Author Topic: Woodshop Directory 2020 Thread  (Read 114909 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
Re: Woodshop Directory 2020 Thread
« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2020, 10:00:30 AM »
Expand Quote
anyone know any shops or brands that use Point Dist out of Nevada?
[close]

There's a local brand here called Troika that uses them. Not a big fan of the one I have, if I remember right they don't press anything they just print on blanks and claim they come from all over the place but I'm pretty sure its mostly chinese wood. Was ok for the first few sessions but lost its pop pretty quick. Shape was your run of the mill mellow 8.25 x 31.75 14.25wb, nothing interesting about it but nothing offensive either. 

I really like Troika's graphics but I'm probably not going to get another one if its the same wood. It's just a little hobby brand for some local dudes/chicks and they're doing small runs so I understand why they'd want to keep costs down but there's too many other good options to choose from.

Just my two cents though, maybe the one I got was a dud and everything else is from some amazing hidden secret   woodshop but I'll hold off until I see one from somewhere I recognize like clutch/bbs/ps/dwindle etc.

Thanks for the info.

I looked them up. Their graphics aren't bad for a local brand, as in I'd consider what they're doing actually graphics. It's unfortunate that the wood isn't the best.

Reed Richards

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2020, 02:14:27 PM »
Does anyone know which woodshop Darkroom will be using?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2020, 02:16:33 PM »

Believe Pendleton said BBS in the comments of one of those IG posts.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2020, 02:19:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He did

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2020, 02:22:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
He did

Pretty hyped. Some of those shapes look like they may be similar to the Cardiel football that I love so much.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2020, 02:25:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
He did
[close]
Pretty hyped. Some of those shapes look like they may be similar to the Cardiel football that I love so much.
Excellent.  Thanks dudes.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 02:26:37 PM by Reed Richards »

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 835
« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2020, 01:28:07 AM »
I think Brujaria is doing BBS now. Still have some clutch but I guess the latest batch was BBS.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2020, 01:48:38 AM »
Ambush skateboards shop decks? Liking the dimension for their 8 x 32 x 14.25 boards.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

usedtostillskate

• Rep: -1
« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2020, 07:09:26 PM »
I got a second Beer City deck. I'm not sure which wood they use, but the first one was strong and a little heavy. This one also has made in USA stamped on it but had a Lazer engraved number near the truck holes. Does PS Stixx make anything in USA since I thought the number etching was their thing? Is there another shop that does this? The first one didn't have the numbers but both said "made in the USA". I'm enjoying it so far and the measurements are dead on from what the website says. I'm not sure if they're common enough for anyone to know which shop they use but I'd be curious to know.

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #189 on: March 18, 2020, 06:35:53 PM »
Back to Dwindle? Layout and 8.0 x 31.6 WB: 14 seem like Dwindle.

https://zeroskateboards.com/pages/d2-2020

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #190 on: March 18, 2020, 07:02:39 PM »

speed demon wheels and slant trucks are pretty telling on the completes.

legion

« Reply #191 on: March 18, 2020, 08:34:34 PM »
Expand Quote

https://www.instaram.com/p/B95DFc0leTX/
[close]
Ya. Drrh. I left out the most obvious evidence. 2nd drop and ppl haven't noticed? Not a hot commodity here, huh?

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2020, 01:06:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

https://www.instaram.com/p/B95DFc0leTX/
[close]
[close]
Ya. Drrh. I left out the most obvious evidence. 2nd drop and ppl haven't noticed? Not a hot commodity here, huh?
i like skulls as much as the next guy but the chief never got my money. sure as hell wont now
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #193 on: March 19, 2020, 04:21:33 PM »
I got a second Beer City deck. I'm not sure which wood they use, but the first one was strong and a little heavy. This one also has made in USA stamped on it but had a Lazer engraved number near the truck holes. Does PS Stixx make anything in USA since I thought the number etching was their thing? Is there another shop that does this? The first one didn't have the numbers but both said "made in the USA". I'm enjoying it so far and the measurements are dead on from what the website says. I'm not sure if they're common enough for anyone to know which shop they use but I'd be curious to know.

Lots of places can do laser engraving. BBS does it from time to time, seems like they've been using it more lately. Some of the ScumCo and street plant Pennswood decks used to have it, but it was always a little logo and not a serial number. Can you take a pic of it? If it's PS the serial # will be PSxxx-xxxx with the x's being the mold and the number in the run the board is.

I don't think PS does anything in the states anymore but maybe they set up something for small runs, who knows. More than likely one of the US shops just got a new toy or they talked a local furniture factory into making a deck mold or something.

usedtostillskate

• Rep: -1
« Reply #194 on: March 19, 2020, 04:40:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lots of places can do laser engraving. BBS does it from time to time, seems like they've been using it more lately. Some of the ScumCo and street plant Pennswood decks used to have it, but it was always a little logo and not a serial number. Can you take a pic of it? If it's PS the serial # will be PSxxx-xxxx with the x's being the mold and the number in the run the board is.

I don't think PS does anything in the states anymore but maybe they set up something for small runs, who knows. More than likely one of the US shops just got a new toy or they talked a local furniture factory into making a deck mold or something.
I gripped it before I could take a picture, but no PS before the #. I don't think it's pennswood though because I've skated them before. Maybe South Central or Chapman.

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #195 on: March 23, 2020, 08:09:38 PM »
What is the deal with hopps? I have had 2 of their boards and they don't feel like any generator board I have ever had. Both were super soggy day 1 and both broke in 2- 3 sessions. I thought I read something since chapman went under they were using generator wood but somebody else was pressing them or something weird like that.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2020, 07:13:30 AM »
What is the deal with hopps? I have had 2 of their boards and they don't feel like any generator board I have ever had. Both were super soggy day 1 and both broke in 2- 3 sessions. I thought I read something since chapman went under they were using generator wood but somebody else was pressing them or something weird like that.

When Chapman lost their woodshop, they started using Clutch to make all their boards. I've heard a rumor that they have their own woodshop again, but nothing to confirm that. Edit: can't cite where I heard said rumor, it could have also been some ad or email from them saying their boards were made in the USA.

My guess is that they either have their own shop again or the boards you had were Clutch. Was there any kind of stamp over your front truck? Clutch has a shape stamp, like "K7" or whatever.

Also, FWIW: Theories is pretty forward about saying that their own (Theories Brand) decks are BBS, but they don't say anything like that about Hopps on their store. I'm not a board breaker but every single Chapman I've ever had has gone to shit so fast.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 11:49:23 AM by FrozenIndustries »

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #197 on: March 25, 2020, 09:02:59 PM »
Someone bought me a 101 Mcnatt as a gift and I’m thinking about skating it. Any idea what wood shop they printed their reissues on? I’m gonna guess Dwindle.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #198 on: March 25, 2020, 10:12:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When Chapman lost their woodshop, they started using Clutch to make all their boards. I've heard a rumor that they have their own woodshop again, but nothing to confirm that. Edit: can't cite where I heard said rumor, it could have also been some ad or email from them saying their boards were made in the USA.

My guess is that they either have their own shop again or the boards you had were Clutch. Was there any kind of stamp over your front truck? Clutch has a shape stamp, like "K7" or whatever.

Also, FWIW: Theories is pretty forward about saying that their own (Theories Brand) decks are BBS, but they don't say anything like that about Hopps on their store. I'm not a board breaker but every single Chapman I've ever had has gone to shit so fast.
I emailed Theories of Atlantis awhile ago asking about Hopps' woodshop.  The dude said all TOA are bonded at the TOA warehouse in Long Island using Generator wood.  Hope that helps.

Janek_SK8

• Rep: -2
« Reply #199 on: March 26, 2020, 03:01:50 AM »
Hi, i buy this Thank You Logo Team Deck this Month, it's by DSM/Dwindle.
Is Thank You move to Dwindle?, my Torey, Deawon Pro Deck are by PS Stix.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2020, 04:13:19 AM »
Hi, i buy this Thank You Logo Team Deck this Month, it's by DSM/Dwindle.
Is Thank You move to Dwindle?, my Torey, Deawon Pro Deck are by PS Stix.

Answer is right there - DSM woodshop
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #201 on: March 26, 2020, 11:44:36 AM »
is business and company bbs or ps?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #202 on: March 26, 2020, 01:32:55 PM »

Pretty sure they are all BBS.
IG: @flowterspace

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2020, 03:06:47 PM »
All BBS

Vintagebody

« Reply #204 on: March 26, 2020, 03:40:20 PM »
I'm eyeing some sales, and they have Hockey boards with the warning sticker. BBS wood then?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2020, 05:38:23 PM »
I'm eyeing some sales, and they have Hockey boards with the warning sticker. BBS wood then?

If its the black/white one then its BBS.

All FA and Hockey is BBS now. The only place you're going to find a PS one is covered in dust on a shelf in a shop or on ebay. PS has a similar red/white warning sticker to the one BBS sometimes uses but theirs is bigger and is located on the nose rather than between the front truck holes.

Smartass, When you get a chance can you add Demon Seed to South Central? They have some really cool graphics and I was happy to find out they use good wood. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:41:32 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #206 on: March 28, 2020, 11:23:29 PM »
Are DGK price point decks made in DSM / China? Just saw this local listing, the Resin 7 plus the laser etching looks like the one you see on Almost / Darkstar / Blind.

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Vintagebody

« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2020, 12:54:44 PM »
View on Sk8mafia decks? Its BBS so should be good, even tho prices are lower?

legion

« Reply #208 on: March 31, 2020, 01:48:45 PM »
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/border-baja-california/story/2020-03-28/in-tijuana-video-address-mexicos-president-toughens-coronavirus-stance
Thoughts? Sounds like factories in TJ don't have to shutdown. Anyone know if BBS, PS Stix, and/or Clutch are still running?
And given the split here between skating and not skating.. What are your thoughts about them staying open? If they are..
Edit.. Also factor in this lasting for over a year. And Mexico's healthcare system, social infrastructure, and the basic needs vs income of a factory worker with a family.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 02:29:42 PM by legion »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #209 on: April 05, 2020, 11:05:48 AM »
A Numbers board E5 would be PS or BBS?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.