Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 534219 times)

144p

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #4980 on: September 16, 2022, 01:47:27 PM »
Hey I know I've had people ask me in the past here, haven't been on Slap as much lately but we re stocked on 9.5,10,10.25,10.5 popsicles in the script, exploding skull and dogonit graphics.
https://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Decks/35th.htm

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #4981 on: September 16, 2022, 09:22:49 PM »
Joined the big boys w/ this new setup

Creature Winkowski Guest deck - 10.38 x 30.54
215 Indys
58mm Spitfire 80hd
Reds

I'm pushing 40 and only ever skated popsicle shapes, but this thing is so much fun. Love the 80hd wheels too. I stick mainly to park and miniramp these days so they are perfect. Got a pair for my 8.6 setup too. 

I’m also pushing 40 and I love this shape. My shape is similar - except I’m on 169s and 99 duro wheels. So much fun.

WelcomeToHell

• Rep: 254
« Reply #4982 on: September 20, 2022, 06:26:10 PM »
Pretty stoked to take delivery of this wild ass Baker board tomorrow. Going to run it with some 169s.

Baker Tyson Peterson Circle Jerks Wild Shaped Skateboard Deck - 10x31
Deck Specs from SoCal:
Width: 10"
Length: 31"
Wheelbase: 16.38"
Nose: 4"
Tail: 6.5"

animalflesh

« Reply #4983 on: September 20, 2022, 06:45:57 PM »
So sick

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #4984 on: September 20, 2022, 07:18:51 PM »
What the fuck!  Thats insanely rad!  That wheelbase is 😍

Curious how wide it is over rear trucks.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 08:47:31 PM by Sketch Hitchcock »

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #4985 on: September 20, 2022, 08:32:58 PM »
Pretty stoked to take delivery of this wild ass Baker board tomorrow. Going to run it with some 169s.

Baker Tyson Peterson Circle Jerks Wild Shaped Skateboard Deck - 10x31
Deck Specs from SoCal:
Wheelbase: 16.38"

That's one gnarly ass wheelbase

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #4986 on: September 20, 2022, 08:36:52 PM »
Expand Quote

Roisto question in the Woodshop thread about Blast made me check and this is the most recent post, which looks quite nice.

They are now through Quarter Dist for wood and everything, so should get a bit more coverage too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiPl064oCQB/
[close]

side note - this board is emitting dangerous levels of stoke

This blast board is so dope I can’t even…

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4987 on: September 20, 2022, 11:10:40 PM »
Left my board at the shop cause it was raining, came back today to pick it up and it was super warped. My fault for leaving it in a closet that traps a lot of heat. That meant new deck time :v

Black Label John Lucero "STREET THING" Full White Dip 9.88" x 32.25" 14.5"- 15" adjustable wheelbase
Independent x Toy Machine 159 Standards with stock bushings
NFG MFG 52D 60mm (marked as 60mm but they actually measure ~58mm)
Bones Super Reds Ceramics
Bones 1/8" riser pads
Independent x Slayer 1" hardware
Jessup Ultra

Second Street Thing deck this year. I rode the previous one with 169s and 161s, and 159s feel way better with this board so far. Back truck looks crooked because I'm still breaking in the bushings.

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #4988 on: September 21, 2022, 04:15:01 AM »

I’ll measure tonight and let you know.

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #4989 on: September 21, 2022, 05:10:03 PM »

It's 8.75 over the front trucks and 8.5 over the rear. I'm running 169s, but might bump down to 159s.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #4990 on: September 21, 2022, 05:41:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's 8.75 over the front trucks and 8.5 over the rear. I'm running 169s, but might bump down to 159s.

Yeah I might need to stash one of these to ride with 149s. That sounds really fun actually.

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #4991 on: September 21, 2022, 05:53:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah I might need to stash one of these to ride with 149s. That sounds really fun actually.

It's such a fun ride. The wheelbase is kind of bonkers, but not in a bad way. I'm used 14.50. It just took a minute to get used to, but it was a dream skating the mini bowl. So much control.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 06:16:32 PM by WelcomeToHell »

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4992 on: October 02, 2022, 06:45:44 PM »
Was saving this one but wanted to see how it skated
New deal Siamese slick(yes I know I like rails better than the slick) 9.4 x 31.75
Venture 6.1
Spitfire f4 56 classic 97a
Quantum fusion ceramic hybrid bearings
Roughneck allen hardware
Pepper grip
Slappy hour rails
Dunks

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 840
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4993 on: October 03, 2022, 12:37:00 AM »
Was saving this one but wanted to see how it skated
New deal Siamese slick(yes I know I like rails better than the slick) 9.4 x 31.75
Venture 6.1
Spitfire f4 56 classic 97a
Quantum fusion ceramic hybrid bearings
Roughneck allen hardware
Pepper grip
Slappy hour rails
Dunks

nice setup
whats the width over the trucks?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4994 on: October 03, 2022, 06:26:10 AM »
8.75 in back and 9 up front.
I can’t remember what size trucks I rode on this way back when but I’m sure they were too big.
I feel like these 8.75 trucks fit well.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4995 on: October 04, 2022, 12:59:45 PM »
Had to pull the trigger on the Skull Skates 10' Diehard shape. One for the wall one to skate.
Anybody tried one of them?

oliknight

« Reply #4996 on: October 04, 2022, 01:30:44 PM »
Had to pull the trigger on the Skull Skates 10' Diehard shape. One for the wall one to skate.

I love the look of skull skates decks but I can’t bring myself to support them because there are still so many Duane Peters decks from that company.
Like they don’t seem to have acknowledged how much of a bad person he is at all.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 05:53:46 PM by oliknight »

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #4997 on: October 04, 2022, 01:49:14 PM »

My two currents setups. I took the Enjoi because I liked the the 14,25 WB on a 9" but wasn't convinced about the quality of Dwindle wood. Surprisingly it's holding really good, especially the concave.

I haven't skated much the chocolate because I want to pair it with ACE 60, does anybody tried the combo?

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4998 on: October 04, 2022, 01:57:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I love the look of skull skates decks but I can’t bring myself to support them because there are still so many Duane Peters decks from that company.
Like they don’t seem to have acknowledged how much of a bad person he is at all.

I fully get what you are saying. But to me its still one of the most respectable brands since they never really changed and have been around since the 70s.
The clothing and boards always are top notch quality.

PisstickleTypeExperience

• Rep: -1
« Reply #4999 on: October 04, 2022, 04:14:02 PM »

My two currents setups. I took the Enjoi because I liked the the 14,25 WB on a 9" but wasn't convinced about the quality of Dwindle wood. Surprisingly it's holding really good, especially the concave.

I haven't skated much the chocolate because I want to pair it with ACE 60, does anybody tried the combo?

Dwindle wood is amazing.

I'd definitely ride their boards but they don't seem to make anything in my preferred shape of 8.75x long wb/length

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #5000 on: October 04, 2022, 04:35:40 PM »

Got that same Choco and it’s snappy. I have 159s on mine, but the quality of that wood is on point.

oliknight

« Reply #5001 on: October 04, 2022, 05:53:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I fully get what you are saying. But to me its still one of the most respectable brands since they never really changed and have been around since the 70s.

I think that’s the fact that they haven’t changed is the reason I have a problem with them, I have so much love for 80s and 90s skating but I think you can continue to keep that era going without supporting people who are as awful as him, they could do everything they’re doing but not use his name, I don’t know if I’ll ever be okay with the fact that they continue to keep his legacy going, which is a shame because like I said, I really love everything else about the company.

And_so_it_goes22

• Rep: 26
« Reply #5002 on: October 04, 2022, 09:18:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I think that’s the fact that they haven’t changed is the reason I have a problem with them, I have so much love for 80s and 90s skating but I think you can continue to keep that era going without supporting people who are as awful as him, they could do everything they’re doing but not use his name, I don’t know if I’ll ever be okay with the fact that they continue to keep his legacy going, which is a shame because like I said, I really love everything else about the company.

I agree with you 100% on DP.  But I think the relationship with Skull has ended and anything they may have on the website is old stock.  The relaunched Brand X / Toxic is the newest train that he has latched onto. I have seen numerous instances on social media where people have posted concerns about his homophobic and xenophobic rants, as well as the bat shit crazy conspiracy theories like his stories that Tony Hawk is responsible for the death of his son. In response toxic just deletes the comments. 

It bums me out that over the last five or six years companies have continued to support him. I love almost everything that pocket pistols does. But I believe they were making Duane Peters boards as well for a while.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5003 on: October 05, 2022, 12:03:31 AM »
bat shit crazy conspiracy theories like his stories that Tony Hawk is responsible

What the fuck? I knew he was doing the MAGA bullshit and all that. I did not know that he was this fried

oliknight

« Reply #5004 on: October 05, 2022, 01:17:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I agree with you 100% on DP.  But I think the relationship with Skull has ended and anything they may have on the website is old stock.  The relaunched Brand X / Toxic is the newest train that he has latched onto. I have seen numerous instances on social media where people have posted concerns about his homophobic and xenophobic rants, as well as the bat shit crazy conspiracy theories like his stories that Tony Hawk is responsible for the death of his son. In response toxic just deletes the comments. 

It bums me out that over the last five or six years companies have continued to support him. I love almost everything that pocket pistols does. But I believe they were making Duane Peters boards as well for a while.

If they are just selling off old stock then that’s understandable, just the fact that there’s so much stuff led me to believe they were making new stuff and I found that a bit upsetting.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #5005 on: October 05, 2022, 01:59:00 AM »
I’m a Skull Skates fan, but the Japanese shop has some kinda right-wing fanboy ties and sell a rising sun flag hoody, which over here is akin to wearing a Confederate Flag.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Art Greco

• Rep: 14
    • Skate2Junkies avatar image
« Reply #5006 on: October 05, 2022, 03:07:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

If they are just selling off old stock then that’s understandable, just the fact that there’s so much stuff led me to believe they were making new stuff and I found that a bit upsetting.

Just my 2 cents… but I feel like DP has some serious mental/addiction issues so I’m maybe willing to cut him some slack. That dude was one of the gnarliest skaters on Earth in his day. His contribution to skateboarding is undeniable.

Granted, he has said and done terrible things since.  But, I’m trying to separate the art from the artist here.  And I can’t blame a skateboard company like Skull Skates for continuing to make DP decks if people are buying them.

But, by all means vote with your dollars if it bothers you.
What's going on over at https://skate2junkies.proboards.com/ ???

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #5007 on: October 05, 2022, 07:34:27 PM »
Thanks to so much overstock and recent sales I made myself a Christmas complete…
Heroin Mandy 9.25
Indy Hollow standard 159
Sml 54 mm

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #5008 on: October 05, 2022, 08:53:18 PM »
Thanks to so much overstock and recent sales I made myself a Christmas complete…
Heroin Mandy 9.25
Indy Hollow standard 159
Sml 54 mm

Damn that’s beautiful.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
« Reply #5009 on: October 06, 2022, 08:15:50 PM »

Black Label Elijah Akerley "SPIDER EGG" Custom Shape 9.0" x 32.25" WB 14.38"
Independent x Toy Machine 159 Standards with IKP baseplates and 90a aftermarket bushings.
Powell Peralta Dragon Formula 93a 56mm (probably around 54mm now)
Bones Super Reds Ceramics
Independent 1" hardware
Jessup Ultra

Getting used to a whole lot now: no risers, smaller wheels, different shape, and different wheelbase.