Author Topic: Insoles?  (Read 15601 times)

johnes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
Re: Insoles?
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2019, 04:41:02 AM »
My dr scholls fit just fine in my hiking boots and all my skate shoes, my feet used to hurt a lot after my 10 hour shifts. All on my feet constantly moving. Game changers helped fix that and these insoles fixes that too.
$50 might seem like a hearty price but they are worth it.
So they can work great for any situation you face.
Especially help when I had to wear Stacy Adams dress shoes. I’ve never had comfy dress shoes until I put my dr scholls in them.
I would still be buying game changers if they lasted me longer.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2019, 12:54:15 PM »
I always liked the nice cushy foam rebound of éS insoles before they went under, who makes insoles that are comparable? I’d be interested in trying game changers or kingfoams but I don’t want to regret my purchase.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2019, 06:52:04 AM »
I'd highly recommend the Footprint Elite insole, it's flat with a 10mm heel tapered to a 5mm toe.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 299
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2019, 03:21:18 PM »
Does anyone have the problem with the footprint hi foam insoles where they move up or out of place? It's been happening to me a lot lately.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1346
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2019, 01:49:53 PM »
I wear the Kingfoam Orthotics in every shoe I wear. I've ripped the stock insole out on a few pairs of shoes that didn't have a removable insole and they fit and were fine. I haven't reheated them once yet but I've been running them for over a year and it's probably time to get a new set.

As far as work is concerned, they helped me a lot when I had a job where I was walking on a hard concrete floor all day. For that job, I settled on putting them into NB 533s and that was what I needed to not have super sore feet and ankles when I got of work every day.

I used to have actual orthotics from a podiatrist because I have really flat feet. I basically can't live without actual arch support. I lost those orthotics in an accident and insurance no longer pays for them so I had to look around for what else I could use. I'd be interested in comparing prescription orthotics to the FP joints. FPs might win because they have a nice amount of squish to them.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2019, 07:39:35 AM »
Does anyone have the problem with the footprint hi foam insoles where they move up or out of place? It's been happening to me a lot lately.
Yeah, I've had that happen - try some double sided tape on the bottom running vertically down the shoe, that helped me.

finecojeffe

• Rep: 133
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2019, 07:44:55 AM »
for a fairly cheap alternative, the insoles found in Straye shoes are awesome. Just check zumiez, order a half size up from your usual size, and toss the shoes but keep the insoles. You can find the shoes for like $10-$15 often, I've even seen them for $2.48 on there. Worth it.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2019, 05:23:10 AM »
Only somewhat relevant, but I also don't think it needs it's own thread:

What are people's thoughts on the effectiveness (as far as cushioning and support) of a vulcanized shoe with a good insole vs a cupsole with a thinner, more standard insole/sockliner?

I've read that a cupsole is better, but I've ran vulcanized shoes with ultracush or lunarlon for years and I feel fine. Am I missing out?

foureyedjim

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2019, 05:52:41 AM »
Whatever footprint insole I got, I hate.  Maybe its because I haven't broken them in yet, but they are TOO squishy.  There's always a period of time where the insole compresses when I take a step so board feel is delayed.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2019, 07:28:39 AM »

What are people's thoughts on the effectiveness (as far as cushioning and support) of a vulcanized shoe with a good insole vs a cupsole with a thinner, more standard insole/sockliner?

I've read that a cupsole is better, but I've ran vulcanized shoes with ultracush or lunarlon for years and I feel fine. Am I missing out?

I prefer stability of cupsoles, but it is also what I grew up with. Every foot is unique, and humans have an insane ability to adapt to almost anything - best advice is to use what is most comfortable and that usually seems to be what we are most used to.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2019, 06:06:48 PM »
i took these from wal mart and theyre pretty decent

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2019, 05:24:35 PM »

Cupsoles are like skating in clogs. I am bewildered as to how people do it. I run Vans pros with Kingfoam Elites...and it’s SOOOO good.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2019, 05:56:36 PM »
Depends on the cupsole, figgys and Romero’s work great with a footprint insole and are akin to skating a Vulc.

I’d imagine some reissue èS with them would feel like having boots on

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2019, 06:40:04 PM »
i bought footprint orthotics and they are really good. running them in some busenitz adv atm. haven't skated them yet due to time and weather, but i have a few 8 hour work shifts and they are quite comfortable and support my foot pretty alright. not as cushioned in the front as the lunarlon sole i had in there before, so they might be best suited for classic cupsoles that don't need a fat cushy insole. i might get gamechangers too for skating and keep the orthotics for my workshoes.

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2019, 07:09:30 PM »
So this is kinda skate related. What would be a good insole for both skating and walking with arch support? I don't get out of the boot (foot surgery) until mid-March but I was trying to buy a few things ahead of time.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2019, 07:37:28 PM »
ive been skating rhe dylan slip on without insoles and theyre beyond perfect, even for shoulder high spots.
and i dont put them back on when not skating, and the past like 6 to 7 shoes ive skated have had the same treatment and i fucking love the extra boardfeel but i dont know how mucj thats fucking with my back problems
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2019, 08:00:46 PM »
So this is kinda skate related. What would be a good insole for both skating and walking with arch support? I don't get out of the boot (foot surgery) until mid-March but I was trying to buy a few things ahead of time.

the footprint orthotics i mentioned have very good arch support and are certainly better in terms of impact protection than the stock insole of the busenitz adv i've put them in.

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2019, 11:27:35 AM »
Alright dude thanks. I’ll definitely get some since I’ll be walking in the next 5 weeks.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2019, 11:46:27 AM »
Depends on the cupsole, figgys and Romero’s work great with a footprint insole and are akin to skating a Vulc.

I’d imagine some reissue èS with them would feel like having boots on
Accels still feel great with my extra insoles in them.
The slims work with them too once the slims are broken in a bit.
https://www.drscholls.com/products/pain-relief/custom-fit-orthotic-inserts/
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2019, 11:49:33 AM »

I move my Footprint orthos from shoe to shoe these days for consistency (body has mileage so I can feel it in my legs and low back when NOT using them all the time); I use them while working out as well except on leg day when I go zero drop.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2019, 01:32:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I move my Footprint orthos from shoe to shoe these days for consistency (body has mileage so I can feel it in my legs and low back when NOT using them all the time); I use them while working out as well except on leg day when I go zero drop.

Zero drop?
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

KruxSuck

• Rep: -4
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2019, 06:17:21 PM »
I’ve been skating Adidas Suciu ADVs exclusively because that blue adiprene or whatever cushion is the best, but if I could make other shoes have a respectable amount of cushion with an insole I would be down to switch it up.

Is there a best one?

For reference, the idea that people skate Nike SBs is insane to me. Feels like you’re skating in just socks and my aching feet and arthritic bones can’t take it. Need more cushion.

Emerica now, emerica tomorrow, emerica forever. cop those wino g6s

Halfcab180

• Rep: 8
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2019, 07:28:23 AM »
In regards to the cup/vulc question: Right around the time I started to notice that my feet would hurt after skating with bad shoes, I tried some PJ Ladd NBs. I thought the cupsole would feel like too substantial a barrier between my feet and board, but after I got used to it I didn't really mind (tricks felt the same) and my feet felt better.

I switched back to vulc after I found some Blazer highs with lunarlon insoles. Best shoe I ever skated, and I used the lunarlon insoles for multiple pairs of shoes. Haven't been able to find Nikes or Cons with lunarlon insoles since. I've recently been skating Vans with Ultracush 3D insoles. I wore them with the Chima 2s they came with, then switched them over to some Style 112s and that combo works pretty well. Never tried aftermarket insoles though - still fantasizing about finding shoes with a lunarlon insole in 9.5...

Halfcab180

• Rep: 8
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2019, 03:47:03 PM »
Expand Quote
In regards to the cup/vulc question: Right around the time I started to notice that my feet would hurt after skating with bad shoes, I tried some PJ Ladd NBs. I thought the cupsole would feel like too substantial a barrier between my feet and board, but after I got used to it I didn't really mind (tricks felt the same) and my feet felt better.

I switched back to vulc after I found some Blazer highs with lunarlon insoles. Best shoe I ever skated, and I used the lunarlon insoles for multiple pairs of shoes. Haven't been able to find Nikes or Cons with lunarlon insoles since. I've recently been skating Vans with Ultracush 3D insoles. I wore them with the Chima 2s they came with, then switched them over to some Style 112s and that combo works pretty well. Never tried aftermarket insoles though - still fantasizing about finding shoes with a lunarlon insole in 9.5...
[close]

Not a shoe but...

https://insolesgeek.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=4d3fb1c194e200b845327aed9609e25a&keyword=lunarlon&x=0&y=0

I guess the rarity makes the cost about half that of a pair of shoes? Interesting though, I wonder what their source is.

rapscallion

• Rep: -4
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2019, 10:28:54 PM »
ive been skating rhe dylan slip on without insoles and theyre beyond perfect, even for shoulder high spots.
and i dont put them back on when not skating, and the past like 6 to 7 shoes ive skated have had the same treatment and i fucking love the extra boardfeel but i dont know how mucj thats fucking with my back problems
This is not okay. Please start using an insole again.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2019, 06:04:00 AM »
Shoutout everyone in this thread man. Footprint gamechangers are feeling great.  I actually haven’t even skated them yet but for work where I walk for miles has been amazing.  I don’t really understand the difference between the footprint options but the game changers are doing me well. 

oneOone

• Rep: 3
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2019, 07:04:16 AM »
Whatever footprint insole I got, I hate.  Maybe its because I haven't broken them in yet, but they are TOO squishy.  There's always a period of time where the insole compresses when I take a step so board feel is delayed.

I feel you!
Skated the Footprint 3mm Flat insole for 2 years and got used to it, switched back to these: https://www.noene.com/en/product/universal-no2-insoles/ and the boardfeel increased but the protection decreased.
Skated both in Vans Kyle Walkers.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2019, 07:12:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Not a shoe but...

https://insolesgeek.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=4d3fb1c194e200b845327aed9609e25a&keyword=lunarlon&x=0&y=0
[close]

I guess the rarity makes the cost about half that of a pair of shoes? Interesting though, I wonder what their source is.
Yep, Lunarlon insoles last well, I still use the 4 pair I accumulated 5-7 years ago in all my skate shoes

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2019, 07:27:10 AM »
Shoutout everyone in this thread man. Footprint gamechangers are feeling great.  I actually haven’t even skated them yet but for work where I walk for miles has been amazing.  I don’t really understand the difference between the footprint options but the game changers are doing me well.

There's definitely a big difference. I think I mentioned it already in this thread, but gamechangers made my feet hurt and actually made me feel like I pulled something in my arch. After realizing I had a high arch I got the elites and they are great. Highly recommended to do the 'step on cardboard with a wet foot' test before getting any footprints.

I will say it makes no sense because instinctually I would think it would be the opposite, the gamechangers have the big arch bump so I would think they would be good for high arch feet, but they ain't.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2019, 07:37:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There's definitely a big difference. I think I mentioned it already in this thread, but gamechangers made my feet hurt and actually made me feel like I pulled something in my arch. After realizing I had a high arch I got the elites and they are great. Highly recommended to do the 'step on cardboard with a wet foot' test before getting any footprints.

I will say it makes no sense because instinctually I would think it would be the opposite, the gamechangers have the big arch bump so I would think they would be good for high arch feet, but they ain't.

I guess I got lucky. Fit pretty perfectly to me.