Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 101514 times)

OhioGuy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 72
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #1080 on: March 03, 2023, 04:08:20 PM »
Welcome just dropped some new Evil Twins on their site. Of course the 8.5 has the ugliest graphic. But damn, the 8.25 and 8.75 is sick 👀

https://welcomeskateboards.com/collections/hardgoods

Whicker

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1081 on: March 03, 2023, 11:37:48 PM »
Anyone get an Skateshop Day Ishod twintail? I got one to skate. High concave and all the dyed veneers makes it my favorite twintail DLX has made.

I loved when they didn’t make every 8.3 Ishod a slick. One of the main reason I got it to skate.

I snagged one in Ottawa, its a really sick looking deck with all the painted plies. The purple colour really pops against the black. I almost dont want to skate it.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1082 on: March 04, 2023, 01:22:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone get an Skateshop Day Ishod twintail? I got one to skate. High concave and all the dyed veneers makes it my favorite twintail DLX has made.

I loved when they didn’t make every 8.3 Ishod a slick. One of the main reason I got it to skate.
[close]

I snagged one in Ottawa, its a really sick looking deck with all the painted plies. The purple colour really pops against the black. I almost dont want to skate it.

I almost pulled the trigger on one but didn’t. I normally skate 8.5 but I don’t even think I’d skate it if I got one.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #1083 on: March 04, 2023, 03:32:16 PM »
Welcome just dropped some new Evil Twins on their site. Of course the 8.5 has the ugliest graphic. But damn, the 8.25 and 8.75 is sick 👀

https://welcomeskateboards.com/collections/hardgoods

That 8.25 is bangin'

Whicker

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1084 on: March 06, 2023, 01:49:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I almost pulled the trigger on one but didn’t. I normally skate 8.5 but I don’t even think I’d skate it if I got one.

Currently skating ~8" boards with 147 thunders so it might require some new trucks but Ishod actually skates 147s on his 8.3 and just uses extra washers so ill try that first.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1085 on: March 07, 2023, 08:38:09 AM »
i skated 8.5" on indy 139s before its fine. that being said it was mcuh better on indy 144s. you dont even need washers to push out (you are only gaining like a mm anyway) 8.3" with 8" trucks will hardly magic carpet at all. i actually prefer to go up 1/4" for every trucks size.
ONTARIO CANADA

Maxi205

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1086 on: March 07, 2023, 10:11:09 AM »
Does the welcome 8.25 twin shape have a 14 inch wheelbase? Some sites list it at 14 inch and some others do list it at 14.25

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1087 on: March 07, 2023, 10:15:17 AM »
Does the welcome 8.25 twin shape have a 14 inch wheelbase? Some sites list it at 14 inch and some others do list it at 14.25

The Welcome site itself says 14 and they would probably know best. But I had another of their twin tail 8.25s and it was listed as a 14.25 on the retailer's site. It's possible Welcome has its own board measurements wrong, or measured them differently from other people.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #1088 on: March 11, 2023, 12:04:58 PM »
On that welcome evil twin (specifically 8.5")
How are the tail / nose ?
They seem pretty square / shovel
How do they compare to Hockey/ FA or Gx1000 ?

OhioGuy

« Reply #1089 on: March 11, 2023, 12:16:49 PM »
On that welcome evil twin (specifically 8.5")
How are the tail / nose ?
They seem pretty square / shovel
How do they compare to Hockey/ FA or Gx1000 ?

Almost identical. The FA is just a little more square. Welcome tapers more, but it’s nothing drastic.

The Welcome is on top of the FA in the picture, both are 8.5. You can barely see the FA cause the shapes are that similar.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #1090 on: March 12, 2023, 12:31:13 AM »
Perfect
Thanks, it helps a lot

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #1091 on: March 18, 2023, 08:48:44 PM »

OhioGuy

« Reply #1092 on: March 18, 2023, 08:56:00 PM »
Quasi twin tail 8.375" & 14.25"wb

https://quasiskateboards.com/collections/decks/products/blast-8-375
That’s a cool symmetrical graphic and shape.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1093 on: March 18, 2023, 11:20:40 PM »
That quasi has been around for a minute (Henry Mirror/Dog Work, Metal Blue/Etc), ridden a few of them. It's super super good.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #1094 on: March 18, 2023, 11:32:59 PM »
That quasi has been around for a minute (Henry Mirror/Dog Work, Metal Blue/Etc), ridden a few of them. It's super super good.

Can you compare it to the Ishod twin pls?
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

WideFeet

• Rep: 81
« Reply #1095 on: March 19, 2023, 01:24:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I haven’t skated the Quasi twintail, but from what I remember seeing when I compared them, the nose and tail seemed long on the Quasi. Wheelbase on the Ishod is longer. Quasi twintail has a 14.25” WB. Ishod is a 14.4” WB. Quasi is 8.375” wide. Ishod is 8.3” wide. I’ve measure the 8.3” and the DLX 8.25”, and they looks the same to me.

I love the Ishod twintail. Haven’t skated the Quasi because of the wheels base. 14.25” is too short for me

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1096 on: March 19, 2023, 01:40:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I haven’t skated the Quasi twintail, but from what I remember seeing when I compared them, the nose and tail seemed long on the Quasi. Wheelbase on the Ishod is longer. Quasi twintail has a 14.25” WB. Ishod is a 14.4” WB. Quasi is 8.375” wide. Ishod is 8.3” wide. I’ve measure the 8.3” and the DLX 8.25”, and they looks the same to me.

I love the Ishod twintail. Haven’t skated the Quasi because of the wheels base. 14.25” is too short for me

Interesting thx.
why come?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1097 on: March 19, 2023, 02:41:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

To me, the quasi feels more like an 8.25, whereas the Ishod feels like an 8.3/8.5:, Quasi is more Twin Nose, than Twin Tail (Ishod), the Quasi is a bit pointier than the Ishod, however, it's not pointy, it's a very full rounded shape (which has sort of spoiled me now because I love that style nose).

The Quasi (as the Dims state) is smaller all 31.75 vs 31.9 - 14.25" WB vs 14.44" - width wise it's wash, the Ishod is listed as 8.3, quasi 8.375 but tolerances as they are, they're so close you'd be hard pressed to notice.

Both BBS but depending on the numeral you get from DLX, the Quasis were always more mellow.

Biggest take is the Ishod feels bigger overall. I ran 8.25" trucks on the quasi usually. 149s on the DLX.

I'm going to nab that new quasi to Ice, the Brown/Mirror graphic was shit, Metal cat was stupid limited and the Dog Work was to directional.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 05:36:05 PM by Xen »

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1098 on: March 20, 2023, 02:58:10 AM »
I snapped the Welcome 8.0 yesterday so immediately set up an old Ishod 8.3 that i had on standby.  I turns out that the Ishod is not my cup of tea at all, it felt fat, short, heavy, pointy and I generally disliked looking down at it.  I'm sure I'd get used to it again, but I'm glad I knew the Welcome was on its way out so got another, I just hadn't gripped it 'cause I was waiting to set it up for Barcelona in a couple of weeks.  I for sure won't be buying an Ishod or Worrest again. 

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1099 on: March 20, 2023, 03:04:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

To me, the quasi feels more like an 8.25, whereas the Ishod feels like an 8.3/8.5:, Quasi is more Twin Nose, than Twin Tail (Ishod), the Quasi is a bit pointier than the Ishod, however, it's not pointy, it's a very full rounded shape (which has sort of spoiled me now because I love that style nose).

The Quasi (as the Dims state) is smaller all 31.75 vs 31.9 - 14.25" WB vs 14.44" - width wise it's wash, the Ishod is listed as 8.3, quasi 8.375 but tolerances as they are, they're so close you'd be hard pressed to notice.

Both BBS but depending on the numeral you get from DLX, the Quasis were always more mellow.

Biggest take is the Ishod feels bigger overall. I ran 8.25" trucks on the quasi usually. 149s on the DLX.

I'm going to nab that new quasi to Ice, the Brown/Mirror graphic was shit, Metal cat was stupid limited and the Dog Work was to directional.

Gnar to you bruh.
why come?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1100 on: March 20, 2023, 06:38:23 AM »
I snapped the Welcome 8.0 yesterday so immediately set up an old Ishod 8.3 that i had on standby.  I turns out that the Ishod is not my cup of tea at all, it felt fat, short, heavy, pointy and I generally disliked looking down at it.  I'm sure I'd get used to it again, but I'm glad I knew the Welcome was on its way out so got another, I just hadn't gripped it 'cause I was waiting to set it up for Barcelona in a couple of weeks.  I for sure won't be buying an Ishod or Worrest again. 

That’s one point I forgot to mention, the dlx twin did feel heaviest, especially the slick, by comparison.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #1101 on: March 20, 2023, 08:13:07 AM »
I can understand the slick being heavy because the plastic does add weight but bbs boards have always been a bit heavier than PS stix.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1102 on: March 20, 2023, 11:47:45 AM »
I can understand the slick being heavy because the plastic does add weight but bbs boards have always been a bit heavier than PS stix.

Both decks in question are BBS.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1103 on: March 20, 2023, 12:11:29 PM »

The slick twins have also been the only boards I have had in the last 10 years that warped. 

I have had three of the 8.3 twins. Two slicks that both warped, and a regular that has been sitting mostly unskated for 3 years that is still straight as an arrow.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1104 on: March 20, 2023, 12:31:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sorry I confused the welcome and the quasi.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1105 on: March 20, 2023, 12:52:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My welcome twin  was also BBS =)

Are all twins BBS these days?

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1106 on: March 20, 2023, 01:39:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

When did Welcome go BBS??? What is going on with the Professor? Did the Jason guy who owns welcome own the shapes as well?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1107 on: March 20, 2023, 02:44:18 PM »
It’s a pstix conspiracy to keep the utility of a nose and tail ;)

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1108 on: March 20, 2023, 03:23:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
When did Welcome go BBS??? What is going on with the Professor? Did the Jason guy who owns welcome own the shapes as well?
Good I hope people keep leaving until ps gets its quality control together. Good shapes but man have I had some duds from a supposedly respected woodshop

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #1109 on: March 20, 2023, 10:37:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I think there was an interview with Paul where he said Welcome shapes are off limits for brands because of the effort and work the brand's out in.
He doesn’t seem like the type to hold much grudges but… probably has his own copy of templates in case they come back or someone wants them as starting points.

Kinda like how NHS has a tracing tool for shapes.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.