Author Topic: Astrology and Skateboarding  (Read 16323 times)

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Astrology and Skateboarding
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2020, 11:22:27 AM »
That's not how slap works. It's battle royale in this board. Texas death match style.

No not really I got a " warning" from the admins for using the word gay. Slap isn't as funny or as fun as it used to be. People take this shit serious lol

Jaqen H Gnar

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2020, 11:25:07 AM »
Expand Quote
That's not how slap works. It's battle royale in this board. Texas death match style.
[close]

No not really I got a " warning" from the admins for using the word gay. Slap isn't as funny or as fun as it used to be. People take this shit serious lol
For
Real?

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1389
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2020, 11:33:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Interesting to a degree, but most of this shit just goes right over my head. My wife tries to talk to me about it, but I guess my disinterest prevents me from wanting to understand.
To contribute, though; my birthday is 8/11. Same as Justin Henry, Hulk Hogan (fuck that racist mf), Chris Hemsworth, Joe Rogan (fuck him, too), and Steve Wozniak.
I don't know of any other AMs or Pros with whom I share a birthday, though.
[close]

At least you’ve got this goin for you.

Any fellow libra skaters out there?

Edit - I predict this thread to be a dumpster fire within the hour
[close]

Shalom my fellow Libra. I just looked it up and according to this app I’m Libra Sun, Libra Moon, Libra Rising. I’m not sure exactly what that means.

Expand Quote
I'm a libra with the same birthday (September 30) as T-Pain, Virgil Abloh, and Ezra Miller. Have no clue how it would relate to skating.

If someone could explain to me how constellations and birthdate would impact my personality and preferences I would believe it more. I do like reading about some of it though, and its one of the more harmless things to be tribal about.
[close]

Woah same birthday!

Expand Quote
im a triple libra (moon, sun, rising) and am pretty good at manuals so i guess i just fetishize balance  ;D
[close]

Damn it’s getting Libra as fuck in here.

Yoooo what's up my fellow Librarians, I'm here to add to that fuckery. Big shout to the scales, we're balanced but I'm terrible at manuals so no help there.

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2020, 11:34:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Man, what a bummer. You should just start posting somewhere else, that'd show 'em
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2020, 11:36:01 AM »
Ive been banned multiple times, once just for having an offensive username. People have no sense of humor at all on here, ive noticed the majority of users take take all their queues from vice and buzzfeed

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
  • old and in the way
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2020, 11:40:10 AM »
OP we share the same birthday with Cardiel which is cool. I'm interested in Astrology/Tarot because I've always been fascinated and drawn the artwork and imagery but I fail to grasp any real meaning or magic from them. I try not to be dismissive of people's belief systems if they aren't harming anybody and Astrology and Tarot seem to be a thing that a lot of people especially women feel empowered by. It doesn't seem to be controlled by any male authority and maybe that's a part of it? Maybe you'd know more than me?
I always thought that a reading of the cards was a bit like an inkblot test and a bit like D&D.
Anyways, my ex used to send me these monthly. The Quietest Revolution is a Jersey Shore crazy lady:

« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 11:47:39 AM by funeral_tuxedo »

Digital Rasta

« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2020, 11:46:08 AM »
Im a Virgo, August 29th. Shared birthday with Michael Jackson and as far as pro skaters....Colin McKay, Mikey Taylor, and Adam Dyet.
I'm pretty sure that is also GG Allins birthday.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2020, 11:49:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Interesting to a degree, but most of this shit just goes right over my head. My wife tries to talk to me about it, but I guess my disinterest prevents me from wanting to understand.
To contribute, though; my birthday is 8/11. Same as Justin Henry, Hulk Hogan (fuck that racist mf), Chris Hemsworth, Joe Rogan (fuck him, too), and Steve Wozniak.
I don't know of any other AMs or Pros with whom I share a birthday, though.
[close]

At least you’ve got this goin for you.

Any fellow libra skaters out there?

Edit - I predict this thread to be a dumpster fire within the hour
[close]

Shalom my fellow Libra. I just looked it up and according to this app I’m Libra Sun, Libra Moon, Libra Rising. I’m not sure exactly what that means.

Expand Quote
I'm a libra with the same birthday (September 30) as T-Pain, Virgil Abloh, and Ezra Miller. Have no clue how it would relate to skating.

If someone could explain to me how constellations and birthdate would impact my personality and preferences I would believe it more. I do like reading about some of it though, and its one of the more harmless things to be tribal about.
[close]

Woah same birthday!

Expand Quote
im a triple libra (moon, sun, rising) and am pretty good at manuals so i guess i just fetishize balance  ;D
[close]

Damn it’s getting Libra as fuck in here.
[close]

Yoooo what's up my fellow Librarians, I'm here to add to that fuckery. Big shout to the scales, we're balanced but I'm terrible at manuals so no help there.

Libra checking in and same- I couldn't manual more than 10' to save my own life. Pretty ambidextrous though!

Digital Rasta

« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2020, 11:54:18 AM »
OP we share the same birthday with Cardiel which is cool. I'm interested in Astrology/Tarot because I've always been fascinated and drawn the artwork and imagery but I fail to grasp any real meaning or magic from them. I try not to be dismissive of people's belief systems if they aren't harming anybody and Astrology and Tarot seem to be a thing that a lot of people especially women feel empowered by. It doesn't seem to be controlled by any male authority and maybe that's a part of it? Maybe you'd know more than me?
I always thought that a reading of the cards was a bit like an inkblot test and a bit like D&D.
I think women are drawn to it just because it gives them a sense of identity that crosses lines of race, age and gender. I don't know anything about Tarot cards other than not to fuck with them LOL. That's a keen observation that women use their knowledge of themselves to subvert male authority. They are often more honest with themselves about who they really are and what they want from life.

ride the tiger

• Rep: -18
  • Are you telling me a shrimp fried this rice?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2020, 11:59:55 AM »
Astrology is racism for girls.

My unpopular opinion is that this forum is actually not about skateboarding.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2020, 12:01:16 PM »
Ha true true  ;D
Libra posse unite!

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
  • old and in the way
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2020, 12:02:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I think women are drawn to it just because it gives them a sense of identity that crosses lines of race, age and gender. I don't know anything about Tarot cards other than not to fuck with them LOL. That's a keen observation that women use their knowledge of themselves to subvert male authority. They are often more honest with themselves about who they really are and what they want from life.

Sorry I always conflate astrology with tarot. What pro skater do you think embodies each sign?

neckbeard

• Rep: -64
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2020, 12:08:59 PM »
Any nonbelievers in astrology are just SJWs who don't want to face up to the mystical realities that lie therein. All the elites who control us like puppets use astrology to gain insights and power. It'd behoove you to read up on this stuff so you can know when the Freemasons and other groups are sending you cosmic messages that could possibly make you a very influential, powerful and wealthy person if you simply understood them and made them the basis of your choices in life. I'm telling you this to help you be more in tune with the universe. I have no ulterior motives.

ride the tiger

« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2020, 12:11:27 PM »
Any nonbelievers in astrology are just SJWs who don't want to face up to the mystical realities that lie therein. All the elites who control us like puppets use astrology to gain insights and power. It'd behoove you to read up on this stuff so you can know when the Freemasons and other groups are sending you cosmic messages that could possibly make you a very influential, powerful and wealthy person if you simply understood them and made them the basis of your choices in life. I'm telling you this to help you be more in tune with the universe. I have no ulterior motives.

Alot of sjws are now larping as atheist witches.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2020, 12:12:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Tarot is best used as a symbolic mirror and to bring to awareness certain thoughts/feelings that exist within you that may need attention. It's a tool, but it's been miscontrued as a fortune telling device. So it's yet another thing that can be extremely useful to people that's often written off as wacky garbage.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2020, 12:23:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Sorry I always conflate astrology with tarot. What pro skater do you think embodies each sign?
Good question.
Aries- Bryan Herman or Rowan
Taurus- Gilbert Crockett
Gemini- Erick Winkowski
Cancer- Chris Pfanner
Leo- Elissa Steamer
Virgo- Spencer Hamilton or Cromer
Libra- Heitor Da Silva or SBN
Scorpio- Emanuel Guzman
Sagittarius- Wes Kremer
Capricorn- Tyshawn Jones
Aquarius- Brandon Westgate
Pisces- Milton Martinez

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2020, 12:27:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Ha true true  ;D
Libra posse unite!

Triple Libra here and I consider myself pretty good manual balance. On pads I only have regular mannies and nose mannies consistently. I can get more technical but it will involve a lot of patience and sweat.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2020, 12:30:21 PM »
I lie on the cusp (cancer/leo) so naturally I have one caution hand and the other does the hewitt.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2020, 12:41:20 PM »
My birthday is 8/9 -- Leo's represent!!

In reality, I've never really fucked with astrology because I never felt like I fit the character descriptions I've read about Leo's -- doesn't really seem to fit my personality, as I'm pretty reserved and place a lot of personal value in modesty and humility. The typical Leo character description sounds like a laundry list of characteristics I really dislike in other people (big ego, ostentatiousness, vanity, etc.).

Maybe that's just the leo in me talking though, lol  ::)
You probably have planets in Virgo perhaps Mercury or Mars. Reservations, humility and modesty are Virgo characteristics. You also have the same birthday as Erik Ellington

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 784
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2020, 12:46:15 PM »
100% GAY

I'm 1010% gay

cock swastika patches cumming soon

hard cock mfg.

hell dick ride

nothing's been the since same

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2020, 12:49:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Tarot is best used as a symbolic mirror and to bring to awareness certain thoughts/feelings that exist within you that may need attention. It's a tool, but it's been miscontrued as a fortune telling device. So it's yet another thing that can be extremely useful to people that's often written off as wacky garbage.

I like the cut of your jib. I think most "occult" practices get misinterpreted in similarly.

Anyway, I'm a cancer. I'm not really into the the zodiac or astrology, but I do like to blame my personality flaws on it. Like hoarding gear and only ever wanting to skate the same 2 spots by my home.

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2020, 02:12:48 PM »
ophiuchus

Glurmpz

« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2020, 02:21:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nice backtrack and frantically edited post. Notice how he never denied being an Incel or confirmed he has ever made it past 'Hello' with a real life woman
[close]
1/4 of westerners believe in astrology to some degree
[close]
It's way more than that. Not to mention there are separate astrology systems for China, India, Native Americans and others. It's a worldwide phenomenon that spans nearly every ancient culture and is older than recorded history. It's just a bunch of fantasy horse shit though AMIRITE? You champions of true science and logic
Expand Quote
Of course I've known women who believe in astrology.
[close]
Do you jump in their faces and take a hot steaming dump on them for believing in it? Probably not in real life huh

First bolded part, yes, it's just a bunch of bullshit.

As for women or anyone else who starts talking about it in my presence - I just give em' the old "Ooooooohhh, yeeeaaah?" and roll my eyes and change the subject or stop talking to that person. Luckily I haven't been put in that awkward position too much because I tend to hang around people with common sense.

ride the tiger

« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2020, 02:34:16 PM »
Can i get a reading.

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2020, 02:39:53 PM »
I’m not in to astrology, but I have definitely listened to a woman go on and on about it in order to be granted vagina access. Nobody believes exactly what I believe either, so who cares?

Biggiemouths

• Rep: -43
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2020, 02:55:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Im a Virgo, August 29th. Shared birthday with Michael Jackson and as far as pro skaters....Colin McKay, Mikey Taylor, and Adam Dyet.
[close]
I'm pretty sure that is also GG Allins birthday.
I Was happily born the day G.G died (6/28)

Colin Robinson

• Rep: 63
  • energy vampire
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2020, 02:56:36 PM »
Now do Tarot cards and skateboarding.

Biggiemouths

• Rep: -43
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2020, 03:04:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I like the cut of your jib. I think most "occult" practices get misinterpreted in similarly.

Anyway, I'm a cancer. I'm not really into the the zodiac or astrology, but I do like to blame my personality flaws on it. Like hoarding gear and only ever wanting to skate the same 2 spots by my home.
Haha im cáncer myself aswell, i do share the passion for hoarding anything that brings me a Good memory and if i REALLY like a spot i dont mind spending my life there

goeatsomefriedbread

• Rep: 268
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2020, 03:06:40 PM »
I have the same birthday as Britney Spears

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 748
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2020, 03:34:15 PM »

I’d like to think I’m a Libra decent at manuals. Down to squad up with my fellow indecisive skaters.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this