Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 533626 times)

Sk8 Hawaii and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

djoekr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 290
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #5280 on: January 24, 2023, 03:18:02 PM »
Thanx buddy yeah it’s actually a sheet of grip that came that way and I just cut it up (::

Ah, looks good to me! I really dislike prefab graphic grip, but anytime I've seen people cut up a graphic sheet it looks sick. Might have to keep that in mind if I ever want to go all out on a grip job.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

animalflesh

« Reply #5281 on: January 24, 2023, 04:10:56 PM »
I just look at it as a texture you know?

Obviously some graphics or colors don’t look good but if it’s got an overall good color and pattern I’ll grab it sometimes

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5282 on: January 24, 2023, 04:48:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Also, only dlx decks have the Roman numeral,
Not all bbs decks.
[close]

Yeh, but last I checked Anti Hero were definitely a DLX brand.

Expand Quote

Don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I'm based in Europe. I think I've had 3 decks that were marked with a number out of approximately 15 decks.
[close]

This is what I think too. Or maybe we only get the I’s and they’re harder to see.

I wish online shopping permitted selection of different presses, cause then I could add a new level of madness, now that I’m pretty much over truck, wheel and bearings/spacer madness.
[close]

I’m in Finland and have bought a whole bunch of DLX decks all around Europe and since the introduction of the number system I haven’t had a single one without the number pressed on there.

Pretty sure your deck is a I or then it could be several years old too but I don’t think that’s very likely. Of course there’s always an off chance of it having been left out by mistake.
[close]

Kiitos!
It is quite possible that mine has been sitting around in a warehouse. I’m in Denmark, and i bought it from the Danish branch of the British Skatepro online shop. And it was discounted some. Not many skaters here, and most ride smaller boards.
It’s a great board anyhow, and it seems legit enough.

During the pandemic quite a few orange eagles didn't get the stamp, as per three I picked up in 2021 that might have been going elsewhere for other brands, but were pulled and reallocated to DLX in BBS.  That is the theory anyway.  They are the same wood, same concave, same everything only the warning sticker is right in the middle of the bolts over the dot, where most boards have them, compared to the DLX boards that are above the bolts so people can see what number the board is.

At that time the orange eagle was near impossible to get, along with quite a few other shapes, especially in the bigger sizes, so I was stoked to grab them and I think I just happened to be in the right place at the right time when stock arrived.

I also happen on some older stock now and then too, although it is increasingly difficult to find any boards pre press position stamp nowdays, but some shops have had some boards sitting around in clearance bins or even in the back room or whatever, that people might not notice so much if they have the generic eagle graphic, compared to something that is easily dated for a specific run.

People in places other than USA would often have a significant delay on product too, eg I am in Australia, others in Europe or harder to reach places might also have some similar things.

Not a worry either way, as pretty much every single board for the last four or five years has had the press position stamp for DLX boards, but there have been the other occasional brand that ended up with some boards marked for DLX that were reallocated, eg a Heated Wheel board had a III stamp I saw not too long ago and I think there was another one someone had taken a pic of and sent to me, but I can't remember the brand now.

Funny really, but they are all legit boards from BBS woodshop.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Creachteach

• Rep: 110
« Reply #5283 on: January 24, 2023, 09:55:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Also, only dlx decks have the Roman numeral,
Not all bbs decks.
[close]

Yeh, but last I checked Anti Hero were definitely a DLX brand.

Expand Quote

Don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I'm based in Europe. I think I've had 3 decks that were marked with a number out of approximately 15 decks.
[close]

This is what I think too. Or maybe we only get the I’s and they’re harder to see.

I wish online shopping permitted selection of different presses, cause then I could add a new level of madness, now that I’m pretty much over truck, wheel and bearings/spacer madness.
[close]

I’m in Finland and have bought a whole bunch of DLX decks all around Europe and since the introduction of the number system I haven’t had a single one without the number pressed on there.

Pretty sure your deck is a I or then it could be several years old too but I don’t think that’s very likely. Of course there’s always an off chance of it having been left out by mistake.
[close]

Kiitos!
It is quite possible that mine has been sitting around in a warehouse. I’m in Denmark, and i bought it from the Danish branch of the British Skatepro online shop. And it was discounted some. Not many skaters here, and most ride smaller boards.
It’s a great board anyhow, and it seems legit enough.
[close]

During the pandemic quite a few orange eagles didn't get the stamp, as per three I picked up in 2021 that might have been going elsewhere for other brands, but were pulled and reallocated to DLX in BBS.  That is the theory anyway.  They are the same wood, same concave, same everything only the warning sticker is right in the middle of the bolts over the dot, where most boards have them, compared to the DLX boards that are above the bolts so people can see what number the board is.

At that time the orange eagle was near impossible to get, along with quite a few other shapes, especially in the bigger sizes, so I was stoked to grab them and I think I just happened to be in the right place at the right time when stock arrived.

I also happen on some older stock now and then too, although it is increasingly difficult to find any boards pre press position stamp nowdays, but some shops have had some boards sitting around in clearance bins or even in the back room or whatever, that people might not notice so much if they have the generic eagle graphic, compared to something that is easily dated for a specific run.

People in places other than USA would often have a significant delay on product too, eg I am in Australia, others in Europe or harder to reach places might also have some similar things.

Not a worry either way, as pretty much every single board for the last four or five years has had the press position stamp for DLX boards, but there have been the other occasional brand that ended up with some boards marked for DLX that were reallocated, eg a Heated Wheel board had a III stamp I saw not too long ago and I think there was another one someone had taken a pic of and sent to me, but I can't remember the brand now.

Funny really, but they are all legit boards from BBS woodshop.

Thanks man! My tits have been significantly calmed by you telling me this. I think it’s exactly one of those cases you’ve described.
But now I’m starting to doubt if it actually is just a very faint “I” I see in my pictures.
Who TF knows? I’m a dumb noob-kook. Just happy I got what I ordered.
Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

animalflesh

« Reply #5284 on: January 25, 2023, 08:00:51 AM »
One final important addition

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5285 on: January 25, 2023, 08:09:46 AM »

Thanks man! My tits have been significantly calmed by you telling me this. I think it’s exactly one of those cases you’ve described.
But now I’m starting to doubt if it actually is just a very faint “I” I see in my pictures.
Who TF knows? I’m a dumb noob-kook. Just happy I got what I ordered.

Some of the more recent stamps have definitely been very hard to see, but are still there, with a "I" probably being the hardest, whereas "IV" which I try to find are probably the easiest to see, even when mis stamped.  Most are pretty clear though and I can feel them with a fingernail easily enough too, if it is hard to see or there is a price sticker over that area, as per a couple of shops that always do that.

The joys of checking every single board I see, in any place I go.

PRISON IKE

• Rep: 37
  • Flex seal, but for genitalia
« Reply #5286 on: January 25, 2023, 09:36:11 AM »
One final important addition

Fuck, that Lone Gunmen sticker really ties the whole room together!
I’d skin my knee and palms so bad on my buddy’s jump ramp with that thing.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #5287 on: January 27, 2023, 03:40:13 AM »
Might be other better threads for this but looks like blast has their 10" boards again
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn6V2pIIxPO/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Bruiser603

• Rep: 10
« Reply #5288 on: January 27, 2023, 06:56:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Just ordered my first 9" skateboard.  I've gone up as far as 8.88 and usually skate 8.75.  I love the newish line of Dead Dave graphics from Heroin, so I had to order one.
[close]

I liked the new Dave series a lot too. Got the same graphic, but I came from a long time of skating the 10 inch Mutants, so it felt really weird to be back on a popsicle again. The first session felt so sketch, but I was able to pop my tricks higher. Riding Indys again after 6 months of just my Ace 77s didn't really make this proces any easier, but during the second session everything felt familiar already. I never have trouble sizing up, but sizing down and adjusting to that feels terrible.

Very cool, I'm bouncing between indy's and ace's too.  Though a size or two down 159 and 60 af1's.  I didn't bother sizing my indy's up for the 9" because my wheels stick out so much they should be flush with the 9".  What are your thoughts on the razor top (??) thing Heroin does?  I've gripped the board up and stood on it and my first though was this would give super shinners.  I am super stoked to ride it though, and I'm tempted if all goes well to buy a few more just because I get such a kick out of the graphics in this newer line.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #5289 on: January 28, 2023, 01:31:19 PM »
[X-Post from Set-up thread]

Polar Dane 1 9.75”/14.125WB
Indy Hollow 159
Spitfire F4 classic 52mm
Bones Swiss
Pepper Grip
Generic Bolts

disclosed

• Rep: 168
« Reply #5290 on: January 29, 2023, 08:31:54 AM »
bit the bullet and got one of the new Blast decks. now i really wanna try the new wood and set it up as me next board. but i also going on a trip soon and probably rather ride a shape i already know i like and skate the best on when traveling.
so i'm stuck on deciding if i set this up next or just do another Heroin Mutant.

this 9.5 Mutant Smasher is really cool to me casue i absolutely loved the Kaiju inspired figure they did back then and still regret not buying one. aswell as the original and japanese Smahers beeing some of my favorite boardgraphics of them.
and this shape is one they did a couple times before too and i wanted to try it for a while.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

set it up this week, a couple sessions in now im still not quite sure about this deck. the wood itself feels good. it doesnt have a rocker like the Gnosis boards had. but i didn't care for that anyway.
i do like that now they use actually dyed plies again instead of that wierd painting they did that made the plain wood color come through after a couple slides on the Gnosis decks.

my main issue is the nose beeing really short throwing me off after skating Curb Killers and Dead Dave's all year. i just can't get noseslides on this and my foot slipped off a couple times too. on the other hand crooks have never been this easy. makes me wonder if big noses drag more on crooks?
also notice i pop my 180s much better on this board. maybe the loonger tail or lighter weight play into that.

i still got 5 weeks to figure out if i wanna commit to taking this board with me on my trip, or just set up a fresh Dead Dave before i leave.

djoekr

« Reply #5291 on: January 30, 2023, 01:21:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just ordered my first 9" skateboard.  I've gone up as far as 8.88 and usually skate 8.75.  I love the newish line of Dead Dave graphics from Heroin, so I had to order one.
[close]

I liked the new Dave series a lot too. Got the same graphic, but I came from a long time of skating the 10 inch Mutants, so it felt really weird to be back on a popsicle again. The first session felt so sketch, but I was able to pop my tricks higher. Riding Indys again after 6 months of just my Ace 77s didn't really make this proces any easier, but during the second session everything felt familiar already. I never have trouble sizing up, but sizing down and adjusting to that feels terrible.
[close]

Very cool, I'm bouncing between indy's and ace's too.  Though a size or two down 159 and 60 af1's.  I didn't bother sizing my indy's up for the 9" because my wheels stick out so much they should be flush with the 9".  What are your thoughts on the razor top (??) thing Heroin does?  I've gripped the board up and stood on it and my first though was this would give super shinners.  I am super stoked to ride it though, and I'm tempted if all goes well to buy a few more just because I get such a kick out of the graphics in this newer line.

I also like 159s on 9" popsicles. I like the tiny bit of magic carpet I get with them, but I do add an extra washer on the inside to make it a bit more flush with the deck.

Also I'm kinda neutral on the razortop. I've had a lot of Heroin decks with/without it and I don't really notice any difference if I'm honest. You can feel a tiny difference in fliptricks and shuvs, but it's not that big of a change. Shinners don't hurt worse than a normal finish, so I wouldn't be worrying about that. The only really noticeable difference to me was how it's easier to grip a deck that's got the razortop.

my main issue is the nose beeing really short throwing me off after skating Curb Killers and Dead Dave's all year. i just can't get noseslides on this and my foot slipped off a couple times too. on the other hand crooks have never been this easy. makes me wonder if big noses drag more on crooks?
also notice i pop my 180s much better on this board. maybe the loonger tail or lighter weight play into that.

i still got 5 weeks to figure out if i wanna commit to taking this board with me on my trip, or just set up a fresh Dead Dave before i leave.

Totally feel this. The Mutant has a huge nose, so switching to any other deck will make it feel so tiny. The first 3 sessions on a 9" Polar popsicle felt like skating a 7.5 after skating two Mutants back to back.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 07:52:05 AM by djoekr »
Skateboarding is a joke

It's not that serious -

djoekr

« Reply #5292 on: January 30, 2023, 01:22:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I also like 159s on 9" popsicles. I like the tiny bit of magic carpet I get with them, but I do add an extra washer on the inside to make it a tiny bit more flush with the deck.

Also I'm kinda neutral on the razortop. I've had a lot of Heroin decks with/without it and I don't really notice any difference if I'm honest. You can feel a tiny difference in fliptricks and shuvs, but it's not that big of a change. Shinners don't hurt worse than a normal finish, so I wouldn't be worrying about that. The only really noticeable difference to me was how it's easier to grip a deck that's got the razortop.

Expand Quote

[close]

Totally feel this. The Mutant has a huge nose, so switching to any other deck will make it feel so tiny. The first 3 sessions on a 9" Polar popsicle felt like skating a 7.5 after skating two Mutants back to back.
Skateboarding is a joke

It's not that serious -

djoekr

« Reply #5293 on: January 30, 2023, 01:24:40 AM »

I also like 159s on 9" popsicles. I like the tiny bit of magic carpet I get with them, but I do add an extra washer on the inside to make it a bit more flush with the deck.

Skateboarding is a joke

It's not that serious -

Bruiser603

• Rep: 10
« Reply #5294 on: January 30, 2023, 11:31:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks for the feedback, it did help gripping the board.  I also never thought of adding an additional washer on the truck side, I'm going to do that.  I prefer flush or slightly sticking out.

ToshiroTownune

• Rep: 70
« Reply #5295 on: January 30, 2023, 04:07:57 PM »
Different opinion: I've had some epic shinners with the razor top and now sand it down to regular style before gripping any boards.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5296 on: January 30, 2023, 05:00:35 PM »
Different opinion: I've had some epic shinners with the razor top and now sand it down to regular style before gripping any boards.

Same.

I had a couple of variants on that edge (Antihero old man edge, Heroin razortop) and between chips and other issues, I would rather get a board with a normal edge.

Was it on some or all of them now that have the kicks rounded off like normal and just the middle rail area still razortop or is it the whole way round the top of the board?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #5297 on: January 30, 2023, 11:06:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same.

I had a couple of variants on that edge (Antihero old man edge, Heroin razortop) and between chips and other issues, I would rather get a board with a normal edge.

Was it on some or all of them now that have the kicks rounded off like normal and just the middle rail area still razortop or is it the whole way round the top of the board?

I think “razor top” is the one with the sharp edge going round the board and “razor edge” is just the sides.

I’ve had one board with it. Gripping that board was difficult. I was slicing wood off. Other than that I can’t say it did much anything for me. It was on the widest board I’ve ever skated though so that might have an effect. I did notice it but didn’t mind or find any advantages.

djoekr

« Reply #5298 on: January 31, 2023, 12:16:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same.

All recent decks I've seen from them have the kicks rounded off, which makes the extra chipping not that noticeable. I'm indifferent to it, but some people seem to like it. Grosso always skated a similarity top ply as well.

A recent trend I do not like, are wheel wells. All my Polar and Heroin decks had wheel wells that were very visibly uneven, and I always get bad chips at the thinner parts of the deck. I've never had any problems with wheelbite, so I'd rather just have a normal deck.
Skateboarding is a joke

It's not that serious -

disclosed

• Rep: 168
« Reply #5299 on: January 31, 2023, 07:20:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Same.

[close]

All recent decks I've seen from them have the kicks rounded off, which makes the extra chipping not that noticeable. I'm indifferent to it, but some people seem to like it. Grosso always skated a similarity top ply as well.

A recent trend I do not like, are wheel wells. All my Polar and Heroin decks had wheel wells that were very visibly uneven, and I always get bad chips at the thinner parts of the deck. I've never had any problems with wheelbite, so I'd rather just have a normal deck.

razor edge also makes the actual standing surface of a deck a little wider. thats one i notice but probably mostly visially.

i hate how wheel wells look. and also have smashed the thin parts where its super weak yeah. its creating more problems than it solves for me as a heavy wheelbiter. i'll also still wheelbite a ton with wheelwells. (and 1/4th'' risers and just measured, 50mm wheels.)
i gotta loose some weight maybe.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5300 on: January 31, 2023, 03:00:02 PM »

I think “razor top” is the one with the sharp edge going round the board and “razor edge” is just the sides.

I’ve had one board with it. Gripping that board was difficult. I was slicing wood off. Other than that I can’t say it did much anything for me. It was on the widest board I’ve ever skated though so that might have an effect. I did notice it but didn’t mind or find any advantages.

Yeah that makes sense.  Funny how much attention I pay to some brands and all the little details, but some others I often forget or don't follow anywhere as much with all the ins and outs.

Thanks!

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Same.

[close]

[close]

razor edge also makes the actual standing surface of a deck a little wider. thats one i notice but probably mostly visially.

i hate how wheel wells look. and also have smashed the thin parts where its super weak yeah. its creating more problems than it solves for me as a heavy wheelbiter. i'll also still wheelbite a ton with wheelwells. (and 1/4th'' risers and just measured, 50mm wheels.)
i gotta loose some weight maybe.

The most curious thing with wheel wells is that with different trucks, they can sometimes be in the right place, or sometimes in the wrong place, even down to how much trucks turn, with or without risers, big wheels or small, so it can easily not line up with everything else that someone has on their board.

Also interesting to hear that you guys have had that area chip or weaken - any boards broken through that area in particular?

I have made some very ugly wheel wells on cruiser boards but they were old decks and I just wanted the extra clearance, but to have them new on a main board, I can see the frustrations some people have there.

PRISON IKE

« Reply #5301 on: January 31, 2023, 06:27:07 PM »
Cross post from the setup thread

Santa Cruz Remillard 9.25 x 32
Indy 169 Hollows with Bones Hard Bushings
Indy Allen Hardware
Bones Reds
Spitfire 52mm OG Classics
Jessup
Etnies Windrow Vulcs

Going out of town for work so I set up a fresh piece. Only pushed around the driveway but it feels like a skateboard.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #5302 on: January 31, 2023, 11:32:38 PM »

Indy Allen Hardware
Bones Reds
Jessup
Etnies Windrow Vulcs

Going out of town for work so I set up a fresh piece. Only pushed around the driveway but it feels like a skateboard.

is the nose shorter than the tail?

PRISON IKE

« Reply #5303 on: February 01, 2023, 01:28:39 PM »
Expand Quote

Indy Allen Hardware
Bones Reds
Jessup
Etnies Windrow Vulcs

[close]

is the nose shorter than the tail?
Nah just a bad angle. It does look like it in the picture for sure. I think the tail being a little more square and the nose a bit pointy probably amplifies that appearance.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #5304 on: February 02, 2023, 01:07:16 PM »

Black Label Thumbhead Stacked 9" x 32.62" with 14.5" wheelbase
Thunder 161 standard with aftermarket Thunder 94a bushings
Spitfire Radial Full 58mm 97a radial full
Bones Super Reds Ceramics
Real Thunder 1" riser pads
Indy 1" hardware
Jessup Ultra
Santa Cruz Slimeline rails

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5305 on: February 02, 2023, 04:16:16 PM »
[img

I had seen they had reduced the 9" from the usual BBS (orange eagle 9 x 33, 15 wb) down to the shorter, but way more normal length and wheelbase.

That looks like it adds up really well for someone who doesn't want quite as long a board but still wanted a good width.

Looks like a good shape, nice big round tail too.

Can I be that guy and ask for a top pic please?

Thanks.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #5306 on: February 02, 2023, 06:18:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[img

[close]
http://I had seen they had reduced the 9" from the usual BBS (orange eagle 9 x 33, 15 wb) down to the shorter, but way more normal length and wheelbase.

That looks like it adds up really well for someone who doesn't want quite as long a board but still wanted a good width.

Looks like a good shape, nice big round tail too.

Can I be that guy and ask for a top pic please?

Thanks.

Please excuse the atrocious grip job, blade and grip weren't getting along today.

Nose is 7.25", tail is 7" (measured starting from between closest bolt holes, on the top ply)

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5307 on: February 02, 2023, 06:30:08 PM »

Please excuse the atrocious grip job, blade and grip weren't getting along today.

Nose is 7.25", tail is 7" (measured starting from between closest bolt holes, on the top ply)

Not a worry.

I can easily see the outline of the board and stoked it doesn't have a pointy little tail like some other boards of similar proportions.  That was the main thing.  A wide board with short to medium wheelbase and short pointy tail seems to be quite common and is a deal breaker for me.

Much appreciated!

Creachteach

• Rep: 110
« Reply #5308 on: February 03, 2023, 07:58:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not a worry.

I can easily see the outline of the board and stoked it doesn't have a pointy little tail like some other boards of similar proportions.  That was the main thing.  A wide board with short to medium wheelbase and short pointy tail seems to be quite common and is a deal breaker for me.

Much appreciated!

That board looks sick in a good way!
I’m still quite new to skateboarding and dimensions, so I wouldn’t understand how anyone could be looking for something completely different than me and why no-one makes the perfect board for me.

Having skated the Orange eagle for a couple of weeks now, I have narrowed my FOV in regards to boards. It’s a great board, very durable. I like the long wheelbase, but I don’t need the kicks that long. I mean c’mon, the kicks almost make up half the board. 7,25” nose and 7” tail vs 15” wheelbase.

I could see my next board being a shape, as they tend towards longer wheelbases but shorter overall but would do a pop in the right dims in a heartbeat.

Currently I have narrowed it down to boards with 15” wheelbase, and tails and noses around the 6,75” - and total length around 32”. Nose length isn’t really that important, as I don’t really do a lot of tricks off it yet. I prefer mellower kicks and flat to medium concave.
Picture just for reference. I like the madness and frog boards the most, but I don’t know anything about how they skate.

Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #5309 on: February 03, 2023, 12:39:53 PM »

9.0 x 32 x 13.75 Quasi Egg
6.1 Venture
58 Spitfire F4 OG classic shape
Reds
Some bolts
Jessup

I have a love hate relationship with the quasi egg. I don't really get to skate enough to run astray from my beloved boxy ps stix 8.5 x 32.125 x 14.25 on venture 5.8s but here I am. This is my second and some days I love it and some I hate it. I just cracked the tail on my last one. Not this past weekend but the one before I had a good time skating it at the skate park on a saturday then went back to the park on a sunday and couldn't ollie on it but it might have just been my legs. I've been working this weird shift that's 1 am to like 11 am mon - fri (it was a multiyear project and on Central European Time and I live in NJ that I'm just wrapping up but I start regular 8 am shift on this Monday) and I'm 32 and I sit in a desk chair for long hours and I have a one year old who rules and deserves all my time, so not really that much skating lately and my legs can tell. My legs feel 1 billion years old. Plus on top of that I was never very good lol. I just got a yoga mat and a below the desk pedal thing and started using a foam roller again this week. Going to start maybe trying to eat healthier and perhaps slow down on my alcohol consumption but that's not as likely. Either way it always feels good to get outside and push around even if I'm feeling extra awkward on my board.

I moved into the house next door (same landlord - needed more room for my wife and baby and home office, etc.) and since moving they've done a lot of work in the parking lot behind my old house and it's made the ground a bit rougher - really eats up a board - still awesome to push around back there. I have a box and a quarterpipe in the furnace room in the basement of this house that I want to go in and get to skate but I sort of don't want to scare the tenants who moved into my old apartment anymore than I already do just yet. Either way set this guy up and went out really quick at golden hour when my wife and daughter went to my sister in laws. Put the phone down for a little and filmed a brief moment of my flat ground where most of the tricks I did were completely out of frame because I'm a dope. Either way this is a ton to write about a board I don't know if I like and I'm 100% rambling. Go Birds! Mind the poor nollie flip and slow speed on the only three things I did almost in frame, it's on a bit of an incline and I'm working on getting my legs back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Leh7Px1_5jw