Author Topic: An unseen threat to street skateboarding  (Read 18789 times)

S.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
    • Fotos avatar image
Re: An unseen threat to street skateboarding
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2023, 09:05:32 AM »
It totally could happen, BUT…
I really think we are gonna fuck up this world so bad that by the time that technology it’s working “everywhere” we’ll be more worried about riots, poverty, diseases and wars than dudes skating the spot (if there’s still some spots to skate)

It’s been published that for 2050 the biggest cause of dead will be associated with bacterial resistance to meds. YES NUMBER ONE IN THE WORLD.

where did you read that? www.covidisahoax.com? It's a problem that some doctors prescribe antibiotics way too quickly, but it is not going to be that bad. New meds are constanly being developed. My brother has cystic fibrosis and has been on antibiotics for most of his life. When one of them has stopped working, they were always able to give him a different one that did work.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 09:30:20 AM by S. »

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2023, 09:21:06 AM »
Expand Quote
It totally could happen, BUT…
I really think we are gonna fuck up this world so bad that by the time that technology it’s working “everywhere” we’ll be more worried about riots, poverty, diseases and wars than dudes skating the spot (if there’s still some spots to skate)

It’s been published that for 2050 the biggest cause of dead will be associated with bacterial resistance to meds. YES NUMBER ONE IN THE WORLD.
[close]

where did you read that? www.covidisahoax.com? It's a problem that some doctors prescribe antibiotics way too quickly, but it is not going to be that bad. No meds are constanly being developed. My brother has cystic fibrosis and has been on antibiotics for most of his life. When one of them has stopped working, they were always able to give him a different one that did work.

I heard somewhere that they started using artificial intelligence to design new antibiotics.  So it comes up with these brand new molecules that actually work in the real world.  It’s pretty insane.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2023, 09:29:34 AM »
you cant go somewhere in england without being on a CCTV camera. thats how bad it is

Yes, British surveilance is crazy: Fuck those cynical sticker that say "smile you're on CCTV"! Has CCTV actually lowered crime rates?
In Germany we have a fairly strong data protection movement, which so far has been able to prevent some of the worst surveilance measures. However, secrect service agencies have access to almost all internet information anyways (even to private cameras, if they are connected to the internt) as Snowdon has shown. Luckily not much of it can be used in court right now.

I see a rise of surveilance technology and automatic policing in Europe, unless some serious measures are taken to reverse economic inequality. This has already happened in the US, where in the past decades the prison system has basicly replaced social welfare and public health care. There are 2.2 million Americans in prison/jail right now being closely watched for 24 hours (and they still manage to commit crimes!).

A credit score system and mass surveilance scares the shit out of me! What's fucked up, is that quite alot of young people seem to feel safe being closely controlled and even ask for more control and constant "optimization of their potential". There is still alot of talk about freedom, but I feel people don't even know what that is anymore. Many people seem seriously scared of not being technologically regualated or having a social framework for acceptable and unacceptable behavior. Sitting around, unwatched, bored and then consciously deciding on what to do for the afternoon is a luxery less and less people are able to experience.

Whatever, I am getting old.

CrappybsflipDownthe5stair

• Rep: 8
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2023, 09:47:03 AM »
you cant go somewhere in england without being on a CCTV camera. thats how bad it is

Not quite. This is from an old study which showed huge amounts of cctv in London. Most of this is private CCTV though, and not the sort of big data centralised stuff you see in China.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1506
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2023, 09:59:40 AM »
It’s going to suck when the cctv records you then they send out armed robot dogs to make you stop or apprehend you.

https://www.aclu.org/news/privacy-technology/robot-police-dogs-are-here-should-we-be-worried

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2023, 11:19:49 AM »
This is old, but a good description of what we may lose as surveillance ramps up:
"Driving to the panopticon: A philosophical exploration of the risks to privacy posed by the highway technology of the future"
by JH Reiman
https://digitalcommons.law.scu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1174&context=chtlj

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2023, 11:44:03 AM »
We will all learn to adopt a public and private persona, both with assumed aliases, identifying information and physical appearance.  In the public world, I am Terrance, gainfully employed tax-payer, rule follower and patriot.  In private, I strap on a prosthetic chin and am Zao54, black hat anarchist hacker and mercenary, payable in Bitcoin or bricks of fentanyl.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

MtnDoucheBag

• Rep: -105
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2023, 12:07:25 PM »
We will all learn to adopt a public and private persona, both with assumed aliases, identifying information and physical appearance.  In the public world, I am Terrance, gainfully employed tax-payer, rule follower and patriot.  In private, I strap on a prosthetic chin and am Zao54, black hat anarchist hacker and mercenary, payable in Bitcoin or bricks of fentanyl.

This is true.

Also, you might want to invest in a clone of yourself (or several). Put each of you on all parts of the globe, confuse the hell out em’.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2023, 01:11:05 PM »

I thought juicy j prophesied that 2050 was the year of trippy individuals

In all seriousness it’s wild how quickly shits changed from the time of the original post
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

usehername720

• Rep: 6
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2023, 01:30:18 PM »
Getting a ticket with a pic of yourself in a fresh fit mid trick would be hard af

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2023, 01:41:09 PM »
THEY can also analyze your gait if you are wearing a mask. Not far off to imagine big data can analyzed your push and take your board away if your social credit score drops.

That’s why I always walk differently when I’m committing crimes

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2023, 01:41:55 PM »
Expand Quote
THEY can also analyze your gait if you are wearing a mask. Not far off to imagine big data can analyzed your push and take your board away if your social credit score drops.
[close]

That’s why I always walk differently when I’m committing crimes

A walk with extra swagger
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

a1d

« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2023, 01:53:42 PM »
Getting a ticket with a pic of yourself in a fresh fit mid trick would be hard af
don't give nyjah any graphic ideas

Wienerboy

• Rep: -105
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2023, 01:54:31 PM »
It’s going to suck when the cctv records you then they send out armed robot dogs to make you stop or apprehend you.

https://www.aclu.org/news/privacy-technology/robot-police-dogs-are-here-should-we-be-worried

I'll bet this is absolutely going to happen so thanks a lot for putting it out there
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

Perforated Opinions

• Rep: -198
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2023, 03:32:58 PM »
Pin this thread and give this guy TKP a bottle of sparkling wine.

greenbeans

« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2023, 03:53:44 PM »
This could have been avoided by simply electing not to upload pictures of my face to the internet.
God i wish i never did it. Fuckin internet ruined America.

Stupid people ruined the internet