Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 376298 times)

breakingthewaves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #1620 on: May 14, 2019, 04:37:26 AM »
next court date june 21. retrial?
You and your fucking radio

papo

• Rep: -191
« Reply #1621 on: May 14, 2019, 05:15:28 AM »

Sounds like it.

Side note: what happened to everyone else who was there when it happened? If they were there, why didnt they stop it? In many countries you will be tried as an accessory for letting it happen when you could have stopped it (which is obviously the case)

breakingthewaves

« Reply #1622 on: May 14, 2019, 05:34:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds like it.

Side note: what happened to everyone else who was there when it happened? If they were there, why didnt they stop it? In many countries you will be tried as an accessory for letting it happen when you could have stopped it (which is obviously the case)

the scene was chaotic and mostly people scuffling around. right after vieira swung the board somebody was pulling him away as the guard was falling.

if he was on top of the guard punching him over and over and everybody was just standing there watching, that might be different.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #1623 on: May 14, 2019, 05:38:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds like it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but in the U.S you're not obligated to help/ save anyone. I remember my business law professor telling a story where someone saved someone from drowning and while giving CPR they broke the persons rib and they got sued. So you're better off just looking the other way and call 911 than getting involved.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 05:49:47 AM by Chatbot »

breakingthewaves

« Reply #1624 on: May 14, 2019, 05:43:45 AM »
not in florida anyway. this is the case that was all over the media last year:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/26/us/florida-teens-no-charges-drowning-man/index.html

papo

• Rep: -191
« Reply #1625 on: May 14, 2019, 06:07:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds like it.

[close]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but in the U.S you're not obligated to help/ save anyone. I remember my business law professor telling a story where someone saved someone from drowning and while giving CPR they broke the persons rib and they got sued. So you're better off just looking the other way and call 911 than getting involved.

To my knowledge you are obliged to help to the best of your abilities. If you cant help physically you will be asked if you had a phone which enabled you to call the police or went for help in other ways, if you recorded a crime, you could be asked why you recorded the thing instead of helping. Theres a lot of possibilities to be tried.

Now Florida on the other hand, as we all know is the exception to everything logical and humane.

Suave

• Rep: -21
« Reply #1626 on: May 14, 2019, 06:09:01 AM »
no law that you have to help and that includes the police. they no longer are accepted to 'protect and serve' and that is why, if you've noticed, service is lax.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1627 on: May 14, 2019, 07:31:55 AM »
 Haven’t you guys seen the Seinfeld finale?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #1628 on: May 14, 2019, 09:48:39 AM »
Wow next date is on the 21st.. what a shitty day.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #1629 on: May 14, 2019, 09:51:32 AM »
This sucks, I was under the impression Jesse was in the clear for a little while but i guess not.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #1630 on: June 11, 2019, 01:29:36 PM »
Heard he is out.

nwgrandpapa

• Rep: -1
  • My friend Mike is on here
« Reply #1631 on: June 11, 2019, 01:32:17 PM »
Heard he is out.

heard the same from my little birdies in sf

whaaaaat

• Rep: 47
« Reply #1632 on: June 11, 2019, 01:55:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Heard he is out.
[close]

heard the same from my little birdies in sf

third-ing that.  just saw a pic of him on a mutual friends insta and the words "free"  anybody got more details?

breakingthewaves

« Reply #1633 on: June 11, 2019, 02:42:34 PM »
not found in the inmate locator anymore

http://apps.sfgov.org/InmateInfo/

Fred Savage

« Reply #1634 on: June 11, 2019, 03:41:16 PM »

Damn bro. You have stalker vibes. Let the man be.

nwgrandpapa

• Rep: -1
  • My friend Mike is on here
« Reply #1635 on: June 11, 2019, 03:50:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Damn bro. You have stalker vibes. Let the man be.

you were never cut out for investigative journalism fred

euro tm

« Reply #1636 on: June 11, 2019, 04:06:51 PM »

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #1637 on: June 11, 2019, 04:42:31 PM »
I feel like Pizza Skateboards looks even more like kooks now for dropping this dude way before the trial ended when he ultimately got the charges dismissed. Way to stand behind your team rider. innocent until proven guilty is not a law Pizza Skateboards believes in I guess. He should be a pro for GX1000 now.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #1638 on: June 11, 2019, 04:50:16 PM »
Lmao when did we go back to backing this guy?

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

breakingthewaves

« Reply #1639 on: June 11, 2019, 05:43:58 PM »
I feel like Pizza Skateboards looks even more like kooks now for dropping this dude way before the trial ended when he ultimately got the charges dismissed. Way to stand behind your team rider. innocent until proven guilty is not a law Pizza Skateboards believes in I guess. He should be a pro for GX1000 now.

he was back on pizza before the trial started.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #1640 on: June 11, 2019, 07:06:56 PM »

well Im not hating or backing, this just goes to show how none of us knows what the fuck really happened nor will Brink get the full story

euro tm

« Reply #1641 on: June 12, 2019, 01:29:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

well Im not hating or backing, this just goes to show how none of us knows what the fuck really happened nor will Brink get the full story

no one knows the full truth yet but obviously ryan’s close up capture of this encounter was responsible for his release. everyone needs to stop jumping to conclusions with the little information that the media has shown us.

breakingthewaves

« Reply #1642 on: June 12, 2019, 11:03:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

no one knows the full truth yet but obviously ryan’s close up capture of this encounter was responsible for his release. everyone needs to stop jumping to conclusions with the little information that the media has shown us.

you jumped to a conclusion then in the next sentence told people to stop jumping to conclusions lol.

vieira had a mistrial then stayed in jail because the prosecution intended to re-try the case. his next court date was scheduled for june 21.

i would speculate that the prosecution was maybe gunning for a plea deal that they couldn't get and didn't feel confident they would win the second trial and so dropped the charges. but i have no idea. and zero new info so far except for that instagram post.

euro tm

« Reply #1643 on: June 12, 2019, 11:47:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

you jumped to a conclusion then in the next sentence told people to stop jumping to conclusions lol.

vieira had a mistrial then stayed in jail because the prosecution intended to re-try the case. his next court date was scheduled for june 21.

i would speculate that the prosecution was maybe gunning for a plea deal that they couldn't get and didn't feel confident they would win the second trial and so dropped the charges. but i have no idea. and zero new info so far except for that instagram post.

nah you're right, i was drunk as shit when i typed that. still from what i was told that's what happened though.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #1644 on: June 12, 2019, 12:37:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

nah you're right, i was drunk as shit when i typed that. still from what i was told that's what happened though.

I think it's normal not to get released immediately. I beat a case after serving 11 months. They didn't release me for 2 weeks after the case was closed.  The state gets angry when they spend all that money and loose, without fines and fees to recoup the costs.

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1645 on: June 12, 2019, 12:45:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think it's normal not to get released immediately. I beat a case after serving 11 months. They didn't release me for 2 weeks after the case was closed.  The state gets angry when they spend all that money and loose, without fines and fees to recoup the costs.

You were guilty as fuck though, right?

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #1646 on: June 12, 2019, 01:05:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

wait what? 2 weeks?  what do you mean by closed? as in dismissed?
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #1647 on: June 12, 2019, 02:40:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

wait what? 2 weeks?  what do you mean by closed? as in dismissed?
I wasn't guilty. Obviously.
We had picked 7-8 jurors we were very excited to get.  Suddenly got dismissed during lunch break. Thought I'd be out that day, but should've never had the charges filled to begin with. Denver sent two sheriff's on a 2 night trip to come fly me back to Denver.  The prosecutor came every day after it was dismissed trying to get me to sign a time served M3 deal also agreeing to pay for plane tickets and hotel etc before he refiled F3 and habitualized me.  My lawyer had to file something with the judge about harassment to finally get me released.  I was afraid for years they'd refile out of nowhere.  And it wasn't anything violent that had victims involved at all.  Glad I spent my savings on hiring Michael Stepanian (NORML) to send me in the right direction, instead of bailing out and having a public defender.

fftc

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1648 on: June 13, 2019, 11:23:05 AM »
Where's that guy who pissed on his GX1000 board?

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?