Author Topic: Kicked out of the park because it was a girls only session  (Read 18120 times)

bigrigbutters

Kicked out of the park because it was a girls only session
« on: September 06, 2019, 07:56:07 AM »
I flew back to my hometown on Monday and was itching to go to the local park I grew up skating. Rolled up there yesterday, got told that from now onward every second Thursday of the month is a girls skate only day & that I had to leave.

Unfortunately got into an argument with a load of people there and ended up just skating the car park with the other dudes that were turned away. The people organizing it said that female skaters often get intimidated by guys skating the park, which I suppose I can't relate to being male myself. I've never witnessed any hostility towards female skaters at that (or any) park, but then again this is just my perspective.

Trying to work out whether or not my annoyance was justified? or am I overreacting

Its a privately funded park (however its unsupervised, free to enter and open 24/7) so its entirely legit for them to establish rules like this, but this a park I spent virtually every day of my youth in and I'm now finding myself being turfed out due to my gender. I suppose it pissed me off because I'm used to being able to roll up to the park whenever I please.

primitive_rage

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
  • shut the fuck up
Re: Kicked out of the park because it was a girls only session
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 08:00:48 AM »
its one day a month who cares let the girls skate

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 08:01:09 AM »
Focus

you should've told them you are a woman

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 08:01:51 AM »
They get free drinks, they don't have to lift anything heavy, they can fingerblast themselves in public without anyone knowing.....

And now THIS?!?!

Fuck female privilege!!!!

FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

hangontoyourego

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 08:04:00 AM »
i would move this to things you are not stoked on . now you aware when you’re not welcome . big deal get used to it

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 08:06:48 AM »
Sounds like your panties are in a wad.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 08:13:33 AM »
Well I want a day with no white skaters in the park cuz I’m intimidated too.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 08:13:45 AM »
you weren't allowed to skate at a girls only session because you're not a girl? no, your annoyance is not justified in the slightest. do some basic research on feminism and you might understand what happened today and why you look like such a clown right now
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 08:14:28 AM »
Tell them if they can kickflip they can have it that day.

links, pics, and quotes

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2019, 08:19:23 AM »
You poor, oppressed man. How awful it is to go through life as a second-class citizen. Having to deal with such indignanties just because of your gender! Smash the matriarchy!

And maybe one day, your grandsons will experience what it’s like to go to the park without feeling judged because of their genitals. And maybe have a session of just guys! We can dream, right?

Edit- I want to apologize for the snark, OP. You didn’t seem to be complaining badly, and I don’t want to over exaggerating your position. This is pretty much a response I want to tell most dudes that get to gently feel discrimination JUST ONCE, discrimination that others have to deal with daily, and they make a big deal out of being victimized.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 08:30:00 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 08:27:33 AM »
I flew back to my hometown on Monday and was itching to go to the local park I grew up skating. Rolled up there yesterday, got told that from now onward every second Thursday of the month is a girls skate only day & that I had to leave.

Unfortunately got into an argument with a load of people there and ended up just skating the car park with the other dudes that were turned away. The people organizing it said that female skaters often get intimidated by guys skating the park, which I suppose I can't relate to being male myself. I've never witnessed any hostility towards female skaters at that (or any) park, but then again this is just my perspective.

Trying to work out whether or not my annoyance was justified? or am I overreacting

Its a privately funded park (however its unsupervised, free to enter and open 24/7) so its entirely legit for them to establish rules like this, but this a park I spent virtually every day of my youth in and I'm now finding myself being turfed out due to my gender. I suppose it pissed me off because I'm used to being able to roll up to the park whenever I please.
You're overreacting.  Go skate somewhere else for the day.  You'll live.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2019, 08:29:17 AM »
What's next? Varial kickflip for groms day?

Its fuckin funny you head back home and the first thing you want to do is skate a park.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 08:34:49 AM by Betaphenylethylalamine »
Gentleman ninja warlock

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 08:32:35 AM »
If it were me, I'd just go skate somewhere else without even thinking about it but it does seem like it would be more beneficial if they billed it as a Girls skate day, open to all girls and supportive guys. 

Blocking yourself off from the guys does nothing to help you feel included in the overall community.  Teaching the guys why skateboarding is all inclusive, regardless of gender benefits everyone involved.

Have the day, make it focused on girls while showing the guys why this matters and you'll achieve a lot more

hangontoyourego

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 08:32:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You're overreacting.  Go skate somewhere else for the day.  You'll live.
well mr fantastic we found his weakness now to find  his super power . what if women is both ?

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 08:36:11 AM »
this feels like bait.  are you willing to name the park?
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2019, 08:41:02 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjJ3Pw8kbCM

Not wanting to get involved in this subject I'll just post this, Elissa Steamer ripping Tampa Pro in 2009

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2019, 08:41:25 AM »
Women want equality but they actually want special treatment, in my life I’ve learned that it’s never enough for women so they will probably want their own women only skateparks soon.
Get used to it, cut off your balls like every man does after they turn 30.
Men invent everything and women don’t want anything to do with it until years later when they realize they aren’t being included same with lots of races.
Hey make up your own shit!!!!
The problem with equality rights is things are equal now, you can make up your own sport by cutting a scooter in half and glueing the parts to your boots, any women or man could do this right now and nobody would care. Free world free market.
In 4 years skate wave will be over and you’ll be able to buy all their shorty completes on craigslist

Far from relevant

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2019, 08:47:33 AM »
what if this was your only day off to skate and the only skatepark around and you had no prior knowledge of the event I'd be annoyed too....what if he showed up on scooter day and was asked to leave because scooter kids feel intimated by skaters (which im sure they do)

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2019, 08:59:11 AM »

My favorite part is that ya'll stuck around and skated the fucking parking lot after they gave you the boot hahahaha If I was one of those ladies I would have been clowning the shit out of you dudes.

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2019, 09:12:11 AM »
Focus all of their boards, establish dominance.

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2019, 09:14:59 AM »
Should have popped in the ear buds and started skating. What were they going to do?, call the cops?

Skateboarding is not a crime.

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2019, 09:15:21 AM »
did any of them offer to let you skate if you kept it tucked the whole time?

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2019, 09:19:12 AM »
I feel like throwing a tantrum and yelling “this is my mid-life crisis, you can’t take this away from me, you don’t know how important skating is to me!!! I used to be so good and now I’m just starting to get better!!! This is all I have!!!”

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2019, 09:20:13 AM »
Should have popped in the ear buds and started skating. What were they going to do?, call the cops?

Skateboarding is not a crime.
he said it’s a privately funded park, they could call the cops and have you trespassed if they don’t want you there. I have never really seen girls get messed with at a skatepark, i have neices that are learning how to skate and if anything dudes are psyched on them and look out for them

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2019, 09:22:12 AM »
Women want equality but they actually want special treatment, in my life I’ve learned that it’s never enough for women so they will probably want their own women only skateparks soon.
Get used to it, cut off your balls like every man does after they turn 30.
Men invent everything and women don’t want anything to do with it until years later when they realize they aren’t being included same with lots of races.
Hey make up your own shit!!!!
The problem with equality rights is things are equal now, you can make up your own sport by cutting a scooter in half and glueing the parts to your boots, any women or man could do this right now and nobody would care. Free world free market.
In 4 years skate wave will be over and you’ll be able to buy all their shorty completes on craigslist

Lmao, This is some incel tier stuff.

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2019, 09:22:44 AM »
Honestly all y’all sound dumb

You got the foos that feel entitled and the foos white knighting

All y’all dumb.

It’s like when a kid closes a park for a bday or it’s closed for a target ad. Or even events with kids with disabilities.  Especially if it was a privately funded park.

Then for y’all white knighting , idk.

Just to play devils avacado , I’ve seen events like this but more open. Mostly lgbt sessions. But it doesn’t mean they want to turn people away, as it’s an opportunity for people who skate there normally to show they support thems movement and wants to show they is down to skate with you regardless of whatever.

Lastly I can’t imagine this was a whole day thing , if it was that’s a gnarly session they were having. That’s tight

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2019, 09:25:05 AM »
this thread is wildly embarrassing.

OP, I'd delete this shit if I were you and pretend it never happened.

I need a coffee

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2019, 09:27:25 AM »
Man I hope you recover from this traumatic incident. #praying4OP

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2019, 09:33:15 AM »
There was a girls session at my local mini one night, every other week... dudes were allowed but there was an understanding that it was girls night thing. Of the ones I attended, everyone was cool.. the vibe was awesome and nobody was intimidated or butt-hurt. Some people ripped, some people slammed, some people cooked on the grill, some people got high and or drunk. Everybody seemed to have a good time. The end.