Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1744625 times)

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
Re: real confessions
« Reply #9240 on: March 11, 2020, 02:31:44 PM »
I was at a work event last week. Super uncomfortable, socializing with a bunch of people I am not a fan of. Out of being super uncomfortable, I got drunk before the dinner (2 hours bus ride with tequila).

I'm sitting next to a woman I've never met and she sees my wedding ring. She says "Oh, how long have you been married?" and I blurted out 10 years. I've been married for a year and every other person I'm there with knows that. For some reason, I didn't correct it and she kept harping on it.

I had to talk to my boss, convince him to convince everyone else I had been married for this period of time just to save face on this one drunken conversation.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #9241 on: March 12, 2020, 05:09:37 AM »
I was at a work event last week. Super uncomfortable, socializing with a bunch of people I am not a fan of. Out of being super uncomfortable, I got drunk before the dinner (2 hours bus ride with tequila).

I'm sitting next to a woman I've never met and she sees my wedding ring. She says "Oh, how long have you been married?" and I blurted out 10 years. I've been married for a year and every other person I'm there with knows that. For some reason, I didn't correct it and she kept harping on it.

I had to talk to my boss, convince him to convince everyone else I had been married for this period of time just to save face on this one drunken conversation.

Heh, I was doing sales in my last job and a client was calling me non-stop because my company's shit service. I ignored 5 of his calls until he sent me a text saying he would escalate the incident to my management. Returned the call and apologies for missing the calls, I was bringing my 2 year old kid to the doctor and took the day off. He apologized profusely and felt horrible after. "You know how kids are, always falling sick when you start sending them to kindergarten"

I do not have any kids.

On my last week of work with the company I had to meet him to handover the account to a colleague. Just before the meeting ended he asked me how my kid was doing. I just gave a generic "Oh he's great! Doing much better, but you know, Terrible Twos!" Thankfully my colleagues didn't blow my cover during the meeting.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #9242 on: March 15, 2020, 07:38:53 AM »
Had a one night stand a while ago after a double date and hit a low patch after she never responded to texts or followed up plans we made. It became a joke with some close family and friends  but, I moved on. The other day I heard an Alanis Morissette song that she played and I've been mad bummed out and started missing the person. Wouldn't be as bad but, I've been seeing this girl that's cool and I feel like I'm cheating.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #9243 on: March 15, 2020, 02:46:14 PM »
Had a one night stand a while ago after a double date and hit a low patch after she never responded to texts or followed up plans we made. It became a joke with some close family and friends  but, I moved on. The other day I heard an Alanis Morissette song that she played and I've been mad bummed out and started missing the person. Wouldn't be as bad but, I've been seeing this girl that's cool and I feel like I'm cheating.

I don't know all the details and circumstance, but it sounds like you might have gotten way too invested if all this was after one date / one night stand?

lady fanny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -52
« Reply #9244 on: March 15, 2020, 03:43:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Heh, I was doing sales in my last job and a client was calling me non-stop because my company's shit service. I ignored 5 of his calls until he sent me a text saying he would escalate the incident to my management. Returned the call and apologies for missing the calls, I was bringing my 2 year old kid to the doctor and took the day off. He apologized profusely and felt horrible after. "You know how kids are, always falling sick when you start sending them to kindergarten"

I do not have any kids.

On my last week of work with the company I had to meet him to handover the account to a colleague. Just before the meeting ended he asked me how my kid was doing. I just gave a generic "Oh he's great! Doing much better, but you know, Terrible Twos!" Thankfully my colleagues didn't blow my cover during the meeting.
word around town
Lady Fanny from Omaha

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #9245 on: March 15, 2020, 04:23:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I do not have any kids.

[close]
word around town

Sorry for spam, but this had me laughing so much. Thanks guys.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9246 on: March 15, 2020, 07:05:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I do not have any kids.

[close]
word around town
[close]

Sorry for spam, but this had me laughing so much. Thanks guys.

I recently started bring my board in a huge duffel bag so I can head to the park directly after work instead of coming home first. I've had numerous colleagues ask me about the contents of my huge bag; I just tell that I'm going to play tennis or badminton after work. Problem is I can't recall who I told it was badminton, squash or tennis.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1494
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #9247 on: March 15, 2020, 11:48:38 PM »
They just want to know you aren't planning to gun them all down.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #9248 on: March 16, 2020, 03:27:34 PM »
I like the Dill/AVE Feedback reedit where they skate to that Spinanes song better

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9249 on: March 16, 2020, 08:05:36 PM »

Guns aren't legal in my country, but I now realize that is a possibility in the US.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #9250 on: March 20, 2020, 04:51:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Guns aren't legal in my country, but I now realize that is a possibility in the US.

Why not just say it's a skateboard?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9251 on: March 20, 2020, 09:00:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Harder to explain to them why a 34 year old is still skateboarding. Also I'm a idiot
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9252 on: March 20, 2020, 03:58:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Harder to explain to them why a 34 year old is still skateboarding. Also I'm a idiot

Nah you're good. They are probably a bunch of people who wished they could skate themselves.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #9253 on: March 20, 2020, 05:16:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nah you're good. They are probably a bunch of people who wished they could skate themselves.

Maybe it’s a cultural thing but whenever I tell
My Swedish coworkers I skate and have for over 2 decades, they immediately laugh and say “I can’t believe at 31 you do that”.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9254 on: March 20, 2020, 05:26:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

My Swedish coworkers I skate and have for over 2 decades, they immediately laugh and say “I can’t believe at 31 you do that”.

I guess it's like people who rock climb or sky dive or go scuba diving. That shit has to be equal to or way more dangerous than skating but it's way more accepted in society. At least from what I've seen. Even though I don't want to do those things, i think they are cool and am somewhat envious of people who have the balls to do them. I couldn't. Regardless if they are my age at 31 too or younger or older.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9255 on: March 20, 2020, 11:40:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I guess it's like people who rock climb or sky dive or go scuba diving. That shit has to be equal to or way more dangerous than skating but it's way more accepted in society. At least from what I've seen. Even though I don't want to do those things, i think they are cool and am somewhat envious of people who have the balls to do them. I couldn't. Regardless if they are my age at 31 too or younger or older.

Agreed, where I'm from skateboarding is a less culturally accepted activity versus rock climbing or scuba diving. It's still associated with youthful disobedience and saying fuck the authorities, which doesn't help since I'm in my mid 30s.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
« Reply #9256 on: March 21, 2020, 03:15:05 AM »
i was also carrying my skateboard around once in a bag to work.
some people asked me what's inside my bag and whether it is a
hunting bow. i said yes, indeed, it is a hunting bow. still not sure
how they arrived at the conclusion that i would be a bow hunter,
because i don't look like one and that shit is not even legal here.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 03:17:04 AM by somethingmustbreaknow »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #9257 on: March 21, 2020, 03:56:27 AM »

Get Into it.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #9258 on: March 21, 2020, 10:08:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Get Into it.

Hark! Sirrah, 'tis I the huntsman who
Shall strike thee down. Mine trusty bow hencewith
Your end doth flow. Thy fiendish ways henceforth
Shall be no more. Unsheathe me now mine bow
And put mine arrow in thy hollow core!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 10:09:41 AM by Peter Zagreus »

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #9259 on: March 24, 2020, 02:44:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Get Into it.

I used to ride a bike to my office job (about 10 miles each way) in rain, snow, etc and often times carried my skateboard on my rack in the back and my coworkers thought I was nuts. I just leaned into it and when I walked out of meetings and never returned or took 3 hour lunches they would just be like "well, that's just that weird guy who rides his bike to work and skateboards, it's normal for him".

Use it to your advantage.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #9260 on: March 24, 2020, 08:20:33 AM »
I just figured out how to change the times shown on this forum to reflect my time zone, EST.

PROFILE-ACCOUNT SETTINGS-MODIFY PROFILE-LOOK AND LAYOUT-TIME OFFSET-AUTO DETECT
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #9261 on: March 24, 2020, 09:20:18 AM »
I just figured out how to change the times shown on this forum to reflect my time zone, EST.

I see. But why the fuck does it matter?

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #9262 on: March 24, 2020, 09:23:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Get Into it.
[close]

I used to ride a bike to my office job (about 10 miles each way) in rain, snow, etc and often times carried my skateboard on my rack in the back and my coworkers thought I was nuts. I just leaned into it and when I walked out of meetings and never returned or took 3 hour lunches they would just be like "well, that's just that weird guy who rides his bike to work and skateboards, it's normal for him".

Use it to your advantage.

This is good. Their only enduring feeling toward you will be envy.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #9263 on: March 24, 2020, 09:33:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I see. But why the fuck does it matter?

I saw an insignificant issue and I fixed it and it gave me just a tad bit of satisfaction. A little less than the feeling I get after finally changing the clock in my car or on my oven after a time change.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #9264 on: March 24, 2020, 01:06:17 PM »
I don't think i have symptons of covid 19, i have been at home w my partner and my roommate for 11 days now. But I do definitely have some sort of stomach bug because I am shitting up a fucking! storm!
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1343
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #9265 on: March 24, 2020, 01:26:52 PM »
I don't think i have symptons of covid 19, i have been at home w my partner and my roommate for 11 days now. But I do definitely have some sort of stomach bug because I am shitting up a fucking! storm!
Hope you're good. I'm on day 5 of a cold and I can feel myself getting better today. I was pretty fucking freaked out especially since I would have likely passed coco to all my roommates.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #9266 on: March 24, 2020, 01:38:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Hope you're good. I'm on day 5 of a cold and I can feel myself getting better today. I was pretty fucking freaked out especially since I would have likely passed coco to all my roommates.

Hope you all have enough TP and cold meds. On the tail end of a cold, and I keep coughing up phlegm.

Really hoping that some brand drops raw footage so I can download it and edit for fun.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #9267 on: March 24, 2020, 05:45:37 PM »
I have pretty much lost my entire business over the last week due to all the shutdowns

I’ve spent a few days drinking, anyway I got in the car last night, drunk off my arse, wanted to go to skatepark. I guess I fucked up coming off the highway, went through a couple signs and a guardrail then hit a tree

I never really thought of myself as a bad person or a fuck up or anything until this morning. Just dumb luck that nobody else was involved in the accident. Coulda killed a whole family who knows man.

You see in movies a chick gets raped and she’s scrubbing herself over and over in the shower. That’s kinda what I want to do I just feel so disgusting

I’m not looking for sympathy here at all just wanted to tell someone. I’m too ashamed to tell my mates right now. It’s like when you steal something how you lose more out of your soul than you actually stole. I feel like I have lost a piece out of myself, I feel like I’m not a real person anymore

Don’t drink and drive guys
listen to cosmic psychos

lady fanny

• Rep: -52
« Reply #9268 on: March 24, 2020, 06:48:18 PM »
I have pretty much lost my entire business over the last week due to all the shutdowns

I’ve spent a few days drinking, anyway I got in the car last night, drunk off my arse, wanted to go to skatepark. I guess I fucked up coming off the highway, went through a couple signs and a guardrail then hit a tree

I never really thought of myself as a bad person or a fuck up or anything until this morning. Just dumb luck that nobody else was involved in the accident. Coulda killed a whole family who knows man.

You see in movies a chick gets raped and she’s scrubbing herself over and over in the shower. That’s kinda what I want to do I just feel so disgusting

I’m not looking for sympathy here at all just wanted to tell someone. I’m too ashamed to tell my mates right now. It’s like when you steal something how you lose more out of your soul than you actually stole. I feel like I have lost a piece out of myself, I feel like I’m not a real person anymore

Don’t drink and drive guys
it'll pass. the fact that you aren't self congratulatory like 'wheew i got away with it' or less remorseful is heartening.
we've had those bottom moments, hopefully you'll grow from it. even if you don't, it's temporary and you have your life, your health.
sorry about your business, that's enough to get anyone drinking. not that it's a good idea, just relatable.
Lady Fanny from Omaha

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #9269 on: March 24, 2020, 08:20:44 PM »
Pretty sure my job makes me a covid-19 vector. Going door to door while everyone else is supposed to be quarantined in their homes doesn't seem right. A bunch of fools still wanna make physical contact because they ordered signature service. Stupid. I gotta keep going if I have any hope of getting out of my financial death spiral. Don't have a mental breakdown, kids. It's expensive.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 08:22:31 PM by L33Tg33k »
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?