Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798710 times)

Atiba Applebum, beecee and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

rothdigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 584
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #5040 on: January 03, 2023, 08:58:24 AM »

Again, I don't think it affects performance. Just curious if this happened to anybody else.  Haven't skated for that long and on weartested is doesn't look it happened

Moon- shoot me a DM if that heel issue is jacking you up and I'll sort you out.  No unhappy customers on my watch yo!

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #5041 on: January 03, 2023, 09:54:36 AM »
Expand Quote

Again, I don't think it affects performance. Just curious if this happened to anybody else.  Haven't skated for that long and on weartested is doesn't look it happened
[close]

Moon- shoot me a DM if that heel issue is jacking you up and I'll sort you out.  No unhappy customers on my watch yo!

@rothdigga it's so dope you're on here, super responsive, and helpful. Thank you.

Definitely got me as a customer for life.

Granted, I'm in Japan, but FWIW, I've had nothing but positive experiences with NB in Japan as well.

***Edit: Would you be able to work your magic to get the same Grey Days released here this year? Hahaha.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

rothdigga

« Reply #5042 on: January 03, 2023, 11:59:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

@rothdigga it's so dope you're on here, super responsive, and helpful. Thank you.

Granted, I'm in Japan, but FWIW, I've had nothing but positive experiences with NB in Japan as well.

***Edit: Would you be able to work your magic to get the same Grey Days released here this year? Hahaha.
Japan is tough, I work with them regularly but they don't get the same specials as we do here.  They tend to order a much more narrow range of products and it's hard to get the off-timeline stuff like we have here in the States.  But I'm trying!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5043 on: January 03, 2023, 12:17:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

As usual you da MVP
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Mongo Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #5044 on: January 03, 2023, 05:21:10 PM »
Anyone have any insight on where it would be possible to find the 1st colorway? Titus doesn’t seem to ship to the US.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #5045 on: January 03, 2023, 08:37:45 PM »
Anyone have any insight on where it would be possible to find the 1st colorway? Titus doesn’t seem to ship to the US.

I second this if anyone has any info if NB is re-releasing the OG 1st colorway again? Right now im skating the white leather/green colorway with the mesh toe. That combo of leather and mesh fit my busted up feet/ankles perfect!

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #5046 on: January 04, 2023, 12:06:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

@rothdigga hahaha, no worries! I'll just try to order a pair and get them sent to a friend back home or I'll try to time a trip back home to coincide with the drop!

[close]
Japan is tough, I work with them regularly but they don't get the same specials as we do here.  They tend to order a much more narrow range of products and it's hard to get the off-timeline stuff like we have here in the States.  But I'm trying!
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #5047 on: January 04, 2023, 12:32:34 AM »
Can someone might point me in the right direction sizing wise, for the 272?

I tried 508 and 306 in a US 7 and 7.5 both had too much room in the toes for me. The 440 in a US 7.5 fit good.
IG: @flowterspace

rothdigga

« Reply #5048 on: January 04, 2023, 08:53:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I second this if anyone has any info if NB is re-releasing the OG 1st colorway again? Right now im skating the white leather/green colorway with the mesh toe. That combo of leather and mesh fit my busted up feet/ankles perfect!
Which shoe are we talking about here?  The OG first 1010? 

MetalAnkleMan

« Reply #5049 on: January 04, 2023, 10:57:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Titus advertised on insta they got a restock of them, I was hoping this was indication US will get a restock as well? (fingers cross)
https://www.titus-shop.com/en/new-balance-numeric-mens-shoes-1010-v1-white-blue-yellow-0605183/

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5050 on: January 04, 2023, 11:30:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yup! I’m looking (fingers crossed) for the OG 1st 1010.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #5051 on: January 04, 2023, 02:23:39 PM »
Can someone might point me in the right direction sizing wise, for the 272?

I tried 508 and 306 in a US 7 and 7.5 both had too much room in the toes for me. The 440 in a US 7.5 fit good.

+1 with rhis question, i read the first release review on weartested that they ran a bit longer than usual numeric vulc sizing (255, 306 etc).

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5052 on: January 04, 2023, 04:21:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yup! I’m looking (fingers crossed) for the OG 1st 1010.

If you are talking about the black ones with a clear blue-ish sole similar to the forthcoming 808 colorway check Depop, Grailed, etc. I found a dude selling a pair brand new and copped em.

rothdigga

« Reply #5053 on: January 04, 2023, 04:43:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Titus advertised on insta they got a restock of them, I was hoping this was indication US will get a restock as well? (fingers cross)
https://www.titus-shop.com/en/new-balance-numeric-mens-shoes-1010-v1-white-blue-yellow-0605183/
Ahhhh right.  I forgot that Europe did a re-stock of that shoe since they basically missed the boat the first time around.  I do NOT have those coming back for the US but you never know, we may throw them back in at some point like we did the NM1010TR (Beef/broccoli).  As of now, I don't have them in the plan though, sorry!

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #5054 on: January 04, 2023, 05:42:26 PM »

Im sure you could approach NB as a warranty thing

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -494
« Reply #5055 on: January 04, 2023, 07:54:35 PM »
How are 1010s just as a daily shoe? Got a trip coming up with a lot of walking and figured I’d just cop a pair of new balances to pull double duty.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

MetalAnkleMan

« Reply #5056 on: January 04, 2023, 08:21:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Ahhhh right.  I forgot that Europe did a re-stock of that shoe since they basically missed the boat the first time around.  I do NOT have those coming back for the US but you never know, we may throw them back in at some point like we did the NM1010TR (Beef/broccoli).  As of now, I don't have them in the plan though, sorry!

Dam was really wishing for this, any update of what the next 1010 colorway will be?

MetalAnkleMan

« Reply #5057 on: January 04, 2023, 08:24:29 PM »
How are 1010s just as a daily shoe? Got a trip coming up with a lot of walking and figured I’d just cop a pair of new balances to pull double duty.

I promise you the 1010 will be a perfect daily shoe/skate shoe. I spent 2 years of absolute shoe/insole madness in order for me to comfortably skate again (shattered my ankle/surgery) and am beyond happy with the 1010. Honestly its to the point were I dont know what I would do if they stop making them lol this fear keeps me having 4 pairs on ice at all times haha

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #5058 on: January 04, 2023, 08:44:46 PM »
Just joined the NB# 1010 family and snagged a pair of cream white / blue on Parade World.  Said I’d wait but just couldn’t anymore.  Stoked as heck.

minilogoflow

• Rep: 84
« Reply #5059 on: January 05, 2023, 03:25:21 PM »
I saw a pair of 440's in my size for a good price but I've never had any NB# before and had a question about fit. I've got narrow feet and high arches and wear a 13 in Vans, would I be good to go true to size?

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 315
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #5060 on: January 05, 2023, 04:21:08 PM »
I saw a pair of 440's in my size for a good price but I've never had any NB# before and had a question about fit. I've got narrow feet and high arches and wear a 13 in Vans, would I be good to go true to size?

you should be good with tts

cool_hand

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5061 on: January 05, 2023, 04:30:55 PM »

It has been my daily work and walking shoe for over two years now. This is really a big advantage compared to other skate shoes. As long as they fit your foot, you will be good.

But there is absolutely no grip on snow or ice.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5062 on: January 05, 2023, 11:19:07 PM »
I said this many times: I'm in love with the 808 but they "fucked me up" in the sense that I try any other shoe and I don't like them.
Weeks ago I got Knox 440 highs which I wanted really bad, thing is that I got them 0.5 bigger since they didn't had my size.
Tried them days ago for the first time and they felt like vulc shoes, I put Reynolds G6 insole which is a thin one and now they felt way better.
So the whole thing here is to get 0.5 bigger 440 and add a thin insole and they're good to go.
Wish NB# would make a decent insole for them tho.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Harm Rochel

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5063 on: January 06, 2023, 03:39:56 AM »
How is the heellock on the 808s? I tried the 1010s and would have liked them if my heel wasn't sleeping out when walking.
Is the 808 any better for narrow heels?

BTW NB Germany has 1010s and 808s on Sale for 70 €.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 03:56:10 AM by Harm Rochel »

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -768
« Reply #5064 on: January 06, 2023, 04:42:05 AM »
Love the feel of the 808s. Skating them and dragons I can literally skate longer. So much easier on my knees.

I wish the flick was better though. I'm coming from the Puigs. the flick on them is unreal
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #5065 on: January 06, 2023, 07:03:13 AM »
How is the heellock on the 808s? I tried the 1010s and would have liked them if my heel wasn't sleeping out when walking.

I didn't like the 1010's because I had poor heel lock. Tried on the 808's and they felt about the same to me. To be fair, I tried them on in my regular size and they were too small, but the shop didn't have the next size up - I can't say whether or not they would fit me better in the correct size. I kind of wish both of those shoes were a little higher in the collar.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #5066 on: January 06, 2023, 08:05:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I didn't like the 1010's because I had poor heel lock. Tried on the 808's and they felt about the same to me. To be fair, I tried them on in my regular size and they were too small, but the shop didn't have the next size up - I can't say whether or not they would fit me better in the correct size. I kind of wish both of those shoes were a little higher in the collar.

i am usually a size US7.5, had 1010 and had heel slip pretty badly and the toe area would bag out a lil bit so i coulda sized down on them, might have solved the problem with heel slip. the ones with mesh toe

now i ordered the 808 in my usual size US 7.5 and had no heel slip....turned out it was beacause the shoes just were too small so i am sending them back and wait on the US8 sized ones now. since the 808 runs a lil smaller in lenght  (at least i feel like it does) i think hee slip might not be that bing of a problem....will report back though!

i feel like the 808 in comparison to the 1010 in the same size fits different overall, so heel sits different

Willy Wonker

• Rep: -2
    • Feelin Friendly avatar image
« Reply #5067 on: January 06, 2023, 11:49:50 AM »
Anyone know if they may do a 1010 mid? Tried the low but bad ankles/heel slippage keeps me from skating in them. Would love to skate in a mid form tho

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5068 on: January 06, 2023, 12:32:09 PM »
I said this many times: I'm in love with the 808 but they "fucked me up" in the sense that I try any other shoe and I don't like them.
Weeks ago I got Knox 440 highs which I wanted really bad, thing is that I got them 0.5 bigger since they didn't had my size.
Tried them days ago for the first time and they felt like vulc shoes, I put Reynolds G6 insole which is a thin one and now they felt way better.
So the whole thing here is to get 0.5 bigger 440 and add a thin insole and they're good to go.
Wish NB# would make a decent insole for them tho.

I'm a broken record on this, but NB sells rebranded Superfeet insoles. I use the Run Comfort in mine since they're $10 less from Superfeet. Friends run the Adapt Run as well.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5069 on: January 06, 2023, 09:44:16 PM »

Atlas just got these and I’m sure other shops will soon. [I feel like I’ve seen these before or some other shoe in a similar colorway, but didn’t see this posted in the last five pages.]