Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 220980 times)

Frank and Fred

Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #810 on: May 23, 2021, 02:08:08 PM »

New Uma 9" Football. 14.38" WB.... so they say...

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #811 on: May 24, 2021, 06:28:10 AM »

This looks pretty perfect.

white guy in a durag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #812 on: May 24, 2021, 07:06:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Lovely set ups

Quasi really dropped the ball not giving us a pool skater face tee.
[close]
Did they tho?
https://quasiskateboards.com/collections/frontpage/products/copy-of-heads-black
Unavailable and lacks the "Pool Skater Face" text

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #813 on: May 25, 2021, 02:42:59 AM »

I've ordered one of these and also the Dead Dave's Mutant Egg shape from Heroin.

Is the twin-egg out already? I wanted to order that too but I wasn't sure about the feel.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
« Reply #814 on: May 25, 2021, 08:19:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've ordered one of these and also the Dead Dave's Mutant Egg shape from Heroin.

Is the twin-egg out already? I wanted to order that too but I wasn't sure about the feel.

yeah, been seeing the twin egg around online. i'm having a hard time not scooping one up to be honest

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #815 on: May 25, 2021, 08:38:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

yeah, been seeing the twin egg around online. i'm having a hard time not scooping one up to be honest

I'm not sure whether to try a popsicle twin before the double egg or just to go all in.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #816 on: May 25, 2021, 11:29:34 AM »
that board is attractive

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #817 on: May 25, 2021, 03:23:42 PM »
Repost from the setup thread for all my egg heads. Uma egg shape is very fun, been having a blast just skating flat with it.

Top shot:

Feels pretty wild with the classic 55s on, not quite as cramped as the Theories Special Delivery shape but it's definitely compact and responsive.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #818 on: May 25, 2021, 03:33:00 PM »
Repost from the setup thread for all my egg heads. Uma egg shape is very fun, been having a blast just skating flat with it.

Top shot:

Feels pretty wild with the classic 55s on, not quite as cramped as the Theories Special Delivery shape but it's definitely compact and responsive.

Hell yeah. Grabbing this from a local tomorrow. Not going to set it up yet but seeing these pics got me sparked.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #819 on: May 26, 2021, 06:15:51 AM »
That Toy Machine egg shape that Axel has been riding is officially out now:

8.88" x 31.5" no wb listed
https://www.paradeworld.com/products/toy-machine-axel-cruysberghs-sect-jar-deck-888-166-6560877576257/

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #820 on: May 26, 2021, 07:52:26 AM »
I was cruising the classified this morning and IUsedToSkateMore just posted that Toy Machine, he has it at 14.75”.

(How do you tag users?)

lukepat

• Rep: 7
« Reply #821 on: May 26, 2021, 08:11:43 AM »
That’s such a wild wheelbase. Axel Cruysberghs rides Thunders now (3.18 inch WB extension). Brings it to a nearly 18 inch wheelbase board/truck combo.

Skatebrain

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #822 on: May 29, 2021, 04:49:54 AM »
Skate warehouse has that axel wb @14.3.    I think the earlier version was 8.5 with the longer wheelbase.   He posted on his story that it’s based off heroin egg.   

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #823 on: May 29, 2021, 05:53:57 AM »
That Toy Machine egg shape that Axel has been riding is officially out now:

8.88" x 31.5" no wb listed
https://www.paradeworld.com/products/toy-machine-axel-cruysberghs-sect-jar-deck-888-166-6560877576257/
Interesting, too bad is a toy machine.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #824 on: May 31, 2021, 04:43:49 PM »
Skate warehouse has that axel wb @14.3.    I think the earlier version was 8.5 with the longer wheelbase.   He posted on his story that it’s based off heroin egg.

The old ones were PS and were 8.5 with a 14.75wb. I bought one without bothering to look at the wb and really, really wanted to like it but I just can't do those long wb decks.

The new ones are BBS so a different mold and dimensions I'm sure. Interestingly enough, the picture on skate warehouse made it look like the mold is really mellow, something I haven't seen from a BBS board since they stopped making low-pros.

I know I'm late on this deal but if you like the deedz shape or just smaller footeggball decks in general TGM has them on sale right now. $44 for one and $83 for 2, free shipping, and if you read this before the sale ends on monday you can get 10% off with the code mem10

https://tgmskateboards.com/enjoi-deck-deedz-shaped-skart-8-375-x-31-6-2-pack/

Frank and Fred

« Reply #825 on: May 31, 2021, 06:10:19 PM »
 Just ordered the Uma Egg I posted but this one is tempting also. Same dims but less of a pulled in tail.  Fixer Eggball. 9" with a 14.38" WB.

http://www.fixerskateboardcompany.com/shop/the-covid-collection-eggball-9

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #826 on: June 01, 2021, 06:42:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The old ones were PS and were 8.5 with a 14.75wb. I bought one without bothering to look at the wb and really, really wanted to like it but I just can't do those long wb decks.

The new ones are BBS so a different mold and dimensions I'm sure. Interestingly enough, the picture on skate warehouse made it look like the mold is really mellow, something I haven't seen from a BBS board since they stopped making low-pros.

I know I'm late on this deal but if you like the deedz shape or just smaller footeggball decks in general TGM has them on sale right now. $44 for one and $83 for 2, free shipping, and if you read this before the sale ends on monday you can get 10% off with the code mem10

https://tgmskateboards.com/enjoi-deck-deedz-shaped-skart-8-375-x-31-6-2-pack/

How wide is the Deedz over the trucks?

Frank and Fred

« Reply #827 on: June 01, 2021, 08:18:49 AM »
That's a good point. I personally prefer the term egg for a board shape.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #828 on: June 01, 2021, 09:04:11 AM »
The symmetrical egg is a football shape. A true egg is wider towards the rear bolts.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #829 on: June 01, 2021, 09:09:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Eggs from the new catalog
http://www.heroinskateboarding.com/stuff

The 9.0 twin tail looks so good
[close]

Can’t wait to try that football (symmetrical egg).

I feel like we should start making a distinction between footballs and eggs.
[close]

You really want to fill this thread with nerds getting all worked about if the widest part is close enough to the middle or not and fighting over that very relative distinction? Plus, is it actually even a football if it isn't symmetrical?

That is a can of worms best left unopened.

I still stand by @FrozenIndustries choice to let sleeping dogs lie.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

YungJugg

• Rep: 225
« Reply #830 on: June 01, 2021, 09:38:36 AM »
wasn’t really a fan of the space egg, but dammit I want that 7.9 joint. not sure if I wasn’t big on it because its an egg, or just because of its size.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 11:14:21 AM by YungJugg »

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #831 on: June 01, 2021, 10:40:17 AM »
I figured I could setup a fun shape as an occasional dicking around board, but I only have Ace 33s to spare and it looks like there are no footballs/eggs that are 8” at the trucks? Any one seen something like this recently?
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

sketchyrider

« Reply #832 on: June 01, 2021, 01:31:32 PM »
I figured I could setup a fun shape as an occasional dicking around board, but I only have Ace 33s to spare and it looks like there are no footballs/eggs that are 8” at the trucks? Any one seen something like this recently?

enjoi deedz shape maybe

https://www.enjoico.com/products/deedz-skart-r7-8-375-skateboard-deck

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #833 on: June 01, 2021, 09:30:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

enjoi deedz shape maybe

https://www.enjoico.com/products/deedz-skart-r7-8-375-skateboard-deck

Yeah, that might work and it’s even available locally
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Frank and Fred

« Reply #834 on: June 03, 2021, 09:23:47 PM »

Top shot:

Just got one of these in the mail and I have to admit, I am not sure which is supposed to be the nose and tail?? Is the tail really 7" and nose 6.5"?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #835 on: June 04, 2021, 05:42:18 AM »
Expand Quote

Top shot:

[close]

Just got one of these in the mail and I have to admit, I am not sure which is supposed to be the nose and tail?? Is the tail really 7" and nose 6.5"?

Just measured mine and the nose is 7.125" and the tail is 6.625", w/ a 14.25" WB and a 32" overall length (all of this is without pressing the tape). Did you get a weird one? What does the WB on yours measure?

Frank and Fred

« Reply #836 on: June 04, 2021, 06:17:59 AM »
14.38" wheelbase. Nose and tail are actually closer to your measurements... The stamp, graphics and sticker have alll thrown me off as to what's supposed to be tail/ nose... I think its intentional haha. I'm just assuming the tail is shorter and more pulled in like always. What also threw me off was I have been riding the Cardiel football/ egg and that is wider in the tail and narrower up front...

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #837 on: June 04, 2021, 06:21:35 AM »
14.38" wheelbase. Nose and tail are actually closer to your measurements... The stamp, graphics and sticker have alll thrown me off as to what's supposed to be tail/ nose... I think its intentional haha. I'm just assuming the tail is shorter and more pulled in like always. What also threw me off was I have been riding the Cardiel football/ egg and that is wider in the tail and narrower up front...

Oh, for sure. When I started skating the Grimple egg the fact that the taper is towards the back played tricks on my mind for the same reason.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
« Reply #838 on: June 04, 2021, 11:22:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh, for sure. When I started skating the Grimple egg the fact that the taper is towards the back played tricks on my mind for the same reason.

hey speaking of the grimple egg, i had read somehwere it's pretty close to (if not the same) board as the kelch twister deck? anyone have both or can help confirm? i get all sorts of different dimensions when i look up the kelch deck

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #839 on: June 04, 2021, 11:33:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

hey speaking of the grimple egg, i had read somehwere it's pretty close to (if not the same) board as the kelch twister deck? anyone have both or can help confirm? i get all sorts of different dimensions when i look up the kelch deck

Thy look very similar from the top pic, with the taper towards the back and the nose being a little more blunt than the tail.  That being said, never skated the Kelch.

Kelch Twister
Grimple Snips