Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread  (Read 2224551 times)

jsettle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Sale Gear Thread
« Reply #12570 on: April 06, 2023, 05:18:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I know alot of people hate on Thank You but they have a sale going on with a bunch of decks for 29 bucks to 35 bucks....i actually got some during their new year sale and i personally like the shape and the wood they use. Some of their graphics arent too horrible. Just throwing it out there if anyone is looking for cheap decks that are good quality and dont want to ride pizza. I think ill grab a couple more since i like the shape so much
[close]
Do you know if they’re BBS or PS Stix?
[close]

Pretty sure the ones I've seen where Dwindle (made in China).

The 3 i have say made in Mexico, so PS Stix.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #12571 on: April 06, 2023, 05:30:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I know alot of people hate on Thank You but they have a sale going on with a bunch of decks for 29 bucks to 35 bucks....i actually got some during their new year sale and i personally like the shape and the wood they use. Some of their graphics arent too horrible. Just throwing it out there if anyone is looking for cheap decks that are good quality and dont want to ride pizza. I think ill grab a couple more since i like the shape so much
[close]
[close]

[close]

Do they have serial numbers with PS in them? I think there are other wood shops in Mexico.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1081
« Reply #12572 on: April 06, 2023, 06:13:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Both BBS and PS make their decks in Mexico, but according to the woodshop thread they’re made by PS and Dwindle so we are both right.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

jsettle

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12573 on: April 06, 2023, 06:39:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Both BBS and PS make their decks in Mexico, but according to the woodshop thread they’re made by PS and Dwindle so we are both right.

Gotcha! Thanks for that info. I just happened to get the PS ones then. Im sure they just switch it up every so often for different drops.

jsettle

« Reply #12574 on: April 06, 2023, 10:40:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
Do they have serial numbers with PS in them? I think there are other wood shops in Mexico.

So there was a thank you sticker over where the normal PS stix serial number etching usually would be. So i peeled it off to see if it was there and there is etching that says "7 K"....so made in mexico but maybe its not ps stix....still some good quality boards in my opinion and worth the cheap price

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12575 on: April 06, 2023, 11:19:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

So there was a thank you sticker over where the normal PS stix serial number etching usually would be. So i peeled it off to see if it was there and there is etching that says "7 K"....so made in mexico but maybe its not ps stix....still some good quality boards in my opinion and worth the cheap price

If you look at the tops of any of the ty boards here, there's no identifiers that suggest PS stix or Dwindle, who both laser etch

https://www.tactics.com/thank-you/decks
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 12:16:52 PM by bumpnrun »

johnficenec

• Rep: -21
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #12576 on: April 06, 2023, 11:28:11 AM »

Lin Thizzy

• Rep: 86
« Reply #12577 on: April 06, 2023, 01:31:05 PM »
Posting for to celebrate page 420 and give thanks to the regular contributors to this thread.
I've definitely spent more money on gear I don't need than actually saved by visiting here but I still got love for yall even if my wallet don't.

Someone buy this Krooked JJ guest board at Orchard:
https://orchardshop.com/collections/decks-overripe/products/overripe-krooked-deck-jake-johnson-guest-408-499

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 177
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #12578 on: April 06, 2023, 02:20:11 PM »
Posting for to celebrate page 420 and give thanks to the regular contributors to this thread.
I've definitely spent more money on gear I don't need than actually saved by visiting here but I still got love for yall even if my wallet don't.

Someone buy this Krooked JJ guest board at Orchard:
https://orchardshop.com/collections/decks-overripe/products/overripe-krooked-deck-jake-johnson-guest-408-499

Thanks for hipping me to this section
https://orchardshop.com/search?q=Overripe*

APRILSHOWERS15 until 4/16 at https://www.orchardshop.com

Hope this works

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12579 on: April 06, 2023, 02:27:43 PM »
Got my Pizza decks from The Drop. Not bad for $56.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #12580 on: April 06, 2023, 07:52:46 PM »
@OhioGuy are those the 8.5 shovel nose? Any chance to give a top view?
Thanks in advance. My 8.25 arrived warped, but even so I’m loving that deck so much.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12581 on: April 06, 2023, 08:02:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Thanks in advance. My 8.25 arrived warped, but even so I’m loving that deck so much.
Yeah it’s the 8.5 shovel. It’s like a mellow FA deck IMHO. Here’s the top view. I like that they’re the same color as the bottom ply. Can’t see the engraving in this pic, but they’re PS Stix.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #12582 on: April 06, 2023, 08:18:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Yeah it’s the 8.5 shovel. It’s like a mellow FA deck IMHO. Here’s the top view. I like that they’re the same color as the bottom ply. Can’t see the engraving in this pic, but they’re PS Stix.

The sticker position is a good indicator by itself and enlarged image on this computer, I can easily see the PS Stix laser marking, so it is always good info with pics like that.

Thanks!

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

If you look at the tops of any of the ty boards here, there's no identifiers that suggest PS stix or Dwindle, who both laser etch

https://www.tactics.com/thank-you/decks

Were you guys talking about the brand Pizza or Thank You before?

I kinda get the impression some of you were talking about Pizza and some about Thank You.

Also the letter and number combo is Clutch size and shape, so "7 K" would be 8.25 round on both ends with a standard wheelbase.

Thank You* -2020   ……….   ……….   PS Stix
Thank You* 2021   ……….   ……….   Clutch
Thank You* 2021   ……….   ……….   Dwindle

Pizza* 2022   ……….   ……….   PS Stix
Pizza* 2021   ……….   ……….   Clutch

Woodshop thread:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=120409.0

Edit:

Re Tactics, looking at that board, I would say that is Clutch due to the colour of the wood stain more than anyting, then the size sticker over the front truck, which brands usually do to cover the letter and number stamps on the boards.

Unless someone confirms it, they could all be Clutch now, or some of the pricepoint boards on something else, so really it is more just an educated guess at this point.

https://www.tactics.com/thank-you/hijinx-x-thank-you-pudwill-elephant-825-skateboard-deck

« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 08:37:26 PM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #12583 on: April 06, 2023, 08:38:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

gnarred thanks for following up. I just tried to order and the drop is trying to charge $30 shipping for two pizza decks. I even tried to get the cart up over $100 and still no free shipping

ejazzle

• Rep: 82
« Reply #12584 on: April 06, 2023, 10:04:25 PM »
I’ve been skating through some thank you decks I’ve had on ice from a recent sale and they definitely seem like clutch wood. Not a huge fan of how steep the nose and tail are. No stained plys either. They have held their pop for a while though, just feel slightly stiff. I like the springiness of PS better. I am impressed how long these boards have been able to put up with my fatass. I’ll probably be snagging a few more from the sale.

Yep just peeled back some grip “7 K” all varying pro models.

dumptruck12

• Rep: -104
« Reply #12585 on: April 07, 2023, 03:01:01 AM »
Too much talk about these decks, who cares! Buy them if they are cheap and if they decks aren’t good then sell them to a little skatepark kid to get your money back!

Now where are the sales!

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12586 on: April 07, 2023, 03:18:02 AM »
Too much talk about these decks, who cares! Buy them if they are cheap and if they decks aren’t good then sell them to a little skatepark kid to get your money back!

Now where are the sales!
Lol, SoCal Skateshop has 15% off for Easter. Ends 4/9/23.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1081
« Reply #12587 on: April 07, 2023, 06:06:08 AM »
Hold out for Memorial Day, soldiers.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12588 on: April 07, 2023, 07:32:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
gnarred thanks for following up. I just tried to order and the drop is trying to charge $30 shipping for two pizza decks. I even tried to get the cart up over $100 and still no free shipping
That's how much they charge on Pizza's site. So that's weird. I wonder who covers the free shipping when they sell through The Drop. I imagine someone is losing money. Feels like I finessed them getting two decks shipped for $56 lol

G_Money

• Rep: 12
« Reply #12589 on: April 07, 2023, 09:57:50 AM »
Volcom has an extra 40% off sale items if you need a new pair of chinos or something.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #12590 on: April 07, 2023, 10:28:35 AM »
20% off at
https://shredzshop.com/
using “EASTERDEAL”

There’s free shipping above $99 for US & Canada. Otherwise $16-17 shipping probably negates the discount.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 731
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #12591 on: April 07, 2023, 10:43:23 AM »
^ do not support these guys and their trash low effort content

Sincerely,
Someone putting off making higher effort content
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #12592 on: April 07, 2023, 01:56:36 PM »

Sincerely,
shredz does alot for the community around here, hate the content if you want, but its coming from a skate shop owned and run by a skateboarder.
not some outsider capitalizing on trends.

BL0B

• Rep: 416
« Reply #12593 on: April 07, 2023, 03:37:44 PM »

Sincerely,

that's a weird take, some shops don't even have social media, how do you rank that effort?

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #12594 on: April 07, 2023, 04:20:51 PM »

Sincerely,
whats the history here?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 585
« Reply #12595 on: April 07, 2023, 08:50:00 PM »
Expand Quote

Sincerely,
[close]
whats the history here?

Shredz Shop makes YouTube videos that can seem corny sometimes. Shout out to the homie Levi.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 177
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #12596 on: April 07, 2023, 09:14:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Sincerely,
[close]
whats the history here?
[close]

Shredz Shop makes YouTube videos that can seem corny sometimes. Shout out to the homie Levi.

Yeah Shred Shop is great @Allen. is not, but I guess you could call that a SPICY take

If they had 58mm conical fulls I would have been all over this deal

https://shredzshop.com/collections/wheels?sort_by=title-descending

20% off at
using “EASTERDEAL”

There’s free shipping above $99 for US & Canada. Otherwise $16-17 shipping probably negates the discount.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 731
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #12597 on: April 08, 2023, 10:41:20 AM »
Well shit. Didn’t know there was a positive to those guys. Thanks for the kind words.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #12598 on: April 08, 2023, 01:32:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Sincerely,
[close]
whats the history here?
[close]

[close]

Yeah Shred Shop is great @Allen. is not, but I guess you could call that a SPICY take

Expand Quote
20% off at
using “EASTERDEAL”

[close]
Do you think those Primetime Premium Blank Deck's are BBS? "Made in Mexico at one of the world's top skateboard factories, using 7 ply hard rock Canadian maple. This is the same factory as some of your favorite pro deck brands. [...] We chose a classic skate deck shape with a nice big nose and tail, and medium concave."

Lessfillingtastegreat

« Reply #12599 on: April 08, 2023, 02:12:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Sincerely,
[close]
whats the history here?
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
20% off at
using “EASTERDEAL”

[close]
[close]
Do you think those Primetime Premium Blank Deck's are BBS? "Made in Mexico at one of the world's top skateboard factories, using 7 ply hard rock Canadian maple. This is the same factory as some of your favorite pro deck brands. [...] We chose a classic skate deck shape with a nice big nose and tail, and medium concave."

Email them.
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx