Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 376228 times)

decaf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #810 on: January 12, 2019, 12:37:15 PM »
Hate to agree with Steezus Christ but he said 'you never know if it's self defense or 'it can be instinctual to use a board as weapon if it's already in your hand.'
It's just a freak accident. Remember that disturbing footage of a troublemaker pushing people off his skateboard and then jumping on a girl's car? Her bf steps to him and he hits the bf with the trucks 2 or 3 times. Was kind of a popularly shared video at one point. That guy walked away [albeit on wobbly doe legs] so it's not unreasonable to have expected Dan Jensen to get up afterwards. I'm keeping my damn hands to myself after this one.

Which Nine Club episode did they cover this topic?

euro tm

« Reply #811 on: January 12, 2019, 12:43:40 PM »
What footage of it has come out so far? Just those clips on that newscast?

just the security camera. it’s kind of hard to see what’s going on but you can see garshell come up pretty close to them with his camera so that’s the footage that hasn’t been released yet

Get the strap

« Reply #812 on: January 12, 2019, 12:46:13 PM »
I don't know about where you guys have lived but if a new spot comes up, gets skated, sometimes the owners skate stop the shit out of it and have security kick you out the moment you even breath at the spot, and you can never skate there again. Black Rock has shit loads of footage of it for years, and that security guard has been there 10 years. Why the fuck some of are you are victim shaming and victim blaming is fucking insane.

billy.pepperidge

• Rep: -17
« Reply #813 on: January 12, 2019, 01:07:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Hate to agree with Steezus Christ but he said 'you never know if it's self defense or 'it can be instinctual to use a board as weapon if it's already in your hand.'
It's just a freak accident. Remember that disturbing footage of a troublemaker pushing people off his skateboard and then jumping on a girl's car? Her bf steps to him and he hits the bf with the trucks 2 or 3 times. Was kind of a popularly shared video at one point. That guy walked away [albeit on wobbly doe legs] so it's not unreasonable to have expected Dan Jensen to get up afterwards. I'm keeping my damn hands to myself after this one.
[close]

Which Nine Club episode did they cover this topic?
9 Club Experience with sKate Moss the instagram model.

plod

« Reply #814 on: January 13, 2019, 04:17:27 AM »
It seems like alot of people commenting haven't watched the footage. It's pretty clear.

SkateChimney

• Rep: -29
« Reply #815 on: January 13, 2019, 06:33:39 AM »
They was fighting security in the Polar video and ya'll didn't get this feisty then

billy.pepperidge

« Reply #816 on: January 13, 2019, 06:56:00 AM »
They was fighting security in the Polar video and ya'll didn't get this feisty then
It's all fun and games until somebody looses their skull.

thomas kook

« Reply #817 on: January 13, 2019, 07:05:08 AM »

the fighting was mellow but what really annoyed me was the shot right after where they were all hyped on it

cynical cow

• Rep: 27
« Reply #818 on: January 13, 2019, 07:39:15 AM »
Did they bash someone's head in where part of his skull and brain were removed and he can no longer remember who his family is?

thebaggy

• Rep: -14
« Reply #819 on: January 13, 2019, 10:10:47 AM »

You and "zteezys christ" are wrong in this case. Saying anything that even remotely sounds like you are defending GX's actions is ignorant.
Rotate your wheels regularly.

I.C. Weiner

• Rep: -7
« Reply #820 on: January 13, 2019, 10:31:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You and "zteezys christ" are wrong in this case. Saying anything that even remotely sounds like you are defending GX's actions is ignorant.

yeah i dont get how there's this much debate about it. that man was just doing his job, they ganged up on him and used a weapon.
i'd only pay attention to what steezus christ said if it was 1 on 1. this was a gang against one security guard.

billy.pepperidge

« Reply #821 on: January 13, 2019, 11:13:39 AM »
I'm not justifying but if you push a man holding a knife, you can't be shocked if he stabs you. Dudes shouldn't have hit him with the skateboard but if it was in his hand, it may have been instinctual and it took the likes of Steezy Christ to tell it to yall, you know nothings.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #822 on: January 13, 2019, 11:34:39 AM »
The old guy shouldn’t have fallen down if he didn’t want to be punched while on the ground. It’s self defense after all.

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #823 on: January 13, 2019, 11:39:14 AM »
I'm not justifying but if you push a man holding a knife, you can't be shocked if he stabs you. Dudes shouldn't have hit him with the skateboard but if it was in his hand, it may have been instinctual and it took the likes of Steezy Christ to tell it to yall, you know nothings

You are a dick.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2535
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #824 on: January 13, 2019, 12:07:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I also often resort to self defense when I'm in a group and we're kicking the life out of one guy lying on the ground.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #825 on: January 13, 2019, 01:29:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No one with proper educationdecent human should need to go through paragraphs in order to understand that violence is bad.
[close]
[close]

on the other hand, no one with much experience of skateboarding or even spending time on the streets in an urban environment can fail to understand that avoiding violence isn't always easy, a choice, or in some cases even possible.
[close]
Except, in this case, it pretty easily was.
[close]

Nothing I've seen or heard so far as suggested to me that Jesse was an angry person looking to hurt someone, which doesn't mean he is innocent, but people on here are calling for his head like he dismembered a hitchhiker. The post I responded to suggests people involved in violence aren't "decent," and I think that's overly simplistic. Jesse's probably as "decent" as most of us, people accusing him and the rest of mob mentality should take a look at themselves.

[close]
Jesse had ample time to leave the situation before it evolved into what it became. That isn't some quick thing that became unavoidable. How long do you think Dan was out there asking them to leave, and putting up barricades. That is a completely avoidable situation. The only person this wasn't really avoidable for was Dan who was doing his job, and it appears that the biggest transgression was trying to confiscate a skateboard after people stayed skating and moving the barricades.
[close]

Are you fucking serious? This right here is the problem with how people are viewing this. What happened to this dude is a tragedy, and everything would be better if they had left the first time he asked. No question.

But to say it was unavoidable for him is asinine. He could have realized there were 8 unpredictable young men. He could have called the police and watched. He could have have kept fucking with barriers and called the police. He could have done 1000 other things than grab a board and begin actual aggression. He could have taken that first push, called the cops, and kept his distance. He could have not gotten up and started swinging at the first person he saw (if we're going to belive that's how it went down).

I'm not at all saying he brought this awful fate on himself, and not at all saying he caused the horrible chain of events, but getting physical with 8 guys in any way (even just grabbing a board) wass 100% avoidable.

Every single person in the situation, Dan included, could have made decisions to avoid the outcome they wound up with.
Seriously, he's paid to get skaters and trespassers to leave the property. I doubt cops are responding quickly. And, I doubt anythig close to this happening has happened in his 10 years working Black Rock. I'm sure he asked/told them a bunch of times before he resorted to grabbing one of their boards (which I wouldn't call aggression). So, trying to grab the board from one person still skating the spot, makes it an attack on 8 people?

Out of everyone involved, he had by far the least amount of chance to change what happened. He was there doing his job, the skaters could have left to one other spot. They live in the area, this isn't like they were in a spot for one day trying to get one trick at a specific spot (not that, that would excuse what happened).

GX1000 or at least Jesse Vieira and the other dudes are 100% in the wrong. And, trying to defend it by saying "well he grabbed their board" as the first act of aggression is ridiculous. If grabbing property is the first act of aggression in your eyes, isn't moving the barricades he's trying to put up qualify long before he grabbed a board?

thebaggy

« Reply #826 on: January 13, 2019, 01:31:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No one with proper educationdecent human should need to go through paragraphs in order to understand that violence is bad.
[close]
[close]

on the other hand, no one with much experience of skateboarding or even spending time on the streets in an urban environment can fail to understand that avoiding violence isn't always easy, a choice, or in some cases even possible.
[close]
Except, in this case, it pretty easily was.
[close]

Nothing I've seen or heard so far as suggested to me that Jesse was an angry person looking to hurt someone, which doesn't mean he is innocent, but people on here are calling for his head like he dismembered a hitchhiker. The post I responded to suggests people involved in violence aren't "decent," and I think that's overly simplistic. Jesse's probably as "decent" as most of us, people accusing him and the rest of mob mentality should take a look at themselves.

[close]
Jesse had ample time to leave the situation before it evolved into what it became. That isn't some quick thing that became unavoidable. How long do you think Dan was out there asking them to leave, and putting up barricades. That is a completely avoidable situation. The only person this wasn't really avoidable for was Dan who was doing his job, and it appears that the biggest transgression was trying to confiscate a skateboard after people stayed skating and moving the barricades.
[close]

Are you fucking serious? This right here is the problem with how people are viewing this. What happened to this dude is a tragedy, and everything would be better if they had left the first time he asked. No question.

But to say it was unavoidable for him is asinine. He could have realized there were 8 unpredictable young men. He could have called the police and watched. He could have have kept fucking with barriers and called the police. He could have done 1000 other things than grab a board and begin actual aggression. He could have taken that first push, called the cops, and kept his distance. He could have not gotten up and started swinging at the first person he saw (if we're going to belive that's how it went down).

I'm not at all saying he brought this awful fate on himself, and not at all saying he caused the horrible chain of events, but getting physical with 8 guys in any way (even just grabbing a board) wass 100% avoidable.

Every single person in the situation, Dan included, could have made decisions to avoid the outcome they wound up with.
[close]
Seriously, he's paid to get skaters and trespassers to leave the property. I doubt cops are responding quickly. And, I doubt anythig close to this happening has happened in his 10 years working Black Rock. I'm sure he asked/told them a bunch of times before he resorted to grabbing one of their boards (which I wouldn't call aggression). So, trying to grab the board from one person still skating the spot, makes it an attack on 8 people?

Out of everyone involved, he had by far the least amount of chance to change what happened. He was there doing his job, the skaters could have left to one other spot. They live in the area, this isn't like they were in a spot for one day trying to get one trick at a specific spot (not that, that would excuse what happened).

GX1000 or at least Jesse Vieira and the other dudes are 100% in the wrong. And, trying to defend it by saying "well he grabbed their board" as the first act of aggression is ridiculous. If grabbing property is the first act of aggression in your eyes, isn't moving the barricades he's trying to put up qualify long before he grabbed a board?

Your absolutely right. We (as skateboarders) have fucking rediculous double standards.

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #827 on: January 13, 2019, 01:50:52 PM »
Everyone shut the fuck up

It was a really unfortunate situation

There are potential wrong doings on both ends, albeit maybe one more than the other

Unless you were there, don’t feel justified in anything you say

Snowflakes

SkateChimney

• Rep: -29
« Reply #828 on: January 13, 2019, 02:09:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Did they bash someone's head in where part of his skull and brain were removed and he can no longer remember who his family is?

No, but the fiesty-meter was still clocking in at a big fat zero

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #829 on: January 13, 2019, 02:25:28 PM »

"I saw 'Kids' when i was a kid...I've seen what the fuhkin' happens when you swing a skateboard at someone ." -Steezus

Hitting someone with a board usually doesn't do a ton of damage, unlike a baseball bat

halpmeimbleddin

« Reply #830 on: January 13, 2019, 04:02:57 PM »
when did skaters start supporting security guards over other skaters?? what dimension have i stepped into?

i feel bad for dude, dont get me wrong... but theres no way the fight started over something like him grabbing the board or kicking them out. im sure the guard said something fucked or that theres more to this at least. AND, the actual injury that fucked this dude wasnt from them slamming the board on his head, it was from dude falling and smacking his head on the ground. quite the security guard they got there lmao.

there may have been around 8 of them as yall are saying, but the actual fight seemed like 1vs1 with the rest just being there.

guard shouldve called the cops if he was repeatedly telling them to leave with no success.

halpmeimbleddin

« Reply #831 on: January 13, 2019, 04:04:32 PM »
also, anyone got a link to the security camera footage?? seems it was taken down a few days ago during jesse's trial, cant find it anywhere

Donald Rump

« Reply #832 on: January 13, 2019, 04:12:02 PM »

Hitting someone with a board usually doesn't do a ton of damage, unlike a baseball bat

You ain't seen the Union vid then? It's not the board is the trucks that cause damage.

In this case I think it's being sucker punched and hitting his head. Fuck these kooks.

SlapRhaters

• Rep: -183
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #833 on: January 13, 2019, 04:21:18 PM »
Expand Quote
when did skaters start supporting security guards over other skaters?? what dimension have i stepped into?

i feel bad for dude, dont get me wrong... but theres no way the fight started over something like him grabbing the board or kicking them out. im sure the guard said something fucked or that theres more to this at least. AND, the actual injury that fucked this dude wasnt from them slamming the board on his head, it was from dude falling and smacking his head on the ground. quite the security guard they got there lmao.

there may have been around 8 of them as yall are saying, but the actual fight seemed like 1vs1 with the rest just being there.

guard shouldve called the cops if he was repeatedly telling them to leave with no success.
[close]

Glad you're getting a laugh out of this, you piece of garbage.
lol its just funny that this guys job was as simple as guarding a place and he couldn't even do it right, good thing this guy wasn't a cab driver he might have ran over 30 people before crashing head first into the steeling wheel.

thebaggy

« Reply #834 on: January 13, 2019, 04:32:17 PM »

You are an idiot asshole.

Donald Rump

« Reply #835 on: January 13, 2019, 04:32:30 PM »

What is this? Some GX idiots posting up here now

halpmeimbleddin

« Reply #836 on: January 13, 2019, 04:36:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Glad you're getting a laugh out of this, you piece of garbage.

lol cant tell if youre trolling or serious..
just laughing moreso at the fact a billion dollar financial corp has shit-tier security that just falls over and knocks themselves out, can't even fend off a group of skaters. stop being so overly sensitive about situations you know nothing about. none of us have any of the details to know what exactly happened that day and why it happened.

halpmeimbleddin

« Reply #837 on: January 13, 2019, 04:39:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

not affiliated with gx, not even on the west coast. ill take that as a compliment tho, dudes are gnarly as fuck. been lurking for years, just never felt the need to post on slap until seeing some of these fags like you defending rent a cops. sure as hell aint how things used to be.

nasalcrilltobackpaddle

« Reply #838 on: January 13, 2019, 04:41:43 PM »
Cruised by there today, Black Rock is as blown out as Jesse Vieira's butthole right now

thebaggy

« Reply #839 on: January 13, 2019, 04:42:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

not affiliated with gx, not even on the west coast. ill take that as a compliment tho, dudes are gnarly as fuck. been lurking for years, just never felt the need to post on slap until seeing some of these fags like you defending rent a cops. sure as hell aint how things used to be.

You are a pussy. Guaranteed