Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 376218 times)

GeorgeCostanza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #1650 on: June 19, 2019, 05:53:10 PM »
Damn it's almost like kids don't understand the consequence of such an act due to the cowardly inability of the industry to even address the topic. (And in some cases promote it)
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #1651 on: June 26, 2019, 03:25:45 PM »
What happened the other day? Wasn't there a new trial or some shit on the 21st?

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #1653 on: July 25, 2019, 06:09:29 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/07/25/sports/a-security-worker-confronted-the-skateboarders-he-ended-up-with-brain-damage.html

That was much different than how everyone was saying. That dude wasnt out there to talk he was out there to be a fuckin tough guy. Its a shame that it ended the way it did but that seemed more like a freak accident than anything.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #1654 on: July 25, 2019, 06:19:54 AM »
yeah that security guard was in for blood but I feel like Brian Delatorre of CONS and HABITAT was the main instigator in this shit. Jesse Viera of PIZZA just gave the last blow that send the guard to vegetative state..

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #1655 on: July 25, 2019, 06:21:43 AM »
yeah that security guard was in for blood but I feel like Brian Delatorre of CONS and HABITAT was the main instigator in this shit. Jesse Viera of PIZZA just gave the last blow that send the guard to vegetative state..

Interesting way to describe it,  Mystical Leader of Slap messageboards

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #1656 on: July 25, 2019, 06:27:55 AM »
Slap screenshots are making it into the NYTimes.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
« Reply #1657 on: July 25, 2019, 06:48:52 AM »

"instigator"...he pushed a guy that was attacking him.  thats it. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1658 on: July 25, 2019, 06:52:15 AM »
So there's the footage. Dan Jensen was going in pretty hard. I'm not saying he deserved what happened to him at all but I really do not get why he thought he should just start smacking everybody. Call the cops man. That's the protocol.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2535
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1659 on: July 25, 2019, 06:52:51 AM »

That was much different than how everyone was saying. That dude wasnt out there to talk he was out there to be a fuckin tough guy. Its a shame that it ended the way it did but that seemed more like a freak accident than anything.

When I'm out for blood I also throw a skateboard and then wait for someone to push me.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #1660 on: July 25, 2019, 07:15:19 AM »
when you're already outnumbering a dude 10:1, and he doesn't have anything in his hands, and you crack him in the head with your skateboard, you're a little fucking bitch. Learn how to fight or just don't be a tough guy. Doesn't even matter if the SG was out of line, he probably was...but that's no fucking excuse, nobody there was in any danger. 

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #1661 on: July 25, 2019, 07:16:33 AM »
Out for blood? You fucking kook. Jesus. Hitting someone with a skateboard is a pussy ass move.

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #1662 on: July 25, 2019, 07:20:34 AM »
Jesse clocked him with his board for sure

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #1663 on: July 25, 2019, 07:21:39 AM »
That dude wasnt out there to talk he was out there to be a fuckin tough guy.

Tries to get people to stop skating the ledges (because that's his fucking job). Tosses a board into the street out of frustration from obviously nobody complying with him trying to get people to stop skating the ledges. Gets shoved by a member of a group who then approaches him again, and then he attempts to defend himself as one person against a group of potential aggressors...and you say he's out there being "a fuckin tough guy". Ok.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1664 on: July 25, 2019, 07:28:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Tries to get people to stop skating the ledges (because that's his fucking job). Tosses a board into the street out of frustration from obviously nobody complying with him trying to get people to stop skating the ledges. Gets shoved by a member of a group who then approaches him again, and then he attempts to defend himself as one person against a group of potential aggressors...and you say he's out there being "a fuckin tough guy". Ok.
The guard's job is to get people to stop skating the ledges, but attacking perpetrators goes beyond his job duties. When it reached that point (which it absolutely should not have, and that's not initially his fault), he should have gone inside and called the cops. I know he had previously spoken online about his frustration and desire to attack skateboarders, so his hands are hardly clean. He also blindly lashed out at someone who, as the video shows, hadn't instigated the attack or acted aggressively towards him.

Bottom line: there is shared responsibility, and every single person involved should have just walked the fuck away.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 07:30:22 AM by heckler »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

30somethinghasbeen

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1665 on: July 25, 2019, 07:35:20 AM »
when you're already outnumbering a dude 10:1, and he doesn't have anything in his hands, and you crack him in the head with your skateboard, you're a little fucking bitch. Learn how to fight or just don't be a tough guy. Doesn't even matter if the SG was out of line, he probably was...but that's no fucking excuse, nobody there was in any danger.

Completely agree.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1666 on: July 25, 2019, 07:48:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
The guard's job is to get people to stop skating the ledges, but attacking perpetrators goes beyond his job duties. When it reached that point (which it absolutely should not have, and that's not initially his fault), he should have gone inside and called the cops. I know he had previously spoken online about his frustration and desire to attack skateboarders, so his hands are hardly clean. He also blindly lashed out at someone who, as the video shows, hadn't instigated the attack or acted aggressively towards him.

Bottom line: there is shared responsibility, and every single person involved should have just walked the fuck away.
Attacking perpetrators seems like a pretty dishonest interpretation of what happened. He attempted to get people to stop skateboarding and a skateboarder instigated an attack on him. I doubt most people would think "I was just shoved. I should go inside, call the police and wait patiently". The guy thought he was being attacked, because he was, and went into defense mode. He got pitched to the ground and somebody off camera definitely threw his walkie or something at him. I wouldn't call that "blindly lashing out". He got up to confront that person that threw an object at him and he got surrounded.

Should he have retreated and gone inside? Sure. Was he the instigator in this situation? Absolutely fucking not.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #1667 on: July 25, 2019, 07:50:39 AM »
glad one dude knew better than to get involved and dipped right away.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 03:20:24 PM by weregoingunion »
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #1668 on: July 25, 2019, 07:51:14 AM »
I was watching on my phone, but from what I saw Jesse punches the guard with his board in his hand. A bit of a stretch from using a board to deliver the blow. The shot that dropped the guard was all fist. His head hitting the marble ground is most likely what caused the damage.

As for De La looked like he grinded the ledge into the guard putting the barrier up. I couldn’t tell if the guard may have struck him prior to throwing the board. But De La came off the ledge pushing. He definitely escalated it. He could have just grabbed the board and took off. Once he pushed everyone else jumped in.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1669 on: July 25, 2019, 07:56:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Attacking perpetrators seems like a pretty dishonest interpretation of what happened. He attempted to get people to stop skateboarding and a skateboarder instigated an attack on him. I doubt most people would think "I was just shoved. I should go inside, call the police and wait patiently". The guy thought he was being attacked, because he was, and went into defense mode. He got pitched to the ground and somebody off camera definitely threw his walkie or something at him. He got up to confront that person and got surrounded.

Should he have retreated and gone inside? Sure. Was he the instigator in this situation? Absolutely fucking not.
I didn't say he was the instigator (that's clearly DeLa), and I don't consider his scuffle with DeLa to be an "attack," but he became an attacker when he got up and charged Jesse. I rewatched the video and after DeLa pushed him to the ground, he had a clear path to leave, grab his walkie, go inside, and diffuse the situation (which, again, EVERYONE INVOLVED SHOULD HAVE DONE, not just the guard). At that point he chose to continue the fight, to everyone's detriment, and Jesse unfortunately chose to retaliate. If Dan was under the impression he was being attacked by 10+ dudes, I don't know what he was thinking by continuing to fight. He's not expected to die for the granite in front of the Bank of America, that goes far beyond his job training and responsibilities.

The inevitable civil case is going to be steamy. Thrasher is bound to get involved.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1670 on: July 25, 2019, 08:05:41 AM »
Yeah my comment about instigating was more directed towards the dude that claimed Dan was out there to be a tough guy. My bad.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #1671 on: July 25, 2019, 08:07:57 AM »
I can't believe there are still people defending the actions of gx1000.

Maybe if you only watched the new video but the cctv footy shows that this altercation was going for a bit before  Dela decided continue to skate the spot. Also glad to see the filmer was like chill and call the ambulance..

It's easy to say why didn't the guard just leave and call the cops but you could just as easily say why didn't the skaters leave and come  back in fifteen minutes?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1672 on: July 25, 2019, 08:09:43 AM »
Yeah my comment about instigating was more directed towards the dude that claimed Dan was out there to be a tough guy. My bad.
No worries. No matter how you look at it, it's a sad situation that could have easily been avoided.

Serious Tea Drinker

« Reply #1673 on: July 25, 2019, 08:15:16 AM »
Not sure what others are seeing but it looks, from this video, that Jessee Viera was on the defense.

heavy metal harvey

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1674 on: July 25, 2019, 08:15:47 AM »
damn that security guard got washed, you gotta bob and weave baby

fftc

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1675 on: July 25, 2019, 08:22:29 AM »
Having now watched the two videos back to back I'm surprised the jury couldn't/wouldn't convict. I'm up for jury duty next month and if I had been on that jury I would have voted for guilty.
There are a couple of times when with a bit of sense (both) folk should have pulled back to de-escalate, but the crucial moment is the throw or punch when the guard is lying on his back the first time. No wonder he gets up super pissed after that one!

NY times article suggests there is going to be a re-trial. Is that right?

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #1676 on: July 25, 2019, 08:24:08 AM »
Crazy how fast that shit got heavy. No boxers in that whole video. Just a bunch of dudes playing grab ass and still managed to maim the guard. Fighting ain’t worth it after a certain age, man. And I’m passed it.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1677 on: July 25, 2019, 08:42:24 AM »
Having now watched the two videos back to back I'm surprised the jury couldn't/wouldn't convict. I'm up for jury duty next month and if I had been on that jury I would have voted for guilty.
There are a couple of times when with a bit of sense (both) folk should have pulled back to de-escalate, but the crucial moment is the throw or punch when the guard is lying on his back the first time. No wonder he gets up super pissed after that one!

NY times article suggests there is going to be a re-trial. Is that right?

What are you talking about? He did not get punched when he fell the first time. I don't think he got punched AT ALL. It was a shoving match that ended with him TRIPPING over a board and hitting his head on concrete. What the fuck video are ya'll watching? Really hope my life never ends up in the hands of the justice system (jury).

wurfnnjs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1678 on: July 25, 2019, 08:55:41 AM »
Hey guys, here's a lesson. If someone asks you to leave their property, just fucking leave it. Street skating is fun, but they do have a moral high ground. You could mess up their property, and many are afraid (though I doubt most street skaters would try to do this) that if you fall and hurt yourself, you could sue them. Being sued is a property owner's worst nightmare. Next time someone tells you to leave a spot, just fucking leave and come back later. It will always end up better for both parties that way.

As for these guys, same rules apply. I don't care if the security guard started it, because that was his job. The skaters should have just left right then, if the security guard came after them they could have easily outran him on their boards. And hell, if the guard leaves the property and somehow catches up to them, then tries to attack them again, then the skaters have every legal right to kick his ass. But that's not what happened. They ruined a man's life, and that is not acceptable. It makes every skater look bad.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3378
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1679 on: July 25, 2019, 08:58:27 AM »
damn that security guard got washed, you gotta bob and weave baby

This reminds me of a joke I told once when I was at church camp and didn't know what it meant:

What do you call two gay guys named Bob?
Oral Roberts

All the grownups gave me the strangest look. I think that ended my career in comedy.