Author Topic: Zion of Nike  (Read 36766 times)

schralp pal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
Re: Zion of Nike
« Reply #180 on: March 10, 2021, 01:16:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
just seems like Busenitz was right not wanting Zion on the team
[close]
where is this info from?
[close]

I vaguely remember reading that.

I mean c'mon ... Would you blame him. Little brostyle twerp doesn't fit the vibe at all..

It was from an interview, and I believe even Jim or maybe Tommy acknowledged it in other interviews or podcasts. I don't think they ever name names, but who else could it be.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2021, 05:36:45 PM »
I could see him on Krooiuma

I had a feeling it was you taking time to kook me every day... and I'm in your signature... woulda pm'd BUT others should see just how desperate you are lol

Shalom!
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

conqueso

« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2021, 05:38:04 PM »
so why he get the boot?

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2021, 06:00:10 PM »
he didnt feel like waiting until june to re-sign and probably take a paycut like the rest of the team.

id stay on that shit just for early access on all the stupid hype shit. rich kids will spend racks to have shit a few hours before they hit shelves

free max b
FREE MAX B

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #184 on: April 04, 2021, 02:27:52 AM »
he was wearing Vans at the Babylon opening

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #185 on: April 05, 2021, 03:37:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
just seems like Busenitz was right not wanting Zion on the team
[close]
where is this info from?
[close]

I vaguely remember reading that.

I mean c'mon ... Would you blame him. Little brostyle twerp doesn't fit the vibe at all..
[close]
on real??? that's kind of the team's entire vibe. busenitz is the outlier at this point
[close]

Ya think?

I'm not saying your wrong but I mean they have Tanner, dennis, Lintell, manchina and Ishod to balance out the gimps.

I be delighted if they axed Zion and Kyle

i've said this before on here but real's team has less of a direction than santa cruz and it's embarrassing for the brand's legacy
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #186 on: April 05, 2021, 04:30:09 AM »

Wait.. In the second to last paragraph Reese says his board brand Stacks will feature Sebo and Cameo is that a typo and it was meant for Quiksilver? Sebo of Krooked?

Sebo of Krooked in 2010

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #187 on: April 05, 2021, 04:45:54 AM »
Expand Quote
I’ve been wondering this for a while and I have to know
Why do you all have that one Bruce Willis picture
It does my head in
[close]
Because Die Hard is the greatest Christmas movie of all time
Here is a person of culture.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 113
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2021, 11:34:26 PM »
Spotted in Vans again
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #189 on: May 18, 2021, 03:45:16 AM »
Could see him on Vans

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #190 on: May 18, 2021, 04:56:16 AM »
Dont give a shit what sponsor he’s got as long as we get more footage. He’s good and seems like a fun guy

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #191 on: May 21, 2021, 04:58:22 AM »
Spotted in Vans again
I get that they are free but it's weird to me when people are on a brand and chose to only wear cups (when the company the ride for also make vulcanized shoes) and then they get the boot and start wearing vulcanized vans (like Herman for example.)

Switching from cups to vulcs or vice versa feels as weird as switching deck sizes or getting used to new bushings. At least to me. I mean one shoe feels broken for a day and then floppy but with amazing board feel, and one feels stiff for a week, then slowly starts to feel better but has average board feel. Then again Ishod has skated in bruins a lot (and even had a pro color) and also had a dunk made just for him along with his pro shoe being a cup so who knows. Maybe switching between vulcs and cups feels weirder to me than other people.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #192 on: May 21, 2021, 05:08:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Spotted in Vans again
[close]
I get that they are free but it's weird to me when people are on a brand and chose to only wear cups (when the company the ride for also make vulcanized shoes) and then they get the boot and start wearing vulcanized vans (like Herman for example.)

Switching from cups to vulcs or vice versa feels as weird as switching deck sizes or getting used to new bushings. At least to me. I mean one shoe feels broken for a day and then floppy but with amazing board feel, and one feels stiff for a week, then slowly starts to feel better but has average board feel. Then again Ishod has skated in bruins a lot (and even had a pro color) and also had a dunk made just for him along with his pro shoe being a cup so who knows. Maybe switching between vulcs and cups feels weirder to me than other people.

Maybe other people don't think about it as much as you.

Especially skilled people that don't need to obsess about every little factor. They just skate.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

sweet son of a bitch

• Rep: 62
« Reply #193 on: May 21, 2021, 05:24:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Spotted in Vans again
[close]

[close]

Maybe other people don't think about it as much as you.

Especially skilled people that don't need to obsess about every little factor. They just skate.
You nailed it . Only the  angry neurotics here obsess an insane amount over shit pros prob care less about . Then again this board would be nothing with out the obsession & complaining .

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 603
« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2021, 05:27:27 AM »
I’m so fucking stupid. I was over here like “Didn’t eS scoop him up? No? That was just an obvious photoshop I didn’t look at closely enough?”
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2021, 07:27:00 AM »
Could see him on Vans

If Austyn didn't get on, my opinion is Zion isn't getting on. I don't get the feeling Vans cares much about Olympic presence either.

Agree to disagree Mr Boombastic

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #196 on: May 21, 2021, 08:31:52 AM »
makin room for chet childress

hahahahahaha holy fuck im screaming
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

drewdc

• Rep: -85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #197 on: May 21, 2021, 09:01:50 AM »
Hes taking acting classes

manysnakes

« Reply #198 on: May 21, 2021, 09:14:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Spotted in Vans again
[close]

Ever just lend someone your deck and they’re like “the trucks are so tight/loose lol” and then they proceed to like nollie heelflip crooked grind first try? I think the shoe thing is probably a bit like that, when you’re just a preternaturally talented skater.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #199 on: May 23, 2021, 04:41:31 PM »

Weiger & Willis Kimbel are off are as well.

Willis Kimbel is off??? thats pretty shity of them.

Anyway Zion obviously going to be on Vans and Nike is probably hurting over their choice to kick him off when he's secured a spot in the Olympics with that sick ass last run. Dudes a good guy and has his head straight. What's not to like? He dresses like a jock you say? Oh well, thats getting kinda normal with all these big corporate sponsors..

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #200 on: May 23, 2021, 04:48:07 PM »

Wait actually this just pure BS Willis is def still on Nike. Just look at his page.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #201 on: May 23, 2021, 04:51:24 PM »

Anyway Zion obviously going to be on Vans and Nike is probably hurting over their choice to kick him off when he's secured a spot in the Olympics with that sick ass last run. Dudes a good guy and has his head straight. What's not to like? He dresses like a jock you say? Oh well, thats getting kinda normal with all these big corporate sponsors..

Maybe he can join Robert Neal on StockX, since he’s of Nike too right?
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #202 on: May 23, 2021, 05:28:35 PM »
3 frontisde 5-0s in that line. Whatever && did had to be more jazzy.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #203 on: May 23, 2021, 07:04:47 PM »
I was told this story that Zion wanted to beat up this dude I know back home. They all went on a night out to this club in Portugal during a redbull trip, and the dude was being really annoying, always taking selfies next to them and recording videos for IG to get some clout. Zion supposedly was getting mad heated and wanted to punch him but was held back. Dude then did a quick escape and left Zion and his crew on their own with a massive bill at the bar (they were paying shots and drinks to everyone). They thought Redbull would cover the bill but it didn’t so they had to pay from their pocket! They tried to find him the day after, calling his friends and shit cause they were mad but the dude ghosted them. Same dude also disappeared for a while after scamming half his local skate scene on a pyramid scheme. I do respect him a bit for scamming Zion and his jock crew... lessss gooo ;D ;D

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

assvogel

• Rep: 210
« Reply #204 on: May 24, 2021, 12:11:37 AM »
"Nike slept so I went bye-bye"

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
« Reply #205 on: May 24, 2021, 02:57:15 AM »
On Asics or some crazy shit outta left field?

Would back this. Maybe sketchers

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #206 on: May 24, 2021, 04:35:38 AM »
"Nike slept so I went bye-bye"

Lol not sure how much I believe that
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

TheAmericanAntique

• Rep: 11
« Reply #207 on: May 24, 2021, 05:26:24 AM »
Zion should be on Vans. The pros out way the cons on both parties. Vans could and should continue growing their team with African American riders. Zion also could be part of the faces along with J Henry and others to show younger kids that skating is a great way to stay focused and out of trouble. Vans and Nike have a big mall and general store presents but Vans marketing generally goes the more visual route.  Having a Tony Hawk connection could help grow his career but checking out all the new parks Vans and Tony make with their nonprofit deal. Lastly, someone said if Austyn can’t get on Zion can’t but I call BS and as an Austyn fan, Zion is in the new / younger crowd, look at that run from dew tour! That man is a ATV and in the streets he is doing way gnarlier shit then Austyn. Zion could be up their with Ishod in terms of respect but being at vans will make it so he can have his own light and not be in the shadows of other great pros at Nike.

hotstudios_on_youtube

• Rep: -64
  • ???
« Reply #208 on: May 24, 2021, 07:45:36 AM »
I back a Zion signature  shoe or color way right off the bat, if they are even in the picture, vans  would probably want to keep it cool/ authentic and make it seem they re not lynching onto olympics marketing show show tho

Zion should probably go with Ellington and Li Ning tho, he's a fresh face that could launch a fresh brand

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #209 on: May 24, 2021, 08:30:59 AM »
whys he wearing a shirt with his name on it? looks like a knock off jordan logo