Author Topic: Trendwatch 2021  (Read 54670 times)

Circaskater420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Trendwatch 2021
« Reply #390 on: January 18, 2021, 05:16:15 PM »
House music is still maintaining an upward trajectory and could apex soon.  Especially if clubs reopen.  Trick wise I feel like we are in for a weird technical kind of year. 

rupertspupkin

• Rep: 11
« Reply #391 on: January 18, 2021, 05:47:20 PM »

2021 = 1993
These photos are comically bad.

The big pants thing is getting really corny. It's like late-career Robert DeNiro: a handful of great performances amongst a sea of parodies of his earlier work.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
« Reply #392 on: January 18, 2021, 07:14:49 PM »
Boutique skateboards, custom made by small shops like Sea Rat Skateboards, and probably some other shit I don’t know about. It’s kind of surprising that *artesian skateboards* weren’t already a thing
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #393 on: January 18, 2021, 10:58:15 PM »
Boutique skateboards, custom made by small shops like Sea Rat Skateboards, and probably some other shit I don’t know about. It’s kind of surprising that *artesian skateboards* weren’t already a thing
Look up what Greco is doing, and Carpet Co been on that artesianal flame.

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #394 on: January 18, 2021, 11:13:28 PM »
I’m really hatin’ the Bugle Boy mannequin/late-80s strip-mall CPA vibe. Fuck outta here with your braided belt and rugby shirt tucked into the sky-high white chinos. This is not a good look.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 336
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #395 on: January 19, 2021, 12:26:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jeans with patches of bands you don't actually listen to sewn on them.
I'm starting to see it happen and its snowballing.
[close]

Getting hung that people accessorize with "bands they don't listen to" in 2021 when those kids can (and do) google and stream literally anything ever recorded
[close]
this is blatant poser shit. I remember this one time I saw this semi hippy skater with a sick Satori wheels shirt at a park. I told the told the dude that his shirt was sick after he gave me a little fist bump for landing some trick. He looked confused, so I said again “your Satori wheels shirt is sick”. Dude looked me in the face and said “I just found this at Arc and I thought it was a band, that’s cool that they make wheels too”. I looked at his set up and he had fresh bones spf.
[close]

White hippies should just be cancelled in skateboarding 2021
[close]

What about brown hippies?
[close]

they are fine

And why is that?

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #396 on: January 19, 2021, 02:05:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Getting hung that people accessorize with "bands they don't listen to" in 2021 when those kids can (and do) google and stream literally anything ever recorded
[close]
this is blatant poser shit. I remember this one time I saw this semi hippy skater with a sick Satori wheels shirt at a park. I told the told the dude that his shirt was sick after he gave me a little fist bump for landing some trick. He looked confused, so I said again “your Satori wheels shirt is sick”. Dude looked me in the face and said “I just found this at Arc and I thought it was a band, that’s cool that they make wheels too”. I looked at his set up and he had fresh bones spf.
[close]

[close]

[close]

they are fine
[close]

And why is that?
Cause they're not white hippies. Duh.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #397 on: January 19, 2021, 06:50:18 AM »
I’m really hatin’ the Bugle Boy mannequin/late-80s strip-mall CPA vibe. Fuck outta here with your braided belt and rugby shirt tucked into the sky-high white chinos. This is not a good look.

+1 gave me a lol at work

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #398 on: January 19, 2021, 08:32:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

they are fine
[close]

And why is that?
[close]

he gets it

cky enthusiast

« Reply #399 on: January 19, 2021, 08:39:38 AM »
2021 i’m still saging the spot before i skate and warming up with yoga poses *dmx voice* get at me dog

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #400 on: January 22, 2021, 03:28:09 PM »
Giraffe-scrotum suede shoes. The most durable suede. Great flick.

Griptape made of ground up asteroids or moon dust.

Boards with three trucks.

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #401 on: January 22, 2021, 03:54:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think all those snakes are talking about the guys actually making hand cut, hand shaped boards; Sea Rat, Pete's Pigs and such.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
« Reply #402 on: January 22, 2021, 05:39:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I think all those snakes are talking about the guys actually making hand cut, hand shaped boards; Sea Rat, Pete's Pigs and such.

Indeed. Would Shop, Sea Rat, Pete's Pigs. People who are either pressing and shaping their own boards, or else buying premade blanks, shaping them either custom or in small batches, and then selling directly, usually to followers on Instagram
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #403 on: January 22, 2021, 05:53:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

exactly, and how would anyone know about that anyway? it's basically just a general accusation of being a poser in some way with no way to back it up. those people that start an inquisition about how well you know that bands backcatalogue and entire history when they see you wearing a shirt or patch of them are also the worst.
[close]

That’s why you get to know the person with the band shirt, become friends, hang out often, then - maybe years later - you put on the band in question on a road trip. If they ask what it is you say “you fucking poser! You wear the shirt but you’ve never even heard them?!” Then you kick them out of the car hundreds of miles from home and completely ghost them.
I berated a girl back in my teens about her tshirt and what she knew about the band. She told me to fuck off, she liked the band. I still see her around and it is one of the most embarrassing things I've done. The band in question are having a revival so I was shitting myself I would see her at a local gig (pre covid). 

chat noir

• Rep: 1
« Reply #404 on: January 22, 2021, 06:19:57 PM »
Polar Dane 1 + Black Last Resort AB = a curb near your. Especially if Dane releases a part this year.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #405 on: January 23, 2021, 03:54:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

exactly, and how would anyone know about that anyway? it's basically just a general accusation of being a poser in some way with no way to back it up. those people that start an inquisition about how well you know that bands backcatalogue and entire history when they see you wearing a shirt or patch of them are also the worst.
[close]

That’s why you get to know the person with the band shirt, become friends, hang out often, then - maybe years later - you put on the band in question on a road trip. If they ask what it is you say “you fucking poser! You wear the shirt but you’ve never even heard them?!” Then you kick them out of the car hundreds of miles from home and completely ghost them.
[close]
I berated a girl back in my teens about her tshirt and what she knew about the band. She told me to fuck off, she liked the band. I still see her around and it is one of the most embarrassing things I've done. The band in question are having a revival so I was shitting myself I would see her at a local gig (pre covid).

Obviously need to know the band now.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

#SaveIpath

• Rep: -2
« Reply #406 on: January 23, 2021, 09:26:38 PM »
House music is still maintaining an upward trajectory and could apex soon.  Especially if clubs reopen.  Trick wise I feel like we are in for a weird technical kind of year.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #407 on: January 23, 2021, 09:44:14 PM »
i feel like a bit of a doodle doing this, but the word you guys were looking for regarding Pete's Pigs etc is artisan, not artesian. artesian wells are those where the water you are welling is supplied by natural pressure - so you don't need to pump it out.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #408 on: January 23, 2021, 09:45:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

they are fine
[close]

And why is that?
[close]
[close]

he gets it

Explain the difference.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #409 on: January 24, 2021, 12:18:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
This is the way of things.

used to be a little "band thsirt police" growing up but honestly not that much anymore. Like seriously, do you have to know all the American Apparel founder history to wear one their plain white t-shirts? is wearing an 100% cotton T some white supremacist conduct just because the plantations where a living hell for african americans back in the day... yep, all this morning caffeine-fueled nonsense just to say I don't understand this day an age. Let's get back to skateboarding already for a sec and get out with that band tshirt police attitude

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #410 on: January 24, 2021, 01:44:31 AM »
probably posted in here 1000x but let's get rid of the polar jeans

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #411 on: January 24, 2021, 01:54:50 AM »
probably posted in here 1000x but let's get rid of the polar jeans

I assume you only mean the massive ones? As there are several cuts that fit normally or slightly baggy like levis 501 etc.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #412 on: January 24, 2021, 02:41:30 AM »
after you mentioned they make some pants/denim with different fits - went to go check because I was personally interested but after a quick search, yeah no we should scrap all these

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #413 on: January 24, 2021, 03:48:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

used to be a little "band thsirt police" growing up but honestly not that much anymore. Like seriously, do you have to know all the American Apparel founder history to wear one their plain white t-shirts? is wearing an 100% cotton T some white supremacist conduct just because the plantations where a living hell for african americans back in the day... yep, all this morning caffeine-fueled nonsense just to say I don't understand this day an age. Let's get back to skateboarding already for a sec and get out with that band ts 6hirt police attitude

Nah if you wear a band shirt and you don't know shit about the band that's wack. That shit is made for fans.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #414 on: January 24, 2021, 03:53:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

used to be a little "band thsirt police" growing up but honestly not that much anymore. Like seriously, do you have to know all the American Apparel founder history to wear one their plain white t-shirts? is wearing an 100% cotton T some white supremacist conduct just because the plantations where a living hell for african americans back in the day... yep, all this morning caffeine-fueled nonsense just to say I don't understand this day an age. Let's get back to skateboarding already for a sec and get out with that band ts 6hirt police attitude
[close]

Nah if you wear a band shirt and you don't know shit about the band that's wack. That shit is made for fans.

What about a satire statement when you wear a band shirt but you actually hate that band. I’d rock a fuckin’ spice girls T

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #415 on: January 24, 2021, 03:58:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I agree with your sintiment but it goes flying out the window when you have slayer tees in Primark

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #416 on: January 24, 2021, 04:46:09 AM »
after you mentioned they make some pants/denim with different fits - went to go check because I was personally interested but after a quick search, yeah no we should scrap all these

if you take away surf pants from me we will have a problem with eachother.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #417 on: January 24, 2021, 05:09:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I agree with your sintiment but it goes flying out the window when you have slayer tees in Primark
There's a group of bands I almost don't count in this conversation for this very reason.

Ac/DC, Misfits, Ramones etc.

I'm talking more about bands that are closer to their respective scenes mainly in punk and metal. I don't really care if someone just want to wear a Joy Division shirt because they think it looks nice.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #418 on: January 24, 2021, 05:56:28 AM »

Expand Quote

What about a satire statement when you wear a band shirt but you actually hate that band. I’d rock a fuckin’ spice girls T
[close]
I don't really care if someone just want to wear a Joy Division shirt because they think it looks nice.
I have a joy division shirt that I bought out of spite because I think their music sucks, bunch of crying British fake punk babies. Anyone actually wtb an xl love will tear us apart shirt? It even has a joy division print on the back so people don’t even have to see your face to know you listen to whiny British bullshit.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

cky enthusiast

« Reply #419 on: January 24, 2021, 06:16:13 AM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
I don't really care if someone just want to wear a Joy Division shirt because they think it looks nice.
[close]
I have a joy division shirt that I bought out of spite because I think their music sucks, bunch of crying British fake punk babies. Anyone actually wtb an xl love will tear us apart shirt? It even has a joy division print on the back so people don’t even have to see your face to know you listen to whiny British bullshit.

i hope you and your dad can reconcile someday