Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 171683 times)

Roisto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #1590 on: May 08, 2022, 12:42:00 AM »
I hope those vegan Etnies & éS will be available in Europe also. So far nothing on the EU site. The Sheep Windrow Vulcs are some of the comfiest shoes out of the box I’ve ever had. Thinking of skating those next and would like to get more if possible. Sole Tech shoes fit me so well in general while many others just don’t work at all or require massive break in periods. So I really should just stick with Sole Tech cuz I like the brands also. Unfortunately some of the vegan options never seem to reach Europe.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1591 on: May 08, 2022, 05:15:56 AM »
If only the caspian was a cup… oh well spanlys are coming right? Might even try and skate in my bondeys till then…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1592 on: May 08, 2022, 10:53:09 AM »
The other really nice thing about the Caspians is that they come with the fancy “STI” insole that eS also sells separately for $20. No modifications needed, ready to skate right out of the box.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #1593 on: May 08, 2022, 11:17:13 AM »
they're looking pretty clean

DJSoftspot

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1594 on: May 08, 2022, 09:36:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Recently saw some vegan Addidas Samba’s, just wondering if there is any difference between those and the regular Samba ADV? I’m just wondering because it’s missing the ADV part but otherwise look identical. Anybody have the vegans and vouch for comfort? I’m guessing the vegans aren’t designed for skating in?

https://www.adidas.com/us/samba-vegan-shoes/H01877.html?pr=product_rr&slot=2&rec=mt
[close]
they aren’t designed for skating but even @Sk.A.T.A.N likes the regular ones better. Sizing is small on them and they are super slim from memory, I think I was in between sizes. I almost feel like you could go a full size up if you wanted to replace the insole, at least 0.5 than your tts.
Just posted in the main thread but my blondeys arrived today, very minimalist but they still feel quite solid, still tossing up whether I should skate them or not…
[close]

Thanks for the reply,
Those Blondeys look pretty sick too but sold out of my size

Blondeys are sick in person and comfy. I’ve skated them a few times and they wear pretty quick. Probably won’t continue skating then

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1595 on: May 09, 2022, 01:12:54 AM »
How did the patent leather hold up on the blondeys, and is it slippery?

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1596 on: May 09, 2022, 05:32:41 PM »
eS is crushing it right now

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1597 on: May 09, 2022, 08:17:38 PM »
Oh yeah! I love the swift 1.5 outsole so much (although it does wear out quite quickly)!
Still holdin out for the spanlys…

timv

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #1598 on: May 11, 2022, 05:51:19 PM »
The etnies marana Michelins in the color that are vegan just dropped to 46.99
https://etnies.com/collections/mens-sale/products/marana-michelin-dark-grey-black-gum

DJSoftspot

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1599 on: May 14, 2022, 04:01:36 PM »

Patent leather doesn't hold for shit, neither does the ripstop. The grip is really good though

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 98
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #1600 on: May 14, 2022, 06:56:42 PM »
The etnies marana Michelins in the color that are vegan just dropped to 46.99
https://etnies.com/collections/mens-sale/products/marana-michelin-dark-grey-black-gum
Sold out of my size, bummer, best skate shoe I've had in years
Cocteau Twins

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 84
« Reply #1601 on: May 15, 2022, 01:34:05 PM »
Anybody know if these are vegan? They say synthetic suede.

https://www.lakai.com/products/evo-2-0-white-teal-suede-ms1220259b00

… Not so sure this counts as a skate shoe but I’m looking for a good one I can walk in and wanna support a skate company at the same time.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1602 on: May 15, 2022, 02:53:07 PM »
Anybody know if these are vegan? They say synthetic suede.

https://www.lakai.com/products/evo-2-0-white-teal-suede-ms1220259b00

… Not so sure this counts as a skate shoe but I’m looking for a good one I can walk in and wanna support a skate company at the same time.
the first colourway of them was. They run small btw, full size up!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1603 on: May 16, 2022, 12:07:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Patent leather doesn't hold for shit, neither does the ripstop. The grip is really good though
good to know, I had them in my trunk yesterday but didn’t end up skating them. My question in regards to slippery mess was more directed at the patent leather and not the sole, like does the patent actually stick to your grip tape? I’ve wanted a skateable vegan adidas SB for so long now…

jkadams

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1604 on: May 26, 2022, 10:29:37 AM »
Wondering about the upcoming Swift and Spanky shoes' insoles...

Anyone know if Swift 1.5 has the same insole as recent Accel Plus Ever Stitch (thin, perforated, big toe and ball of foot mash it to nothing after a week or two)?

Has anyone seen the KSL insole?  Current model has "PERORATED EVA INSOLE WITH ARCH SUPPORT", which sounds like the same as above.

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #1605 on: May 27, 2022, 05:56:47 AM »
First skate in the vegan Accels is a good one.

I hope they do a run of (good) colourways of Accels with the synthetic suede they're using on their models, it's done me well in the past few shoes I've had.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1606 on: May 27, 2022, 06:44:48 AM »
is it not a bit hypocritical that you guys shit on cariuma for claiming fake vegan, but then run a 54 page thread about vegan shoes on other companies doing the exact same thing?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1607 on: May 27, 2022, 07:03:07 AM »
is it not a bit hypocritical that you guys shit on cariuma for claiming fake vegan, but then run a 54 page thread about vegan shoes on other companies doing the exact same thing?
how so my friend?
In the history of skating, zero two was the only company to ever claim full vegan, actually it was only vegetarian;
all the other companies have only ever offered us options (even sheep had suede shoes) which is what we discuss here.
I don’t think any of us is shitting on Cariuma’s vegan options per se, more just their overall aesthetic and marketing strategy. I’m genuinely kinda curious about Mike V’s shoe and others in this thread have said they don’t have qualms about skating them. That’s not the issue really, for example I hate Nike and I’ll never skate a pair, but I won’t criticize people for posting Nike vegan shoes in this thread…in short, we discuss vegan models in here, cariuma included!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 07:13:43 AM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1608 on: May 27, 2022, 07:06:16 AM »
Wondering about the upcoming Swift and Spanky shoes' insoles...

Anyone know if Swift 1.5 has the same insole as recent Accel Plus Ever Stitch (thin, perforated, big toe and ball of foot mash it to nothing after a week or two)?

Has anyone seen the KSL insole?  Current model has "PERORATED EVA INSOLE WITH ARCH SUPPORT", which sounds like the same as above.
I always change out the insoles on my eS so I’m not sure. Would love to know about sizing on the spanlys, I’m gagging for them. The soles on my accel plus are worn through but I’m holding out, only one month to go right? @EmericaTM when is the drop son?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1609 on: May 27, 2022, 07:09:04 AM »

I hope they do a run of (good) colourways of Accels with the synthetic suede they're using on their models, it's done me well in the past few shoes I've had.
I kinda want a pair, not sure if I can rock them though… they are mad puffy right?
Don’t they come with a good insole?
Also, Quattros are a bitch to find, eS have done like two colourways but neither hit the shores here.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1610 on: May 27, 2022, 08:27:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I kinda want a pair, not sure if I can rock them though… they are mad puffy right?
Also, Quattros are a bitch to find, eS have done like two colourways but neither hit the shores here.

I got the black/gum vegan Accels. The synth suede is nice. They came with the thinnest insoles I've ever seen in my life, despite their site saying they come with fancy insoles. I did order the fancy insoles separately because I remember loving the sole tech insoles as a kid and I wanted free shipping, but they have no arch support, while the paper thin ones support my arch well. I think the slims come with the fancy insoles.

They are pretty puffy yeah. I think puffy shoes always look puffier in person than they do in the stock photos.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 08:41:19 AM by yourfuckingdad »

oak leaf

• Rep: 50
« Reply #1611 on: May 27, 2022, 10:03:48 AM »
im the type to pick a model/brand of something and try and commit to it so that i dont have to relearn stuff…. buying vegan shoes makes that hard, i end up always skating CONS that hurt my feet or some weird cupsole that i only get used to when it’s dead.

any reccs for a shoe that has stayed vegan and consistently available in non-clown colorways?  funny how that seems to be a steep ask…

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1612 on: May 27, 2022, 11:38:45 AM »
im the type to pick a model/brand of something and try and commit to it so that i dont have to relearn stuff…. buying vegan shoes makes that hard, i end up always skating CONS that hurt my feet or some weird cupsole that i only get used to when it’s dead.

any reccs for a shoe that has stayed vegan and consistently available in non-clown colorways?  funny how that seems to be a steep ask…
Maybe try Last Resorts.  They're similar to Cons but a little more supportive/substantial, and consistently available in at least one vegan version.

oak leaf

• Rep: 50
« Reply #1613 on: May 27, 2022, 11:58:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Maybe try Last Resorts.  They're similar to Cons but a little more supportive/substantial, and consistently available in at least one vegan version.

cool thanks. any wisdom on sizing for them?

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1614 on: May 27, 2022, 12:37:37 PM »
I go TTS with LRAB (and I half-size down in Cons)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1615 on: May 27, 2022, 03:20:50 PM »
TTS for vegan LRAB for me too

If looking for cupsoles it’s either NB# 420s or eS accel plus for me, 420 is always vegan and accel plus usually has a vegan colourway each drop.

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #1616 on: May 30, 2022, 02:04:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I got the black/gum vegan Accels. The synth suede is nice. They came with the thinnest insoles I've ever seen in my life, despite their site saying they come with fancy insoles. I did order the fancy insoles separately because I remember loving the sole tech insoles as a kid and I wanted free shipping, but they have no arch support, while the paper thin ones support my arch well. I think the slims come with the fancy insoles.

They are pretty puffy yeah. I think puffy shoes always look puffier in person than they do in the stock photos.

Yeah I mean, they're pretty puffier than most might remember the Accels being, although I know the shape and a few other details might be slightly different (I know someone did a comparison with ones pre-04 and 04 onwards, the ones after 04 is what they took the shaping off IIRC). Although the puff might be more noticeable as we're more accustomed shoes to being slimmer these days. I dunno, maybe.

Either ways I'm loving how they're skating so far, although I may buy a pair of their insoles to try out and see if they're better. The arch support on the normal ones is pretty tidy, but I land heavy on my heels so I'd prefer a little more protection there.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1617 on: May 30, 2022, 07:29:27 PM »
I’m in a slump waiting for the spanlys … might even get another pair of 420s to tide me over because eS Quattros don’t get distro over here and not sure if I’ll skate my blondeys.
Is the sizing on the eS accel tts? I wear true to size in accel plus but I could probably 0.5 size depending on insoles and thickness of my socks

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1618 on: May 30, 2022, 08:56:58 PM »
I’m in a slump waiting for the spanlys … might even get another pair of 420s to tide me over because eS Quattros don’t get distro over here and not sure if I’ll skate my blondeys.
Is the sizing on the eS accel tts? I wear true to size in accel plus but I could probably 0.5 size depending on insoles and thickness of my socks
I skated my eS Caspians for the first time today and they are truly great.  I know you prefer cupsoles, but the caspians are miles above the Blondeys in terms of support. I think they’re the most cupsole-y vulc you can get, if that makes any sense

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1619 on: May 30, 2022, 10:30:01 PM »
It does @kneebone, and I was almost contemplating some emerica temples (or maybe even Dicksons) because they look pretty beefy for a vulc. Don’t think the white caspians have dropped here yet…