Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 547251 times)

GBLange

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #1650 on: July 06, 2020, 07:32:00 AM »

Polar Boserio - Dane 1 shape
Indy 159
F4 33 101
Bones Swiss 6

Only got to spend a few minutes riding as spent most of my time chasing my 2 year old today but the short wheel base is fun so far, just need to get used to it.

Nice setup..ur running 33 or 53mm f4?

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1651 on: July 06, 2020, 09:20:55 AM »
33 is the way to go..quadruple flips on lock.

JoelyRighteous

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1652 on: July 06, 2020, 10:38:03 PM »
Expand Quote

Polar Boserio - Dane 1 shape
Indy 159
F4 33 101
Bones Swiss 6

Only got to spend a few minutes riding as spent most of my time chasing my 2 year old today but the short wheel base is fun so far, just need to get used to it.
[close]

Nice setup..ur running 33 or 53mm f4?

Hah. 53. Don’t mind my late night typos.

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1653 on: July 07, 2020, 04:06:05 PM »
Gave that Chico deck a good 5 sessions before giving up on it...it must be a one off dud in the run...sucks because the shape felt nice to skate, but the wood was just dead.

So now taking this one out...

Couch shape 9”
Thunder 149
Spitfire classic 53mm 99a
Bones super swiss

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1654 on: July 07, 2020, 09:38:24 PM »
Gave that Chico deck a good 5 sessions before giving up on it...it must be a one off dud in the run...sucks because the shape felt nice to skate, but the wood was just dead.

Couch shape 9”
Thunder 149
Bones super swiss

white Rowan’s look dope too. That graphic is trippy. doesnt look egg at all

sammyz

« Reply #1655 on: July 07, 2020, 10:09:40 PM »
Yeah the graphics hide the curves!

Just got done with a long session on it...fuck its good! So much pop and although my flips are shit, they were easier with this for sure.

Bad news is i think i have some stress cracks on tail bolts...i can see it through the grip, but nothing under the deck...so might just be superficial...for now

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1656 on: July 08, 2020, 04:02:58 AM »
Yeah the graphics hide the curves!

Just got done with a long session on it...fuck its good! So much pop and although my flips are shit, they were easier with this for sure.

Bad news is i think i have some stress cracks on tail bolts...i can see it through the grip, but nothing under the deck...so might just be superficial...for now
I have the same graphic but the loveseat shape in the on deck circle. My last loveseat felt dead after 2-3 sessions. Sucks because I absolutely love the shape, but the wood was junk.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1657 on: July 08, 2020, 05:43:49 AM »
Expand Quote

Couch shape 9”
Thunder 149
Bones super swiss

[close]
Those are Rowley Classics, btw those don't have any insole comfy/pop cush like right?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

sammyz

« Reply #1658 on: July 08, 2020, 05:51:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Couch shape 9”
Thunder 149
Bones super swiss

[close]
[close]
Those are Rowley Classics, btw those don't have any insole comfy/pop cush like right?

Yep...and they have nothing! Tbh im not even sure if these come under the skate shoe category for vans...i bought them by mistake, i thought they were the other Rowleys.

But i ripped out the insole and put in my footprint insoles and they’re not to bad from a impact perspective...and i now prefer them to my NB 533’s

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1659 on: July 08, 2020, 06:05:44 AM »
Ha whoops yep very much not the Rowan’s. I see it now

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #1660 on: July 09, 2020, 05:23:44 AM »
I was hoping someone in here could help me. I know it's odd, but I got really hyped on the board from this stop motion clip and I want to set up something similar.. Just short fat and wide with non-huge wheels.

Basically I'm looking for a board that match these criteria:

- Under 10" wide (8.5-9.5" would be ideal)
- Under 31" length (under 30" would be ideal)
- At least a little bit of concave
- Old school shape with square tail, flat or flat-ish snub nose and with the widest part of the board being in the middle of the board, not towards the front foot.
-Not a Powell as I had another one recently and wanna try something new.

If I could find something with a continuous line as edges (eggish shape but snub nose and square tail) that would be great. The best I've found is this Madrid board but the tail looks clumsy as hell, I wanna find one with more taper and even smaller if possible.

Basically I just want a smaller more tapered, slightly skinnier version of this:

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 05:40:29 AM by Deekay »

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1662 on: July 09, 2020, 06:29:28 AM »
Anything in here?

http://www.skullskates.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/1_40/osCsid/d1d2d4e18286310649656fb1eb630d60

Thank you, they would actually be perfect but they're hard to get in Europe, most other stuff is available. I usually order from Socal for these things but of course they're sold out in this shape now:

http://www.skullskates.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/1_40/products_id/1500/osCsid/d1d2d4e18286310649656fb1eb630d60

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1663 on: July 09, 2020, 06:31:45 AM »
I was hoping someone in here could help me. I know it's odd, but I got really hyped on the board from this stop motion clip and I want to set up something similar.. Just short fat and wide with non-huge wheels.

- Old school shape with square tail, flat or flat-ish snub nose and with the widest part of the board being in the middle of the board, not towards the front foot.

If I could find something with a continuous line as edges (eggish shape but snub nose and square tail) that would be great. The best I've found is this Madrid board but the tail looks clumsy as hell, I wanna find one with more taper and even smaller if possible.

Basically I just want a smaller more tapered, slightly skinnier version of this:

So, I don’t know of anything that fits your specs exactly off the top of my head, but this smaller Heroin Curb crusher is close to the shape and width, but a little longer than you asked for (but does have medium concave)

https://www.cowtownskateboards.com/skateboarding/decks/standard/heroin/curb-crusher-king-size-dd-deck-989-pid-55641

And this one fits your specs more closely (though width is right at 10) but is pretty flat. The other shaped decks have more concave as they use South centrals standard mold for those (I have the shaped Elsa and it has pretty medium/steep concave) but don’t match the specs you are looking for

https://super8skates.store/products/super-8-skateboard-co-screen-print-lycan-pig

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1664 on: July 09, 2020, 06:43:26 AM »
Thanks, great suggestions. I will definitely look into those!

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #1665 on: July 09, 2020, 10:00:27 AM »
get a zip zogger

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1666 on: July 09, 2020, 10:32:47 AM »
get a zip zogger

It looks super fun but a little big for what I'm looking for. A 9" Zogger would be great.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1667 on: July 09, 2020, 11:39:28 AM »

If you can find one, maybe the Blockhead Streetstyle Reissue? They make them in limited quantities though.

Dimensions: 9.125 x 30.125”, 15.5” wheelbase, 6.625 tail, 4” nose

https://blockheadskateboards.com/collections/reissues/products/streetstyle-2-epoxy-glass-pre-order-oct-6th-at-6pm

animalflesh

« Reply #1668 on: July 09, 2020, 11:43:16 AM »
That made me want to skate a mini so bad

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1669 on: July 09, 2020, 11:52:29 AM »
Expand Quote

*Insta clip*

*Madrid 9.5 deck*

[close]

If you can find one, maybe the Blockhead Streetstyle Reissue? They make them in limited quantities though.

Expand Quote
Dimensions: 9.125 x 30.125”, 15.5” wheelbase, 6.625 tail, 4” nose
[close]

https://blockheadskateboards.com/collections/reissues/products/streetstyle-2-epoxy-glass-pre-order-oct-6th-at-6pm

This looks so perfect... Thank you! Of course it has to be limited, god fucking damnit.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1670 on: July 09, 2020, 05:15:54 PM »
@Deekay You should also check out some Natas shapes. I think that board is based on roughly what he skated in that Streets of Fire part that the animation was an homage to. There's also a few 101 reissues that look similar to that Blockhead Streetstyle that seem to be hanging around in inventory at places that carry shaped boards heavily. I'm thinking particularly of the Challenger board. Also, re:limited runs - you like a weird shape so you might have to kinda stock up and hoard. That's Big Boy shit.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1671 on: July 09, 2020, 06:08:22 PM »
I missed the last street style batch and have been kicking myself since. Such a good shape and the white and pink graphic ruled

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #1672 on: July 09, 2020, 08:05:38 PM »
Expand Quote
get a zip zogger
[close]

It looks super fun but a little big for what I'm looking for. A 9" Zogger would be great.

Try searching for ‘pig shape’. I have been looking for something similar but I am thinking 89’ shape like the Andy Howell New Deal deck.

Check this shit out: https://lifebloodskateboards.com/collections/all

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1674 on: July 10, 2020, 08:17:04 AM »
@Deekay You should also check out some Natas shapes. I think that board is based on roughly what he skated in that Streets of Fire part that the animation was an homage to. There's also a few 101 reissues that look similar to that Blockhead Streetstyle that seem to be hanging around in inventory at places that carry shaped boards heavily. I'm thinking particularly of the Challenger board. Also, re:limited runs - you like a weird shape so you might have to kinda stock up and hoard. That's Big Boy shit.

That's a great tip, thanks a lot. I had one Natas board from SMA that I was pretty hyped on in consideration but will definitely look into the 101 reissues as well!

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
get a zip zogger
[close]

[close]

Try searching for ‘pig shape’. I have been looking for something similar but I am thinking 89’ shape like the Andy Howell New Deal deck.

Check this shit out: https://lifebloodskateboards.com/collections/all

*Big pig deck*

That one looks super fun! Might be a little on the big side but I'll definitely look more into it. I think maybe I've been staring at numbers harder than the actual shape and concave. Thanks!

Also, perchance this?

https://dogtownskateboards.com/collections/skateboard-decks/products/dogtown-og-classic-bigfoot-skateboard-deck-11-75-x-31?variant=12863327404098

Hellyea! I've actually looked into the 10" version of that board:
https://www.sickboards.nl/en/re-issue-old-school-decks/25144-dogtown-og-rider-bulldog-deck-natural-green-fade-10-old-school-skateboard-deck.html

The shape looks great but the vibe is more surfy 70's than the 80's one I'm trying to go for. Maybe I'm too picky but it's definitely a great tip, thanks a lot.

+1 for all you boys taking the time to help out, I really appreciate it.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 08:34:25 AM by Deekay »

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1675 on: July 10, 2020, 09:37:19 AM »
I think I might go with this and re-paint the graphic. Nice with a little nose (although low-ish and short still which is cool) and concave to help with tricks but still keeping the same vibe. I've set up old school boards before and not ending up using them that much because they suck to skate, this might be a decent trade-off... Plus it's available in Europe so I don't have to wait 6 weeks for it to get here during these weird times.

Thanks for all the help boys.

SoftCarPrawn

« Reply #1676 on: July 10, 2020, 09:41:45 AM »
I think I might go with this and re-paint the graphic. Nice with a little nose (although low-ish and short still which is cool) and concave to help with tricks but still keeping the same vibe. I've set up old school boards before and not ending up using them that much because they suck to skate, this might be a decent trade-off... Plus it's available in Europe so I don't have to wait 6 weeks for it to get here during these weird times.

I’ve skated one of these and it’s a good shape.  Just wanted to give you a heads up that the tail is pretty damn steep.  But if you’re good with that then go for it!

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1677 on: July 10, 2020, 10:22:30 AM »
Expand Quote

*Schmitt Stix Danger deck*

[close]

I’ve skated one of these and it’s a good shape.  Just wanted to give you a heads up that the tail is pretty damn steep.  But if you’re good with that then go for it!

I usually like my regular decks as steep as possible in all areas so unless it's insane, it should be fine. Thanks for the heads up my man!

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1678 on: July 10, 2020, 11:37:07 AM »
x post from the setup thread. feels good to be back after an extended break from riding big boards

girl couch 9.25
thunder 151 hollows w/ ace bottoms
spitfire f4 conical full 53mm/99a
bones super swiss 6
thunder phillips bolts
mob (still hate it, needs sanding)
nike af1 penny
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Tweekyn

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1679 on: July 10, 2020, 11:38:57 AM »
I came here in hopes that some of you guys and girls with big cruisers could help me out. I am looking to get my brother a birthday cruiser somewhere between 9.5-10.5. He just had his first baby with his wife so I think this is his way of preserving the child in him. He wants an old style feel to it, where the tail is up and the nose is flat. He has been asking for a while. I ride street on an 8.3 popsicle deck so cruisers are not my area of expertise. My questions for this thread are:

-Are there any brands in particular that you enjoy riding?
-My brother is looking at Santa Cruz and Powell Peralta decks, how are their cruisers?
-Should I be looking at larger sized skateboard trucks from indy and ace or should I be looking at long board trucks for a cruiser like this?
-A lot of people are saying OJ Plain Jane 54mm are the way to go for a cruiser set up; is there any competing wheels that you guys enjoy a lot?

Thank you in advance for any input. Hopefully I can make him happy for his bday.

P.S. For reference, we were looking at this deck

https://skateparkoftampa.com/spot/p.aspx?ID=84691&CID=1

Is this an ok cruiser deck?