Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 584817 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #6120 on: December 25, 2023, 08:16:33 AM »
How do I get back to my body?
And what happens when I do?

Can I still skate everyday when I come out of this Koma trip?

Should I continue to flee or should I get up and follow the probably hallucinations?

Probably should put clothes on first tho.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6121 on: December 25, 2023, 11:18:23 AM »
Why am I paying to stream old episodes of American Dad on Hulu and watching ads?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1149
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6122 on: December 30, 2023, 06:55:32 AM »
Freddy Prinze Jr. is apparently one of the lead writers for the WWE and is married to Buffy the Vampire Slayer, making him the de facto ruler, shadow spirit leader and center mass of white trash dramatic culture, to speak nothing of his genetic lineage. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6123 on: December 30, 2023, 01:52:34 PM »
I got a letter from jury duty saying I'm going to be fined 2000 for not showing up.

Wtf world is this? Was it all a dream.

Could Lawrence court see a high stud count? How do they not remember me?
(A)pl(E)

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
  • sup dog
« Reply #6124 on: December 31, 2023, 08:27:15 AM »
How would one know if they are shadow-banned?
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6125 on: December 31, 2023, 03:50:56 PM »
When Clark Kent switches into Superman mode, what do he do with his clothes?
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #6126 on: December 31, 2023, 05:09:56 PM »
When Clark Kent switches into Superman mode, what do he do with his clothes?

Sometimes he rips them apart because he wears the suit under his casual clothes. He is smart. If he has a bit more time he will change his outfit.
IG: @flowterspace

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
« Reply #6127 on: January 02, 2024, 03:47:05 PM »
I'm in virginia heading south, just stopped by the side of the road to take a piss. As I stepped towards the tall weeds bordering the road, it struck me that when I hit georgia, there might be gators in the ditch.
Do people in Georgia and Florida worry about gators when they get out to take a piss on the side of the road at night? Is this common southern wisdom?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1149
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6128 on: January 02, 2024, 04:20:26 PM »
I'm in virginia heading south, just stopped by the side of the road  :(to take a piss. As I stepped towards the tall weeds bordering the road, it struck me that when I hit georgia, there might be gators in the ditch.
Do people in Georgia and Florida worry about gators when they get out to take a piss on the side of the road at night? Is this common southern wisdom?

Imagine getting John Wayne Bobbitt’ed by what’s essentially a dinosaur.  Talk about a bad day :o 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
« Reply #6129 on: January 02, 2024, 06:45:35 PM »
Just got back from target and wondering how it was possible for the entire store to smell like a shit-filled litter box.  Already confirmed in multiple ways that it wasn't anything on me or my shoes trailing along, just the whole god damn store reeked of litter and fresh cat turds

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #6130 on: January 03, 2024, 02:51:54 AM »
Just got back from target and wondering how it was possible for the entire store to smell like a shit-filled litter box.  Already confirmed in multiple ways that it wasn't anything on me or my shoes trailing along, just the whole god damn store reeked of litter and fresh cat turds

Maybe target reads shithole in cat language?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6131 on: January 04, 2024, 06:25:22 PM »
Crob just bombed Chad door dashers. Who don't dress up for work.

I wonder what happened to him? He seems like he's the type offended by exposed feet.

Oh my gosh that guy as slides with no sox!! I'm gonna break a vein in my forehead! I gotta go
(A)pl(E)

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #6132 on: January 28, 2024, 12:36:50 PM »
my -10 rep here pretty much aligns with my personality,
opinionated just enough to piss a few people off slightly

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #6133 on: January 28, 2024, 09:00:16 PM »
Why the hell are frontside 5-0’s so damn hard now? They were a warmup go-to, and now they’re the hardest fucking trick in the world.

Haze

« Reply #6134 on: January 29, 2024, 08:54:46 AM »
when you’re doing keto and bust in your girl, you technically gave her a sugar-free cream pie. And before anyone comes on here to say “oh but you know all cum has trace amounts of sugar in it” No - not if you’re doing your keto right.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 12:43:56 PM by Haze »

Haze

« Reply #6135 on: January 31, 2024, 08:12:04 PM »
Today, I briefly considered what sort of mythic creature I am: Of course, I’m Hell’s gatekeeper…The mighty hound of Hades, Cerberus, but I also have a little Skate-Satyr / Horny-Centaur energy y'know? I don’t know whether I wanna slay a Gorgon, or try to get some Gorgon pussy. I don’t know if I wanna Shoot arrows at medusas head or some shoot some fuckin’ loads…But, I’ll tell you what I’m not is a fuckin chimera. Chimeras are fucking garbage.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #6136 on: February 01, 2024, 05:11:35 PM »
Idk if this is the right thread, but it seems somewhat fitting. Today I went to the local art museum because it was free and something to do when I’m injured. I spent about 2.5 hours browsing through most of the exhibits. It was cool, it’s a good museum. but i’m not sure I fully absorbed any of the exhibits.

It got me thinking, what’s a good strategy for big museums? Seems like the best way to do it spending a lot of time in only a couple exhibits the best way to understand what they have to offer? Any other tips for museums?

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 71
« Reply #6137 on: February 01, 2024, 05:33:52 PM »
This popped into my head after reading the BHADWP2 thread where people are complaining about Stu’s hardcore band shirts or whatever.
What compels people to be so up their own ass about whether or not someone is a “legit fan” of the band t shirt they’re wearing? Why does it truly matter to You in the grand scheme of life? Does calling them a “phony” stroke your ego and make you feel high and mighty?

I’ll admit, at one point in my life (teenage years) I truly gave a fuck about someone wearing something skate related without skating. But, if you’re in your mid-to-late 20s and older and you STILL care about that shit, you need to check yourself.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
« Reply #6138 on: February 01, 2024, 08:50:04 PM »
Idk if this is the right thread, but it seems somewhat fitting. Today I went to the local art museum because it was free and something to do when I’m injured. I spent about 2.5 hours browsing through most of the exhibits. It was cool, it’s a good museum. but i’m not sure I fully absorbed any of the exhibits.

It got me thinking, what’s a good strategy for big museums? Seems like the best way to do it spending a lot of time in only a couple exhibits the best way to understand what they have to offer? Any other tips for museums?

I try to have as few expectations as possible about how much or what I'm gonna see. Maybe I have one piece in mind that I'm interested in, that's it. The less I care about anything in particular, the more I'm able to enjoy the experience. I like having the mindset that I could go in and come right back out or stay for hours, and it wouldn't make any difference, either could be could.  It isn't always possible, but sneaking in might be the best, because then the art becomes secondary and it can more easily surprise you. In practical terms, if there's a marked route, I don't follow it, and if there are crowded areas, I avoid them (I'm aware this sounds contrarian and silly, but oh well). I also like to sit down for awhile. Great post, now I want to visit a museum.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2242
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #6139 on: February 04, 2024, 11:26:45 AM »
A person who owns, or operates a hotel is a hotelier.
Does it thereby follow that, as an owner & operator of deez nuts, I am a scrotelier?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Dental Dan

• Rep: 40
« Reply #6140 on: February 04, 2024, 12:28:26 PM »

Here's what works for me.
Multiple visits is really good. On the first visit to an exhibit I can see what's there, get an idea of the layout and content. Then when I return to that exhibit I already have a framework for what's there, so my mind isn't busy building a map and a catalog, and I can just look at things.

I haven't properly tried it with a new date but museums also seem like a really good spot for a first date.
The cia should be sucking our toes and building us better ledge tech.

JoeyLebs

• Rep: 1
« Reply #6141 on: February 04, 2024, 07:38:12 PM »
aleka lang off dc website. does anyone know what shoes he's currently skating?
wearing some heitor forum’s here https://www.instagram.com/reel/C26ALyQpuim/?igsh=MTl5cWZ0cnVmOXY2dQ==

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #6142 on: February 11, 2024, 04:52:32 PM »
Pretty sure that I’m years late on this, but is Steve Berra just evil Zach Braff?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6143 on: February 12, 2024, 06:07:08 AM »
Do you think you should edit yourself when you like reluctant interview or should you just be brutality honest and hope for the best?
(A)pl(E)

Pasta Monster

« Reply #6144 on: February 28, 2024, 02:12:35 PM »
The prosecution of Harvey Weinstein and Jeffrey Epstein will probably be considered anti-Semitic in the near future.

addie pray

• Rep: -527
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #6145 on: February 28, 2024, 02:15:28 PM »
idk bout that 1 chief

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #6146 on: March 11, 2024, 02:09:29 PM »
I wish I could redo life.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6147 on: March 15, 2024, 12:30:41 PM »
I like Mike Arnold very much. He might be my favorite modern style as that's is exactly what I wanted my peak aged vocabulary to translate like.

So yeah at this moment he's like right above everyone but Funk Troy and Kader on my style tree.

Where is Funk? Have I missed anything recent? The whole world has bit his style. Now they're flipping into the flat gap truck bash. Not quite as fast but I seen a few close.

If I was to give advice is don't flip in to those Mr funk. Keep it style keep it fast. Do it fakie backside.
That's what I wanna see fuckin big time.
(A)pl(E)

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
« Reply #6148 on: March 15, 2024, 12:40:02 PM »
Do you think you should edit yourself when you like reluctant interview or should you just be brutality honest and hope for the best?

I've read this sentence like 6 times in a row and I'm struggling to understand.
Do you mean should you edit yourself if you're in a job interview?
If so, fuck yeah. Lie your ass off. Say whatever they want to hear. Get that money.
If it's an interview at a company you're really stoked on and you're hoping to stay there for a long time, maybe don't outright lie but also don't shy away from sugarcoating the truth. Sugarcoat the fuck outta that truth.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1110
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #6149 on: March 15, 2024, 11:50:47 PM »
Which skateboarder looks most like John Stamos?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"