Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread  (Read 2231566 times)

mattchew and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1104
Re: Sale Gear Thread
« Reply #6840 on: January 18, 2020, 05:24:06 AM »
Actives shipping department was slow and unresponsive before they went out of business

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #6841 on: January 18, 2020, 09:57:04 AM »
Actives shipping department was slow and unresponsive before they went out of business

Probably because they didn’t have a flying fuck to give since they knew they were losing their jobs.

sadnocomply

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 148
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #6842 on: January 18, 2020, 04:24:11 PM »
idk what the hell daddies board shop is but I just copped some wheels on there. is it some knockoff ccs?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #6843 on: January 18, 2020, 04:28:14 PM »
idk what the hell daddies board shop is but I just copped some wheels on there. is it some knockoff ccs?

I think someone said it’s the same site just a different theme.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6844 on: January 18, 2020, 05:06:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm pretty sure they acquired CCS when their business failed.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #6845 on: January 18, 2020, 06:35:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Wasn’t it Matt Price and some guys from AZ that had a board brand?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Theeogbiing

• Rep: -2
  • Taught Bieber how to skate.
« Reply #6846 on: January 18, 2020, 07:36:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Wasn’t it Matt Price and some guys from AZ that had a board brand?

Daddies has been around awhile. Mainly online retailer, they didnt have a ton of skate till last few years, mostly was snow and longboard shit. But yeah, they bought CCS, and have 1 physical location attached to their warehouse out here in Portland.
You ever suck 7 dicks at once? No? Me either then....

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6847 on: January 19, 2020, 05:44:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
SoCal Skateshop - https://socalskateshop.com/

15% Off All Orders! Ends Jan 19th
[close]

Good find, discounted Dwindle boards at $36, might be worth a try.
[close]

TGM has a bunch of what look to be Impact, light blanks. For $35 and free shipping

https://tgmskateboards.com/skateboards-longboard/skateboards/?search_query=&page=1&limit=60&sort=newest&brand=252&category=31&is_category_page=1

They must have a dwindle plug cuz I got a rider stock  madness impact light from them for $30, a month or so back and I've seen Darkstar ones around that price as well. They're probably still up if you want one with graphics. They usually get stuff out the door pretty quick too.
[close]
My friend swears by that place and constantly gets the rider stock boards. He ordered five last month
[close]

TGM is great. They're usually the cheapest place to order stuff once you factor in free shipping and since they're located in Michigan stuff gets here a day or two faster than  it does from the west coast places. They usually ship the same day if you order in the morning too. The only thing is they don't have the best selection... They have a ton of shit but a lot of it is obscure or old stock.

I'm not really a huge fan of the madness deck I got but that's more down to the shape than anything. It seems like a good deck, just not one that I get hyped to skate.

TGM sales on eBay. So you may be able to find eBay coupon codes with the honey app or something to save a buck.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #6848 on: January 19, 2020, 06:57:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thanks to everyone for helping me clear out some stock for spring.  Hopefully everyone enjoys the boards, or resells them at the park for more than they paid.
_DOA MANAGEMENT.
[close]

any 8.75s or *crosses fingers* 9.0s in the next drop? wanted to snag the 8.75 flat as fuck from a while back but missed out
[close]

8.75 will be in the next run.  I always run it on flat as fuck mold since it makes the concave more standard on a wide board like that.
[close]

You probably get whiny requests like this a lot, but a flat fukker with a 14" wheelbase and <32 would be aces.  That said, I'm digging my 8.25 skypager.
[close]

currently im waiting on a sample of a tapered deck that has a 14" wheelbase.  not a football, but slight tapering on nose and tail.  I'm dealing with south central, so who knows when i will get a status update on that.
yo, I wished you shipped to Japan, that is all...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #6849 on: January 21, 2020, 06:27:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

TGM has a bunch of what look to be Impact, light blanks. For $35 and free shipping

https://tgmskateboards.com/skateboards-longboard/skateboards/?search_query=&page=1&limit=60&sort=newest&brand=252&category=31&is_category_page=1

They must have a dwindle plug cuz I got a rider stock  madness impact light from them for $30, a month or so back and I've seen Darkstar ones around that price as well. They're probably still up if you want one with graphics. They usually get stuff out the door pretty quick too.
[close]
My friend swears by that place and constantly gets the rider stock boards. He ordered five last month
[close]

TGM is great. They're usually the cheapest place to order stuff once you factor in free shipping and since they're located in Michigan stuff gets here a day or two faster than  it does from the west coast places. They usually ship the same day if you order in the morning too. The only thing is they don't have the best selection... They have a ton of shit but a lot of it is obscure or old stock.

I'm not really a huge fan of the madness deck I got but that's more down to the shape than anything. It seems like a good deck, just not one that I get hyped to skate.
[close]

TGM sales on eBay. So you may be able to find eBay coupon codes with the honey app or something to save a buck.

They actually usually list stuff on their website for slightly cheaper than eBay, I'm guessing because of the fees, so sometimes it's cheaper to order through the site. If it's a bigger order I'll typically use ebay for the ebay bucks though. If you're a massive cheapskate like me then I recommend trying both to see which one is cheaper.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6850 on: January 21, 2020, 08:36:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

They actually usually list stuff on their website for slightly cheaper than eBay, I'm guessing because of the fees, so sometimes it's cheaper to order through the site. If it's a bigger order I'll typically use ebay for the ebay bucks though. If you're a massive cheapskate like me then I recommend trying both to see which one is cheaper.

Any idea what's the WB on their 8.25 x 32 boards? The blank carbon inset ones i mean
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Vernon Wells

• Rep: 34
  • Paydayyyyyyy
« Reply #6851 on: January 21, 2020, 01:34:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Any idea what's the WB on their 8.25 x 32 boards? The blank carbon inset ones i mean

Upon doing some digging, don't think these carbon fiber blanks are made by Dwindle. Unless DSM owns the patent. Looks like they are Moose blanks, which are distributed from Keystone Skate Supply. Hit them up for WB.

https://www.keystoneskatesupply.com/skateboards/blank-decks/

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6852 on: January 21, 2020, 03:01:39 PM »
TgM is keystone

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #6853 on: January 21, 2020, 04:36:44 PM »
Any online shops doing shoe sales right now?

jimbotron

• Rep: 1
« Reply #6854 on: January 21, 2020, 05:24:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Upon doing some digging, don't think these carbon fiber blanks are made by Dwindle. Unless DSM owns the patent. Looks like they are Moose blanks, which are distributed from Keystone Skate Supply. Hit them up for WB.

These are most definitely DSM raw stock.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6855 on: January 21, 2020, 05:29:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

As Twist said, Keystone is TGM - google the address. Moose is a whole different thing and they've been selling their blanks and generic graphic decks for years along with "core" brand trucks. I've never seen anyone make those impact decks except Dwindle, so they probably do own the patent and TGM were selling Darkstar and Madness rider stock ones for a few months before this. The rider stock ones are just the production graphics printed on the impact blanks with full dwindle markings on everything. Since a lot of the madness decks are shaped you can see the outline where the graphic would normally be cut like these

https://tgmskateboards.com/madness-deck-rider-stock-d1-tristan-rennie-8-5-x-31-95-impact-light/

https://tgmskateboards.com/madness-deck-son-8-5-x-32-625-impact-light/

which makes me think they're just buying up unused stock from them for cheap. It's not really worth it now that they marked them back up to $50 ($40 for the darkstar ones) unless you really wanted a madness shaped board graphic on a popsicle but when they were $30 it was a great deal, especially since TGM does free shipping on everything. If you just want an impact deck and don't care about graphics, then the blanks are a pretty good deal.

The one I got was 8.5" x 31.95" with a 14.5" wb, but that was the Madness rider stock so no idea if the blanks are any different. They're pretty quick to respond to email if you have an issue with an order so I'm guessing they'll answer pretty quickly, or you can just call them... they actually answer the phone unlike some other shops that primarily sell online (boardparadise).
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 05:33:53 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #6856 on: January 21, 2020, 06:03:25 PM »
The rider stock stuff should be interesting to someone who wants to know what the pros ride.
I'd like to know if they have any shorter wb stuff in 8.125"-8.5". Dwindle usually does 14.25" in this range but the Madness stuff has longer wb.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #6857 on: January 21, 2020, 06:09:12 PM »
Any online shops doing shoe sales right now?
daddies 20%.. think that’s about it..

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6858 on: January 22, 2020, 12:01:46 PM »
Lakai Protro red $29.38.. i know people were talking about this model in the upcoming shoe thread
https://www.zumiez.com/lakai-proto-red-suede-skate-shoes.html

wino g6 slips for $23 in brown/gum, mint, red

es symbol size 12
https://www.zumiez.com/es-symbol-black-red-skate-shoes.html

adidas 3ST.004 orange $41 in 11.5 and 12
https://www.zumiez.com/adidas-3st-004-orange-white-shoes.html

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #6859 on: January 23, 2020, 04:57:58 AM »
if anyone e was wanting to try the Emerica Spankys theyre on sale for 7 hours
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/dailydose.html

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6860 on: January 23, 2020, 06:15:36 AM »
if anyone e was wanting to try the Emerica Spankys theyre on sale for 7 hours
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/dailydose.html
i do. Don't have my size.
And they're the same price at CCS/Daddies right now

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6861 on: January 23, 2020, 10:30:20 AM »
Another interesting TGM find

These $13 wheels -

https://tgmskateboards.com/skateboard-wheels-set-58mm-x-34mm-99a-yellow-black/

Look an awful lot like the Speedlab "Exposure" which retail for $33.

https://www.speedlabwheels.com/products/exposure-58mm-99a

TGM has a couple other ones that look to be from the same manufacturer for that price, so if you want big crazy color swirl wheels this might be a good deal for you.

Edit: It looks like you can get them from TGM's ebay with a set of bearings for a dollar more.

https://ebay.us/JGLyzO

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1021
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #6862 on: January 23, 2020, 11:25:14 AM »

These $13 wheels -

TGM has a couple other ones that look to be from the same manufacturer for that price, so if you want big crazy color swirl wheels this might be a good deal for you.

Edit: It looks like you can get them from TGM's ebay with a set of bearings for a dollar more.

Same mold holds on the center set for sure.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #6863 on: January 23, 2020, 03:11:12 PM »
You guys should see this promo they made for a shop video (that I don't think ever came out). If I get off my lazy ass, I'll rip it from a DVD. Shit is gooooofy.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #6864 on: January 23, 2020, 07:48:23 PM »
Expand Quote

These $13 wheels -

[close]

Are Creative and Mearathane still big wheel manufacturers? Could both be made by one of them.
There's also AEND and Labeda but I thought Speedlab used one of the og companies.

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #6865 on: January 24, 2020, 05:56:57 AM »
zumiez has $16 Rothco Navy Blue Cargos size S and M

https://www.zumiez.com/rothco-bdu-solid-navy-cargo-pants.html

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6866 on: January 24, 2020, 09:15:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

These $13 wheels -

[close]

[close]
Are Creative and Mearathane still big wheel manufacturers? Could both be made by one of them.
There's also AEND and Labeda but I thought Speedlab used one of the og companies.

Mearthane owns creative.

They're still around and making good wheels. Jivaro and Portland wheel Co are creative and I think, speedlab might be too. As I understand it they're pretty much the bbs or PS Stix of the wheel world. I've got some Jivaro 53mm conicals that are really good (like almost F4 good) and theyve got some other shapes I'm interested in.

I remember seeing a thread on another forum that was the same concept as the woodshop directory but with wheels, I'll see if I can find it when I get home from work.

Edit: Found it

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?116166-Who-Pours-What-Wheel

It's a little old and could be outdated so take it with a grain of salt but from that it looks like speedlab is creative/mpc, so I'd assume those other wheels on TGM are creative as well. Also after seeing NHS there I'm wondering if the swirl ones were meant to be slimeballs, they look like the right size/duro and kind of colors that they seem to use. Either way, this all points to TGM selling $13 creative wheels which is a pretty damn good deal.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 11:21:23 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

FancyWhore

• Rep: 4
« Reply #6867 on: January 24, 2020, 09:51:18 AM »
Anybody else still waiting on their shipment from active? I’ve tried emailing and calling but haven’t gotten through to anybody. Ordered my shit like 2 weeks ago and haven’t even gotten a shipping confirmation

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #6868 on: January 24, 2020, 10:03:10 AM »
Anybody else still waiting on their shipment from active? I’ve tried emailing and calling but haven’t gotten through to anybody. Ordered my shit like 2 weeks ago and haven’t even gotten a shipping confirmation
Got mine. 2 decks that were the same size as what I ordered but a different graphic

FancyWhore

• Rep: 4
« Reply #6869 on: January 24, 2020, 10:40:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Got mine. 2 decks that were the same size as what I ordered but a different graphic
I reached out to the afterpay service that active uses/used and told them that I hadn’t been able to contact active and was refunded in like 20 minutes. I’m a little bummed I was looking forward to those ctas