Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 220796 times)

Landmine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 184
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #1860 on: July 22, 2022, 08:42:06 AM »
BA KU decks from Skull lookin kinda rad.  10"x32.5" with 14.5" WB

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1861 on: July 22, 2022, 08:34:46 PM »
FYI Pepper grip is 9.25 instead of 9 like most brands and thus very egg friendly.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #1862 on: July 23, 2022, 12:04:08 AM »
Crosspost from the set up thread

Anti Hero Grimple Egg 9.12” x 32.0” 14.5” WB
Film 155
Spitfire f4 97a 54mm conical fulls
Bones big balls
Jessup
7/8” Allen hardware
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1863 on: July 23, 2022, 12:56:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
possible new egg. haven't been able to track down specs on this raybourn deck other than it's 8.25, but it's looking kinda eggy/bally and the art is rad. i forget who's doing metal's new boards, so maybe it's similar to another shape already out there?

[close]

The stockist list is decent, second pic on this post, through Sectdealer.com which is AWS and Habitat.  I wonder if they are BBS as well, but just guessing right now.

[close]

alright alright, tactics has some specs up on the raybourn egg. could be a copy paste job, but lets give them the benefit of the doubt

SIZE   8.25
WIDTH (IN):   8.25
LENGTH (IN):   31.625
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.25
NOSE (IN):   6.875
TAIL (IN):   6.625

I was hoping for some pics so I could see the tops, but they only have the listings there.

https://www.tactics.com/metal-skateboards/ben-raybourn-chainsaw-825-egg-shape-skateboard-deck/green

https://www.tactics.com/search/metal+deck

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1864 on: July 23, 2022, 07:53:44 AM »
Crosspost from the set up thread

Expand Quote

Anti Hero Grimple Egg 9.12” x 32.0” 14.5” WB
Film 155
Spitfire f4 97a 54mm conical fulls
Bones big balls
Jessup
7/8” Allen hardware
[close]

Fuckin beautiful set up

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
« Reply #1865 on: July 23, 2022, 02:18:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
possible new egg. haven't been able to track down specs on this raybourn deck other than it's 8.25, but it's looking kinda eggy/bally and the art is rad. i forget who's doing metal's new boards, so maybe it's similar to another shape already out there?

[close]

The stockist list is decent, second pic on this post, through Sectdealer.com which is AWS and Habitat.  I wonder if they are BBS as well, but just guessing right now.

[close]

alright alright, tactics has some specs up on the raybourn egg. could be a copy paste job, but lets give them the benefit of the doubt

SIZE   8.25
[close]

I was hoping for some pics so I could see the tops, but they only have the listings there.

https://www.tactics.com/metal-skateboards/ben-raybourn-chainsaw-825-egg-shape-skateboard-deck/green

so i nabbed a metal egg, shoutout to @LebowskisRug for the legwork on this
Shop that measured them for me said they are Habitat shapes. The 8.25 and 8.5 have just under 14.25 WB
does come with a little habitat bloom logo on the size sticker. sticker doesn't mention wb or overall length, just width.
measurements tactics has listed are about right, though i haven't checked nose/tail because i had to run out the door and now i'm just being lazy.
as for pictures, i can't get as good of lighting or angles that tactics does with their shots, but is there anything specific you/anyone would like a pic of?

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1866 on: July 23, 2022, 05:34:49 PM »

Gonna keep it going with the Heroin eggs for my next couple boards.  The slick Anatomy of an Egg definitely seems to have steeper concave than the Eggscape from New York (which doesn’t have the BBS sticker for some reason…). 

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #1867 on: July 24, 2022, 07:01:17 AM »

Gonna keep it going with the Heroin eggs for my next couple boards.  The slick Anatomy of an Egg definitely seems to have steeper concave than the Eggscape from New York (which doesn’t have the BBS sticker for some reason…).

nice..the pink Anatomy of An Egg looks good..

disclosed

• Rep: 168
« Reply #1868 on: July 24, 2022, 09:44:27 AM »

really contemplating if i should buy the Eggscape. love the graphic and would like to try a skinnier board  again.
i ride 169's and i really dont wanna hotrod. not even the slightest. it messed with my mind when i just see my wheels..

big_kev_215

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1869 on: July 24, 2022, 11:12:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

really contemplating if i should buy the Eggscape. love the graphic and would like to try a skinnier board  again.
i ride 169's and i really dont wanna hotrod. not even the slightest. it messed with my mind when i just see my wheels..

Yeah I feel like the Eggscape is pretty much made for 169s or Ace classics 55s if I remember the over-the-bolts dimensions correctly from IG.  I’m riding 159s now so I’m just gonna throw them on there.  I never go magic carpet with my setups so it will be a whole new experience. 

disclosed

« Reply #1870 on: July 24, 2022, 12:19:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah I feel like the Eggscape is pretty much made for 169s or Ace classics 55s if I remember the over-the-bolts dimensions correctly from IG.  I’m riding 159s now so I’m just gonna throw them on there.  I never go magic carpet with my setups so it will be a whole new experience.

on IG it said 9" over the bolts. but it still tapers more towards the nose so who knows what it is where my wheels sit. if it said like 9.25 ish i would feel safe. i like my magic carpets.

i measured it and the board that drove me insane with the wheels was also 9" over the bolts. but a snub nose so it tapered more i guess.
i also realize i am stressing over a fiew milimeters like an idiot..

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1871 on: July 24, 2022, 06:20:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

SIZE   8.25
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Shop that measured them for me said they are Habitat shapes. The 8.25 and 8.5 have just under 14.25 WB
[close]
does come with a little habitat bloom logo on the size sticker. sticker doesn't mention wb or overall length, just width.
measurements tactics has listed are about right, though i haven't checked nose/tail because i had to run out the door and now i'm just being lazy.
as for pictures, i can't get as good of lighting or angles that tactics does with their shots, but is there anything specific you/anyone would like a pic of?

I hadn't seen the Metal Skateboards thread (but I have now) so besides the question of woodshop (BBS) I think everything is covered.

Thanks for the quote link too.  Sometimes I don't get outside of Shoes and Gear much and forget to check what else is going on.

Metal Skateboards thread:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=122035.0

Landmine

• Rep: 184
« Reply #1872 on: July 24, 2022, 06:59:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm riding an El Huevo now (which I think is the same shape as the Eggscape) with Classic 66s and I can't see my wheels.  If I try really hard I can sorta see the tip of the axle, maybe a bit of the nut.  Unless you have wheels with substantial offset I think 169s would be fine.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1873 on: July 25, 2022, 08:45:16 PM »
Is anyone running the DLX 9.1 egg with 8.5 trucks? It seems 8.75 width really stick out once you turn. Or maybe that's a good thing about eggs?

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1874 on: July 25, 2022, 09:07:26 PM »
Is anyone running the DLX 9.1 egg with 8.5 trucks? It seems 8.75 width really stick out once you turn. Or maybe that's a good thing about eggs?

What like the huffer? I think the huffer is technically 9.18 but I run it with 8.5 trucks and it’s perfect for me

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1875 on: July 25, 2022, 09:25:15 PM »
No the Grimple egg above is a DLX shape that is 9.1 center, 8.75 at trucks, but then aggressively tapers. Fairly sure it's symmetrical too.

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #1876 on: July 26, 2022, 08:28:40 AM »
https://zeroskateboards.com/collections/decks

Zero has some 9" eggs on their site for anyone that's interested.  I couldn't resist the classic skull on that shape so I picked up a green one

SUB15 gets you 15% off 

disclosed

« Reply #1877 on: July 26, 2022, 01:27:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I'm riding an El Huevo now (which I think is the same shape as the Eggscape) with Classic 66s and I can't see my wheels.  If I try really hard I can sorta see the tip of the axle, maybe a bit of the nut.  Unless you have wheels with substantial offset I think 169s would be fine.

yeah thats the same shape. damn now i have to buy a new board..

big_kev_215

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1878 on: July 26, 2022, 02:29:23 PM »

159s are looking pretty reasonable on the Eggscape.  Very slight magic carpet going on

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
« Reply #1879 on: July 28, 2022, 02:56:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

SIZE   8.25
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I hadn't seen the Metal Skateboards thread (but I have now) so besides the question of woodshop (BBS) I think everything is covered.

Thanks for the quote link too.  Sometimes I don't get outside of Shoes and Gear much and forget to check what else is going on.

Metal Skateboards thread:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=122035.0

i keep stumbling on new (and some old) info about this - metal's story right now has some ccs ad where it's listed as a bo turner shape, which makes sense since ben mentioned in his cold call video that he was stoked that metal was through aws so he could use some of the 'early 90s shapes'. turns out there was a lot more info in that video than i picked up on the first time i watched, neat.

https://zeroskateboards.com/collections/decks

Zero has some 9" eggs on their site for anyone that's interested.  I couldn't resist the classic skull on that shape so I picked up a green one

SUB15 gets you 15% off 

post this set up when you do it and let us know how it is, seems like they sold pretty quick. was rad to see so many colors of just a 'stock' egg.

ToshiroTownune

• Rep: 70
« Reply #1880 on: July 29, 2022, 01:08:10 PM »
Primitive currently has a 2 for 80 deal now and they have 9.125 decks available, which based on their output, has got to be some version of the Villani egg.

https://primitiveskate.com/collections/2fers/products/2fer

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1881 on: August 01, 2022, 05:57:22 PM »

This is an interesting one:

https://sectprebook.com/collections/decks/products/believe-blue-8-75

Details
Channel the early 90s street skating creativity with this 8.75" Egg shape. 14.25" WB.

mamba

• Rep: 134
  • Sucka free
« Reply #1882 on: August 01, 2022, 07:58:34 PM »
I have to say razors edge is the truth. My flip tricks are on point. 8.88 symmetrical twin egg.

big_kev_215

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1883 on: August 01, 2022, 08:02:17 PM »
Other than potentially the Metal one posted above - any other smaller egg shapes out there that taper over the trucks to 8.00”?

Contemplating giving a smaller board a shot with one of the 8 inch sets of trucks I have laying around

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #1884 on: August 01, 2022, 08:42:54 PM »
Other than potentially the Metal one posted above - any other smaller egg shapes out there that taper over the trucks to 8.00”?

Contemplating giving a smaller board a shot with one of the 8 inch sets of trucks I have laying around

Enjoi Deedz shape. 8.3
Here it's pictured with 8.25 thunders, which are kind of wide. 8.0s work just fine.
https://i.imgur.com/SUcn9iy.jpg

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 264
« Reply #1885 on: August 02, 2022, 10:26:37 AM »
that shape looks enjoyable
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1886 on: August 02, 2022, 12:59:23 PM »

Details
Channel the early 90s street skating creativity with this 8.75" Egg shape. 14.25" WB.

This looks awesome. I have some Indy 159a, that maybe could fit? If that deck is 32" or shorter, I will get it.
IG: @flowterspace

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1887 on: August 02, 2022, 05:43:22 PM »
I'm super hyped for this reissue

big_kev_215

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1888 on: August 02, 2022, 05:45:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Enjoi Deedz shape. 8.3
Here it's pictured with 8.25 thunders, which are kind of wide. 8.0s work just fine.
https://i.imgur.com/SUcn9iy.jpg

I like it

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #1889 on: August 02, 2022, 05:48:16 PM »
Expand Quote

Details

[close]

This looks awesome. I have some Indy 159a, that maybe could fit? If that deck is 32" or shorter, I will get it.
I’ve been wanting to get a deck for my 8.75” ventures. Here it is!