Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 237156 times)

toe_knee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2400 on: April 13, 2023, 08:16:50 AM »
Anybody here know how the butter goods santosuosso denim fits in the waist? also if anybody knows where i can get a 38 or 40 in black?

The 32 fits like a 34, 34 like a 36, definitely vanity sizing, so try them on first, I’d say just look them up every so often, sometimes your find a black pair, also all cash only jeans are the same fit as the butter goods Philly, if you can’t find the butters
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
« Reply #2401 on: April 13, 2023, 08:22:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't like a wide opening, so have tapered Dickies 874s before. From 9" to 7.75", I recall.
[close]

so its a fairly chill process ? ive only ever gotten pants hemmed at a tailor, and i get anxiety about shit like this asking them  ;D
[close]

I get them done at the local dry cleaners. The guy there does a great job, don't even bother showing him where to taper from. It's a pretty easy process.
[close]

I do the same. One of the great recent realizations of my adult life was that I could just take clothes to someone and they could tailor them for me; I don't need to be constantly wearing cutoffs or searching endlessly for pants in the right length. It was $12 a pair, but my cleaner bumped it up to $20, which is still a fine deal for me because I get my pants back fitted exactly as I want them to.

I have inherited a sewing machine from my mother and have been doing it myself the past couple years, my friends will give me jeans and I’ll tailor them to the butter goods fit, or whatever fit they want, it’s an easy enough process with an at home machine, but good on you for keeping a dying artform alive, much props
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

babyyeezus

• Rep: -7
« Reply #2402 on: April 13, 2023, 09:28:38 AM »
Really liking the Quasi/Vans fatigue pants. If anyone grabs a pair, would mucho appreciato an inseam measurement.

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #2403 on: April 13, 2023, 07:14:32 PM »
I’d buy the carhartts all day….anyone mess with dickies wingville jeans?

wingville jeans go hard, definitely would recommend

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2404 on: April 13, 2023, 09:09:12 PM »
Yeah, it seemed like a jean people on here would fuck with…..I’m sure there’s a hot take of dickies charging more for the skate line, but I’ll keep my eye out to see if I can get em on sale..

newguy

« Reply #2405 on: April 14, 2023, 07:02:09 AM »
I usually buy the Genuine dickies line, I think theyre mostly made for cleaning people, its sort of cheap and baggy, I got one at a yard sale and still wearing it 4 yrs later, the cut is amazing

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 198
« Reply #2406 on: April 14, 2023, 07:22:06 AM »
Any jeans out there similar to polar 93’s?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #2407 on: April 14, 2023, 10:28:12 AM »
Tried with the silvertab baggy’s but honestly just can’t do it. Selling off two pairs of 34x30, black and light washed jean. Hemmed to 30 length (moms has an alteration shop and hooked it up). Hit my PM’s if anyone’s interested.

Also selling pair of black Polar Grund jeans, 34x30 hemmed also.

Think I’m a Polar 92! and loose fit but not baggy type of person.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #2408 on: April 14, 2023, 07:48:13 PM »
Does anyone in here know of any good all cotton alternatives to dickies 874? Love the dickies cut but not the polyester, not really a fan of carhartt cuts
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 07:55:50 PM by modern life is war »
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2409 on: April 14, 2023, 07:52:14 PM »
Tried with the silvertab baggy’s but honestly just can’t do it. Selling off two pairs of 34x30, black and light washed jean. Hemmed to 30 length (moms has an alteration shop and hooked it up). Hit my PM’s if anyone’s interested.

Also selling pair of black Polar Grund jeans, 34x30 hemmed also.

Think I’m a Polar 92! and loose fit but not baggy type of person.

I hit the wall too, if you're standing there....and the pants are not touching your legs.....too baggy.....

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #2410 on: April 14, 2023, 09:02:42 PM »
how’s the vans loose tapered fit? like surf pants?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 333
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #2412 on: April 15, 2023, 11:14:41 PM »
Any word on Polar 92 fit? I was gifted some 93 cords and loving them but was thinking of maybe sizing down for a pair to wear more casually. Maybe grab some 92s tts instead? The fit in pictures varies wildly.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2413 on: April 15, 2023, 11:48:59 PM »
Any word on Polar 92 fit? I was gifted some 93 cords and loving them but was thinking of maybe sizing down for a pair to wear more casually. Maybe grab some 92s tts instead? The fit in pictures varies wildly.

I love the 93s. Tried on the 92s and absolutely hated them. They were tight, tapered way too much and overall the fit was very weird for me. I would not classify them as loose fit pants even though they kinda are in the upper part.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2414 on: April 18, 2023, 11:10:06 AM »
https://thinkempire.com/collections/men-pants/products/grand-cotton-pants-ho22

grand cotton pants on sale, are these worth the $60 canadian??

https://thinkempire.com/collections/men-pants/products/brixton-choice-relaxed-chino-pants-fa22

brixton, $40

thinking about copping both and getting the free shipping... anyone had good / bad experiences with these brands/?

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #2415 on: April 18, 2023, 11:50:41 AM »
^^ I'd love a fit comparison to Polar Surfs, or some measurements (especially on an XL) for the Grand pants. The Polar ones fit me perfectly, but the Grand ones are often on sale, and I like the brown corduroy ones that they did for the current season. The Grand ones look a little slimmer in photos, but it's hard to tell.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2416 on: April 18, 2023, 01:11:21 PM »
I’d way rather give my money to grand than polar….

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #2417 on: April 18, 2023, 03:13:34 PM »

polar isnt even on my radar hahahaha

i am considering just getting another 2 pairs of dickies instead but i already have like 4 pairs... not a huge fan of how "high waisted" they feel. and mine have all shrunk quite a bit.

newguy

« Reply #2418 on: April 19, 2023, 01:55:50 AM »

why tho? Polar pants are the real deal, especially the surf pants.

snotbukkake

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2419 on: April 28, 2023, 12:46:42 AM »
Anyone have any idea how the dickies 85-283 Double Knee Denim fits compared to the polar 93 double knees?
I wear a 30/32 in the 93's and they fit just right other than having to cuff them twice.

suhdude

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2420 on: April 28, 2023, 02:50:50 AM »
Does anyone in here know of any good all cotton alternatives to dickies 874? Love the dickies cut but not the polyester, not really a fan of carhartt cuts

Not 100% cotton but I've felt these and they are pretty close to the 874 shape but much softer. Around 60/40 Cotton/Poly composition but don't have that starchy feel. The little red tab on the turn-up may be a little annoying but can easily be unpicked/removed.

https://www.vans.co.uk/shop/en-gb/vans-gb/men-clothing-trousers-chinos/mn-authentic-chino-l-black-vn0a5fjbblk

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
« Reply #2421 on: April 28, 2023, 03:09:59 PM »
This is probably a long shot, but does anyone have Stingwater jeans and can comment on the quality and fit of them? I'm eyeing a pair from their most recent drop but of course they don't have pictures of someone wearing them in their product shots.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 148
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2422 on: April 28, 2023, 05:32:18 PM »
This is probably a long shot, but does anyone have Stingwater jeans and can comment on the quality and fit of them? I'm eyeing a pair from their most recent drop but of course they don't have pictures of someone wearing them in their product shots.
the quality and fit are pretty solid but I don’t like the short rise of them personally. The size 34 I purchased a year or so ago was awesome in that they fit like 36’s and quality was fine but they were nuthuggers man. Why any company would produce “baggy” pants and make them with a short front rise is beyond me. Hopefully they fixed that issue.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #2423 on: May 01, 2023, 07:32:27 AM »
https://thinkempire.com/collections/men-pants/products/grand-cotton-pants-ho22

grand cotton pants on sale, are these worth the $60 canadian??

https://thinkempire.com/collections/men-pants/products/brixton-choice-relaxed-chino-pants-fa22

brixton, $40

thinking about copping both and getting the free shipping... anyone had good / bad experiences with these brands/?

ended up copping these 2 + a pair of Vans "Range" pants at 70% off. so was $75 Cad for 3 pairs of pants all in, free shipping

https://thinkempire.com/collections/men-pants/products/vans-range-relaxed-elastic-pants-fa22

Will do a quick review;

Brixton Choice Relaxed Chino: these are not super loose fitting - but i can get full extension of my legs without feeling restricted at all. I bought a size 33 which is the same size I buy for Dickies and it felt perfect. The quality of the material is very good. Doesn't feel sweaty but its nice and soft too. Fairly thick and seems durable. Not swishy. The button is fastened with belt loop material so I have confidence it will not fall off. There is also a nice little "Shield" Logo that they use above one of the bum pockets which I thought was a really cool little detail.

Grand Trading Cotton Pants: These are a drawstring, very baggy and swishy. I bought a large and they are a bit big on me, but I can tighten them up nicely still and have that Spencer Hamilton look. I am expecting thme to shrink a bit because they are 100% cotton as well. They feel really good quality and the colour is awesome. I think to pay full price for these is a bit crazy because I feel like the quality of Brixton is slightly better and I think they were slightly cheaper as well. They look and feel amazing though, I am really hyped on them. Wore them first out of the 3.

Vans Range These are also a drawstring pant. Straight away they already look hella faded. The quality of the materials is noticably worse than these other 2 brands from like 10 meters away. They actually feel a tiny bit stiff when you wear them, but they might actually last decent as a result. These were only $20 so I think they were worth the money. These fit a lot tighter than the Grand Trading pants.

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #2424 on: May 14, 2023, 08:42:17 AM »

dickies finally released these. i have wanted 100% cotton 874s for YEARS! i just ordered them so cant comment on quality yet.  but theyre called the Chatom pant.  essentially a 100% twill 874 with pleating

Skrotum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #2425 on: May 14, 2023, 06:24:44 PM »
Anyone have any idea how the dickies 85-283 Double Knee Denim fits compared to the polar 93 double knees?
I wear a 30/32 in the 93's and they fit just right other than having to cuff them twice.

I usually size up on the waist so 32/32 should fit good

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #2426 on: May 14, 2023, 07:02:15 PM »
cromer sizing? i got a 30 but local only got 32

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
« Reply #2427 on: May 16, 2023, 03:53:48 PM »
I really want these Grand Violet cords: https://primaryskateboards.ca/collections/latest/products/copy-of-grand-collection-corduroy-pant-in-violet?variant=42369067614364

But I am doubting my ability to pull off such a colour... also they don't have my size currently so I guess I gotta go with the brown ones... Maybe I'll just drive up there and try them on. Often numbers that I think should be important don't mean shit in the end when there's such a huge variation. Even in the 2 pairs of Carhartt's I have that are both 36/32 the waist and length on each feels totally different.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2428 on: May 16, 2023, 05:21:52 PM »
You should call them and get some input…..

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
« Reply #2429 on: May 16, 2023, 05:39:48 PM »
Like a man