Author Topic: Independent trucks and racist ideology  (Read 100629 times)

Dopethrone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -22
Re: Independent trucks and racist ideology
« Reply #330 on: June 06, 2020, 11:19:51 PM »
Rumour has it they had a meeting today on changing the logo

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #331 on: June 06, 2020, 11:51:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Damn GT, and didn’t his man Patlanta try to say 1010 was Buddhist?
[close]
what the fuck does being a buddhist have to do with anything do you let priests babysit your kids because they claim religion too

Buddhism has used the Swastika for over 2000 years. Some of the swastikas in 1010’s collection are Buddhist in origin. But not all of them...

1010 is about as Buddhist as he is smart.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #332 on: June 07, 2020, 01:00:46 AM »
Why they gotta refer to short sleeve t-shirts as "ss tee" on their website?
Most brands do that, chill

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1573
« Reply #333 on: June 07, 2020, 01:24:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
what the fuck does being a buddhist have to do with anything do you let priests babysit your kids because they claim religion too
[close]

Buddhism has used the Swastika for over 2000 years. Some of the swastikas in 1010’s collection are Buddhist in origin. But not all of them...

To this day I still seriously wonder which sponsor or entity was responsible for that masquerade of a Nine Club episode complete with as many Buddhist props as they could find in the background with not one justification, that the Nine Club guys themselves didn't seem happy doing at all, and was foolish enough to throw symbols of another culture just like that as an attempt at a semi-subliminal visual excuse for someone who manages neo-nazi bands. Honestly the most outrageous shady shit and terrible marketing move I've seen pulled in skateboarding, yet it seemed to fly over the heads of a lot of people on here at the time who were too busy digging up old antics to be shocked by the gratuitous and filthy cultural reappropration.

Or maybe it was an idea of the Nine Club guys themselves - e.g.. hey let's make this episode look like a farce, so that hopefully people understand the fraud from the get-go, but I really wouldn't be surprised if somewhere, a PR dude should legitimately reconsider their whole career, if not existence.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 01:28:03 AM by silhouette »

Shuh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #334 on: June 07, 2020, 01:31:26 AM »
Rumour has it they had a meeting today on changing the logo

They should have done long time ago now  that being made in China and having that logo they will lose people on both sides

TONYMONTANA

• Rep: -42
« Reply #335 on: June 07, 2020, 04:27:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

gromcigs right he aint as dumb as he is i just like to berate the fucker because hes still a cockroach

Expand Quote
Why they gotta refer to short sleeve t-shirts as "ss tee" on their website?
[close]
Most brands do that, chill
son you chill this is indy the adults are talking about have a juicebox

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #336 on: June 07, 2020, 05:11:09 AM »
Some lame reasons why bikers use it ...

Why do bikers use the Iron Cross?
The Iron Cross began to show up as a biker symbol in the mid 1960's. Since so many of the World War II generation associated the symbol with the enemy, Adolf Hitler, the younger generation found the perfect tool to show their rebellion. ... Bikers do like shocking the citizenry and the Iron Cross still does this today.

The Iron Cross symbolizes the courage of the old Prussian warriors, the great victories of the Bismarck era and the valor of the German soldiers of the First World War. Officially the fascist symbolism was removed from the Iron Cross in 1957.

Who removed that ‘officially’?

How even?

Today
Today the Iron Cross on biker wallets may have different meanings to different people. For some bikers, they choose wallets with the Iron Cross simply because it is a design that has become embedded in the biker culture or because they like the design.
For other biker’s having an Iron Cross wallet is still an outward declaration of toughness of rebellion and living life by their own rules.
Many of the younger Biker’s of today choose wallets with the Iron Cross design because they believe that this Cross does represent honor and pride to their organization and to the open road.
Whatever the reason why a Biker may choose a wallet bearing an Iron Cross the design itself is not evil nor does it represent evil it is simply and eye catching design that has meaning whether aesthetically, personally, or as an organization to the biker.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -173
« Reply #337 on: June 08, 2020, 04:22:18 AM »
hearing/reading non-motorcycle people talk about motorcycle culture is just as lame as hearing non-skateboarders talk about skateboarding

second hand embarrassment/douche chills
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Hella Yen

• Rep: 9
« Reply #338 on: June 08, 2020, 08:08:20 AM »
hearing/reading non-motorcycle people talk about motorcycle culture is just as lame as hearing non-skateboarders talk about skateboarding

second hand embarrassment/douche chills
make sure to tell everyone at your local Harley dealership cool guy. Hopefully they have those leather chaps you've been wanting

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #339 on: June 08, 2020, 09:03:04 AM »
i have never been in a harley dealership, but thanks for your retort cool guy

Hella Yen

• Rep: 9
« Reply #340 on: June 08, 2020, 09:56:56 AM »
i have never been in a harley dealership, but thanks for your retort cool guy
I'm not cool. I'm not a straight edge biker trying to son people about motorcycle culture on a skateboard forum. No ones cares you know hot slang and your buddy Jimmy lets you use his bike lift for free because you put him on your
favorite leather cleaning product

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #341 on: June 08, 2020, 11:14:31 AM »
Last night Joey T was posting some “George Soros is funding a race war” shit on his insta story, now I’m looking at my aces like “gawdamnit.” I should just ride thunders.

JosephSmith

• Rep: 49
« Reply #342 on: June 08, 2020, 11:17:54 AM »
Does anybody else  think that Red Baron pizza should change its mascot? I always (okay, since high school) wondered about the connotations with that one. Those iron crosses were on his plane.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #343 on: June 08, 2020, 11:19:02 AM »
Last night Joey T was posting some “George Soros is funding a race war” shit on his insta story, now I’m looking at my aces like “gawdamnit.” I should just ride thunders.
Ace sponsored Jason Jessee for a little after he got dropped by everybody.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #344 on: June 08, 2020, 11:32:32 AM »
Does anybody else  think that Red Baron pizza should change its mascot? I always (okay, since high school) wondered about the connotations with that one. Those iron crosses were on his plane.

are you kidding

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 818
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #345 on: June 08, 2020, 11:57:31 AM »

They could probably change it to Ernst Jünger's Storm of Steel Stuffcrust, but trench warfare isn't quite as sexy as dogfighting in a biplane.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Hefe43

• Rep: 175
« Reply #346 on: June 08, 2020, 12:14:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They could probably change it to Ernst Jünger's Storm of Steel Stuffcrust, but trench warfare isn't quite as sexy as dogfighting in a biplane.

This is the shit I love about slap. History + pizza + slap = joke
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

skatinginmy30s

« Reply #347 on: June 08, 2020, 12:15:29 PM »
Expand Quote
I think you're mildly regular.
[close]

hahaha 3rd.. god damn sjws

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1143
« Reply #348 on: June 08, 2020, 12:18:40 PM »

Goddamnit it

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #349 on: June 08, 2020, 12:20:51 PM »
Joey T is o
ne of the best humans that I have ever known in my life
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #350 on: June 08, 2020, 12:24:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Goddamnit it

or Ventures

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #351 on: June 08, 2020, 12:37:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Joey T is o
ne of the best humans that I have ever known in my life

Quit pretending anyone cares to talk to you.

roastbeef

• Rep: -47
« Reply #352 on: June 08, 2020, 12:45:31 PM »
About the iron cross from the Anti Defamation League website:

"By the early 2000s, this other use of the Iron Cross had spread from bikers to skateboarders and many extreme sports enthusiasts and became part of the logo of several different companies producing equipment and clothing for this audience. Consequently, the use of the Iron Cross in a non-racist context has greatly proliferated in the United States, to the point that an Iron Cross in isolation (i.e., without a superimposed swastika or without other accompanying hate symbols) cannot be determined to be a hate symbol. Care must therefore be used to correctly interpret this symbol in whatever context in which it may be found. "

The germans still use an iron cross on their planes and helicopters.

The US Navy still uses the iron cross for one of its awards. The army used it too in the past.

JosephSmith

« Reply #353 on: June 08, 2020, 01:18:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agreed. Using “trench” to promote any type of food makes it less appetizing. “Trench Trucks” might be kind of cool though .
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 01:20:50 PM by JosephSmith »

Hefe43

« Reply #354 on: June 08, 2020, 01:33:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Agreed. Using “trench” to promote any type of food makes it less appetizing. “Trench Trucks” might be kind of cool though .

They’d come lookinglike they were grinded close to the axle but are brand new. Trench Trcuks. Ultimate lock in system.

This Thing Of Ours

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1010
  • the moon rules
« Reply #355 on: June 08, 2020, 01:49:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

They’d come lookinglike they were grinded close to the axle but are brand new. Trench Trcuks. Ultimate lock in system.
I think you just invented Gullwings
At this point in my life I’d skate Gullwings before Indys
fuck you bama

JosephSmith

« Reply #356 on: June 08, 2020, 01:54:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

There could be a market for this; Like denim that looks all distressed.

Hefe43

« Reply #357 on: June 08, 2020, 01:55:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I think you just invented Gullwings
At this point in my life I’d skate Gullwings before Indys

Trench Trucks by PALs distribution put gullwings to shame Thomas

This Thing Of Ours

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1453
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #358 on: June 08, 2020, 02:44:48 PM »
A bit late to the game.

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 818
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #359 on: June 08, 2020, 02:49:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
There could be a market for this; Like denim that looks all distressed.

Wasn't it sluggers who was trying to get people to sell him pre-grinded down trucks?
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.