Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 236921 times)

Velcro Wallet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 216
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1320 on: September 30, 2021, 01:38:12 AM »
If you’re gonna get them taken in at the waist it best to only get it done slightly. It will still bunch (but not as bad) and still keep its baggy-ness. And a thick, wide leather belt. Works for me.

Clock3rs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1321 on: September 30, 2021, 02:31:54 AM »
So you're somewhat going down from a w42 to a w38 and the rest is handled by a belt?

Thanks buddy

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -60
  • eight equals d
« Reply #1322 on: September 30, 2021, 02:47:04 AM »
So you're somewhat going down from a w42 to a w38 and the rest is handled by a belt?

Thanks buddy

im not sure but i heard more than two inches around the waist starts to mess with the structure of the pockets etc. so you might only be able to take it down to a 40. i would suggest cutting a small hole on the inside seam of the waist and running a shoe string through the inside hem until you get to the other side of the botton. it will scrunch more evenly and then if you need extra tightness, you can throw a belt on too
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

Clock3rs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1323 on: September 30, 2021, 04:19:27 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks buddy
[close]

im not sure but i heard more than two inches around the waist starts to mess with the structure of the pockets etc. so you might only be able to take it down to a 40. i would suggest cutting a small hole on the inside seam of the waist and running a shoe string through the inside hem until you get to the other side of the botton. it will scrunch more evenly and then if you need extra tightness, you can throw a belt on too

Thought about doing so, but would need to remove the Levis patch, which somewhat bothered me as its quite iconic for the pants itself.

Wouldn't mind doing it for a more comfy fit, tho

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #1324 on: September 30, 2021, 06:57:43 PM »
Any insights on the fit of Carhartt WIP double knees fit waist wise? Thought I’ve heard people say size down from True size?

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #1325 on: September 30, 2021, 07:33:17 PM »
If you’re after a good pair of fleece tracksuit pants the Primitive cargo ones are so good. Perfect amount of baggy-ness.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 145
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1326 on: September 30, 2021, 07:34:28 PM »
Any insights on the fit of Carhartt WIP double knees fit waist wise? Thought I’ve heard people say size down from True size?
32’s measure like 34’s. 33’s measure like 35’s. Etc. get your normal pant size if you want some bag. Size down if you want a snug fit

superleftswipebby

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #1327 on: September 30, 2021, 09:00:17 PM »
Expand Quote
copped some quasi utilities in eggplant. these are next level
[close]
Post a pic, I'm super curious about these

i’ll get back to ya.

jus a heads up. justin henry seems to be rocking whatever quasi is about to drop. from the looks of it seems like they’ve got some dark brown cords n black utilities with white stitching tbr

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #1328 on: October 01, 2021, 04:24:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
32’s measure like 34’s. 33’s measure like 35’s. Etc. get your normal pant size if you want some bag. Size down if you want a snug fit

Thank you.

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #1329 on: October 01, 2021, 05:33:03 AM »
just got a pair of Levi 560 on eBay for £5. I'm a 33W I got a 36W 34L length was too long so had to chop them but the bagginess is perfect.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

Frontside Slappy

• Rep: 95
  • Somewhere in a parking garage
« Reply #1330 on: October 01, 2021, 07:45:18 AM »
Picked up a couple pairs of the hardwork carpenter denim pants from Obey the last time they had their surplus sale for $22 a pair, been pretty much exclusively skating them since and they've been holding up great! Nice loose fit at the hips and thighs with a little taper at the ankles.
"That was a clean one." -Werner Herzog

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #1331 on: October 01, 2021, 08:13:42 AM »
This may be a long shot but any one know any nice loose fit jorts for my Paul wall cosplay?

Cash Only has some you may dig
SPB!

newguy

« Reply #1332 on: October 01, 2021, 03:05:53 PM »
Picked up a couple pairs of the hardwork carpenter denim pants from Obey the last time they had their surplus sale for $22 a pair, been pretty much exclusively skating them since and they've been holding up great! Nice loose fit at the hips and thighs with a little taper at the ankles.

I had the complete opposite experience, fit was all over the place, had to break them in for a solid year and many washes, the material felt very weak and tore through rapidly with moderate skating… I’ve worn them for 2 years now and I had fun repairing it with fun patches, the fit is great now, and I skate them a lot, but I’m still sour I paid 55€ for them and had to break them in for so long… I’m just not a fan of Obeys egregious sizing as a whole, their clothes run so big

superleftswipebby

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1333 on: October 03, 2021, 04:59:19 PM »
Expand Quote
copped some quasi utilities in eggplant. these are next level
[close]
Post a pic, I'm super curious about these

for reference i upsized from a 30 these are in a size 32.

backup link: https://imgur.com/a/jHvt7OP

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1334 on: October 04, 2021, 06:45:56 PM »
Just came to say that Silvertabs are still the best fitting and best quality baggy pant. Just got my first pair in from eBay and they are fantastic. Baggy tapered fit without having to size up on the waist. Absolutely perfect.

Anyone got a go-to lightweight/warm weather loose pant that isn’t polar surf pants? They’re too short for me

Lunker

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1335 on: October 05, 2021, 08:38:48 PM »

Wrangler Hero denims I got from the thrift. Size 34 when I usually wear 30. blesssssssssed

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 212
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
« Reply #1336 on: October 05, 2021, 09:00:58 PM »
anyone here try the magenta OG pants or the magenta loose pants? been eyeing them up for a bit

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #1337 on: October 08, 2021, 02:22:25 PM »
these new workshop pants look pretty good. $100 not that bad of a price for being made in the USA

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -60
  • eight equals d
« Reply #1338 on: October 08, 2021, 03:54:26 PM »
not baggy enough
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

sadnocomply

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1339 on: October 08, 2021, 05:35:36 PM »
Scooped a couple fideicide aka homies network denims, the alien workshop baggy denims, the Louie Lopez baggy tapered earth cord, and some polar 44’s and 93’s. Baggy for life :)

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1340 on: October 08, 2021, 06:01:30 PM »
Those new green polar 44s look so good. Bummer they don’t come in my size

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #1341 on: October 08, 2021, 11:17:00 PM »
Scooped a couple fideicide aka homies network denims, the alien workshop baggy denims, the Louie Lopez baggy tapered earth cord, and some polar 44’s and 93’s. Baggy for life :)
Awesome pick ups!!

Need some photo comparisons. I wanna see how baggy the Louie cords are. Are they like the 93’s?? Cheers

pops

• Rep: 252
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1342 on: October 09, 2021, 10:48:24 AM »
Should I pick same waist size in dickies 874 as I do in Industrial work pant?

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #1343 on: October 10, 2021, 11:24:44 AM »
Butter Goods just dropped their new Fall collection and they have some good looking pants in there. I have my eye on those herringbone pants with the contrast stitching, but I wish they had a better size chart/better product photos to get a sense of the fit. Would ideally like as little taper as possible and at least a 9' leg opening.

Might still pull the trigger once they drop in the US store...

https://buttergoods.com/collections/all

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
« Reply #1344 on: October 10, 2021, 01:51:43 PM »
Butter Goods just dropped their new Fall collection and they have some good looking pants in there. I have my eye on those herringbone pants with the contrast stitching, but I wish they had a better size chart/better product photos to get a sense of the fit. Would ideally like as little taper as possible and at least a 9' leg opening.

All butter stuff is the best, I have two pair of the Philly pants and a pair of the cash only denim that is made by the same people I believe, I’ll prolly grab another pair of the Philllys this drop as well
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1345 on: October 10, 2021, 04:10:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

All butter stuff is the best, I have two pair of the Philly pants and a pair of the cash only denim that is made by the same people I believe, I’ll prolly grab another pair of the Philllys this drop as well

Philly denim is so nice. I have a pair and a butter goods tee. All such good quality. I don’t need any new pairs of pants but I really want a pair of those Philly jeans with the green stitching. Also some of the cords in this drop look amazing. I just wish the herringbone pants had some taper but they look amazing too. My wallet is crying at me haha

liahoop9595

• Rep: 16
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1346 on: October 10, 2021, 06:41:14 PM »
Anyone try the Louie Volcom pants yet?

newguy

« Reply #1347 on: October 10, 2021, 11:19:57 PM »
I mentioned the ASOS ultra baggy earlier and never posted a pic, here’s how they fit

sadnocomply

« Reply #1348 on: October 11, 2021, 12:10:04 PM »
Anyone try the Louie Volcom pants yet?
the earth cords just arrived today. Damn good quality on these. Tagged size 33, but measures like a 36 across the waist. Plenty room in the thighs and rise and 8.5” leg opening. I will be wearing these all winter. Had 10% off, so for 67.50 shipped- these are well worth it. I’m sure the denim is exactly the same cut and damn good quality as well

sadnocomply

« Reply #1349 on: October 11, 2021, 12:13:35 PM »

if you get a 32 it will measure like a 34, if you get a 34 it will measure like a 36, etc. leg opening on them should be about 8.5” across all sizes from my experience with butter goods. Outseam should be around 40.5” to 41.7” on sizes 32 and 34 so about a 29” inseam. Hope this helps! Can’t wait to get my hands on the green with white stitching. Omg so beautiful