Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 184403 times)

matty_c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1020 on: August 14, 2021, 06:33:25 PM »
I think heaps of people do it mate, yeah good climate for sure around here
Particularly these days how you can order seeds online really easy and there’s heaps more stores that sell all growing gear I think it’s encouraged heaps of random people to have a go

Mates that do domestic work reckon they see plants all the time in people’s backyards
Like, not hectic big grows or anything just a couple plants sort of thing

I reckon north Qld would be real good for it they grow mad bananas and sugar cane up there and the grounds real fertile
listen to cosmic psychos

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1426
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1021 on: August 14, 2021, 06:59:06 PM »
Particularly these days how you can order seeds online really easy and there’s heaps more stores that sell all growing gear I think it’s encouraged heaps of random people to have a go

Mates that do domestic work reckon they see plants all the time in people’s backyards

I reckon north Qld would be real good for it they grow mad bananas and sugar cane up there and the grounds real fertile

right on. ya, I'm wondering about hidden plantations and shit. like if there are surfers and hippies who went into the bush to start communes and grew/grow dope. I guess large scale indoor is probably easier since with the current technology of LEDs and air filtration. Always curious how its done in other places.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #1022 on: August 14, 2021, 08:21:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

right on. ya, I'm wondering about hidden plantations and shit. like if there are surfers and hippies who went into the bush to start communes and grew/grow dope. I guess large scale indoor is probably easier since with the current technology of LEDs and air filtration. Always curious how its done in other places.

Oh there would be for sure, there’s heaps of places south that could sort of be called communes
There’s this town called nimbin in nsw, heaps of trippy places around there also like Denmark wa and probably like Kuranda too

But I think the police would be well onto big grows, I am pretty sure if you just planted a bunch of it in a field in rows and stuff they would see it from a helicopter sooner or later

Those hydro shops sell all those tents and leds and light movers and stuff, some of that tech is sick
I think either way you go as long as it’s just a few plants you’ll get away with it for sure
listen to cosmic psychos

TerryFunk

• Rep: 9
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1023 on: August 18, 2021, 07:32:12 PM »
got some shit called Holy Grail right now....smells and smokes fantastic I'm pretty happy about it

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1024 on: August 19, 2021, 06:55:02 AM »
I bought some weed from the store called grapefruit durban. It's so sticky it broke my grinder. I aint mad though.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1025 on: August 19, 2021, 10:52:30 AM »
I bought some weed from the store called grapefruit durban. It's so sticky it broke my grinder. I aint mad though.

aye. I had some real nice sun grown Durban from this kid Mateo in Southern Humboldt about 6 years ago that was just knock out bomber weed. Beautiful yet fickle land race sativa.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1026 on: August 19, 2021, 04:03:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

aye. I had some real nice sun grown Durban from this kid Mateo in Southern Humboldt about 6 years ago that was just knock out bomber weed. Beautiful yet fickle land race sativa.

I had never even heard of Durban. My old connects connect stopped growing, so I'm kinda stuck with what the shops have until I find someone new. Shop weed is always expensive, but this was only $60 1/4 after tax and tip. I was paying $40 for that much, but so far this is some of the best bud I've ever smoked.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1027 on: August 19, 2021, 04:39:43 PM »
i have two types rn no idea what strains, but they are nice. one is piny and sticky, the other is more dusty and fruity.

i so hope we get a new government so they finally legalize weed, i'm so over not knowing what i smoke.

G raham

• Rep: -49
« Reply #1028 on: August 20, 2021, 08:45:06 AM »
stopped smoking weed ages ago ( started making me paranoid) but still get such a kick out of looking at it, like looking at really dope food or something. also i know a guy who wnats to thank all the stoners for making them feel like theyve won the lottery, theyve been dealing the last 7 years  ;)
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1029 on: August 20, 2021, 09:33:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I had never even heard of Durban. My old connects connect stopped growing, so I'm kinda stuck with what the shops have until I find someone new. Shop weed is always expensive, but this was only $60 1/4 after tax and tip. I was paying $40 for that much, but so far this is some of the best bud I've ever smoked.

Ya, the strain Durban Poison is an old strain with roots in Africa. Durban Poison, Lambs Breath/Bread, Mazar, Afghan, Hindu Kush, are generally accepted to be from old seed stock gathered up by hippies in the 70s from Africa, Jamaica, Afghanistan, and India. Those from the warmer climates are sativa and hard to breed/grow indoors and generally have a lower yield, so they aren't as common, whereas the later, somewhere in the lineage, they're the general root of the Kush strains, which are often the root of most common heavy hitters today. Chunky buds, bigger yield, stoney baloney. But ya, the Durban is a legend 8) if you like that, keep your eyes peeled for lambs bread/lambs breath. Its dope trees, for sure

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #1030 on: August 20, 2021, 07:04:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ya, the strain Durban Poison is an old strain with roots in Africa. Durban Poison, Lambs Breath/Bread, Mazar, Afghan, Hindu Kush, are generally accepted to be from old seed stock gathered up by hippies in the 70s from Africa, Jamaica, Afghanistan, and India. Those from the warmer climates are sativa and hard to breed/grow indoors and generally have a lower yield, so they aren't as common, whereas the later, somewhere in the lineage, they're the general root of the Kush strains, which are often the root of most common heavy hitters today. Chunky buds, bigger yield, stoney baloney. But ya, the Durban is a legend 8) if you like that, keep your eyes peeled for lambs bread/lambs breath. Its dope trees, for sure

@JB you from MI?  I see the Lume rolling tray.  I manage a dispensary chain called New Standard.  Definitely peep us!  We have some awesome flower, and while people complain about higher prices at dispo's, the cost goes into lab testing everything.  Check out flower from Lemonati, Cloud Cover, and some Apothecare strains.  Good shit.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1031 on: August 24, 2021, 01:22:42 AM »
Durban on it’s pure form is like amphetamins, energetic sativa that just keeps you going, perfect for wake and bake if you have things to do.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1032 on: August 24, 2021, 10:03:30 AM »
Durban on it’s pure form is like amphetamins, energetic sativa that just keeps you going, perfect for wake and bake if you have things to do.

its soooo good like that. haven't seen it in a while. everyones growing dessert strains these days.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1033 on: August 25, 2021, 09:02:08 AM »
@JB you from MI?  I see the Lume rolling tray.  I manage a dispensary chain called New Standard.  Definitely peep us!  We have some awesome flower, and while people complain about higher prices at dispo's, the cost goes into lab testing everything.  Check out flower from Lemonati, Cloud Cover, and some Apothecare strains.  Good shit.

I'll look you guys up. I'm closer to Walled Lake, so I usually shop Greenhouse and recently Bazonzos. Lume used to do decent specials, which is where the rolling tray came from, but lately they've looked dead over there when I drive past. Better selection and prices at the other stores IMO. Thanks for the heads up!

And thanks for the history lessons on the Durban.

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #1034 on: August 26, 2021, 09:57:40 AM »
The other night went to the skate homie's place after our shift at work and someone tossed some lavender in the bong pack and holy shit it was the best high i've had in months

anyone else have experience with "smokable lavender" or any recommendations on quality places to get some? fucking loved it and i need some for myself.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 10:10:50 AM by Prinzy »

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1408
« Reply #1035 on: August 26, 2021, 10:04:00 AM »
I'm a mostly vape pen guy cause my gf hates the smell and i always get paranoia about people knowing I'm stoned

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1036 on: August 26, 2021, 10:29:10 AM »
The other night went to the skate homie's place after our shift at work and someone tossed some lavender in the bong pack and holy shit it was the best high i've had in months

anyone else have experience with "smokable lavender" or any recommendations on quality places to get some? fucking loved it and i need some for myself.

lavender is nice on the lungs. there's all sorts of herbal blends that can be smoked that are actually soothing for the lungs and throat. Mullein is great for lung ailments.

To find lavender, idk where you live, but maybe search for a local business that sells herbs, loose leaf teas, crystals, etc. IF they don't sell it, they can guide you to a place probably. I'm sure you could find it online, but the folks that work at the herbal medicine stores are usually really helpful and can turn you onto other herbs and stuff

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1037 on: September 01, 2021, 09:29:45 AM »
Anyone have any edible brands they like? I've tried a few, but I feel like most of them don't it for me. The last thing I had was a UBaked chocolate bar that I got for free and on the three occasions I tried it, the most I got was like an onset feeling of being high. First time I ate 20mg, then 30, then 50. I had some Wana gummies not too long ago and even with 30mg of those all I kinda got was a chill relaxing feeling, not the stoned high I get with weed. Are shop edibles just not that strong?

I usually don't fuck with edibles, but we're hanging out with some friends this weekend and I won't be able to smoke. I really don't want to drink beer all day, but still want to have a solid buzz goin.

numagik

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1038 on: September 01, 2021, 09:58:34 AM »
Get a vape and make your own from the leftovers. I just did it for the first time and was shocked by how well it turned out considering I got double use out of it. 10/10 recommend but strain it better than I did or it tastes like shit

drdabber

• Rep: -2
    • Best Dab Pen avatar image
« Reply #1039 on: September 02, 2021, 03:29:51 AM »
CBD oil can be very helpful if you know exactly how to take it and how much in quantity.
You can get a CBD oil vape pen from a trusted and well-known online store just like Dr. Dabber:
https://www.drdabber.com/collections/cbd
Visit the website so, you can find more products and information:
https://www.drdabber.com

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #1040 on: September 03, 2021, 07:19:21 PM »
Anyone have any edible brands they like? I've tried a few, but I feel like most of them don't it for me. The last thing I had was a UBaked chocolate bar that I got for free and on the three occasions I tried it, the most I got was like an onset feeling of being high. First time I ate 20mg, then 30, then 50. I had some Wana gummies not too long ago and even with 30mg of those all I kinda got was a chill relaxing feeling, not the stoned high I get with weed. Are shop edibles just not that strong?

I usually don't fuck with edibles, but we're hanging out with some friends this weekend and I won't be able to smoke. I really don't want to drink beer all day, but still want to have a solid buzz goin.

Noble Road cookies use full spectrum hash rosin.  If you have a homie with a med card, Wana makes 200mg 10 packs for med patients, so 20mg a piece.  Dixie and Apothecare come to mind, but edibles are super informed by everyone's individual   endocannabinoid systems.  I've meant plenty of people who don't get high off edibles...

My senior mother with RMI, however, LOVES Wana gummies.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1041 on: October 17, 2021, 08:58:05 PM »
for the sake of my lungs, I've been on the edible game for a minute. eat a weed candy or 2, .2 psilocybin capsule, skate. nothing better =)

I think most legal weed companies are pretty slimy venture capital sort of joints, and Papa and Barkley is one of them, but their releaf hash gummies are the most consistently dosed I've encountered. had a good run eating their dispo gummies until my homie at the factory stopped getting gallon bags for free.  Same high, every time. Recently moved onto some snickerdoodles this old fella my gal works with made with some indoor key lime pie. they've been pretty enjoyable and are definitely stronger than the P&B gummies. they make it hard to get outta bed in the morning  :o 8) ???

BUT. it's harvest and the flavors are in town ha ha ha homie brought over some modified grape, layer cake, wedding cake, south fork kush, & GMO. this layer cake shit is pure fire. oh man oh man. looking forward to the full term outdoor hindu x trainwreck

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1042 on: October 18, 2021, 12:45:20 AM »
got some russian snow. pretty good stuff. i know the weed is good when i actually forget to smoke up. took some hits, went on my laptop to learn a bit, then suddenly it's like 4 hours later and i also got a good bunch of work done. i was super high but also super focused. had to do a bunch of stuff for programming class and it was a breeze. 

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #1043 on: October 19, 2021, 10:31:21 AM »
for the sake of my lungs, I've been on the edible game for a minute. eat a weed candy or 2, .2 psilocybin capsule, skate. nothing better =)

I think most legal weed companies are pretty slimy venture capital sort of joints, and Papa and Barkley is one of them, but their releaf hash gummies are the most consistently dosed I've encountered. had a good run eating their dispo gummies until my homie at the factory stopped getting gallon bags for free.  Same high, every time. Recently moved onto some snickerdoodles this old fella my gal works with made with some indoor key lime pie. they've been pretty enjoyable and are definitely stronger than the P&B gummies. they make it hard to get outta bed in the morning  :o 8) ???

BUT. it's harvest and the flavors are in town ha ha ha homie brought over some modified grape, layer cake, wedding cake, south fork kush, & GMO. this layer cake shit is pure fire. oh man oh man. looking forward to the full term outdoor hindu x trainwreck

Im the same about 6yrs ago I moved on from heavy trees to capsules/ tinctures and drinks.  I dont do the gummies or pastries, but will straight up buy a shit load of infused ghee butter and microdose it in coffee.

everyone in shops been saying a lot of people dab now and days.  not as many hash and flower heads as the medical days.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1408
« Reply #1044 on: October 19, 2021, 10:34:31 AM »
I've been on the pen tip for about a year now. I'd like to get some more edibles, it's been a while

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1045 on: October 19, 2021, 10:39:59 AM »
looking forward to the full term outdoor hindu x trainwreck
I just tried Kush Train the other week and it straight up had me on my ass, high came on ridiculously strong about 20 to 30 minutes in as I was trying to skate. some fine medication.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1046 on: October 19, 2021, 11:31:20 AM »

Man I had a bitch of a time trying to find good weed when I lived on the Gold Coast (Surfers-Broadbeach area) back in ‘10. EVERYONE had fucking speed and MDMA, yet I couldn’t find decent weed like here in Canada. Found some decent stuff in Byron Bay (expensive as hell), and bought a bunch when I visted Nimbin. Are they still as strict as they were when it comes to weed ?

I’ve got a 30g jar of old-school Romulan grown by a homie in BC on the way, haven’t had good Romulan in years. The man is a magician in the garden, I’ve never seen anything like it, should be in tomorrow.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1047 on: October 19, 2021, 11:44:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Im the same about 6yrs ago I moved on from heavy trees to capsules/ tinctures and drinks.  I dont do the gummies or pastries, but will straight up buy a shit load of infused ghee butter and microdose it in coffee.

everyone in shops been saying a lot of people dab now and days.  not as many hash and flower heads as the medical days.

I was messing with the gummies because they were free and also I appreciate that the dose/effect was predictable- I could eat em and do anything, without getting too stoned. I'll only do home baked edibles at night time. too much variance!

I'm all set with dabs and pens. If I'm going to smoke, I want the flavor and taste of bud. About the people not being as into hash and flower, what I'm seeing is the newer heads being into those mediums. I don't really know though ha ha ha also, shops have a reason to sell dabs/pens- they're cheaper to produce, straight up.

Expand Quote
looking forward to the full term outdoor hindu x trainwreck
[close]
I just tried Kush Train the other week and it straight up had me on my ass, high came on ridiculously strong about 20 to 30 minutes in as I was trying to skate. some fine medication.

yeah I really look forward to it. this kid grew it from seed, as opposed to clones, so it's gonna be extra nice   :) ;) ;D :o the new genetics and desert strains are certainly good, but not necessarily as complex of a high as their parent genetics

cracked a jar of GMO (garlic mushroom onion) yesterday, went out and did stuff. came home and was cursing my partner for cooking onions without the fan on... naw dawg, it was the weed smelling like garlic and mushrooms and onions. ha ha ha

@TheBoognish

Romulan is so fire, man. When the good weed started getting a bit more accessible on the US east coast in the early 00s, romulan was one of the strains people had. Romulan, C-99, Haze, Jack Herer variations, and NL were the jam.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1048 on: October 19, 2021, 01:16:04 PM »

@TheBoognish

Romulan is so fire, man. When the good weed started getting a bit more accessible on the US east coast in the early 00s, romulan was one of the strains people had. Romulan, C-99, Haze, Jack Herer variations, and NL were the jam.

Aw man there’s nothing like it, I’m stoked my friend is dead-set on bringing it back.

Man those strains bring me back, we had a ton of Purple Kush, Silver/Super Silver/Lemon/ Haze and Skunk variations. I miss the old-school Skunk that would stink up your entire house, the kind you’d be paranoid to drive with even if it was in the trunk of your car.

I wish more old-school strains would make a comeback. Damn I sound like a jaded old man.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1049 on: October 19, 2021, 01:26:59 PM »
Expand Quote

@TheBoognish

[close]

Aw man there’s nothing like it, I’m stoked my friend is dead-set on bringing it back.

Man those strains bring me back, we had a ton of Purple Kush, Silver/Super Silver/Lemon/ Haze and Skunk variations. I miss the old-school Skunk that would stink up your entire house, the kind you’d be paranoid to drive with even if it was in the trunk of your car.

I wish more old-school strains would make a comeback. Damn I sound like a jaded old man.

hah ha ha Silver and Lemon Haze ha ha ha oh man. classics