Author Topic: Skateboarding conspiracies thread  (Read 175289 times)

GOKU

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
Re: Skateboarding conspiracies thread
« Reply #570 on: February 21, 2019, 10:40:24 PM »
Total conjecture, but here goes...

I've had friends host their videos on Thrasher either for free, or Thrasher threw some change their way. The brand is not in a position to charge to host mostly meaningless content that will likely get lost to the ages. They need the constant stream of content as much as people who host their videos on Thrasher need the "exposure," or whatever. It's a symbiotic relationship.

I'd imagine for big releases and guaranteed clicks, like a Zion Wright part, there's a deal made, but I bet most of their revenue likely comes from the pre-roll ads we all have to suffer through.

Sometimes they do charge! Nothing crazy, nothing compared to buying an ad in the physical magazine

euro tm

« Reply #571 on: February 21, 2019, 10:50:52 PM »
Total conjecture, but here goes...

I've had friends host their videos on Thrasher either for free, or Thrasher threw some change their way. The brand is not in a position to charge to host mostly meaningless content that will likely get lost to the ages. They need the constant stream of content as much as people who host their videos on Thrasher need the "exposure," or whatever. It's a symbiotic relationship.

I'd imagine for big releases and guaranteed clicks, like a Zion Wright part, there's a deal made, but I bet most of their revenue likely comes from the pre-roll ads we all have to suffer through.

yeah i’ve been a part of smaller companies videos being hosted on thrasher. they never ran ads in the mag, never gave them a dime. just emailed the file and cole or whoever it was just said it’ll be up in a few days. allen, you are wrong and i award you no points.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #572 on: February 21, 2019, 10:59:13 PM »
obviously some people pay, its not like they want to post those dumpy shop video parts

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #573 on: February 22, 2019, 05:24:25 AM »
obviously some people pay, its not like they want to post those dumpy shop video parts
Yeah, but if they're not gonna post dumpy shop video parts, half of their content flow disappears, which means half of their traffic disappears, which means half of their revenue and clout disappears.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #574 on: February 22, 2019, 05:58:11 AM »
Expand Quote
pontus has multiple girlfriends and is overly interested in the polar teams sex lives
[close]
I remember reading on here years ago that he can't come back to the States because of some kiddy diddling shit.

Any truth to this?
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

oneOone

• Rep: 3
« Reply #575 on: February 22, 2019, 06:34:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
pontus has multiple girlfriends and is overly interested in the polar teams sex lives
[close]
I remember reading on here years ago that he can't come back to the States because of some kiddy diddling shit.
[close]

Any truth to this?

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #576 on: February 22, 2019, 06:46:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Any truth to this?
[close]

I thought of this edit immediatly once that was said.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #577 on: February 22, 2019, 07:04:16 AM »
Always wondered how mike and / or Rick, told Shef that he was of Girl,  and how that went

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 744
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #578 on: February 22, 2019, 08:14:39 AM »
Always wondered how mike and / or Rick, told Shef that he was of Girl,  and how that went

Probably just moved offices
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #579 on: February 22, 2019, 08:37:11 AM »
Expand Quote
The Slap search function isn't yielding any results so can anyone clarify in what the real reason was behind koston's departure from Lakai

Was it something to do with the fact that Lakai were hiding profits and sales from Koston's pro model in order to pay him less or something?
[close]

In an interview right before Lakai he said that money was a factor with Nike and it would only be for the right price. But iirc he left Lakai in part cause he wanted some form of ownership stake and couldn’t get it. Which was always rumored as to why he left Es too.
He left eS because he didn't get ownership. Koston had ownership in Lakai/Podium. His business advisors (or some form of representation), found some stuff that wasn't right with the books there. He asked them about it, didn't get answers that added up. So, he walked away from his shares and went to Nike. Considering all the issues with Podium shortly after he left, it's not that surprising.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2277
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #580 on: February 22, 2019, 12:34:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Turdybird is actually Patlanta trying to exact revenge on slap for harming the publics view on 1010 now that Gentle jones is nowhere to be found
[close]

hes hiding behind a fat stack of NHS product so that way the neo nazis that threatened his life wont find him.
[close]
Makes more sense than what I previously thought he was up to- on a promotional tour of his new album "Thank you for your service"
[close]

new album is actually called "homemade music"

https://gentlejones.bandcamp.com/album/homemade-music

xoxoxoxo
There you are!

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #581 on: February 22, 2019, 12:44:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not sure if this has been a post, but I got a pretty good one. Came up with it while super high.

Decks have always been about the same price, right? Until recently.....

Back in the 80’s, boards were super wide. And then as the late 90’s came around, they started getting more and more narrow. Using less wood. Hence the same price around $50 per deck.

Not until recently have decks started to go up to about $55, maybe $60 if it had foil or it’s a slick or something.

Boards are also a lot wider now.

Companies deliberately started making boards smaller to use less wood and keep the price point at around $50 to keep up with inflation. And now the trend is wider boards which use more material, so the price point is now going up.

If this trend continues for the foreseeable future, we’ll see boards rise above $60. If we’re to keep that $55 price point, we’ll start seeing cheaper made boards across the board, or the trend of smaller decks will come back.

I hope I didn’t trip anyone out too bad.
[close]
This doesn't change much, though, it isn't like they use the rest of the wood to make new boards, they probably just use the same 10 inch sheets of wood to all board sizes.
[close]
but were woodshops running 10 inch sheets in the skinny-board days?
[close]
Probably. The ability to round and shape without worry outweighs the cost of the wood I would think. 7.5 and 8.5 isn't that big of a difference.
[close]
Its an Inch difference,
[close]

who was that oil baron that saved a shit ton of money by using one less drop of solder for each oil drum lid? rockefeller? I bet if woodshops were more precise they could save a lot of money on wood that just ends up as scrap and pass the savings on to us.
Oh they would definitely totally forsure do that.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #582 on: February 23, 2019, 09:21:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah, but if they're not gonna post dumpy shop video parts, half of their content flow disappears, which means half of their traffic disappears, which means half of their revenue and clout disappears.
sorry what?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #583 on: February 24, 2019, 05:39:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
sorry what?
What part of this do you not understand?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #584 on: February 25, 2019, 12:01:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
sorry what?
[close]
What part of this do you not understand?
Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #585 on: February 25, 2019, 12:32:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Nike owns Frog
[close]
nah its a subsidiary of salba sauce and associates.
jesse gets converse. everyone else gets vans or lakai. brighton zoomer probably on vans payroll.
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #586 on: February 25, 2019, 03:26:45 PM »
Santa Cruz skateboards is a money laundering front for white supremacists in the Santa Cruz mountains who sell meth and fedoras, Shrukien found out and quit because of it

oroku1983

« Reply #587 on: February 25, 2019, 03:39:13 PM »
He probably does a lot of fucked drugs tbh. Reminds me of this kid I used to hang out with who turned to using a lot of drugs

Can we get this narcotics officer banned please?

PatoDuck

• Rep: -31
« Reply #588 on: February 25, 2019, 03:44:59 PM »
Expand Quote
He probably does a lot of fucked drugs tbh. Reminds me of this kid I used to hang out with who turned to using a lot of drugs
[close]

Funny coming form the guy who talked about killing themself on the Golden Gate Bridge like an idiot. “I’m a skate legend” up yours with your pride

PatoDuck

« Reply #589 on: February 25, 2019, 03:49:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Also not to mention you had Rick (who is currently our biggest kook) tell you your a kook and an idiot. I think that really debunks anything you say.

Jerrys Kid

• Rep: 56
« Reply #590 on: February 25, 2019, 04:51:21 PM »
The JT in JT Aultz's name stands for Jamie Thomas. The real Jamie Thomas made him shorten it to JT it to make sure kids didn't accidentally buy a JT Aultz board thinking it was his.

I know he lurks here, so I won't go too much further.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #591 on: February 25, 2019, 09:39:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Also not to mention you had Rick (who is currently our biggest kook) tell you your a kook and an idiot. I think that really debunks anything you say.

false. according to the hidden thread it is you.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

PatoDuck

« Reply #592 on: February 25, 2019, 10:35:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

hidden thread? What are you on about? Also Why you always on my dick?

PatoDuck

« Reply #593 on: February 25, 2019, 10:37:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

we get you want to ride but why?

old fat virgin loser

feedmeseymour

« Reply #595 on: February 26, 2019, 01:06:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Nike owns Frog
[close]

Expand Quote

Frog Blazers?

[close]

hmmm

I will say congrats to them for this collab, but the shoes are ugly as all hell.

They will sell out fast to a bunch of dudes that dont skate but are down to wait in lines outside of their local nike sb shop.

from there they will sit in the box, never to be worn, in that lonely sneaker heads apartment. then one day years from now he will come up short for rent money and dust off that box, go on ebay, and realize that they are selling for cheaper than original msrp.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #596 on: February 26, 2019, 01:10:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nike owns Frog
[close]

Expand Quote

Frog Blazers?

[close]

hmmm
[close]

I will say congrats to them for this collab, but the shoes are ugly as all hell.

They will sell out fast to a bunch of dudes that dont skate but are down to wait in lines outside of their local nike sb shop.

from there they will sit in the box, never to be worn, in that lonely sneaker heads apartment. then one day years from now he will come up short for rent money and dust off that box, go on ebay, and realize that they are selling for cheaper than original msrp.

What is this magic, you witch? How can you see the future with such clarity?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

JosephSmith

• Rep: 49
« Reply #597 on: February 26, 2019, 01:14:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nike owns Frog
[close]

Expand Quote

Frog Blazers?

[close]

hmmm
[close]

[close]

Illuminati confirmed

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #598 on: February 26, 2019, 01:15:41 PM »
Newest conspiracy: John Hill poaches slap user responses to create content for his social media following. Very, very hard to prove but I think I'm onto something.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #599 on: February 26, 2019, 01:17:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nike owns Frog
[close]

Expand Quote

Frog Blazers?

[close]

hmmm
[close]

[close]

[close]

Illuminati confirmed

just using my Shalom mind power...

...cause you would have to be drunk to think those blazers are sick.