Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 548869 times)

sharkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #1110 on: April 28, 2020, 12:10:23 PM »
co-sign on the zogger hype. i love mine so much. set it up thinking i'd only want to play with it a bit and pretty much haven't touched my other 4 boards since

i put 169s on and it's perfect

the board is incredibly fun to ride, very squirrely and the shorter wheelbase i don't even mind where normally i hate anything under 14.5"

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1111 on: April 28, 2020, 01:23:30 PM »
For OK

Here you go man

Skated it with the Thunders and some 56mm Easy street Fatties. The thunders felt great on this actually. I was worried that with the short tail and thunders pushing the wb out it would be hard to pop but that was not the case at all. Popped great, turns super nice and with 1/4 risers I got no wheel bite. I think I might like the Thunders a little better on this than Indy’s but I’ll have to swap out and try again just to be sure.

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #1112 on: April 28, 2020, 01:46:32 PM »

Scram Fink 10 wide, 31 long, 14.5 wb
Venture 6.1
NFG mfg 54mm “square shape”

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1113 on: April 28, 2020, 01:56:28 PM »
Shoutout For not taking the truck stickers off.

Would love to try riding both of those

At what point did you decide 1/4” riders over 1/8”?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 02:54:29 PM by jay_nev »

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #1114 on: April 28, 2020, 02:04:33 PM »
Shoutout you two for not taking the truck stickers off.

Would love to try riding both of those

At what point did you decide 1/4” riders over 1/8”?

I ride 1/4 risers on pretty much everything as I like being high up. Tbh, I’m not sure when or why I decided to go with 1/4 over 1/8 but I think it’s mostly habit at this point

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1116
« Reply #1115 on: April 28, 2020, 02:48:28 PM »

Venture 6.1

Dude!! Thanks! So good, that’s the perfect info on both!
‘Preciate it.
Shark in, stoked to hear you thought the zogger was a good time.
Both of these options look like they’d work great with some key frames or the like, skating around and looking at shit like the creep I is. 

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #1116 on: April 28, 2020, 02:57:34 PM »
Expand Quote

Venture 6.1
[close]

Dude!! Thanks! So good, that’s the perfect info on both!
‘Preciate it.
Shark in, stoked to hear you thought the zogger was a good time.
Both of these options look like they’d work great with some key frames or the like, skating around and looking at shit like the creep I is.

No problem at all! It gave me something interesting to do today haha

For sure, Key frames would go nice with those set ups

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1117 on: April 28, 2020, 03:01:12 PM »
Send an offer on these. Just saw (not mine)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223992340707

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #1118 on: April 28, 2020, 07:28:07 PM »
Got this today. Can’t wait.

9 tapers to 8.5 14.25/14.75 Wb
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 07:42:44 PM by GumOnMyGrip »

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #1119 on: April 29, 2020, 08:39:10 AM »

Venture 6.1

Those Ventures look real nice on that wide board... I'm trying so hard not to get some 6.1s... You might have just broken  me....

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #1120 on: April 29, 2020, 08:48:38 AM »
Expand Quote

Venture 6.1
[close]

Those Ventures look real nice on that wide board... I'm trying so hard not to get some 6.1s... You might have just broken  me....

Do it! I love these things haha.

animalflesh

« Reply #1121 on: April 29, 2020, 11:11:56 AM »
This isn’t about big boards but it’s about one of the best shaped wheels I’ve ridden on a big board

I bought these last summer and for whatever reason switched them out for something else after like two sessions

Hosoi Rockets 58mm 99a
Classic shape with conical cuts inside and out

They skate and have the light pop feel of classics (maybe even lighter) and lock into grinds like conicals

Slide well too

sadheartofmine

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1122 on: April 29, 2020, 07:21:56 PM »
So I’m about to turn 33 and have skated for over 15 years. I’ve stopped the last few years cause of knee pain, but ready to get back into it. I prefer big boards, fun shapes, etc. like skating pools, parks, and transition.

I bought two decks from Street Plant. One is 8.5” popsicle and one is 9.25” (blends Matt’s H-Street King Size Board (1990) and Mike V’s World Industries Snake Board (1990) but features Modern Dimensions on a Modern Mold).

Is there a truck size that would cover both of these size boards? If so, which size? If not, should I get two different sets of trucks for each board?

I was thinking:
Indy 159s for the 8.5”?
Indy 169s for the 9.25”?
Or hopefully one would cover both?

Thanks in advance, guys!

lysdexia

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1123 on: April 29, 2020, 08:45:51 PM »
i reckon with the right wheels you'd get away with 159s on both

Onevia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #1124 on: April 29, 2020, 08:59:49 PM »
So I’m about to turn 33 and have skated for over 15 years. I’ve stopped the last few years cause of knee pain, but ready to get back into it. I prefer big boards, fun shapes, etc. like skating pools, parks, and transition.

I bought two decks from Street Plant. One is 8.5” popsicle and one is 9.25” (blends Matt’s H-Street King Size Board (1990) and Mike V’s World Industries Snake Board (1990) but features Modern Dimensions on a Modern Mold).

Is there a truck size that would cover both of these size boards? If so, which size? If not, should I get two different sets of trucks for each board?

I was thinking:
Indy 159s for the 8.5”?
Indy 169s for the 9.25”?
Or hopefully one would cover both?

Thanks in advance, guys!
Is this the board?
https://www.streetplant.com/collections/skateboards/products/m-m-skates-9-25

If so, it says in the description that the recommended truck size is 149 (8.5").

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #1125 on: April 29, 2020, 09:08:08 PM »
i reckon with the right wheels you'd get away with 159s on both

Yeah 159s are great and my favorite truck. 169s are super fun but you might need a wider board. even 149s with right wheels would work on both. I’d get all three and start watching YouTube videos on how to fix your knees. The best skating is ahead of you.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1126 on: April 30, 2020, 05:38:50 AM »

Venture 6.1
Idk how you can skate trucks with that sticker on guys.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1127 on: April 30, 2020, 10:56:45 AM »

KindaBoard

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1128 on: April 30, 2020, 11:16:10 AM »
Seeking some help with finding a new deck to go with a set of Independent 215s I have. Currently paired them with a Krooked Rat Stick but the nonexistent nose and the small wheelbase make transition skating and ollies less than ideal. Trying to find something 9.5" or wider with a decently sized nose and minimal taper. I've been looking at the Antihero Ol' Yeller, Scram Grave Digger, Scram Fink, and $lave War Pig. Would appreciate some input from anyone who has skated these boards or have deck recommendations they liked skating with 215s.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 773
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1129 on: April 30, 2020, 11:25:37 AM »
Expand Quote

Venture 6.1
[close]

They're actually stuck onto the hanger pretty good, and it's not really worth taking them off. I sold
Sundaynuggets those Thunders on his other setup.

Seeking some help with finding a new deck to go with a set of Independent 215s I have. Currently paired them with a Krooked Rat Stick but the nonexistent nose and the small wheelbase make transition skating and ollies less than ideal. Trying to find something 9.5" or wider with a decently sized nose and minimal taper. I've been looking at the Antihero Ol' Yeller, Scram Grave Digger, Scram Fink, and $lave War Pig. Would appreciate some input from anyone who has skated these boards or have deck recommendations they liked skating with 215s.

Black Label just released this guy, maybe you'll like it? 10"x32.875" with adjustable 15.5"/16" WB. I skated this shape before, it was fun but personally it was kinda heavy for me since I'm a smaller person.

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #1130 on: April 30, 2020, 11:35:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Venture 6.1
[close]
[close]

They're actually stuck onto the hanger pretty good, and it's not really worth taking them off. I sold

Expand Quote
[close]

Black Label just released this guy, maybe you'll like it? 10"x32.875" with adjustable 15.5"/16" WB. I skated this shape before, it was fun but personally it was kinda heavy for me since I'm a smaller person.

True, plus I kind of like how the stickers look on there anyway. Also, thanks again for the thunders man, so good on that Zip Zogger!

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #1131 on: April 30, 2020, 12:52:16 PM »
Now I want a Zogger

animalflesh

« Reply #1132 on: April 30, 2020, 02:08:53 PM »

Scram 90s shape for proper function

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 773
« Reply #1133 on: April 30, 2020, 04:36:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Venture 6.1
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

True, plus I kind of like how the stickers look on there anyway. Also, thanks again for the thunders man, so good on that Zip Zogger!

No problem  :)

Uncle Poseur

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1134 on: April 30, 2020, 06:33:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Venture 6.1
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

No problem  :)

Just throwing it out there. I've got one of those Black Label Thumbhead decks. It's be best cruiser/tranny deck I've ever had. Slap some Indy 215s on that bad boy and you're set!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 06:36:32 PM by Uncle Poseur »

Onevia

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1135 on: April 30, 2020, 07:50:39 PM »
The Ol' Yeller has a truck width of 9.75"/ 9.5" F/ R. I think the 215's would be slightly poking in the rear.

*Edit: Shit nvm.
Looks like 215's fit the Ol' Yeller pretty nicely:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 08:42:32 PM by Onevia »

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #1136 on: April 30, 2020, 08:20:12 PM »
i have that black label shape and it feels gigantic compared to my winkowski. i redrilled it to 15” and gave it wheel wells too. its a great cruiser
🤙

BL0B

• Rep: 420
« Reply #1137 on: April 30, 2020, 08:46:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The Ol' Yeller has a truck width of 9.75"/ 9.5" F/ R. I think the 215's would be slightly poking in the rear.

i rode an Ol yeller with the last verison of 215's and some pretty wide wheels, don't recall anything sticking out, no hot rodding.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1138 on: April 30, 2020, 08:56:46 PM »
No risers + 215 + 56mm .. I’d imagine that would wheelbite like crazy? Guess it’s about the bushings too. That’s a tank thi. Makes me want the green giant for my 169

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1139 on: April 30, 2020, 09:30:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

not the perfect thread for this but i think truck size is a fucking joke. running an 8.25 with 151s and conical fulls and the wheels barely poke out, nevermind the axles
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo