Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 224995 times)

disclosed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 175
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #1200 on: October 31, 2021, 08:41:26 AM »

Blast football 9.5”
Over the trucks it’s pretty much bang on 9”
Wheelbase is 14.375”, not 14.5”, which they state.
Nose and tail are both 6.75” as stated. It’s not symmetrical though. The nose is 1.5° steeper.

Gonna pair it with either Ace 55 Classics or 66 AF1s. Wheels I dunno yet. Generally I’m not a fan of small wheels but we’ll see what goes nicely with this.  :)

such a beauty. hope they never stop making this, gotta get one someday.

Nittio

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1201 on: October 31, 2021, 12:08:46 PM »

This deck sure puts a smile on one’s face. Nice shape, the tail is a bit longer than my previous Primitive 9.125 or Heroin 8.9.

Blast 9.5
Ace Classics 55
Spitfire Classic F4 53mm 101
Cheapest Spitfire bearings, better than Reds IMO
Film rails
A bit too grippy Jessup Ultragrip

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #1202 on: October 31, 2021, 01:21:51 PM »
Cross post from the set up thread.

Black Label Reuter egg
Venture 6.1
Spitfire 54mm f4 lock-ins 99a
Bones big balls
Mob
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
« Reply #1203 on: October 31, 2021, 03:44:01 PM »
Cross post from the set up thread.

Black Label Reuter egg
Venture 6.1
Spitfire 54mm f4 lock-ins 99a
Bones big balls
Mob

So fucking sick

broke_since96

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1204 on: October 31, 2021, 05:12:15 PM »
This Halloween Creature Egg is pretty cool. Short wheel base though 14”

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1205 on: October 31, 2021, 05:27:36 PM »

Ha yeah that is a funny one, but short wheelbases are the new cool thing, so it seems they are going to be all the rage.

I wonder how many of the 300 will actually be bought by people who are going to skate them though, as that sort of release will be snapped up by those who like to keep their boards still in the wrap, more so than boards gripped and ripped.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1206 on: October 31, 2021, 06:51:34 PM »

sweeet..i dont like the graphic so this is definitelly gonna be skated if i'm able to get them..

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1207 on: November 01, 2021, 01:15:39 PM »
new egg-y shape from Quasi. Seems different from the previous "pool skater face" and Jake eggs (those were more proper football-ish i think).  This one seems to more in the cardiel huffer/CK Phawt camp

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1208 on: November 01, 2021, 01:20:42 PM »
Graphic kinda reminds me of that era a bit also. Thats cool

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1209 on: November 01, 2021, 01:38:53 PM »
Looks like Krooked have a couple of Eggs on the way. This 9.3 looks particularly nice.

https://www.cowtownskateboards.com/skateboarding/decks/shaped/krooked/eyes-shaped-deck-93-pid-62329

called about this shape and its 33" with a 15" wheelbase for anyone wondering
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1210 on: November 01, 2021, 05:31:05 PM »
Ah, that means it is the same 9.3 shape Krooked put out awhile ago....

broke_since96

« Reply #1211 on: November 03, 2021, 04:18:26 PM »
I just ordered one of these Heroin Double Shovel egg hybrids. Gonna give it a try and see if I like it.     
https://socalskateshop.com/Heroin-X-Dare-Double-Shovel-Shaped-Skateboard-Deck-9x325.html#!?cc_decks=120914&c=cc_grip-tape

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1212 on: November 03, 2021, 04:51:11 PM »
I just ordered one of these Heroin Double Shovel egg hybrids. Gonna give it a try and see if I like it.     
https://socalskateshop.com/Heroin-X-Dare-Double-Shovel-Shaped-Skateboard-Deck-9x325.html#!?cc_decks=120914&c=cc_grip-tape
Thanks for pointing out that they made another run. I hadn't see it in any catalogs yet. It's a really fun shape. Nose is a little steeper and maybe a tetch longer but still pretty twinny.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #1213 on: November 04, 2021, 03:56:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Thanks for pointing out that they made another run. I hadn't see it in any catalogs yet. It's a really fun shape. Nose is a little steeper and maybe a tetch longer but still pretty twinny.

Does socal skateshop just make up their own dimensions??
Or do they know something I dont??

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #1214 on: November 04, 2021, 06:08:48 AM »
That dare x heroin deck is fucking sick. Dare absolutely rips and I love that they’re also skate rats.

For the uninformed:

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #1215 on: November 04, 2021, 10:00:33 AM »
May not be everyone's cup of tea, but Corey Duffel is dropping a 8.6 football shape tomorrow with his company, Adored. I'm a huge Duffel and Smiths fan, so I might have to pick up one of these.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1216 on: November 04, 2021, 10:51:30 AM »
That dare x heroin deck is fucking sick. Dare absolutely rips and I love that they’re also skate rats.

For the uninformed:

I grew up in New Haven when Revelation was still there so even though I haven't really been a hardcore kid for decades, I still have hometown love for the label. I didn't know DARE until I saw the deck and gave them a bing but that's a pretty dope collab. I have a Dead Dave double shovel already, love the shape and am hyped to get another one for the hoard.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #1217 on: November 04, 2021, 06:40:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

The header is one thing, but then lower down it has different info, so who knows what to think.  Is is 32.5 or 31.6 long?

9x32.5 Heroin X Dare Double Shovel Shaped Deck

Deck Specs:
Width: 9"
Length: 31.6"
Wheelbase: 14.125"

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #1218 on: November 04, 2021, 07:02:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

The header is one thing, but then lower down it has different info, so who knows what to think.  Is is 32.5 or 31.6 long?

Deck Specs:

Exactly..   

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1219 on: November 04, 2021, 08:09:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Deck Specs:
[close]

Eggactly..

Listed as 9.0 x 31.6, 14.125 WB in the caption

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1220 on: November 05, 2021, 05:39:24 AM »
ordered these..was only going for the symmetrical since its the last one in the shop.then the shop owner asked me "did you get one of those limited Eggxorcist board that Heroin dropped on Halloween?"..of course no, they sold out within minutes, plus they don't even ship to where i am at. then he said "i could hook u up if u want one, coz once i post it online,they'll be gone with quickness "..Hell yes i say..and i got some socks too. same shop that i got the Curb Killer board last September..

the shop owner took this photo for me before packing it in for shipping.

disclosed

• Rep: 175
« Reply #1221 on: November 05, 2021, 05:50:59 AM »
ordered these..was only going for the symmetrical since its the last one in the shop.then the shop owner asked me "did you get one of those limited Eggxorcist board that Heroin dropped on Halloween?"..of course no, they sold out within minutes, plus they don't even ship to where i am at. then he said "i could hook u up if u want one, coz once i post it online,they'll be gone with quickness "..Hell yes i say..and i got some socks too. same shop that i got the Curb Killer board last September..

damn now thats some good service. i wouln't be able to turn down such an offer ether.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1222 on: November 05, 2021, 07:50:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

damn now thats some good service. i wouln't be able to turn down such an offer ether.

and they just posted a few Curbkiller boards available on insta..Laststandskates..keep a lookout on the Eggxorcist board, he will put it up on insta as well..

broke_since96

« Reply #1223 on: November 05, 2021, 07:55:22 AM »
I actually made it in time to order one but the shipping seemed expensive $27

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1224 on: November 05, 2021, 07:59:23 AM »
damn wanted to grab one of those curb killers but shipping rate is absurd

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1225 on: November 05, 2021, 08:12:14 AM »
I actually made it in time to order one but the shipping seemed expensive $27

hoping 1 of those Curbkiller would still be available sumwer nxt month in time for Christmas..

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #1226 on: November 05, 2021, 09:19:23 AM »
May not be everyone's cup of tea, but Corey Duffel is dropping a 8.6 football shape tomorrow with his company, Adored. I'm a huge Duffel and Smiths fan, so I might have to pick up one of these.

These are out now if anyone's interested: https://adoredskateboarding.com/collections/frontpage/products/william-football-shape

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1227 on: November 05, 2021, 10:35:03 AM »

Looks like the new Cardiel Huffer is hitting the shops. Dennis McNett art? Winning combo. Hoping one of the locals gets it soon.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #1228 on: November 05, 2021, 02:50:00 PM »
After giving up on finding a Curb Killer I bought two of the 9.75" Symmetrical Eggs from a link someone posted here. I haven't even skated it but am already in love. Found a good deal on a set of 169 Tis and couldn't resist getting them for this board.

Heroin 9.75" Symmetrical Egg
Independent 169 Titanium with Riptide Krank 93A bushings and WFB pivot cups
Spitfire F4 Classics 99A 52mm down to around 50mm
Bronson G3 (had them on my bowl setup for a year and they are still going strong)
Independent hardware

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1229 on: November 05, 2021, 05:01:57 PM »
After giving up on finding a Curb Killer I bought two of the 9.75" Symmetrical Eggs from a link someone posted here. I haven't even skated it but am already in love. Found a good deal on a set of 169 Tis and couldn't resist getting them for this board.

Heroin 9.75" Symmetrical Egg
Independent 169 Titanium with Riptide Krank 93A bushings and WFB pivot cups
Spitfire F4 Classics 99A 52mm down to around 50mm
Bronson G3 (had them on my bowl setup for a year and they are still going strong)
Independent hardware

sweet setup..