Author Topic: Skateboarding conspiracies thread  (Read 175253 times)

SOTY

Re: Skateboarding conspiracies thread
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2018, 10:28:20 AM »
His name is Wilfred DesOrmeaux.

Jacob Gary

« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2018, 10:34:55 AM »
Chris Cole, Peter Raymondetta, and Elijah Berle are prime examples. Alex Olson's real name is Alex Parker and Sean Pablo's real name is Sean Murphy lol.

Are you sure that Alex's real name isn't Olson? I was under the impression that he used Parker when he first started getting flow so that people wouldn't associate him with his dad.

Then he stopped being a punk bitch.

zzz

« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2018, 10:40:14 AM »
I remember reading that van wastells team mates were acting like bitches about his drug use, maybe hiding them from him, and that was like the straw that broke the camels back and he suicided. Something like that.

Lenny the Fatface

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2018, 10:58:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Chris Cole, Peter Raymondetta, and Elijah Berle are prime examples. Alex Olson's real name is Alex Parker and Sean Pablo's real name is Sean Murphy lol.
[close]

Are you sure that Alex's real name isn't Olson? I was under the impression that he used Parker when he first started getting flow so that people wouldn't associate him with his dad.

Based on what Ive heard in interviews Parker was his mama's name who had custody of him until his teens, he changed it to Olson for notoriety. He didn't like saying his dad was Steve Olson when he was learning how to skate because people confused him with the Shorty's version.

Jacob Gary

« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2018, 11:00:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Based on what Ive heard in interviews Parker was his mama's name who had custody of him until his teens, he changed it to Olson for notoriety. He didn't like saying his dad was Steve Olson when he was learning how to skate because people confused him with the Shorty's version.

Rad, thanks Lenny.

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2018, 11:30:17 AM »
Steve Olson invented the slappy in 1980

Jeff Tatum could've been a huge deal but he was too weird to get marketed

Blender deserves more that verbal blowjobs for  his service to our fair artsport

Truck bashes have existed since the 80's but all of the sudden that's the hot shit

All of the most gnarly tricks went down on the most fucked set ups
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

micky682

« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2018, 12:00:24 PM »
So Van killed himself?

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2018, 12:08:31 PM »
Steve Olson invented the slappy in 1980

Jeff Tatum could've been a huge deal but he was too weird to get marketed

Blender deserves more that verbal blowjobs for  his service to our fair artsport

Truck bashes have existed since the 80's but all of the sudden that's the hot shit

All of the most gnarly tricks went down on the most fucked set ups

watches grossos love letters once

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2018, 12:22:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Think's demise, I had heard from reps for High Speed back when it was the Funzalida fiasco, was just Greg Carrol and Keith Cochrane (or whoever was calling the shots) wanting it to be fresh rather than hesh. Once Wade, the Butcher, and Pete the Ox were all gone they couldn't wait to swap over to Krooked, the newest DLX company. Not really a Producers-esque conspiracy, but just a couple of idiots making bad choices.

Which would lead to the whole thing with DLX (Real, Anti-Hero, Spitfire, Thunder, Krooked...), High Speed (Think, Lucky, Venture) as well as Indy, Thrasher, and even this here SLAP all being under the Fausto Vitello empire and basically all coming from the same place in SF. I believe Indy, Thunder, and Venture all come out of the same (made in the USA!) manufacturing plant.
And this collusion between Deluxe and Thrasher is why skaters like Jamie Thomas and others were banned by Thrasher for some time.

I kind of assume this is all common knowledge and not as juicy as the Guy/Justin thing, which was also kind of a well known secret.

Another good conspiracy that I can confirm is true with at least a few pros is that they ALL ride Bones Swiss bearings.
[close]
Pretty sure Jamie Thomas banged someone high-up at DLX (or affiliated companies) girl or wife, and that got him booted from Indy, Spitfire and banned from Thrasher. Jamie moved out to Cali when he was on Real flow, and was kicked off Spitfire.

I don't think they've ever really had issues with competing brands. Pretty sure Rickk and Mike have said Fausto was one of the first ot have their back after splitting with World.
[close]
DLX used to have weird issues with competing brands in their own operation, both the original version of American Dream and Metropolitan Wheel company were shut down cuz they were doing better than Real and Spitfire, American Dream had to do with DLX didn't have enough ownership in the brand, Metropolitan cuz I guess you just can't outsell spitfire. I also remember that originally Supreme was started as an East Coast DLX store, one of the McGrath brother was sent to get it started. Do y'all remember when they had the blue box logo Deluxe stickers, then supreme had the same stickers but in red which became the Supreme box logo. I'm guessing it was originally a partnership with the Jebbia dude and eventually DLX just sold it all to him.
I'm not saying DLX hasn't done some weird stuff, similar to what Tum Yeto did to Hollywood, but you don't get banned from Thrasher for starting competing brands, plus I think Jamie Thomas was banned when he was Invisible and Toy Machine which was way prior to him starting up his own stuff.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2018, 12:44:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah all stuff when he was Toy machine flow he was always called Alex Parker, it seems like when he started hanging with the Girl guys that they decided he was Alex Olson, which works much better for marketing purposes, i'm pretty sure his Nike checks say Alex Parker don't think ever legally changed his name.

shark tits

« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2018, 12:45:55 PM »
wasn't it mrs tommy guerrero that slept w/ isuck?
also, are yuze insinuating that alex olson is in fact spiderman?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2018, 01:03:21 PM »
wasn't it mrs tommy guerrero that slept w/ isuck?
also, are yuze insinuating that alex olson is in fact spiderman?
I think that's the rumor I heard but I didn't remember clearly so I didn't want to attach a name.

Jacob Gary

« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2018, 01:12:45 PM »
ISUCK where you at?

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 903
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2018, 01:38:36 PM »
Nick Trapasso embezzled money from Toy Machine and used it to start LE.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2018, 02:10:50 PM »
Whole thread has me like

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2018, 02:22:59 PM »
All pros regardless of wheel sponsor are skating f4s or STFS?

shark tits

« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2018, 02:35:47 PM »
glen fox and early daewon footage is sped up.
gary smith locked into a 20 ft crooked grind at pulaski and accelerated! while mid grind he reached over and snatched peanuts from a grom and was blackballed from the industry.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2018, 03:05:01 PM »
I remember reading that van wastells team mates were acting like bitches about his drug use, maybe hiding them from him, and that was like the straw that broke the camels back and he suicided. Something like that.

I really hope I don't get shit on for shedding light on this but from what I heard, yes, that's essentially what happened. A few of the people I skated with ran with Van and Mike Anderson so that's how I got all my Krooked/ Spitfire insider shit. I knew from them about his heroin use but everyone was pretty quiet about it because Van Wastell was the fucking man. I had beers with him at a bar a few months before he passed and could tell he was nodding off at the table. This is the story I was told by someone who was pretty close to him:

They were in Germany (I think) and the team (unsure which team, Krooked or whoever he was touring with) tried to get him to quit drugs. Kind of a poor man's intervention except they had no idea what they were doing. Not sure what else he was doing but I know for sure heroin was an issue. They took his stash and left him in his hotel room to go cold-turkey. What I was told is he jumped out of the window and died from that.

I'm not posting this to shit on his name or anything like that. Everything I say should be taken with a grain of salt, given I've only met him a handful of times and the story I heard may have been exaggerated as he had just passed away the week prior.

RIP Van Wastell. It's a god damn shame he left as early as he did. One of my favorite styles on video and amazingly stylish off. Talking BA styling cruising the park.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2018, 03:21:06 PM »
the biggest conspiracy is that there is a market for companies like SOVRN

Add globe, darkstar, blind & almost to that list

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2018, 04:26:14 PM »
i can tell you Andy Roy CAN kickflip. it just takes him a while.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2018, 04:56:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Damn.  that swindell interview was gnarly.  that's the first time i'd ever read it, and i'm not saying it 100% is, but given that it was spoken and transcipted, comes off with an air of authenticity that is really hard to fake. 

it doesn't exonerate any of them of wrongdoing at some level at all, in fact, sounds like Danny might have lit the fuse that would eventually lead to his death. also i don't really care what the "something" is, if you are asked nicely to stop something more than once at a party, you should stop, especially if you are with a bunch of dangerous maniacs
[close]
Yeah that interview blew me away and I heard a watered down version of the story as he was being vague where this was in depth. Honestly those involved Danny and the dude who stomped the fuck outta Keith should have taken one for the team.

the guy that stomped the Kieth dude to death is Steve Mateus and he still works in the industry for Rockstar. he did three years for it and everyone seems to have forgiven him because only Swindell gets talked about. But everyone needs to not forget that Steve Mateus is a violent gay basher who took a mans life. This man should not be working for anyone and should never be forgiven. Thankfully Rockstar isnt an actual skate company even though they sponsor skaters.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2018, 04:57:59 PM »
Heard Reynolds was indeed suppose to go to adidas when Marc and Daewon went like the rumors said. According to the Euro TM soletech kept him to fulfill his current contract and did not give him an option to break it because I’m assuming they would probably take legal actions toward him. Kind of similar to the Marc Johnson situation except Reynolds decided not the break his contract and do it the right way or at least was forced to. I’m pretty certain Reynolds will be going to adidas soon and he can be seen wearing the shoes in a couple of insta posts that have been floating around lately.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2018, 05:11:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I really hope I don't get shit on for shedding light on this but from what I heard, yes, that's essentially what happened. A few of the people I skated with ran with Van and Mike Anderson so that's how I got all my Krooked/ Spitfire insider shit. I knew from them about his heroin use but everyone was pretty quiet about it because Van Wastell was the fucking man. I had beers with him at a bar a few months before he passed and could tell he was nodding off at the table. This is the story I was told by someone who was pretty close to him:

They were in Germany (I think) and the team (unsure which team, Krooked or whoever he was touring with) tried to get him to quit drugs. Kind of a poor man's intervention except they had no idea what they were doing. Not sure what else he was doing but I know for sure heroin was an issue. They took his stash and left him in his hotel room to go cold-turkey. What I was told is he jumped out of the window and died from that.

I'm not posting this to shit on his name or anything like that. Everything I say should be taken with a grain of salt, given I've only met him a handful of times and the story I heard may have been exaggerated as he had just passed away the week prior.

RIP Van Wastell. It's a god damn shame he left as early as he did. One of my favorite styles on video and amazingly stylish off. Talking BA styling cruising the park.

That story was in this Phelps interview:

https://story.californiasunday.com/jake-phelps-thrasher

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2018, 05:46:38 PM »
deerman is Mike Mckinnley.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2018, 05:53:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That story was in this Phelps interview:

https://story.californiasunday.com/jake-phelps-thrasher

Seems weird that he would end the convo about Van Wastall with "He's no Gonz, He's no Koston. He's hella dead." I get he didn't wanna talk to some randy, but at least chill with the condescension and put some respect on that boys name.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2018, 09:53:13 PM »
I’ve heard it a few times here but maybe they are just rumors but what’s this I hear about Gino being gay?

Nag Champa

• Rep: -29
« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2018, 10:45:19 PM »
Mike Carroll has the missing Marc Johnson part on a hard drive, from Bag of Suck; that Ty told Evs to be deleted.
http://chromeballincident.blogspot.com/2013/07/chrome-ball-interview-62-marc-johnson_4.html
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:20:32 PM by Nag Champa »

zzz

« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2018, 10:52:14 PM »
I’ve heard it a few times here but maybe they are just rumors but what’s this I hear about Gino being gay?
I was gonna keep this a secret but whatever. I actually found Gino on a cam site a couple months ago, now I dunno if he's gay, but he was riding a pretty big dildo. I know it was him, he even had the Nike socks and there was tennis rackets hanging on the wall in the background. Conspiracy? I'll let you decide.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:09:43 PM by zzz »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2018, 12:14:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I was gonna keep this a secret but whatever. I actually found Gino on a cam site a couple months ago, now I dunno if he's gay, but he was riding a pretty big dildo. I know it was him, he even had the Nike socks and there was tennis rackets hanging on the wall in the background. Conspiracy? I'll let you decide.

well are you gonna tell us the site or what dude

shingles

• Rep: -61
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #149 on: May 03, 2018, 01:45:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No, the question here is: What were you doing on a site that shows such content?
support your local ramp-tramp