye.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2278
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #215 on: July 27, 2018, 02:07:17 PM »
The LA Massacre should be the only Olympic event, Corey Webster an obvious shoe in for the US

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

nosneb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #216 on: July 27, 2018, 06:33:41 PM »
Won’t stick on smith grinds 🤷🏻‍♂️

calvinsdream

« Reply #217 on: July 27, 2018, 07:09:29 PM »
Riding double barrel bushings is the real sin

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 182
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #218 on: July 28, 2018, 01:17:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Does Ben K skate Indys?  ;)
[close]
he's been skating indys lately

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

drunkenshredder

• Rep: -135
« Reply #219 on: March 16, 2020, 10:49:07 AM »
What's with the salute?

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #220 on: March 16, 2020, 11:02:24 AM »
What's with the salute?
HOLY SHIT!
never noticed that

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1127
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #221 on: March 16, 2020, 03:04:04 PM »
I will skate Indy trucks -- esp the hollow point Mark Gonzales -- but I stopped fucking with their merch a LONG time ago.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #222 on: March 16, 2020, 08:24:19 PM »

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1422
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #223 on: March 16, 2020, 09:55:28 PM »
I had an indy cross on my forearm for 8 years- loose trux save lives. I Was living in a slave state and this wood at bar said "what's up brother, want a beer." I opted out. This shit happened more than once. I a hippy with other weird ink but it as an apparent visual in with White Boy/AB fucktards. Then, some a while back when i was crashing in a communal community this gal said "I know thats a skateboard thing for you, bt you know what i means, right?" I Grappled with that that shit for years. Now it's covered up and while I sill ride Indys, i'm happy as fuck to not be mistaken for a wood or AB dirtbag.
Support your local skate shop

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1127
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #224 on: March 17, 2020, 12:10:37 AM »
Cool story bro
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #225 on: March 17, 2020, 06:46:48 AM »
This thread is ridiculous

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -306
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #226 on: March 17, 2020, 09:47:01 AM »
Am I the only one bummed with how Indys work these days. Constantly find my trucks drifting and getting stuck to one side of the pivot cup. Really don’t want to ride Thunders...

Agnarnomous

« Reply #227 on: March 17, 2020, 10:01:07 AM »
Am I the only one bummed with how Indys work these days. Constantly find my trucks drifting and getting stuck to one side of the pivot cup. Really don’t want to ride Thunders...

Try Ace if you want something similar, more turn, but a slower, more controlled grind due to the softer metal. I still prefer Indy, but I do like Ace's.

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #228 on: March 17, 2020, 11:15:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Try Ace if you want something similar, more turn, but a slower, more controlled grind due to the softer metal. I still prefer Indy, but I do like Ace's.
Yeah. Ace is 1010 approved and have no issues with pivot cups and bent hangers ;D

Agnarnomous

« Reply #229 on: March 17, 2020, 12:02:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yeah. Ace is 1010 approved and have no issues with pivot cups and bent hangers ;D

I'm not sure what 1010 is, all a quick Google search led me to was some religious shit. I'm guessing by the winky face and bent hangars comment that you're being sarcastic. People have said that the "bent hangar" was just an optical illusion, from there being more material in the center, supposedly that was only a 1st Gen issue. I've had 2 sets of the latest revision Ace's and haven't had any issues, one set I really put a beating on too (the other is on a cruiser setup, so they don't get nearly the abuse). What's up with the pivot cups?

theSketchLord

• Rep: 42
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #230 on: March 17, 2020, 12:08:56 PM »
I have an indy shirt and have no issues wearing it. Although a few years back I was riding back from getting tattooed and had an old BMX helmet that looked like an army one, it had an skull and an Indy style iron cross on the side.

Some hobo took offense midway across a pedestrian crossing and tried to stab me in the neck. 
Suffice to say I kept the helmet (couldn't afford another) but I stickered over the iron cross.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #231 on: March 17, 2020, 12:14:56 PM »
Frog skateboards.  They knew about Pepe.  They knew.     

legion

« Reply #232 on: March 17, 2020, 12:23:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I'm not sure what 1010 is, all a quick Google search led me to was some religious shit. I'm guessing by the winky face and bent hangars comment that you're being sarcastic. People have said that the "bent hangar" was just an optical illusion, from there being more material in the center, supposedly that was only a 1st Gen issue. I've had 2 sets of the latest revision Ace's and haven't had any issues, one set I really put a beating on too (the other is on a cruiser setup, so they don't get nearly the abuse). What's up with the pivot cups?
1010 = JJ = Jason Jessee
Anyone feel like editing his wiki?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Jessee

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #233 on: March 17, 2020, 12:26:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

i wish i knew where my set were so i could put them in a lathe and show you how much of an 'illusion' they are
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Agnarnomous

« Reply #234 on: March 17, 2020, 12:27:19 PM »
1010 = JJ = Jason Jessee

Wait... What? Is this like a fucking codename or something? Who the fuck calls him this? I'm so confused right now lol.

Agnarnomous

« Reply #235 on: March 17, 2020, 12:34:18 PM »

i wish i knew where my set were so i could put them in a lathe and show you how much of an 'illusion' they are

Yea, I didn't have any of the earlier Ace's where that was said to be an issue, that's just what I had read about that. Newer ones treated me quite well though. Indy's are less squirrelly and grind faster so I prefer them.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #236 on: March 17, 2020, 12:40:24 PM »
Expand Quote
1010 = JJ = Jason Jessee
[close]

Wait... What? Is this like a fucking codename or something? Who the fuck calls him this? I'm so confused right now lol.

On Slap, JJ short form has always meant Jake Johnson. In order to not confuse or associate Jake with Jason Jessee, people started short forming Jessee as 1010. J being the tenth letter in the alphabet. It’s a metonym, like 81 equals Hell’s Angels or 18 equals AntiHero.

Agnarnomous

« Reply #237 on: March 17, 2020, 12:56:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
1010 = JJ = Jason Jessee
[close]

[close]

On Slap, JJ short form has always meant Jake Johnson. In order to not confuse or associate Jake with Jason Jessee, people started short forming Jessee as 1010. J being the tenth letter in the alphabet. It’s a metonym, like 81 equals Hell’s Angels or 18 equals AntiHero.

Ahhhh, now I see. I got the metonym part, just didn't know the history. Thanks.

legion

« Reply #238 on: March 17, 2020, 01:05:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
1010 = JJ = Jason Jessee
[close]

[close]

[close]

Ahhhh, now I see. I got the metonym part, just didn't know the history. Thanks.
Oops! Forgot about JJ, Jake Johnson. Mea culpa, my bad!

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #239 on: March 17, 2020, 04:08:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
1010 = JJ = Jason Jessee

Kenny Andersons name should not be in that fuckers wiki... Yes someone edit