Author Topic: Baker 4 coming in August  (Read 248558 times)

eyodu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
Re: Baker 4 coming in August
« Reply #1530 on: November 24, 2019, 08:36:47 AM »

The video motivated me to study hard so that I don't ever turn out like Dustin Dollin.

Good Vibes all around tho, skating was a little shittier than I thought it would be, but I'm happy to see that everyone is happy and together.

Rowan SW Hardflip and T-Funk hill bomb ollie into a wall were both insane.

What happened to Donta?

Shalom, Missing TK.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1531 on: November 24, 2019, 08:38:25 AM »
Got a new wetransfer link if anybody needs it.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1532 on: November 24, 2019, 08:41:56 AM »

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #1533 on: November 24, 2019, 08:57:36 AM »
Rowan’s part has high rewatch value. That kids switch style is so smooth

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #1534 on: November 24, 2019, 09:15:42 AM »
Baca only has one board out right now and it's a logo board. Baker needs to drop a classic graphic for him ASAP to capitalize on the hype
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #1535 on: November 24, 2019, 09:37:17 AM »
So I'm reading some comments on this not being an impressive video and I could've called it. The way baker has been moving the last decade or so, it is what it is. The legends been aging and some younger dudes got dropped last minute. No way it would meet the hype as far as just straight skateboarding goes. I hope the vibes are on point at least to compensate. Where dat link at though...👀

squippy

• Rep: -65
« Reply #1536 on: November 24, 2019, 09:44:53 AM »
So I'm reading some comments on this not being an impressive video and I could've called it. The way baker has been moving the last decade or so, it is what it is. The legends been aging and some younger dudes got dropped last minute. No way it would meet the hype as far as just straight skateboarding goes. I hope the vibes are on point at least to compensate. Where dat link at though...👀

I strongly disagree with the idea that the video is a disappointment. Aside from a short Jacopo part, everybody delivered (Sans Zach Allen, I don't fucking get that dude). We even got 2 minutes or so of Herm footage, which I was not expecting!

P.S. Was theotis talking shit when he said he had spent 100k in the club that night? I really hope for his and his family's sake he was just talking shit to hype everybody up. I don't think even Nyjah would feel comfortable doing something like that, and he's a multi-millionaire.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1537 on: November 24, 2019, 09:48:23 AM »
Someone uploaded 1/5 of the video on YouTube so I watched it and maybe I’m just not feeling anything at the moment because I got dumped last night or maybe something is just off because I didn’t really get too excited about. I got more excited about seeing my friends in the background of that 5050 on that yellow rail in kaders part

Global Moderator

« Reply #1538 on: November 24, 2019, 09:54:16 AM »
I get that fashion is a personal expression of one's style and taste, but damn, almost everyone in this video needs to learn at least the basics of how to put together a decent outfit; that shit matters.

And everyone's skateboards look terrible. I don't care how amazing your tricks are, if your board looks like a turd and you're dressed like an idiot, your tricks don't matter one bit.

Skaters these days are not being given a hard time about wack fashion choices and it shows.

Ocelot

« Reply #1539 on: November 24, 2019, 10:01:12 AM »
damn, that video was spiritual

halfway through the tone really sets in, it's really optimistic but with a reverence for the past

i thought it was really cool, i don't think i've seen a video in a long time with such a vibe and character

that was a 10/10 for me, definitely what every modern video aspires to be, andrew was getting at something more than just a gnarly video

8bitcarson

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1540 on: November 24, 2019, 10:13:10 AM »
I got the link homies

no habla mango

• Rep: -63
« Reply #1541 on: November 24, 2019, 10:19:28 AM »
I got the link homies
me too.
JAKE PHELPS at the carwash!

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1542 on: November 24, 2019, 10:23:44 AM »
Bryan Herman skating to Ariel Pink is an instant classic. Yall tripping.

Dude has had some of the best music supervision

The Richmond Sluts "Drive Me Wild"
David Bowie "Width of a Circle"
Lil Wayne "Dedication 2"
UGK ft. Outkast "International Players Anthem"
Tom Waits "Top of the Hill"
Juicy J  "Fish Ain't Bitin"

His non-schoolyard Stay Gold section to Sabbath "Fairies Wear Boots" never really fit for me. Great song and great skating but just didn't gel imo.

wash uffize drive me to firenze

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1543 on: November 24, 2019, 10:25:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I strongly disagree with the idea that the video is a disappointment. Aside from a short Jacopo part, everybody delivered (Sans Zach Allen, I don't fucking get that dude). We even got 2 minutes or so of Herm footage, which I was not expecting!

P.S. Was theotis talking shit when he said he had spent 100k in the club that night? I really hope for his and his family's sake he was just talking shit to hype everybody up. I don't think even Nyjah would feel comfortable doing something like that, and he's a multi-millionaire.

You should be expecting Herman footage. I feel like that mentality is allowing people to just accept whatever footage when someone is a respected pro on the team. Like unless there's been like crazy injuries or just real life shit that keeps people from filming you gotta come through. 2 minutes is better than 1 minute so I'll give Herman credit but as long this fucking video took to make? Everybody needs full parts or some 3 minute montage style thing like that's crazy.

Dollin gets a pass because he's a lifer and dead ass sacrificed his body over and over.

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #1544 on: November 24, 2019, 10:39:54 AM »
I get that fashion is a personal expression of one's style and taste, but damn, almost everyone in this video needs to learn at least the basics of how to put together a decent outfit; that shit matters.

And everyone's skateboards look terrible. I don't care how amazing your tricks are, if your board looks like a turd and you're dressed like an idiot, your tricks don't matter one bit.

Skaters these days are not being given a hard time about wack fashion choices and it shows.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=108056.0

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #1545 on: November 24, 2019, 10:57:31 AM »
I can’t believe I’m saying this but there’s not enough hijinx or three 6. Getting theotis to fill the “TK” role with nice items didn’t work for me either. They need Strickland

no habla mango

• Rep: -63
« Reply #1546 on: November 24, 2019, 11:01:35 AM »
it's the T-Funk era!

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #1547 on: November 24, 2019, 11:06:01 AM »
Rowan, Figgy and Baca were my favorites.
I understand why it was used but kader didn’t deserve to skate to shine a light sorry drew.
Never thought I’d see a baker video where nollie bs flip and half cab heel down a nine stair are enders.
Dickson’s guest trick was so sick.
T funk ender was wild.
I like ledge/manual Reynolds a lot more than I thought I would.
And I’ve came to the conclusion that Nuge is still on the team to watch for cars.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1548 on: November 24, 2019, 11:09:32 AM »
I can’t believe I’m saying this but there’s not enough hijinx or three 6. Getting theotis to fill the “TK” role with nice items didn’t work for me either. They need Strickland

Watching it now and there isn't anywhere near enough hijinx. Toned this way tf down and it's bumming me out so heavy. I MIGHT like this but I won't love it.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1549 on: November 24, 2019, 11:09:48 AM »
The transition from Stella to Elissa made me feel so happy. Getting older is fucking strange. Every clip of an OG felt like a send-of.

Baker skateboards are just great.

shred-a-few-gnars

« Reply #1550 on: November 24, 2019, 11:11:04 AM »
damn that link actually fucking worked

hope that wallie guy didnt give my computer ebola.

almost worth it tho

edit: just kidding that shit wasnt even good
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 12:34:21 PM by shred-a-few-gnars »

Microforrest

• Rep: -19
« Reply #1551 on: November 24, 2019, 11:11:37 AM »
Really felt like a Baker video even though it's tonally different from 2g and 3.
Olympic athletes have diets and train really hard.
Skateboarders eat candy, talk shit, and drink arizona iced teas.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #1552 on: November 24, 2019, 11:12:33 AM »
Thanks wallie!  Keeping the spirit of this message bird alive!  Kader, if he can keep it together is going to be so fun to watch for the next decade. Figgy🤯

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #1553 on: November 24, 2019, 11:29:46 AM »
Anyone else kind of wish Baker was still all the OGs and Deathwish was reserved for everyone that got on post Theotis?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1554 on: November 24, 2019, 11:42:27 AM »
Code: [Select]
Baker 4 made me feel something. Like the way baker 3 or sorry made me feel. I loved all of it. Theotis skating to hall and oates was amazing. I'm going to buy a baca board.
Yeah, it made me feel sleepy.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1555 on: November 24, 2019, 11:46:44 AM »
classic

Ocelot

« Reply #1556 on: November 24, 2019, 11:49:28 AM »
everyone saying this wasn't good is going to feel like an idiot when baker 4 is hailed as an instant classic

alright

« Reply #1557 on: November 24, 2019, 11:56:40 AM »
everyone saying this wasn't good is going to feel like an idiot when baker 4 is hailed as an instant classic

Nah, just going to look at those people like idiots. I certainly won't feel "feel like an idiot" just because some people call it a classic. That's a dumb statement to make.

Baker 4 stands in the shadow of baker 3. This shit was boring and bland. Some of the enders were noticeably weak.

This movie did not at all live up to its hype. Really don't care if people call this a classic. Anyone that calls this a classic should just go watch baker 3. That video is so obviously better.

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #1558 on: November 24, 2019, 11:58:43 AM »
I thought it was great and that’s all that matters

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1559 on: November 24, 2019, 12:00:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah, just going to look at those people like idiots. I certainly won't feel "feel like an idiot" just because some people call it a classic. That's a dumb statement to make.

Baker 4 stands in the shadow of baker 3. This shit was boring and bland. Some of the enders were noticeably weak.

This movie did not at all live up to its hype. Really don't care if people call this a classic. Anyone that calls this a classic should just go watch baker 3. That video is so obviously better.
I couldn't agree more with you. This video is flat and weak if you compare it with Baker 3.
Only part that I was kinda enjoying was Jacopo's at first until I saw the same spot like 5 times.
For me there are 2 kind of videos: the ones that make you want to skate and the ones that you're constantly checking how much time is left and when is finally over you feel like watching The Simpsons afterwards.
For sure I won't ever see this one again, maybe only Hawk part because of Nirvana.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 12:04:48 PM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.