Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 985714 times)

SaySo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #7680 on: June 08, 2022, 12:25:25 AM »
I just got a new job with a mid-five figure pay raise so I threw off the shackles of unemployment austerity and treated myself to a pair of those new anodized Ace AF-1s, a set of Mini Logo bearings for some cruiser wheels I have, and new hoodie to replace my collection of threadbare ones, and a set of Bones Swiss bearings to keep on ice until my main set finally shits the bed.
Good that you bought Swiss now, apparently the prices are set to increase (at least in Japan). So that might affect your part of the 3rd rock as well.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #7681 on: June 08, 2022, 04:57:04 AM »
Snapped my fibula in February and had to have surgery. This whole time I've just been itching to skate, and watching skate videos and reading too much slap. I just kept buying way too much gear over the last few months which did help push off some of the depression of not being able to skate or do anything. Luckily I was able to get out and push around a little last weekend, and think I'm pretty close to being able to skate again. I did get good deals on a lot of this stuff though.

A random assortment of 8" boards. Hyped to try the Breana Girl shape. The UMA board came with Pepper Grip too so that'll be fun to try after skating nothing but Jessup since I was a kid.

Some Lakais including a pair of non skate ones. Es accel slim plus. Es Sal Barbier reissues (ebay find). A pair of HOURS (bought as a chiller but they do feel good).

Spitfire F4 52 101a. First set of Spitfires since I was probably 14. Been on Bones STF for years.

Royal Ultra Light 139. Haven't had Royals in over 10 years but you guys seem to like the new ones so I'm gonna give them a try.

Bones swiss and some Diamond P-rod hardware (I just liked the look of the light blue bolt)

Not picturing a bunch of clothes I bought as well.

Loving the Led Zep poster  ;D

Doosh215

• Rep: 61
« Reply #7682 on: June 08, 2022, 11:24:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Snapped my fibula in February and had to have surgery. This whole time I've just been itching to skate, and watching skate videos and reading too much slap. I just kept buying way too much gear over the last few months which did help push off some of the depression of not being able to skate or do anything. Luckily I was able to get out and push around a little last weekend, and think I'm pretty close to being able to skate again. I did get good deals on a lot of this stuff though.

A random assortment of 8" boards. Hyped to try the Breana Girl shape. The UMA board came with Pepper Grip too so that'll be fun to try after skating nothing but Jessup since I was a kid.

Some Lakais including a pair of non skate ones. Es accel slim plus. Es Sal Barbier reissues (ebay find). A pair of HOURS (bought as a chiller but they do feel good).

Spitfire F4 52 101a. First set of Spitfires since I was probably 14. Been on Bones STF for years.

Royal Ultra Light 139. Haven't had Royals in over 10 years but you guys seem to like the new ones so I'm gonna give them a try.

Bones swiss and some Diamond P-rod hardware (I just liked the look of the light blue bolt)

Not picturing a bunch of clothes I bought as well.

[close]
Nice haul. Hope the leg gets back to normal.

This is your first set of F4s ever?

Thanks guys for the support. Been a rough last few months but it's almost better. PT has been a blessing. And yup first F4s ever. Skated Bones STF for about the last 10 years. Before that I pretty much just skated any wheels I could get my hands on.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #7683 on: June 13, 2022, 08:36:58 AM »
Finally, after years of searching, I finally found 58mm Conical Fulls. Also, got the Jeff 60s.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7684 on: June 13, 2022, 06:23:51 PM »
Finally, after years of searching, I finally found 58mm Conical Fulls. Also, got the Jeff 60s.

First since the start of 2020 I think for the Conical Full 58mm in 99 duro.

I know a lot of people have been looking / wanting them.

Those 60mm 97 duro wheels should be good - right size for the shape and duro.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #7685 on: June 16, 2022, 09:01:31 PM »
Copped one to skate seeing all the AH shaped boards in my local go quick. Looking forward to trying this shape out. 

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -215
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7686 on: June 17, 2022, 07:20:26 AM »
Copped one to skate seeing all the AH shaped boards in my local go quick. Looking forward to trying this shape out. 

I’m thinking about it too.

I bought the regular 8.5 and a hoodie from that drop.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7687 on: June 17, 2022, 07:46:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’m thinking about it too.

I bought the regular 8.5 and a hoodie from that drop.

Do it!!!

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #7688 on: June 18, 2022, 03:44:36 PM »
Local shop shirt, love this one

« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 03:55:47 PM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
  • the moon rules
« Reply #7689 on: June 18, 2022, 09:24:55 PM »

Heated Wheel Hewitt polarizer
Grimple mini beach bum
fuck you bama

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #7690 on: June 18, 2022, 10:37:51 PM »

Grimple mini beach bum

Hell yeah. Nice haul

Pbn_jake

• Rep: 33
« Reply #7691 on: June 19, 2022, 09:27:35 AM »
Crockett Hi (2) [dark blue]
Vans Half Cab '92 [dress blues]
Polar 8.5 (3) [one has wheel wells!]
Mob Grip (3)

Waiting on the shoes! I spent too much in this recent sale (but such goood deals!) but I sold a couple of old (practically new) shoes recently so that evens out right  :P

If it wasn’t shorts season and if I wasn’t a midget id get me another pair of the crocketts. I’m on my 4th pair right now and they’re the best damn shoe, considered getting the low

Pbn_jake

« Reply #7692 on: June 19, 2022, 09:51:30 AM »

Ordered two extra ace baseplates than I needed on accident, shout out krudco for having sick stickers though.

Half cabs up next to skate, hyped to try them out.

Skating a different shaped board than I had been after about 2 years, had been running the fa/hockey shape. This one is suiting me well. Was bummed that it wasn’t PS but it’ll do.

The Tiago is probably the most comfortable shoe I have ever put on my foot. Just did Disneyland with my whole family, was wearing a backpack full of stuff for the kids and had a kid on my shoulders the majority of the day, feet are not dying.

Haven’t popped the skf bearings in but I gave into the hype

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #7693 on: June 19, 2022, 10:38:35 AM »

Ordered two extra ace baseplates than I needed on accident, shout out krudco for having sick stickers though.

Skating a different shaped board than I had been after about 2 years, had been running the fa/hockey shape. This one is suiting me well. Was bummed that it wasn’t PS but it’ll do.

The Tiago is probably the most comfortable shoe I have ever put on my foot. Just did Disneyland with my whole family, was wearing a backpack full of stuff for the kids and had a kid on my shoulders the majority of the day, feet are not dying.

Big shoutout to krudco and no comply. Neither are stingy with the shop stickers

Pbn_jake

« Reply #7694 on: June 19, 2022, 10:43:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Big shoutout to krudco and no comply. Neither are stingy with the shop stickers

No comply is the home shop, I live in Sd now but I still order shit from no comply from time to time.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #7695 on: June 19, 2022, 11:14:41 AM »

These are the sentences that convinced me, that I should try some Tiago's in the future. Exactly the feedback my ankles want to hear. ^^ I am waiting on further reviews for the SKF bearings.
IG: @flowterspace

Pbn_jake

« Reply #7696 on: June 19, 2022, 12:48:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

These are the sentences that convinced me, that I should try some Tiago's in the future. Exactly the feedback my ankles want to hear. ^^ I am waiting on further reviews for the SKF bearings.

Oh dude do it! I got them off of this sketchy website called surfdome for like 25 bucks cheaper than they are anywhere else, was skeptical for a minute but they actually came through lol

I’m gonna throw them in after my session tomorrow, I’m pairing them with some f4 ogs the good shalomie gave me

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #7697 on: June 20, 2022, 04:16:10 PM »

Was running errands and wasn't far from supreme so dropped by to see if they had the antihero eggs in stock. They've got a nice board bag as well. Definitely excessive. Going to set this up once the huffer is fully dead.

Brad Breath

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #7698 on: June 20, 2022, 06:49:52 PM »
I got excited and in a hurry ordered the green one.  But then realized I could’ve gotten a purple one.

Oh, well, I can’t wait to get it.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #7699 on: June 20, 2022, 07:13:40 PM »
I got excited and in a hurry ordered the green one.  But then realized I could’ve gotten a purple one.

I was ready to settle for the green, especially after seeing BA on it in the little promo. but the purp is too good.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7700 on: June 20, 2022, 07:52:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was ready to settle for the green, especially after seeing BA on it in the little promo. but the purp is too good.

Felt the same. Wanted green because of BA, but purple is too good. Can’t wait to skate it. Do you know what the WB is on it?

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #7701 on: June 20, 2022, 08:46:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Felt the same. Wanted green because of BA, but purple is too good. Can’t wait to skate it. Do you know what the WB is on it?

Sticker says 32” length, 14.5” wb, although my measurement seemed slightly shorter. I also measured the tail at ~6-3/4” and nose at ~7” but those are by no means exact measurements

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #7702 on: June 21, 2022, 02:55:36 AM »

Grimple mini beach bum

Very nice. I really want one of those mini beach bums. Can’t seem to find one in person or online.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #7703 on: June 23, 2022, 06:32:07 PM »
Expand Quote

Grimple mini beach bum
[close]

Very nice. I really want one of those mini beach bums. Can’t seem to find one in person or online.

yeah same, they are going super quick from what i've seen as well. that being said they are still hitting shops so the shipments are still happening at least. i might start bothering the local shops more than i normally would about shipments
they do seem to post what shops have them on the instagram so maybe stalk that the next few weeks?

DERBY

• Rep: 266
« Reply #7704 on: June 23, 2022, 07:01:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Mob Grip (3)

Waiting on the shoes! I spent too much in this recent sale (but such goood deals!) but I sold a couple of old (practically new) shoes recently so that evens out right  :P
[close]

If it wasn’t shorts season and if I wasn’t a midget id get me another pair of the crocketts. I’m on my 4th pair right now and they’re the best damn shoe, considered getting the low

idk if i was trippin out but when i went to try on the lows they felt way longer and narrower than the highs

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #7705 on: June 23, 2022, 08:48:14 PM »
Mob Grip (3)

never seen those dark blue crockett hi out there! and as a ocd shoe guy, wouldn't mind to add those to the collection. Where did you buy those?

cheers!

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
« Reply #7706 on: June 23, 2022, 09:08:41 PM »

Grimple mini beach bum
Jealous.

Orangepulp1000

• Rep: 178
« Reply #7707 on: June 24, 2022, 03:25:08 AM »

Recently purchased this as I have the Gerwer krooked guest board as a wall hanger. Looking at the 8.28 dlx shape daily got the better of me and had to try the shape out. Keen as fuck

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #7708 on: June 24, 2022, 11:56:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Mob Grip (3)

[close]

never seen those dark blue crockett hi out there! and as a ocd shoe guy, wouldn't mind to add those to the collection. Where did you buy those?

cheers!

They are the dark blue and black sole VCU ones. They look so good in person! I'll try to post a pic soon with em on

Daddies Boardshop and Orchard Skateshop had them both. They still do, but maybe not as many sizes now if you're interested.

Orchard Skate Shop (regular price)
https://orchardshop.com/collections/shoes/products/vans-skate-crockett-high-vcu-navy-black

Daddies Boardshop (on sale!) https://www.daddiesboardshop.com/collections/vans-shoes/products/vans-crockett-high-vcu-shoes-navy-black
"DADDIES20" may even get you 20% of but I haven't checked yet
Super Champion Fun Zone

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #7709 on: June 25, 2022, 01:57:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Mob Grip (3)

[close]

cheers!
[close]

They are the dark blue and black sole VCU ones. They look so good in person! I'll try to post a pic soon with em on

Daddies Boardshop and Orchard Skateshop had them both. They still do, but maybe not as many sizes now if you're interested.

Orchard Skate Shop (regular price)
https://orchardshop.com/collections/shoes/products/vans-skate-crockett-high-vcu-navy-black

Daddies Boardshop (on sale!) https://www.daddiesboardshop.com/collections/vans-shoes/products/vans-crockett-high-vcu-shoes-navy-black
"DADDIES20" may even get you 20% of but I haven't checked yet

euro pal here! thx for the tips anyway. I'll be on the haunt :)