Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 547007 times)

disclosed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 183
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #3690 on: August 12, 2021, 05:39:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Would it be stupid to use an egg as a cruiser/slappy board? I have a black label adams 9.5ish punk point which I use for this purpose currently with 87a wheels - are egg boards built more around actually skating them (like Villani, Axel, etc)?

I previously had a heroin streetballer shape which was way more fun than my current setup - could slappy, ride transition, 360 flip if you felt like doing more than just cruising. Almost none of this shit feels good on the punk point
[close]

Don't over think it, if you feel like it'll be fun then do it. If it isn't fun then don't do it.
[close]

I love my Dane 1 but if I wanted an egg for curb skateboarding I would get this...

[close]

I was so close to ordering this board a couple days ago but I ended up finding one of the Blast 9.5 footballs and went with that instead! I pretty much only skate Heroin boards at this point but I'm stoked to give some UK wood a try
[close]

wanted to order the 9.5 Blast along with the Snelling deck but they didnt have it on their site. i've been skating some Blast decks since big Heroin decks are rare in mainland Europe since the pandemic hit. i think the concave feels similiar, i hope you'll like it.
i would love to get my hands on a Mutant Egg or better, the 10" egg for a curb setup. but theres about a 6 months delay now. and even then not sure if they will hit any stores in my country.
[close]

I have the Blast 9.5" egg on the way from Grind Supply UK for the same reason, kinda over trying to get the Heroin 10" egg. Fos said on Insta they are still to be shipped in Europe and a second batch is coming, but I didn’t feel like daily web searches for weeks.
[close]

Yeah from what I gather you guys are still a month or two away from having them available at all, even in the states they're hard to get. If you don't jump on them in the first day or two you're not getting one. Definitely don't regret this blast egg though! Concave and shape are great, a little longer than I'm used to but still super fun. And I'm a sucker for yellow boards so that's another plus
[close]

I am also worried, if I get the Heroin egg and enjoy it, will I have to hunt them down like this twice a year? I am used to spending some time finding decks since I exclusively ride 9"+ with short WB, but this is getting out of hand.

Definitely looking forward to the Blast. Graphic is more my thing than the Curb Killer anyway and I suppose I can use my 169s instead of getting new trucks for this egg setup. Might shorten the WB a bit.

im able to reserve the decks at my local who orders them half a year in advance. but i reserved the Mutant and it never arrived. reserved the Goldrush and it never arrived. reserved the first Dead Dave pro deck and it never arrived. i really dont know whats going on with the euro distribution but its really bad. but seems to be getting better now
only over 9.5 board they got in a years time was the Giallo Dead Dave. and that was a month ago. half a year after its release.

the Blast mascot is such a great graphic indeed. and yellow boards are my favorite color too. i hope they keep making them so i can still grab one someday.

Fhk

« Reply #3691 on: August 12, 2021, 08:12:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Would it be stupid to use an egg as a cruiser/slappy board? I have a black label adams 9.5ish punk point which I use for this purpose currently with 87a wheels - are egg boards built more around actually skating them (like Villani, Axel, etc)?

I previously had a heroin streetballer shape which was way more fun than my current setup - could slappy, ride transition, 360 flip if you felt like doing more than just cruising. Almost none of this shit feels good on the punk point
[close]

Don't over think it, if you feel like it'll be fun then do it. If it isn't fun then don't do it.
[close]

I love my Dane 1 but if I wanted an egg for curb skateboarding I would get this...

[close]

I was so close to ordering this board a couple days ago but I ended up finding one of the Blast 9.5 footballs and went with that instead! I pretty much only skate Heroin boards at this point but I'm stoked to give some UK wood a try
[close]

wanted to order the 9.5 Blast along with the Snelling deck but they didnt have it on their site. i've been skating some Blast decks since big Heroin decks are rare in mainland Europe since the pandemic hit. i think the concave feels similiar, i hope you'll like it.
i would love to get my hands on a Mutant Egg or better, the 10" egg for a curb setup. but theres about a 6 months delay now. and even then not sure if they will hit any stores in my country.
[close]

I have the Blast 9.5" egg on the way from Grind Supply UK for the same reason, kinda over trying to get the Heroin 10" egg. Fos said on Insta they are still to be shipped in Europe and a second batch is coming, but I didn’t feel like daily web searches for weeks.
[close]

Yeah from what I gather you guys are still a month or two away from having them available at all, even in the states they're hard to get. If you don't jump on them in the first day or two you're not getting one. Definitely don't regret this blast egg though! Concave and shape are great, a little longer than I'm used to but still super fun. And I'm a sucker for yellow boards so that's another plus
[close]

I am also worried, if I get the Heroin egg and enjoy it, will I have to hunt them down like this twice a year? I am used to spending some time finding decks since I exclusively ride 9"+ with short WB, but this is getting out of hand.

Definitely looking forward to the Blast. Graphic is more my thing than the Curb Killer anyway and I suppose I can use my 169s instead of getting new trucks for this egg setup. Might shorten the WB a bit.
[close]

im able to reserve the decks at my local who orders them half a year in advance. but i reserved the Mutant and it never arrived. reserved the Goldrush and it never arrived. reserved the first Dead Dave pro deck and it never arrived. i really dont know whats going on with the euro distribution but its really bad. but seems to be getting better now
only over 9.5 board they got in a years time was the Giallo Dead Dave. and that was a month ago. half a year after its release.

the Blast mascot is such a great graphic indeed. and yellow boards are my favorite color too. i hope they keep making them so i can still grab one someday.
Fos explained what was going on in one of his live IG feeds. I believe he mentioned that some of Europe is two drops behind. They are stuck on the cargo ships or something completely out of their hands. I'm sure if you pm him he will explain..he is awesome with that stuff.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #3692 on: August 12, 2021, 11:28:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Fos explained what was going on in one of his live IG feeds. I believe he mentioned that some of Europe is two drops behind. They are stuck on the cargo ships or something completely out of their hands. I'm sure if you pm him he will explain..he is awesome with that stuff.

Not sure tbh, I responded to one of his stories showing the Curb Killer last week and he said it will be available in the EU this week. Obviously, could be held up gain.

It’s weird, I’ve found all decks from the drop in the EU except for the egg. Freedom in Vienna for example had plenty stock. They said they got all decks that were available, sounded like they couldn’t even order the egg.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 11:47:51 AM by listentoaheartbeat »

Fhk

« Reply #3693 on: August 14, 2021, 07:06:23 AM »

Finally retired my 9" Polar popsicle, so this is its replacement.
9" stump
161 hollows with krux dlk
Needs rails and probably bigger wheels before I skate it though.

Kevve

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3694 on: August 14, 2021, 08:51:58 AM »
How are FA 9"s? The measurements seems similar to the anti hero orange eagle.

I was on a 9 polar and i Loved the mellow kicks & the 14.5WB.
Got a 8.75 AH White eagle which feels like a tank in comparison with the 14.65 WB.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #3695 on: August 14, 2021, 09:57:41 AM »

9" stump
I’m riding a 9” stump right now and I love it.

Get hungry on it!

Fhk

« Reply #3696 on: August 14, 2021, 10:18:23 AM »
Expand Quote

9" stump
[close]
Hell ya I have high hopes for it, the measurements are ideal. I found some 56 conicals..so I threw those on with some 1/8 risers and can't wait to try it

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #3697 on: August 14, 2021, 10:42:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

9" stump
[close]
[close]
Hell ya I have high hopes for it, the measurements are ideal. I found some 56 conicals..so I threw those on with some 1/8 risers and can't wait to try it
Yeah that’ll be perfect. I’m running 54 conicals and ace 9”s with 1/8” risers, but will definitely do 56s on the next one I get.

Get hungry on it!

Fhk

« Reply #3698 on: August 14, 2021, 11:34:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

9" stump
[close]
[close]
[close]
Yeah that’ll be perfect. I’m running 54 conicals and ace 9”s with 1/8” risers, but will definitely do 56s on the next one I get.
You are right it is a nice combo. I just Ollied a couple puddles and did one kickflop before it started raining again and it felt really good.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #3699 on: August 14, 2021, 07:14:21 PM »

Got a 8.75 AH White eagle which feels like a tank in comparison with the 14.65 WB.

Can’t help you with the FA but the Polar 9” actually has a 14.375” wheelbase like all other Polars listed as 14.5”. Might explain a bit better why the 8.75” AH eagle feels so different.

slappy50

• Rep: 17
  • gear madness abounds
« Reply #3700 on: August 15, 2021, 12:05:22 AM »

i skated a hockey 9, and its the same shape and dims as the 9 inch ah eagle, doesnt have the hockey nose. the 8.75 does have the nose tho, and the 14.5 wb is nice too
niggling

[/quote]

Gross Ode

• Rep: 3
« Reply #3701 on: August 16, 2021, 06:13:11 AM »
I can never find a shape I like so I said screw it and decided to just make my own. I got an uncut blank with a truck jig relatively cheap from a place nearby (Scouthut Skateboards). Spent a week or so messing about with shape ideas then went for it. Cut on a home bandsaw and edged with a rasp and sandpaper. Couple coats of yacht varnish to seal it, then a quick masking tape paint job.

9.25" wide with no taper
14.5" WB
Square nose and Popsicle tail
Ace Classic 66
57mm Dogtown 97a wheels

While not perfect I really like it so far, could do with making the tail a little bit longer as it's a bit stubby. Definitely going to try again once this one is dead!

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #3702 on: August 16, 2021, 06:54:29 AM »
I can never find a shape I like so I said screw it and decided to just make my own. I got an uncut blank with a truck jig relatively cheap from a place nearby (Scouthut Skateboards). Spent a week or so messing about with shape ideas then went for it. Cut on a home bandsaw and edged with a rasp and sandpaper. Couple coats of yacht varnish to seal it, then a quick masking tape paint job.

9.25" wide with no taper
14.5" WB
Square nose and Popsicle tail
Ace Classic 66
57mm Dogtown 97a wheels

While not perfect I really like it so far, could do with making the tail a little bit longer as it's a bit stubby. Definitely going to try again once this one is dead!

big thumbs up for the custom shape. i wish i had access to uncut blanks

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #3703 on: August 16, 2021, 09:53:07 AM »
Has anyone set up the latest Gross Black Label deck?

Have one coming my way and I don't want to keep it on ice.

I know the widest says 10.25" but do you guys think 215s would be too much? Or should I go 169s?

disclosed

« Reply #3704 on: August 16, 2021, 10:54:07 AM »

I know the widest says 10.25" but do you guys think 215s would be too much? Or should I go 169s?

unless you riding skinny wheels i wouln't put 215s on it. it tapers a lot in the back, its at best 9" at the back truck. i don't have it so can't measure anything though. but from the ones i've seen setup almost everyone had Indy 169 or Ace 66s on it.
think people that do run 215s on it (remember seeing it once), already rode them and just accept the hotrod. thats what i did on my Callum McRobbie deck too.
i would never recomend buying 215s for fish shaped decks.

sketchyrider

« Reply #3705 on: August 16, 2021, 11:26:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

unless you riding skinny wheels i wouln't put 215s on it. it tapers a lot in the back, its at best 9" at the back truck. i don't have it so can't measure anything though. but from the ones i've seen setup almost everyone had Indy 169 or Ace 66s on it.
think people that do run 215s on it (remember seeing it once), already rode them and just accept the hotrod. thats what i did on my Callum McRobbie deck too.
i would never recomend buying 215s for fish shaped decks.

honestly 215's only work on really specific decks that are usually expensive reissues. unless youre a true hot rod enthusiast.

logjammin

• Rep: 346
« Reply #3706 on: August 17, 2021, 04:56:16 PM »

Crail 9.0" loveseat with a 13.8" wheelbase
Jessup regular
1" Ace bolts, Shorty's silver nuts
1/8" Ace risers
Ace 55's Kreper pins
Spitfire 99a 54mm f4 classics
Bones big balls bearings

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #3707 on: August 17, 2021, 05:38:40 PM »
Shameless plug for my shop.
Try to order as many larger shaped decks as possible, lot's of rails too like lil jawns and others,
Also only US shop to get blast decks, still have some heroin decks from the last drop.
Free us shipping over $75 and we try to be pretty efficient with getting orders out.
www.35thave.com

KillDayoy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #3708 on: August 17, 2021, 07:38:14 PM »
Try to order as many larger shaped decks as possible, lot's of rails too like lil jawns and others,
Also only US shop to get blast decks, still have some heroin decks from the last drop.
Free us shipping over $75 and we try to be pretty efficient with getting orders out.
www.35thave.com

Picked up a Blast egg from you guys and I'm loving it so much I may have to order another before they're gone!

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #3709 on: August 17, 2021, 08:32:52 PM »

Jessup regular
1/8" Ace risers
Ace 55's Kreper pins
Bones big balls bearings

how's the ride with ace55 on the short wheelbase? got a couch shape, havent set it up yet.got ace55, indy169 and thunder 151 to play around with.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #3710 on: August 17, 2021, 09:26:18 PM »

Just won this in a raffle. Kinda want to set it up.

logjammin

• Rep: 346
« Reply #3711 on: August 17, 2021, 09:36:45 PM »
Expand Quote

Jessup regular
1/8" Ace risers
Ace 55's Kreper pins
Bones big balls bearings
[close]

how's the ride with ace55 on the short wheelbase? got a couch shape, havent set it up yet.got ace55, indy169 and thunder 151 to play around with.

Hey man, I was able to cruise back and forth in the driveway and kinda slalom around on them and it felt like I was riding 44's but just more truck and board under my feet, if that makes sense? The super short wheelbase basically takes the more sluggish turn from having a wider truck and eliminates that issue. If I were you, I'd go with 55's or 151's. 169's are even wider than 55's and they will stick out a bit more due to the tapered tail .

disclosed

« Reply #3712 on: August 18, 2021, 04:56:47 AM »
Expand Quote
www.35thave.com
[close]

Picked up a Blast egg from you guys and I'm loving it so much I may have to order another before they're gone!

damn thats legit so much cheaper to get Blast than it is in mainland europe these days. since brexit is in full effect we have to pay extra import fees for UK orders. legit paid double the price with shipping and import fees on my last one. they need a good euro distributor.

got the new Snelling in last monday. this is actually the first time i bought a shape twice. really solid deck.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #3713 on: August 18, 2021, 05:09:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
www.35thave.com
[close]

[close]

damn thats legit so much cheaper to get Blast than it is in mainland europe these days. since brexit is in full effect we have to pay extra import fees for UK orders. legit paid double the price with shipping and import fees on my last one. they need a good euro distributor.

got the new Snelling in last monday. this is actually the first time i bought a shape twice. really solid deck.

That is such an amazing looking weapon.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3714 on: August 18, 2021, 05:27:30 AM »
My stack just got updated with 5 off these bad boys:

Fhk

« Reply #3715 on: August 18, 2021, 05:33:26 AM »

That's sick, must be very satisfying to grip too

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3716 on: August 18, 2021, 05:46:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That's sick, must be very satisfying to grip too

I wanted to do some sort of gripjob on it, but then decided to grip it with a plain black grip, since the shape is already a piece of art itself. It was so satisfying to cut the edges of the grip.

Now I am sitting in my office and wait for the end of my shift. Can't wait to skate this thing

disclosed

« Reply #3717 on: August 18, 2021, 05:55:15 AM »
i shouldve gotten 2 of them to make up for the shipping and import costs. but i only got one since a local brand here is releasing a 10" next month, and i want one or two decks from the new Heroin drop aswell.. dont want too much decks stacking up while i'm injured and jobless.. making responsible choices here.

MichaelJacksonsGhost

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #3718 on: August 18, 2021, 09:27:43 AM »
www.35thave.com

Do you guys have any plans to restock the 10” shop decks? I check your site once or twice a month hoping to get one, but never anything more than a 9” available. Would love to try one out.

Ps. I’ve skated a couple of your shop boards in the last month or so, all with solid wood. Got one more 8.5 in my pile, too.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #3719 on: August 18, 2021, 10:12:09 AM »
www.35thave.com

Shameless question in response. How come 9"+ popsicles with 14-14.25" WB are so rare? Does this involve custom orders that increase cost, or is there an assumption that most people are buying wide boards for transition? I believe 9-9.25" popsicles with short WB and medium to high concave would sell well, but obv the sample size of people I have talked to is rather small.