Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1744636 times)

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
Re: real confessions
« Reply #7920 on: November 06, 2018, 07:23:27 AM »
Cupsoles over vulc.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #7921 on: November 06, 2018, 03:38:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks man and to well everyone for the advice. Hopefully, I don't blow up your inbox. Kidding, but in all seriousness thanks.

To PB and Soda, I have considered looking into it, but the main reason I haven't pursued it is because I like and own guns. Where I'm from, the second you start going down that path they take em away. I see my gun collection as a kind of symbol of my hard work, and getting those taken away would just make my mental state worse. One of my favorite things that I do is go hit the range with my dad and my brother, two of the people that really make me honestly forget my problems I'm having. They're some of the few people that make me feel as if though my existence alone is enough for them to be happy. Not to say that too many people in my life ask something of me, but that there are certain people that do ask so much of me. And because the constantly ask so much, it stretch me thin between their wants and needs and that of the others who do the same. Again another story for another time.

For the record, I never ever intend to harm another person, animal, or myself with them. The only time the first two will ever have to happen is if it's a no other option situation for defending myself/someone else.

Thanks for hearing me out, and making me feel better Slap.
[close]

i can understand the reasoning behind it, but essentially making someone choose gun ownership over their own mental health is fucked up. i own guns as well so i sympathize with your situation.

i took my own advice and started seeing a therapist. first sesh was a few days ago, and i dont know if it was just because it was the first one, or if my therapist just isn't very good, but i left feeling a lot worse than i did going in. all i did was talk about myself for 45 minutes while she took notes and made comments like "thats a shame." once in a while. im a pretty logical thinking person, so i can't put my faith in something if i cant understand how it works, or see the necessary steps to reach the goal. i dont see how talking to someone who doesnt talk back is going to help me at all. she never gave me anything to work on, or made suggestions for how i can help myself when im having a hard time. she basically made me feel like i was talking too much and taking up too much of her time, then handed me her card on the way out and told me i could text her if i needed to, but only if i really needed to. i got the vibe that she didn't want me bothering her and i wont. i got in my car pissed off and felt like i just need to toughen the fuck up.

im going to give it another shot, but if the next session doesnt improve im either calling it quits or searching for another therapist somewhere else.
[close]
You’re still in the discovery stage. One thing I’ll tell you is that until you start challenging your therapist for more interaction they won’t just hand it to you. The other thing is that talking about yourself (which I really struggle with) is the therapy and the therapist is just there to reflect your musings. They’ll interject when you reach something.

I really struggle with it because I don’t want to talk about myself but I’m getting more comfortable with it and I’m realising a whole bunch of shit I do to avoid addressing other shit.

It’s still early days for me but I’m gonna stick with it. If you really don’t like your therapist after a few sessions try someone else but don’t expect them to life coach you, it’s a different thing.
[close]

I've seen therapists and counselors in the past and they've always helped with whatever issues I had with no struggles. I think it's just this lady. I went in and gave it 100%, but I felt like I was just an inconvenience to her.

This is just a weird guess, but there's a chance she pegged me as a right winger and that put her of. I said something about me dad being in the gun business and just about everyone associates gun owners with right wing politics. I went on her website and she's had a lot of things published about Trump and how the republican party is destroying the world.

It's a stupid guess, but I can't understand why she had such an unpleasant vibe.
[close]
Oh with that information I’d say find another therapist

it takes a lot of people a lot of searching to find the right therapist. its definitely one of the biggest problems with getting into therapy in the first place. so many people have bad experiences after seeing one or two and turn away forever.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #7922 on: November 07, 2018, 05:37:53 AM »
Not the worst idea to talk to real friends who dont want money.  Being in the forest especially needled trees or a day spent sea side exploring.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7923 on: November 07, 2018, 11:16:17 AM »
Not the worst idea to talk to real friends who dont want money.  Being in the forest especially needled trees or a day spent sea side exploring.

this is true but often times we dont have close enough friends to share this type of stuff. especially with men, its often difficult to share feelings that might be perceived as weakness in our society. i often joke with my therapist about how i feel like im basically paying for a friend.

thank you for discussing it here though. the more we normalize being able to talk about this stuff the sooner we will be comfortable talking about it in real life too.

playemright

« Reply #7924 on: November 07, 2018, 02:28:35 PM »
You just gotta spread your problems onto other people, the more the better so you dont put all your negative on one person, sucks but thats how it works. Therapist aint really shit, just people, usually complete wierdos with thier own problems. If you got super secret stuff you dont wanna tell friends just dump it on strangers you run into. People in therapy will tell you to go that route mostly for self confirmation, see above, nothing wrong with trying it. Best you can do though is spread your problems around and take in other peoples problems, sex of the souls.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7925 on: November 08, 2018, 03:54:50 PM »
You just gotta spread your problems onto other people, the more the better so you dont put all your negative on one person, sucks but thats how it works. Therapist aint really shit, just people, usually complete wierdos with thier own problems. If you got super secret stuff you dont wanna tell friends just dump it on strangers you run into. People in therapy will tell you to go that route mostly for self confirmation, see above, nothing wrong with trying it. Best you can do though is spread your problems around and take in other peoples problems, sex of the souls.
I find this post poetic and kind of beautiful but maybe too socially dependant for moi.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7926 on: November 09, 2018, 06:04:34 AM »

this is exactly why i don’t engage in small talk with strangers
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7927 on: November 11, 2018, 04:45:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this is exactly why i don’t engage in small talk with strangers
   Its not like most stranger small talk is about bitching.  If you only meet friends thru ur social group you're only half actualized.  "There are no strangers here. Only friends who haven't met yet"
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 04:59:47 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

playemright

« Reply #7928 on: November 11, 2018, 05:19:41 PM »
Well I only dump my super secrets on random girls, I dunno why, it feels like they're more understanding. But they probably go on twitter later and tell everyone they ran into a creepy who spilled his guts. But I actually dont have any secrets left anymore, feels pretty good.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #7929 on: November 11, 2018, 07:16:15 PM »
What’s your social security number? Don’t keep any secrets from us dude

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7930 on: November 11, 2018, 07:24:49 PM »
What’s your social security number? Don’t keep any secrets from us dude
And your mother's maiden name?!

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

CoMpLeMeNts4U

« Reply #7931 on: November 12, 2018, 04:50:52 PM »
I watched someone back into a person's car in the parking garage where I live big truck he fully smashed a small cars bumper. I pretended not to notice and he drove off. I had taken note of his plate and I left a note on the vehicle so and so hit your car. I went to my apartment and then felt like a snitch so I went and removed the note. Then after some thinking felt bad so I went to put it back again and the smashed car was gone. I don't know if I did the right thing.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1148
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7932 on: November 12, 2018, 05:09:58 PM »
I watched someone back into a person's car in the parking garage where I live big truck he fully smashed a small cars bumper. I pretended not to notice and he drove off. I had taken note of his plate and I left a note on the vehicle so and so hit your car. I went to my apartment and then felt like a snitch so I went and removed the note. Then after some thinking felt bad so I went to put it back again and the smashed car was gone. I don't know if I did the right thing.

I think leaving the note is the right thing, for sure.  Fuck that hit and run guy.  Do you still have the note so you can put it back on the car if you see it again?

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #7933 on: November 12, 2018, 05:11:59 PM »
Sobriety is a god damn nightmare.

I'm constantly wishing I knew what it's like to be able to enjoy life sober.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7934 on: November 12, 2018, 05:32:51 PM »
Well I only dump my super secrets on random girls, I dunno why, it feels like they're more understanding. But they probably go on twitter later and tell everyone they ran into a creepy who spilled his guts. But I actually dont have any secrets left anymore, feels pretty good.

probably wondering why dudes treat them like their mother

playemright

« Reply #7935 on: November 12, 2018, 07:08:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

probably wondering why dudes treat them like their mother
Can u help me find my mom? I'm lost. Mom? MOM!? MOOOOOM!!???

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #7936 on: November 12, 2018, 09:04:06 PM »
I sort of have a thing for my supervisor at work, I want to act on it but I know it has bad news written all over it.

Always bad news.....Always.

My boss from an old employer was having a fling with an employee. I kinda heard about it but didn't really care. I had quit and relocated before I found out that the rumors were actually true. So it turns out that they were messing around at work and would sometimes meet at the parking lot after hours. They were both married by the way so idk if this is even pertains to your situation but one night the husband of the employee got wind of the affair and met up with them while they were in the middle of hooking up at the parking lot. The husband had brought a knife and had stabbed him repeatedly. He was taken to the hospital and recovered from his wounds but was obviously fired after spending 18 years at the company. Needless to say this is the worst case scenario but if you're both single disregard any of this and go for it, at the end of the day they would be more at fault than you if anything does happen.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 09:31:29 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

fs overkrook

« Reply #7937 on: November 12, 2018, 09:30:22 PM »
I blew Steve Brandi

His dick is tiny

doublesteveburger

« Reply #7938 on: November 13, 2018, 01:46:25 AM »
We need small hard evidence if any of us are to believe you.

Pigeon

« Reply #7939 on: November 13, 2018, 04:24:05 AM »
I drank too much coffee without eating anything, vomited in the break room and got sent home at like 8 AM. People thought I had the flu.

Smartass

• Rep: 46
« Reply #7940 on: November 13, 2018, 06:42:50 AM »
I drank too much coffee without eating anything, vomited in the break room and got sent home at like 8 AM. People thought I had the flu.

I believe if you live in Cali and you get sent home for something, you get a half day's worth of pay. So if that's your situation, that sounds pretty good to me.

If not, at least you got the day off and can go do whatever you want with it, just sucks missing out on that pay.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1148
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7941 on: November 13, 2018, 06:57:40 PM »
I keep one of those jack vale fart-makers in my desk at work and every once in a while I’ll make a huge, wet fart noise just to fuck with everyone.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #7942 on: November 13, 2018, 07:31:40 PM »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7943 on: November 13, 2018, 09:00:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Sobriety is a god damn nightmare.
[close]

I'm constantly wishing I knew what it's like to be able to enjoy life sober.

Yeah, been sober for some years now. Gets pretty fucking though most of the times. I have, pretty much, given up on any hope of happiness, just trying not to lose the fight against anxiety.

Remember that I have not been lazy on getting things done: got a degree, job in corporate, have a nice place, just got my lisence back, have a girl to hang around with, work out four times a week. These things did, indeed, provide an amount of self respect, but not a lot of happiness. However, I am sober and should not take that for granted. I mean, it’s not like any of us were happy during fiend years, any way.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7944 on: November 15, 2018, 05:29:53 AM »
  Once you've quit 100 percent and realized heroin or whatever other class a you were hooked on isn't a realistic option you may as well stop giving your old habit any consideration at all. -  Get rid of the baggage.  I'm not an addict, personally, I just used to have an issue.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 05:31:51 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7945 on: November 15, 2018, 11:02:55 AM »
Getting rid of that baggage is way harder than kicking the habit. That's why people fall back. Very hard to fix those broken parts.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #7946 on: November 16, 2018, 07:56:55 AM »
Getting rid of that baggage is way harder than kicking the habit. That's why people fall back. Very hard to fix those broken parts.

It's why I think Jim Greco keeps making these skate films and looks miserable doing them. Filling the void is a nightmare in it's own right.

Hammers, dude.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7947 on: November 19, 2018, 02:05:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's why I think Jim Greco keeps making these skate films and looks miserable doing them. Filling the void is a nightmare in it's own right.

Hammers, dude.
  This is what I'm talking about.  Most former heroin addicts are basically obsessed with they're former addiction. (Not talking about ibkraki).  -just being d queens.  There is no void, -thats just pycho bable. (Imo)

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7948 on: November 19, 2018, 10:01:06 AM »
Yeah, its really common to identify too much with one's former self. I'm guessing erasing your entire life without getting a new identity is scary. I wish I had something good to say, but I have nothing.

playemright

« Reply #7949 on: November 19, 2018, 02:49:46 PM »
Heroin was kinda booty to me. I just wonder why heroin users are always so sad, were you guys sad before starting?