Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 547102 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #5730 on: September 11, 2023, 12:25:45 AM »
I have been wanting to skate something similar to the Henry FUK board and I almost picked up a sweatpants a while back. But something about those wheels wells may make this the one I do pick up.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

JJN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
« Reply #5731 on: September 11, 2023, 03:05:19 AM »
Dead Dave and "skinny" Dead Dave... 8)

The recent one feels like a "normal" skateboard (compared)...kind of like the 10.1 more...I've been trying to learn as many footplants as I could, in small transition mostly...for that I guess you can't beat the feeling of the 10.1"!

Been using a "normal" 8.5" popsicle lately for the street stuff I do...mainly learning slappies at the moment. 10.1" and 8.5" seems like a good combo, still kind of undecided about the 9.75" version? Need more miles though, just a couple of park sessions in. Really dig the new graphics though.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #5732 on: September 11, 2023, 06:57:44 AM »
Expand Quote
I always come back to the sweatpants shape.
Krooked gonz sweatpants 9.81
Indy 169 standard w/ 92a med/hard bushings
Spitfire f4 radial full 56mm 99a
Quantum isotopes
Rad rails standard
Mob
Roughneck 1” Allen
Dunks

[close]

Both timeless and a modern classic. Standards but not stock - I spy them ikps.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cw8PrLivSZX/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Man I love this shape

chaosisme

• Rep: 56
  • mankind is unkind man
« Reply #5733 on: September 13, 2023, 11:17:47 AM »

This is a long shot but does anyone have one of these and wants to part ways with it? It’s like my dream deck and I am really hoping that they will do a reissue one day!
mankind is unkind man

GS77

• Rep: 94
« Reply #5734 on: September 13, 2023, 12:40:11 PM »

This is a long shot but does anyone have one of these and wants to part ways with it? It’s like my dream deck and I am really hoping that they will do a reissue one day!

What about an AllTimers deck?

https://www.tactics.com/alltimers/fried-925-skateboard-deck/navy

chaosisme

• mankind is unkind man
« Reply #5735 on: September 13, 2023, 04:09:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I feel like I’ve heard too much shit about that team that’s made me not want to support them but I love Frog, they have reissued other shapes from the past so fingers crossed this one gets the same treatment!

Cheers for the suggestion though, that is exactly the same isn’t it haha
mankind is unkind man

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5736 on: September 13, 2023, 06:11:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I feel like I’ve heard too much shit about that team that’s made me not want to support them but I love Frog, they have reissued other shapes from the past so fingers crossed this one gets the same treatment!

It looks like the stock BBS / Generator shape from their site too, so I am guessing it is not just a one off in that regard.

GS6 shape

https://skatesamples.com/products/shaped-decks

The most frustrating thing about that is although you don't need graphics, sometimes the shop will have sales or discounts, which might bring the board down to a more medium price, free shipping, free grip, but from the BBS / Generator online site, you have to buy your own grip and pay for shipping, so depending on where you are or how many of them you get, it can work out nicely or it can work out to be much the same after all that.

Just another option anyway, so at least you know what is there, if nothing else, they should always be in stock, by the look of things.

* Showed 987 in stock when I went through the checkout

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
« Reply #5737 on: September 13, 2023, 07:10:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

It looks like the stock BBS / Generator shape from their site too, so I am guessing it is not just a one off in that regard.

GS6 shape

The most frustrating thing about that is although you don't need graphics, sometimes the shop will have sales or discounts, which might bring the board down to a more medium price, free shipping, free grip, but from the BBS / Generator online site, you have to buy your own grip and pay for shipping, so depending on where you are or how many of them you get, it can work out nicely or it can work out to be much the same after all that.

Just another option anyway, so at least you know what is there, if nothing else, they should always be in stock, by the look of things.

Can always count on you for board info. Your work is appreciated.
Your posting that pic has saved me when I run out of the shovel noses I’ve been riding for the past couple years, there’s one close enough shape wise I can make it into it and keep it the same dims.

chaosisme

• mankind is unkind man
« Reply #5738 on: September 14, 2023, 02:17:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

GS6 shape

Ahh thank you so much, this is so helpful! I’m in the UK so that’s probably not ideal but still thanks for that, much appreciated
mankind is unkind man

JimmyFive

• Rep: 58
« Reply #5739 on: September 14, 2023, 02:48:09 AM »
no pic but I picked up a madness pelka blunt. I really like it so far, but the ace 66 with 58mm spitfire conical full makes the rear stick out a little which I do not like. I'll learn to live with it I guess. I'm thinking of snagging the Losi guest model since I do prefer a little more nose on a board. At this point I've just been looking at decks in the 9.5" and up range. My son has taken my loveseat as his own pretty much, and now when I step on it it feels small as can be. Variety being the spice of life, I'd like to be used to switching from a larger board to a smaller one and vice versa with as little getting used-to-it period as possible. What i lack in ability I can make up for with variety of deck excuses maybe.

I just picked this up for a steal. I think it works better at 14.5wb, 15 just didn't feel right with the shape.
The resin7 construction is incredibly solid but heavier and very stiff. I ended up going back to my huffer but I'll try break her in once this is done..

finecojeffe

• Rep: 131
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #5740 on: September 14, 2023, 07:20:26 AM »

GS6 shape

I've seen that site before, it's not a scam? Zero google search results for reviews and it's young site. $26 per deck is unreal.

minilogoflow

• Rep: 84
« Reply #5741 on: September 14, 2023, 09:53:09 AM »
Expand Quote

GS6 shape

[close]

I've seen that site before, it's not a scam? Zero google search results for reviews and it's young site. $26 per deck is unreal.

It's legit, it's a site that sells boards directly from BBS/Generator. I'm sure part of why it's a simple unrecognizable site is they don't want their reputation to take a hit for selling blanks.

finecojeffe

• Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #5742 on: September 14, 2023, 10:23:54 AM »

It's legit, it's a site that sells boards directly from BBS/Generator. I'm sure part of why it's a simple unrecognizable site is they don't want their reputation to take a hit for selling blanks.

thats cool. Have you ordered from there? I was concerned since the font treatment up top and the lack of google results made it appear like a scam

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5743 on: September 14, 2023, 11:03:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

thats cool. Have you ordered from there? I was concerned since the font treatment up top and the lack of google results made it appear like a scam

To put your mind at further ease, Generator's website links directly to that shop.

https://www.generatordistribution.com/samples

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #5744 on: September 14, 2023, 11:44:07 AM »
Here's a few posts from the Set-Up Thread where they are riding BBS Blanks. If you click on the posters name and link back to the thread there is more info in the comments on the posts. As far as the site is concerned, I think it is so new because BBS just started selling blanks as a reaction to PSStix doing something similar.

8.25 BBS/Generator blank
Venture lo
50mm wheels
Swiss
7/8’s Allen
Jessup

Expand Quote
Really leaned into the concept of "shop board" with the deck and stickers
Marriage shop deck, 8.6 (not sure of the rest of the dims, assuming it's the standard BBS 8.6)
Ace AF1 Low 60s with hollow axle hangers (also replaced the kingpin & axle nuts with the titanium Acer nuts)
Spitfire lil smokies classics 50mm
Quantum bearings
Acer titanium hardware
Pepper grip

[close]
This Marriage shop deck has been the best board I've ridden in a long time, the shape, dimensions and wood all just felt perfect, so I was delighted to confirm that it is actually the BBS/Generator blank 8.625 shape (8.625x32.375 14.625wb). So I got some of those and kept everything otherwise the same (including stain color)

them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

finecojeffe

• Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #5745 on: September 14, 2023, 11:45:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

To put your mind at further ease, Generator's website links directly to that shop.

awesome! Thank you, definitely puts my mind at ease

WelcomeToHell

• Rep: 258
« Reply #5746 on: September 14, 2023, 05:28:37 PM »
Cross post from the egg thread.

Won this deck in a raffle Fos put on a month or 2 ago. Gave me an excuse to get some Ace 77s and set up a Christmas complete.

Took this out for a curb session later in the day and the 10” egg is wild! I usually run the 9.4 and this is so much bigger. Also had to get adjusted to Aces as I’ve only run Indys for the last 3 decades.

This thing is a boat but it’s a blast.

Heroin Curb Killer 3
Ace 77s
Snot Snellings 56mm
Reds
Shop grip from Embark

Jack Locke

« Reply #5747 on: September 16, 2023, 08:11:39 PM »
10.75 Texican Beamer (out of Houston) w/15.5 wheelbase and tri-tail
Indy 215
Real wood risers
Swiss
Powell Dragon 54mm

It's a surfboard basically

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #5748 on: September 16, 2023, 08:15:58 PM »
Cross post from the egg thread.

Won this deck in a raffle Fos put on a month or 2 ago. Gave me an excuse to get some Ace 77s and set up a Christmas complete.

Took this out for a curb session later in the day and the 10” egg is wild! I usually run the 9.4 and this is so much bigger. Also had to get adjusted to Aces as I’ve only run Indys for the last 3 decades.

This thing is a boat but it’s a blast.

Heroin Curb Killer 3
Ace 77s
Snot Snellings 56mm
Reds
Shop grip from Embark

Fos rules!!!

animalflesh

« Reply #5749 on: September 17, 2023, 08:27:00 AM »
10.75 Texican Beamer (out of Houston) w/15.5 wheelbase and tri-tail
Indy 215
Real wood risers
Swiss
Powell Dragon 54mm

It's a surfboard basically

Good

Nice death sticker

dunc

• Rep: 54
« Reply #5750 on: September 17, 2023, 09:25:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
awesome! Thank you, definitely puts my mind at ease

220 bucks to ship 2 decks to nz . Wowzers.
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #5751 on: September 17, 2023, 10:00:35 PM »
Something coming out that could be an orange eagle with wheel wells and gonz art (assuming based on given dimensions)

My favorite Blind board, probably favorite board of all time.  Stoked they're bringing it back again.

finecojeffe

• Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #5752 on: September 18, 2023, 05:57:21 AM »
crail couch, venture 6.1, spit f4 55mm, lil jawns rails. Absolute fun all arounder for me. Flips well, boardslides fast even when going slow, and the grind feels pretty good. Haven't had ventures for maybe 29-30 years now.

Jack Locke

« Reply #5753 on: September 18, 2023, 10:55:42 AM »
Anyone try the loveseat plus? The sub 14wb no bueno for me

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5754 on: September 19, 2023, 05:17:03 AM »
Anyone try the loveseat plus? The sub 14wb no bueno for me

Aren't the loveseat plus 14.25wb?

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #5755 on: September 19, 2023, 07:11:07 AM »
Yes loveseat plus is 14.25

sbr

• Trade Count: (+18)
« Reply #5756 on: September 23, 2023, 05:56:30 AM »

Having so much on this thing that there's a good chance this will become my daily driver...
  • Krooked Zip Zogger 10.75" x 30" WB 14.3"
  • Ace AF1 80's
  • Ace 1" Allen
  • Ace 1/8" Risers
  • Bones Swiss
  • Spitfire F4 Gonz Conical Full 99a 58's
Small man, big board...
IG: s.b.r_

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5757 on: September 24, 2023, 05:42:50 AM »

Crossposting!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5758 on: September 25, 2023, 07:15:26 AM »

Having so much on this thing that there's a good chance this will become my daily driver...
  • Krooked Zip Zogger 10.75" x 30" WB 14.3"
  • Ace AF1 80's
  • Ace 1" Allen
  • Ace 1/8" Risers
  • Bones Swiss
  • Spitfire F4 Gonz Conical Full 99a 58's

that's a beauty..

DubStyleeCA

• Rep: -7
« Reply #5759 on: September 25, 2023, 09:16:52 AM »
I had a Chocolate couch shape 9.25 for a couple days. Had to sell it. Wheelbase was crazy small for the size and I wasn't ready for it yet. I prefer my OG Powell flat nose shape from, what is it like 1978 ish???