Author Topic: Guitar Thread  (Read 20303 times)

Andmoreagain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 52
Re: Guitar Thread
« Reply #270 on: October 27, 2022, 06:45:11 AM »
just swap out the pickup with one you like

thanksgiving

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #271 on: October 31, 2022, 09:34:38 PM »
looking at getting a steel string, as i always play nylon acoustics. anyone have experience with guild guitars?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #272 on: November 01, 2022, 11:23:01 PM »
just swap out the pickup with one you like

I I got the pickup. Its the same except the magnet and the cover finish.  I don't want to do any soldering
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #273 on: November 22, 2022, 10:41:48 AM »
Got my Strat out of storage so I thought I’d take a picture of the rare occasion all my electrics were in one place.

I mostly play with a Spark amp and headphones so as not to annoy family and neighbors but I do occasionally take the newspapers and shit off of this and wheel it out when I’m alone:

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #274 on: December 12, 2022, 07:47:44 PM »
i don't know shit about guitars really, but this was a fun watch...i don't think i've ever seen him so talkative...

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #275 on: December 13, 2022, 07:15:54 AM »
i don't know shit about guitars really, but this was a fun watch...i don't think i've ever seen him so talkative...

Really enjoyed this. Pretty cool when J purchased a guitar because The Wipers guitarist played same model. Love The Wipers!  The Telecaster beautiful. I could have listened him talk for hours. I never really listened to Dinosaur Jr. Definitely interested in checking out their music. What albums do you recommend I start with?

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #276 on: December 13, 2022, 07:48:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Really enjoyed this. Pretty cool when J purchased a guitar because The Wipers guitarist played same model. Love The Wipers!  The Telecaster beautiful. I could have listened him talk for hours. I never really listened to Dinosaur Jr. Definitely interested in checking out their music. What albums do you recommend I start with?

hah, i got a kick out of his mentioning The Wipers there too--i haven't listened to them in a while, and i need to.

Dinosaur Jr....ok, the challenge is not to turn this into an essay--very dear to me. i love most everything from Dinosaur Jr, but for me it all goes back to You're Living All Over Me and Bug, the two first SST albums. a number of songs on those albums are inextricably tied to skating for me from earlier videos, and those are the albums i return to most often. also, Green Mind is incredible and invaluable to me--G&S Footage starts with the song "The Wagon" and has been one of my favorites ever since. (i also have "The Wagon" 7" from Sub Pop on white vinyl which i think is the version of the song they used in that video).

there is also of course, "A Little Ethnic Song," which begins Memory Screen,  and which Greg Hunt pays respect to at the beginning of Mind Field--i've always appreciated that. that song is actually from a cool compilation of guitarists called Guitarrorists

https://www.discogs.com/release/374250-Various-Guitarrorists

to this day, i think "A Little Ethnic Song" is one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever

edit: speaking of Memory Screen, i've been loving this performance of "The lung" recently

« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 07:59:23 AM by Deputy Wendell »

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1084
« Reply #277 on: December 13, 2022, 09:18:07 AM »
I've been a drummer for most of my life, and I know a few chords, but I decided a few weeks ago that it was time to learn guitar. I bought a little 24" scale parlor guitar (my only other time seriously playing guitar was on a 24" scale guitar, so it feels normal to me), and I am going to learn. Please point me to some resources other than the obvious "learn guitar" videos on YouTube.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

thanksgiving

« Reply #278 on: December 13, 2022, 02:08:19 PM »
I've been a drummer for most of my life, and I know a few chords, but I decided a few weeks ago that it was time to learn guitar. I bought a little 24" scale parlor guitar (my only other time seriously playing guitar was on a 24" scale guitar, so it feels normal to me), and I am going to learn. Please point me to some resources other than the obvious "learn guitar" videos on YouTube.
Nice! parlor guitars are so cool. im afraid i dont have much for resources, but when i was starting these two ideas really helped me develop(at least with songwriting):
-when you are playing a chord, that in itself is the structure for a scale, or riff. Take a chord and try playing each string individually and turn it into your own. experiment moving your fingers around one at a time to find new sounds within that shape.
-create a melody one one string, start with 3 notes. lets say 2-4-5 on your d string. i like the way this sounds, but i want to make it more full. experiment, or find chords that have that note in it, and use that to build up a song. in this example i might use 022xxx, 324xxx, and 535xxx. makes songwriting much less daunting when you start on one string and expand from there.

im not really sure where you are in your playing so these might be a little further ahead but regardless, good luck!  ;D best thing ive ever done was pick up the guitar and i hope you can see in it what myself and so many others do

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #279 on: December 14, 2022, 08:30:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nice! parlor guitars are so cool. im afraid i dont have much for resources, but when i was starting these two ideas really helped me develop(at least with songwriting):
-when you are playing a chord, that in itself is the structure for a scale, or riff. Take a chord and try playing each string individually and turn it into your own. experiment moving your fingers around one at a time to find new sounds within that shape.
-create a melody one one string, start with 3 notes. lets say 2-4-5 on your d string. i like the way this sounds, but i want to make it more full. experiment, or find chords that have that note in it, and use that to build up a song. in this example i might use 022xxx, 324xxx, and 535xxx. makes songwriting much less daunting when you start on one string and expand from there.

im not really sure where you are in your playing so these might be a little further ahead but regardless, good luck!  ;D best thing ive ever done was pick up the guitar and i hope you can see in it what myself and so many others do

I think I get what you're saying, because I can say similar things about the drums (take away everything but your bass drum, snare, and a pair of hi-hats, focus on what you can create there). Thank you for the advice; I spent a few hours last night moving between the few chords I know, just repeating them in various patterns, and trying to move between frets, and I'm going through a step-by-step absolute beginner YouTube series. So far (two days), it has been a blast and I find myself pretty excited for this new challenge.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #280 on: December 14, 2022, 08:52:55 AM »
Got my Strat out of storage so I thought I’d take a picture of the rare occasion all my electrics were in one place.

I mostly play with a Spark amp and headphones so as not to annoy family and neighbors but I do occasionally take the newspapers and shit off of this and wheel it out when I’m alone:

@Willie - Excellent quiver. A strat, a tele, and a semi-hollow are all you need. You can achieve pretty much any sound or tone you want between those 3 guitars. Which one is your favorite to play? I've always been a semi-hollow guy. I'm playing an ES-335 clone currently. Believe it or not I've never been a fan of strats, but that's probably because I haven't played the right one yet. I owned a Mexican strat but I couldn't mesh with it.

The only strat I've played that I liked was a custom strat priced around $1000.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #281 on: December 14, 2022, 03:24:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think I get what you're saying, because I can say similar things about the drums (take away everything but your bass drum, snare, and a pair of hi-hats, focus on what you can create there). Thank you for the advice; I spent a few hours last night moving between the few chords I know, just repeating them in various patterns, and trying to move between frets, and I'm going through a step-by-step absolute beginner YouTube series. So far (two days), it has been a blast and I find myself pretty excited for this new challenge.

I learned from those total beginner lessons on YouTube. Followed along with the Andy guitar and Justin guitar lesson plans until I had basic chord changes down. They're not the most rockin things to play, but they definitely helped. I had a few other channels I recommended a few pages back if you dig. Anyone can play guitar is a great one that covers beginner to intermediate level stuff.

If you like The Brian Jonestown Massacre, most of their songs are stupid simple. Loads can be played with basic open chords, or just the basic major barre chord shape moved around.

Barre chords took me way too long, but my guitar was really holding me back because it was cheap and the action was way too high that I couldn't get the high strings to ring out. I seriously thought they were impossible for me until I got a decent guitar with a proper set up from my local shop. Whatever you've got, it's probably worth it to get it properly set up so it's a easy as it can be for you to play.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #282 on: December 14, 2022, 06:26:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

@Willie - Excellent quiver. A strat, a tele, and a semi-hollow are all you need. You can achieve pretty much any sound or tone you want between those 3 guitars. Which one is your favorite to play? I've always been a semi-hollow guy. I'm playing an ES-335 clone currently. Believe it or not I've never been a fan of strats, but that's probably because I haven't played the right one yet. I owned a Mexican strat but I couldn't mesh with it.

The Strat was my first real guitar. Never liked the color. I’ve since come to the conclusion that I don’t really love Strats. It’s amazing for chime-y cleans and the ergonomics are great but the stock bridge sound is weak, I kinda hate the trem, and the intermediate positions are straight blues lawyer tone. That said, this particular Strat is an MIJ Contemporary Squier (I swapped pickups to 57/62s) and it straight up smokes any Strat on the Guitar Center wall under $1000, playability wise. Quibbles aside, I’ll never get rid of it.

My wife bought me the Tele direct from Japan about 15 years ago. It’s so good. They were only around $600 back then and just as good as an American reissue. I could probably live with that as my only guitar although I don’t love the neck pickup. Maybe put a Strat neck pickup in there?

The ES-339 was my Craigslist score. $300 with hard case. That’s like $220 for just the guitar. Way better than it had any right to be. Neck is super smooth. With the coil split you can really get a huge variety of sounds.

I still want something with P90s. And I wouldn’t mind a Jazzmaster…

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #283 on: December 15, 2022, 08:56:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I learned from those total beginner lessons on YouTube. Followed along with the Andy guitar and Justin guitar lesson plans until I had basic chord changes down. They're not the most rockin things to play, but they definitely helped. I had a few other channels I recommended a few pages back if you dig. Anyone can play guitar is a great one that covers beginner to intermediate level stuff.

If you like The Brian Jonestown Massacre, most of their songs are stupid simple. Loads can be played with basic open chords, or just the basic major barre chord shape moved around.

Barre chords took me way too long, but my guitar was really holding me back because it was cheap and the action was way too high that I couldn't get the high strings to ring out. I seriously thought they were impossible for me until I got a decent guitar with a proper set up from my local shop. Whatever you've got, it's probably worth it to get it properly set up so it's a easy as it can be for you to play.

Yeah, Andy Guitar has been my go-to, and I've stuck with him so as not to overwhelm myself with guitar information. I've been following along, spending as much time as I need on each lesson, sort of exploring the chords as he explains them. It has felt very helpful, and I've progressed a decent amount in a few days, but I've been playing music most of my life (violin and cello for a few years, drums for ~25), so I'm not a neophyte. It's for this same reason that I have realistic expectations about what I will and will not be able to play, and yeah the songs are pretty basic but I expect in six months to a year, with regular practice, I'll be able to fumble through something I want to hear.

As for my guitar, I've got a family member who works for a major guitar maker, so they hooked me up with a blemished mid-range acoustic (light hazing in the finish) which they had professionally set up by our mutual friend, who runs the domestic end of their guitar shop. Still though, the action is set pretty high, but I'm going to ride it out until the guitar has been played, the humidity has arrived, and everything is a little more settled, then I figure I'll get it setup locally.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #284 on: December 15, 2022, 10:10:08 AM »
Christmas shopping has pretty much cleaned me out this year. I've been selling off my pedal collection as an attempt to throw some money back into my account. I've got a few things for sale that are slightly below used Reverb prices if anyone here is interested. Everything is in good shape and comes with the box and manual. FB market links are posted as well, but if you're not on FB and theres something you want, message me and we'll work it out. I can take Paypal for friends/family or Venmo. Shipping is usually between $5-10 and usually takes about 2-3 days.

What I've got:
Hungry Robot HG Overdrive/distortion: $100
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/875779023593012/

Nobles ODR Mini Overdrive: $60
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1112050519505053/

EHX Big Muff w/Tone Wicker: $60
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1313070816158238/

Digitech SDRUM Drum Machine: $120
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/550934743065812/

TC Electronic HOF Mini Reverb: $65
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/935426397421554/

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 52
« Reply #285 on: December 15, 2022, 10:25:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The Strat was my first real guitar. Never liked the color. I’ve since come to the conclusion that I don’t really love Strats. It’s amazing for chime-y cleans and the ergonomics are great but the stock bridge sound is weak, I kinda hate the trem, and the intermediate positions are straight blues lawyer tone. That said, this particular Strat is an MIJ Contemporary Squier (I swapped pickups to 57/62s) and it straight up smokes any Strat on the Guitar Center wall under $1000, playability wise. Quibbles aside, I’ll never get rid of it.

My wife bought me the Tele direct from Japan about 15 years ago. It’s so good. They were only around $600 back then and just as good as an American reissue. I could probably live with that as my only guitar although I don’t love the neck pickup. Maybe put a Strat neck pickup in there?

The ES-339 was my Craigslist score. $300 with hard case. That’s like $220 for just the guitar. Way better than it had any right to be. Neck is super smooth. With the coil split you can really get a huge variety of sounds.

I'm also a big fan of Japanese guitars from the late 70s on. The quality to price is just outstanding, although they are getting much more expensive.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #286 on: December 15, 2022, 10:45:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm also a big fan of Japanese guitars from the late 70s on. The quality to price is just outstanding, although they are getting much more expensive.

I picked up a Matsumoku-made SG at a pawn shop for $125 in the era before eBay, and before anyone recognized the value of these guitars. I gave it to my brother, who has been playing it ever since. It has been professionally setup by the aforementioned guitar tech who insists it's among the best SGs that he has ever seen, certainly higher quality than anything Gibson put out during the same period ("Norlin-era").

rukes

• Rep: 217
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #287 on: December 15, 2022, 09:03:01 PM »
I've got a Japanese ~1968 Yamaha SA50 that is an amazing guitar. Cost me $1500 Australian, but the quality and workmanship is superb.

I also have a late 70's MIJ  Westbury Deluxe, which sort of looks like a weird SG. It weighs an absolute tonne but the quality is also amazing for what I paid.

I also have a '93 MIJ Shoreline Gold Jazzmaster that was my favourite guitar for a long time. The only thing that sucked about it was the pickups. I put a set of Seymour Duncan Antiquity in there and it sounded so much better.

My current face guitar is non Japanese, my brand new J Mascis MIM Tele. The neck on it is just so easy to play, it just has that cool tele twang, and it's just a simple guitar that plays and sounds great.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #288 on: December 26, 2022, 07:24:16 AM »

My brother ordered this very same guitar for me as a Christmas gift and it should be arriving in a few days. It's a Jackson Dinky JS32 DKA. The only experience I have with a Jackson has been playing my brother's JS22, which is a relatively solid guitar for the class/ price point.

I'm planning on putting SD pickups on it, but it seems like a solid guitar out of the box. I love the natural wood finish too. I play a lot of jazz/ blues fusion, but I think this guitar will push me in a heavier direction when it comes to writing riffs, and I'm okay with that.

Does anyone have experience with this guitar, or with similar Jackson guitars? I've also never owned a guitar with the Floyd Rose system.

Thanks Pals!

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #289 on: December 26, 2022, 07:53:49 AM »

It’s ESP I bought last year after a 2 year break, very similar to the schecter c1 I had before this. Though, I think that one was better. I don’t play much anymore. I been really into American football lately, they use weird tunings, I don’t feel like re-tuning often, so I can only play one song at a time.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #290 on: December 26, 2022, 10:37:32 AM »
I've got a Japanese ~1968 Yamaha SA50 that is an amazing guitar. Cost me $1500 Australian, but the quality and workmanship is superb.

I also have a late 70's MIJ  Westbury Deluxe, which sort of looks like a weird SG. It weighs an absolute tonne but the quality is also amazing for what I paid.

I also have a '93 MIJ Shoreline Gold Jazzmaster that was my favourite guitar for a long time. The only thing that sucked about it was the pickups. I put a set of Seymour Duncan Antiquity in there and it sounded so much better.

My current face guitar is non Japanese, my brand new J Mascis MIM Tele. The neck on it is just so easy to play, it just has that cool tele twang, and it's just a simple guitar that plays and sounds great.

I’m trying (and succeeding) at simple learning and playing the *very nice* guitar which I already have, but this past week with Christmas, work was slow and I found myself going down the Reverb MIJ guitar rabbit hole.

But I haven’t bought any guitar shit except for some picks, a stand, and a set of strings to keep on hand.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #291 on: December 26, 2022, 03:48:24 PM »

My brother ordered this very same guitar for me as a Christmas gift and it should be arriving in a few days. It's a Jackson Dinky JS32 DKA. The only experience I have with a Jackson has been playing my brother's JS22, which is a relatively solid guitar for the class/ price point.

I'm planning on putting SD pickups on it, but it seems like a solid guitar out of the box. I love the natural wood finish too. I play a lot of jazz/ blues fusion, but I think this guitar will push me in a heavier direction when it comes to writing riffs, and I'm okay with that.

Does anyone have experience with this guitar, or with similar Jackson guitars? I've also never owned a guitar with the Floyd Rose system.

Thanks Pals!

i have no experience, but i'm jealous. i've been wanting a jackson for some reason. hope you have tons of fun with it!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #292 on: December 26, 2022, 03:58:35 PM »
sorry for double post, but i might need some input.

trying to figure out if i should sell my mim vintera jaguar and get a mustang 90 as a replacement. i kind of don't play the jaguar that much cause the old school radius makes it kind of janky and uncomfortable. i've been trying to play other instruments lately and while it's a beautiful guitar, i feel like it's not a good fit. i looked up what it's been selling for on reverb and saw i could get a brand new mustang p90 and even have a couple hundred left for other new gear. it has a modern radius like the guitars i played before. alternatively i'm interested in the new epiphone wilshire reissue. that one is even cheaper.

rn i just have the jaguar at my home and a pretty beat up epiphone sg at my parents for when i visit. so if i'd sell it i'd be without a guitar over here.

i definitely want a secondary guitar even if i keep the jaguar. preferrably something light and simple. i also thought about just getting a squire strat. the purpose for this guitar would be rehearsals and general heavy use. fuck, i want that jackson now, too. they are pretty cheap over here. just looking for a fun shredstick. maybe keep the jag because i will surely miss it once i sold it? i am that type of person.

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #293 on: December 26, 2022, 06:28:32 PM »
I don’t really play heavy stuff much these days so thinking about getting another guitar. Tellies and things of that nature have been looking good, however I have huge hands. With that said what would you recommend?

thanksgiving

« Reply #294 on: December 27, 2022, 10:57:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’m trying (and succeeding) at simple learning and playing the *very nice* guitar which I already have, but this past week with Christmas, work was slow and I found myself going down the Reverb MIJ guitar rabbit hole.

But I haven’t bought any guitar shit except for some picks, a stand, and a set of strings to keep on hand.
when it comes to 60s japanese guitars, do not buy off reverb. prices are inflated, and you want to try these in person before you buy. search terms “old guitar” “japanese guitar” and “vintage guitar” are your best bet on facebook marketplace and craigslist. can get a real good deal if you are willing to be patient. if you are ever in seattle emerald city and mike and mikes has a phenomenal selection, although all double or triple the price you should be paying for a shitty japanese guitar (at least the cool 60s ones, if you want a 70s copy of an american guitar then i wouldn’t pay more than $450 for one)

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #295 on: December 27, 2022, 01:35:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
when it comes to 60s japanese guitars, do not buy off reverb. prices are inflated, and you want to try these in person before you buy. search terms “old guitar” “japanese guitar” and “vintage guitar” are your best bet on facebook marketplace and craigslist. can get a real good deal if you are willing to be patient. if you are ever in seattle emerald city and mike and mikes has a phenomenal selection, although all double or triple the price you should be paying for a shitty japanese guitar (at least the cool 60s ones, if you want a 70s copy of an american guitar then i wouldn’t pay more than $450 for one)

Don’t worry, I have no intention of buying some freakish old Teisco which is inexplicably worth $750 - that was my first guitar as a kid. I’m actually speaking more about vintage Japanese acoustic Yamahas or Alvarez, something along those lines. I’m nowhere near close to even considering buying anything, just looking through Reverb because there’s so goddamn much to see.

#alexander#

• Rep: 10
« Reply #296 on: December 27, 2022, 08:37:10 PM »
I don’t really play heavy stuff much these days so thinking about getting another guitar. Tellies and things of that nature have been looking good, however I have huge hands. With that said what would you recommend?

I dunno your budget but some teles and strats have 43mm nuts, typically American models though. The slightly wider nut is noticeable. If you did a parts guitar you could get a wider neck pretty easy.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #297 on: December 30, 2022, 09:12:20 AM »
https://imgur.com/gallery/VRb0q70

came in the mail yesterday. it's been playing great right out of the box. this was the first guitar I've owned that I didn't play before hand, and I've always been skeptical about ordering before actually feeling the guitar, but I was impressed with the setup on it. I figured I'd have to take it to get setup right away, but I can definitely get used to the medium set action.

The neck is slender and slides great against the jumbo frets. The natural wood finish looks classy on this style of guitar and there's a bit of a red hue in the bevels on the face or the guitar.

I'm definitely going to swap the pickups eventually, but essentially this guitar was good to go out of the box. The locking nut needed to be adjusted and I'm still learning the trem system, but I'm loving this guitar!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #298 on: December 30, 2022, 03:18:04 PM »
https://imgur.com/gallery/VRb0q70

came in the mail yesterday. it's been playing great right out of the box. this was the first guitar I've owned that I didn't play before hand, and I've always been skeptical about ordering before actually feeling the guitar, but I was impressed with the setup on it. I figured I'd have to take it to get setup right away, but I can definitely get used to the medium set action.

The neck is slender and slides great against the jumbo frets. The natural wood finish looks classy on this style of guitar and there's a bit of a red hue in the bevels on the face or the guitar.

I'm definitely going to swap the pickups eventually, but essentially this guitar was good to go out of the box. The locking nut needed to be adjusted and I'm still learning the trem system, but I'm loving this guitar!

fucking sick, you really made me want the js42 hardtail version of the dinky. i'm kind of in love with this guitar. i don't even play music that's typically played with jacksons(no metal at all), but definitely looking to get one down the line. just more interesting than your typical (super) strat and everyone says they are fun and easy to play.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #299 on: January 07, 2023, 05:45:57 AM »
slight rant incoming

so i got this plan for getting a bass guitar and also a secondary. for a bass i might look for a used yamaha bb, for the guitar i'm not sure. i don't like buying cheapo instruments because i'd like them to at least hold their value if i should sell them. so i've been mainly looking at the used market and at deals or close outs just to get an idea how prices are moving.

definitely want some sort of superstrat. but doesn't need to be a fender model. i've been enarmored with some more metal like shredding guitars for a while, like jackson, charvel, shecter(the sun valley super shredder z with ziricote top is just fucking beautiful to look at). i've been also looking at ibanez blazers at used market sites for a while, that guitar rules. another long time fav of mine for a humbucker model is the yamaha revstar. maybe someone on here has had some experience with any of those brands or guitars?

still not sure if i might sell my jaguar, but i'm pretty sure i'd regret selling it down the line. so i think the best gameplan would be to save up a couple hundred for a bass first. keep the jag as my main. save up again, find a blazer or revstar for around 5-600 hopefully. my main thought of buying a guitar whose price will probably stay stable is to possibly trade up at one point if i want an instrument that's maybe more expensive but serves the same purpose. i really don't need several guitars of the same type. i got the jag now, but i'd like to have a humbucker guitar that's less gnaddly and can sound more thick and meaty, but still sounds good when played cleanish and also a has hardtail. just a minimalist beast basically.

i have to post a pic of the beautiful shecter model, which is way too expensive for me to realistically afford if i don't sell most of my shit lol. but there's some ibanez blazers out from the early 80s that look very similar to this and can be had for around 500 if you're lucky. i remember they used to be way cheaper before covid, wish i bought the one i saw for 250 on reverb back then.

this is the shecter sun valley shredder z

here's a similar ibanez blazer on the right

lovely guitars imo.