Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 545436 times)

GBLange

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #3900 on: September 26, 2021, 08:01:18 PM »
managed to get a Curbkiller. now i need wide trucks. the widest i hv right now is ace 55s.. locally i can get Indy 215s & ace 66s classics from the local skateshop. no ace af1 or even classics 77s available in our local skateshop though.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #3901 on: September 26, 2021, 10:45:10 PM »
managed to get a Curbkiller. now i need wide trucks. the widest i hv right now is ace 55s.. locally i can get Indy 215s & ace 66s classics from the local skateshop. no ace af1 or even classics 77s available in our local skateshop though.

Nice one! Biggest Ace classic is the 66. I’d probably get those for the curb killer myself if I could ever find one. Having skated the 55 & 66 AF1s almost exclusively since they came out I’m pretty sure I prefer the classics.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #3902 on: September 27, 2021, 01:31:36 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm looking for some feedback on the ND Siamese or maybe the 9.8 Gonz sweatpants. They would be used for regular skating, flip tricks..curbs ledges extra. And run em with 6.1 Ventures. Thanks yo.
[close]

Sweatpants is a great versatile wide boy. I rode it with Indy 159s. But 151s or 6.1s would be nice also, I imagine.

Love the Sweatpants. Switched to a popsicle again for street but still taking my Sweatpants setup to the bowl. Always skate some flat, too, and it’s fun. Not the best flipper, in my opinion, but neither am I. Strong vote for 169s on it, I think they are a perfect match. Here are some photos:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=97297.msg3592636#msg3592636

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=97297.msg3575594#msg3575594

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3903 on: September 27, 2021, 01:50:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm looking for some feedback on the ND Siamese or maybe the 9.8 Gonz sweatpants. They would be used for regular skating, flip tricks..curbs ledges extra. And run em with 6.1 Ventures. Thanks yo.
[close]

Sweatpants I have are maybe 9.3 over the front but 8.8 over the back, so that would work well on those trucks.  Also 14.38 wheelbase is about medium, not long or short, which makes it a fairly good all rounder too.
[close]
Awesome, How's the concave? I like it pretty medium/steep.

Concave is definitely even medium, maybe a little more if it is a I stamp or a II but I always look for and get the III or IV stamps as they are more mellow.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #3904 on: September 27, 2021, 08:25:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
i liked the Siamese. but the nose was a bit short. did my noseslides on my tail cause that felt more comfortable. Sweatpants has a normal nose.
[close]
Thanks man I wasn't sure on the length of the nose. That makes it a no go. The Gonz is looking good but something similar shaped but in the 9.5 range would be even better. Ideally I want something close to the 9.3 Dressen  everslick shape and size..but that's needle in a haystack type shit unfortunately.

I've got both the Siameses and Sweatpants. I'd recommend the Sweatpants. I want to pick up another one. Mine is getting pretty thrashed; its gets a lot of use.
The main drawback for me with the Siamese was the 14" wheelbase. But maybe you like a short WB. I had mine set up with 6.1's & 54 F4 Conical full. I've got the Sweatpants, WB 14.38, set up with 169s & 60mm Classic F4's. And it's still very nimble.
Wood wise, the Sweatpants is superior with that BBS. Siamese is Prime and very flat feeling. The concaves are like bank ramps instead of transition ala BBS.
When one of my friends saw the Siamese set up for the first time, he said it looked like a turtle. I can't get that out of my head, and its so true. All round and short.
In the last 6 months or so; I've really cut down the size of my quiver. At one point I had 19 completes; with Indys, Thunder, Aces & Ventures of all sizes. It was fun, but in the end it just made it more clear what I like and what I skate the best on: Indys and a wheelbase of 14.25 - 14.5.
Top shot of the Siamese

Fhk

« Reply #3905 on: September 27, 2021, 08:50:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
i liked the Siamese. but the nose was a bit short. did my noseslides on my tail cause that felt more comfortable. Sweatpants has a normal nose.
[close]
Thanks man I wasn't sure on the length of the nose. That makes it a no go. The Gonz is looking good but something similar shaped but in the 9.5 range would be even better. Ideally I want something close to the 9.3 Dressen  everslick shape and size..but that's needle in a haystack type shit unfortunately.
[close]

I've got both the Siameses and Sweatpants. I'd recommend the Sweatpants. I want to pick up another one. Mine is getting pretty thrashed; its gets a lot of use.
The main drawback for me with the Siamese was the 14" wheelbase. But maybe you like a short WB. I had mine set up with 6.1's & 54 F4 Conical full. I've got the Sweatpants, WB 14.38, set up with 169s & 60mm Classic F4's. And it's still very nimble.
Wood wise, the Sweatpants is superior with that BBS. Siamese is Prime and very flat feeling. The concaves are like bank ramps instead of transition ala BBS.
When one of my friends saw the Siamese set up for the first time, he said it looked like a turtle. I can't get that out of my head, and its so true. All round and short.
In the last 6 months or so; I've really cut down the size of my quiver. At one point I had 19 completes; with Indys, Thunder, Aces & Ventures of all sizes. It was fun, but in the end it just made it more clear what I like and what I skate the best on: Indys and a wheelbase of 14.25 - 14.5.
Top shot of the Siamese

Thanks for the advice bud..I don't have access to shops, so the top view helps a ton. I completely understand trying to cut down the quiver, I have tried myself..hasn't worked out yet  :)

Mink

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3906 on: September 27, 2021, 09:46:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sweatpants is a great versatile wide boy. I rode it with Indy 159s. But 151s or 6.1s would be nice also, I imagine.

Strongly agree re: the versatility of the Gonz (I have the Stair/Headcase graphic; same shape as the Sweatpants).

I originally set mine up with KeyFrames as a cruiser. However, I liked it so much at the park/curbs, that I set it up with some F4 97s (and 55 Classics) as my main set up. Wheelbase makes the width very manageable/responsive. Very fun deck.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #3907 on: September 27, 2021, 12:25:41 PM »
Setting up a new curb/cruiser combo board and picked this up. 9” with a great shape and concave. Stoked to throw some rails on it and get to slappin on my way to the store.

host images online free

This looks like a fun deck. Do you happen to know which shape number it is?
IG: @flowterspace

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #3908 on: September 27, 2021, 12:31:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Setting up a new curb/cruiser combo board and picked this up. 9” with a great shape and concave. Stoked to throw some rails on it and get to slappin on my way to the store.

host images online free
[close]

That’s G055, Love Seat.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #3909 on: September 27, 2021, 01:09:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

host images online free
[close]

[close]

That’s G055, Love Seat.

Correct, full specs here.

Shape: G055
Size: 32"x9"
Wheelbase: 13.875"
Nose: 7.125"
Tail: 6.8"
OG Concave

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3910 on: September 27, 2021, 01:48:41 PM »

One of the guys I know has the New Deal Siamese (which is on Dwindle wood here in AU) and it felt short and squat, probably much the same as others, so as said, unless you like short boards, it was not comfortable to me.

I can see it in that top pic for sure.

Sweatpants, both views, top and bottom, just in case you needed it...

Mink

« Reply #3911 on: September 27, 2021, 02:10:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

About to pull the trigger on one of these…anyone skated it?

Fhk

« Reply #3912 on: September 27, 2021, 02:44:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

About to pull the trigger on one of these…anyone skated it?
Huh? Where the hell did you find one?

One of the guys I know has the New Deal Siamese (which is on Dwindle wood here in AU) and it felt short and squat, probably much the same as others, so as said, unless you like short boards, it was not comfortable to me.

I can see it in that top pic for sure.

Sweatpants, both views, top and bottom, just in case you needed it...

Thanks man!!

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #3913 on: September 29, 2021, 11:02:27 AM »
Thinking of picking this board up soon

width: 9.6"
length: 32.125"
wheelbase: 14.75"
nose: 6.5"
tail: 6.625"

Anyone skated it before? How is it?

Could I get away with skating 159s with this board?

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #3914 on: September 29, 2021, 01:29:52 PM »
Most def did not need anymore boards in my life, but I couldn’t pass up a opportunity to snag a Winkowski.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3915 on: September 29, 2021, 01:51:09 PM »
Most def did not need anymore boards in my life, but I couldn’t pass up a opportunity to snag a Winkowski.

this is a beauty

Mink

« Reply #3916 on: September 29, 2021, 02:28:50 PM »

Love that graphic.

I’ve got the same one in the stack. Im also currently skating that same shape with the Trash Panda graphic.

Shape is FUN once you get used to the concave/tail/flat nose.

How are you planning to set it up?

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #3917 on: September 29, 2021, 02:37:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Love that graphic.

I’ve got the same one in the stack. Im also currently skating that same shape with the Trash Panda graphic.

Shape is FUN once you get used to the concave/tail/flat nose.

How are you planning to set it up?

Just set this Heroin up thinking this would be the closest to a Winkowski I'd ever get

But the set up for the Winkowski would be this after I skate through it:

Indy 169
OJ 58mm 101a
Bronson Ceramics

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #3918 on: September 29, 2021, 02:41:05 PM »
I’ve got that Winki in the slimmed down “street”version- bit more nose, no whale tail.  Retired due to shiny grip, but tons of life left. I should regrip. Cruz missile II concave is sick.
Also have the hair-o-ween “street baller” version.

Mink

« Reply #3919 on: September 29, 2021, 02:46:36 PM »
I’ve got that Winki in the slimmed down “street”version- bit more nose, no whale tail.  Retired due to shiny grip, but tons of life left. I should regrip. Cruz missile II concave is sick.
Also have the hair-o-ween “street baller” version.

Oh, just realized my Birdcage (and Trash Panda) are both the 10” versions.

It’s confusing with the use of the same Birdcage graphic on both the 10.34” and 10” shapes.

Gumpspeed

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3920 on: September 29, 2021, 03:46:59 PM »

Hey guys, been lurking for a while decided to post my setups.

My fresh slappy setup,

9.6 heroin mutant egg
Krux 9"
Sushi 54mm
Independent super hard bushes
Creature rails

Big Bessie mini ramp/park cruiser
10ish heroin curb crusher
Bullet 185mm
Oj creature 60mm
Route one rails
Bones hard conical bushes

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3921 on: September 29, 2021, 04:37:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Thinking of picking this board up soon

Frog - Pat Gallagher Crazy Dream Deck

width: 9.6"
length: 32.125"
wheelbase: 14.75"
nose: 6.5"
tail: 6.625"

Anyone skated it before? How is it?
[close]

Could I get away with skating 159s with this board?

If it tapers down as much as it looks, then 159s should work quite well on it.

Most of those boards (like the Sweatpants I have) might say high 9s in the widest point, but over the trucks will be a lot less, back truck area being about 8.8 which is 159 territory.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3922 on: September 29, 2021, 08:37:07 PM »
Just received today...safely landed in Borneo Island..

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3923 on: September 30, 2021, 07:29:30 AM »

Hey guys, been lurking for a while decided to post my setups.

My fresh slappy setup,

9.6 heroin mutant egg
Krux 9"
Sushi 54mm
Independent super hard bushes
Creature rails

Big Bessie mini ramp/park cruiser
10ish heroin curb crusher
Bullet 185mm
Oj creature 60mm
Route one rails
Bones hard conical bushes

beautiful setup u got there..

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3924 on: September 30, 2021, 07:39:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nice one! Biggest Ace classic is the 66. I’d probably get those for the curb killer myself if I could ever find one. Having skated the 55 & 66 AF1s almost exclusively since they came out I’m pretty sure I prefer the classics.

ordered the 66 classics, since it's readily available locally.the axle length is only 0.15" shorter than the af1-77.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #3925 on: September 30, 2021, 10:16:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

ordered the 66 classics, since it's readily available locally.the axle length is only 0.15" shorter than the af1-77.

Nice! I’d love to see a pic with it all set up.

I’m still hoping I’ll get the curb killer somewhere eventually. Been thinking if the purple Ace 66s would look rad on it. Not a big fan of colored trucks but I’m not against them either. For a big egg shape going for some slightly ridiculous looking trucks should work nicely I think.  :)

animalflesh

« Reply #3926 on: September 30, 2021, 02:10:03 PM »
Shout out sushi wheels on the Gumpspeed board

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3927 on: September 30, 2021, 02:29:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice! I’d love to see a pic with it all set up.

I’m still hoping I’ll get the curb killer somewhere eventually. Been thinking if the purple Ace 66s would look rad on it. Not a big fan of colored trucks but I’m not against them either. For a big egg shape going for some slightly ridiculous looking trucks should work nicely I think.  :)

to me it's huge  ;D the biggest deck i've ever rode before this was the Santa Cruz Tom Knox Cop Killer from 1991..hunting for another Curbkiller or just a Big Egg..

fakie varial flip

« Reply #3928 on: October 01, 2021, 07:12:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Love the Sweatpants. Switched to a popsicle again for street but still taking my Sweatpants setup to the bowl. Always skate some flat, too, and it’s fun. Not the best flipper, in my opinion, but neither am I. Strong vote for 169s on it, I think they are a perfect match. Here are some photos:

I just bought that Krooked sweatpants deck to put on my 169s (which I complained previously I was having an impossible time finding a good board for) and I really, really love this setup. Sweatpants +169s is just too fun - the wb is perfect and you can really catch the nose to snap gigantic ollies

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1342
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3929 on: October 01, 2021, 12:06:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I just bought that Krooked sweatpants deck to put on my 169s (which I complained previously I was having an impossible time finding a good board for) and I really, really love this setup. Sweatpants +169s is just too fun - the wb is perfect and you can really catch the nose to snap gigantic ollies
I'm also waiting for my Sweatpants to show up so I can set it up with some 169s. Thanks everybody!
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.