Author Topic: I don't want to live in a world where...  (Read 6671 times)

Coco Santiagos Kitten

Re: I don't want to live in a world where...
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2019, 07:04:00 AM »
-Graphics consist of poor collages of 70s fashion magazines done in photoshop.
-All boards are made by the same 5 wood shops.
-Nike and Adidas only make shoes for high arched ballerinas. If you're gonna take over the market, you gotta make something for the flat footers. Some of us have Flintstone feet, guys.

AssFlea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2019, 07:30:41 AM »
-Nike and Adidas only make shoes for high arched ballerinas. If you're gonna take over the market, you gotta make something for the flat footers. Some of us have Flintstone feet, guys.

I’m full flintstone AF so I skate dunks.
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

Spacenoid

• Rep: 0
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2019, 10:42:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are dunks supposed to be better for flat feet? I'm flat footed and have always loved Dunks for the look and skatability.

cynical cow

• Rep: 27
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2019, 11:36:49 AM »
... transition skating is referred to as "vert".
That was a thing in the late 90s/early 2000s, in my experience. I hear it less now.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2019, 01:08:27 PM »
Chico quit Chocolate right? I think you guys are taking it wrong. It's not that he doesn't have a board sponsor it's that he doesn't want one, huge difference.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2019, 01:12:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bring back Project BA’s.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

AssFlea

• Rep: -30
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2019, 01:15:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Are dunks supposed to be better for flat feet? I'm flat footed and have always loved Dunks for the look and skatability.

I have found them to help me. I can’t speak for others
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

Skateboarder X

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2019, 01:29:01 PM »
boo-hoo

Reynolds of a brand no one wears anymore

i wear only emericas since baker summer tour 2001

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2019, 04:35:09 PM »
Canadians don't wear ghetto gowns and I can't land f/s noseslides on ledges due to my knee...but they're both in the headlights and rapidly approaching.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2019, 04:41:16 PM »
That eats ass
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3383
  • Those that SLAP, can't.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2019, 05:00:42 PM »
I don’t want to live in a world without pros!

Jk

That was some bullshit from the mid 2000’s where I think it was Blitz tried to get people to stop buying blanks because there wouldn’t be pro skaters anymore. I can find more info as I looked it up recently. But I’m at work right now so all I have is an old slap thread about it that I have never read.
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=8920.0

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2019, 05:14:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Why do people complain about Shawn Powers being on palace but not Jamal Smith? I guess I know the answer in that it's an attitudinal thing but fuck they are equally (un)talented. Please don't link either's Sabotage 4 or Caviar parts in response to this (I much prefer SP in Caviar).
[close]
FOCUS PLZ. Jamal is a legend and shoulda been pro

Maybe he’s a nice guy but I really couldnt give less of a fuck about nollie 540 big spins on flat.
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

nonickname

• Rep: 87
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2019, 06:15:56 PM »
I don’t want to live in a world without pros!

Jk

That was some bullshit from the mid 2000’s where I think it was Blitz tried to get people to stop buying blanks because there wouldn’t be pro skaters anymore. I can find more info as I looked it up recently. But I’m at work right now so all I have is an old slap thread about it that I have never read.
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=8920.0

I too have not read that thread but I recall a dwindle (?) ad along the same lines with random bullet points, one of which was "Bill Weiss is my favorite pro"...and now doesnt he work under their banner? Must have been an inside joke but damn it was harsh.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 58
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2019, 06:58:37 PM »
I don't want to live in world where scary fucked up little Braille fans are the future of skateboarding.
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 532
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2019, 09:29:38 AM »
I don't know about you guys but I sorta resent when anyone feels strongly about anything. Just relax. Skating in 2019 is cool/okay.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2019, 09:36:10 AM »
I don't know about you guys but I sorta resent when anyone feels strongly about anything. Just relax. Skating in 2019 is cool/okay.

I don't want to live in a world where a Slap Pal tells me to relax / Has a Bristol Palin tag

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 532
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2019, 10:30:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't want to live in a world where a Slap Pal tells me to relax / Has a Bristol Palin tag

You don't really think I'm supportive of Bristol Palin? I find her existence hilarious. She's an idiot from an insane super conservative family who got knocked up when her mom had the potential to be the next vice president of the United States. Actually the dude who knocked her up is pretty hilarious to me as well.

The main reason I use it is because when snapchat first came out I wanted to come up with a handle that made it seem like I was someone borderline semi-famous but to the level that it was believable and I'd add people and send them random pictures of nothing like teapots and babies and shit. I have a weird sense of humor where I make jokes solely for myself.

Front Blunt

• Rep: -4
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2019, 10:51:38 AM »
Why do people complain about Shawn Powers being on palace but not Jamal Smith? I guess I know the answer in that it's an attitudinal thing but fuck they are equally (un)talented. Please don't link either's Sabotage 4 or Caviar parts in response to this (I much prefer SP in Caviar).

The answer is that Ur wack!!!

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2019, 07:45:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The answer is that Ur wack!!!

he's clearly never seen the tornado spin video

« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 07:50:22 PM by sus »

billyerlife

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2019, 07:45:18 AM »
Expand Quote
boo-hoo

Reynolds of a brand no one wears anymore
[close]

Im wearing romero emericas right now so i guess you're dumb.

Hey me too!

Who is Shaun Pablo anyway?

cheese.eggs

• Rep: 5
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2019, 09:23:51 AM »
- people skate new balances
- sebo walker

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2019, 09:48:23 AM »
There is honestly so much rad shit going on in 2019 skateboarding that I pity people who think otherwise.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2019, 09:58:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
You don't really think I'm supportive of Bristol Palin? I find her existence hilarious. She's an idiot from an insane super conservative family who got knocked up when her mom had the potential to be the next vice president of the United States. Actually the dude who knocked her up is pretty hilarious to me as well.

The main reason I use it is because when snapchat first came out I wanted to come up with a handle that made it seem like I was someone borderline semi-famous but to the level that it was believable and I'd add people and send them random pictures of nothing like teapots and babies and shit. I have a weird sense of humor where I make jokes solely for myself.
LOL had never heard of her before, but that's a great back story. Hahahaha. Would gnar if could.

Hoeboi

• Rep: -362
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2019, 05:08:16 PM »
in all honesty as much as i hate the everyday hoeboi i couldn't imagine living in a world without them. so this world needs hoebois otherwise what else would i do with my life?........i mean my dick is like a 1971 Ford Pinto running on fumes, i literally can't do anything except carve even though i skate city stars decks and wear semi baggy clothes. i did get that new girlfriend but she's going to see right though me fairly soon i believe. so after that all i will have are you hoebois.........i love y'all i fux witch y'all

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2019, 08:35:44 AM »
- Heath kirchart is retired
- Dylan is gone
- Chico is without a board sponsor

Alexa, play  Marvin's room Breezy by Conor Oberst

Also, why is Jereme releasing new music? Is Slap ironically quoting it so much he thinks he's good?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2019, 11:47:06 AM »
... Jake Johnson on Instagra
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 11:48:54 AM by Switch_fsflip_noseslide »
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 182
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2019, 06:43:52 AM »
Where ...

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I heard a really shitty rumor this weekend. Supposedly, the guy who owns the F4 formula and factory where they are made is calling it quits with skateboard wheels and moving on. And taking his secret formula with him. My local is getting a shipment of F4's this week and then that's it. No more. It seems almost unbelievable that Spitfire would not pay whatever the cost to keep making these wonderful wheels. But that's what I heard. Really hoping this is untrue. But to be safe, I  just ordered 8 sets online this morning.
I was a bit of a late comer to the F4 hype. I got my first set maybe 4 or 5 years ago. But fell in love instantly. They honestly changed skating for me and made it more fun, if that's possible. They are that good and better than any other wheel. I've been skating for 35 years; and not since the advent of boards growing noses has something changed skating so much and in such a good way as F4s, imo.
Hopefully LennyDLXSF can get on here and dispsell this nasty rumor. Please...
[close]

I heard the same rumor a couple weeks ago. My local was completely out of ALL spitfire at the time and they said to snatch up F4 wherever you can find them. Then another local was fully restocked the following week. I’m still hoping it’s just a rumor.
[close]

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
[close]
heard about this aswell, i just got some 101f4 radial slims 2 days ago :(
[close]

man if this is true, then...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2019, 07:01:09 AM »
I cannot live in a world where...

No DLX
No Chinese food
No Skater Owned companies

It seems like 95% of brands are all corporate. Don't get me wrong I like Adidas and Nike and all that Jazz but I wish things like Forties would come back, I wish Emerica was still as big so I could skate some puffy Reynolds with the poly urethane soles. I wish I skated back in the early 2000's so I could watch these amazing videos. I started skating in 2013 right before the f4 dropped so for a few months we only had F1's and classics. Now that F4's are rumored to be over, I wouldn't mind going back to F1's  just for the nostalgia. The wheel graphics where sick.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -678
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2019, 07:05:52 AM »
Where ...

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I heard a really shitty rumor this weekend. Supposedly, the guy who owns the F4 formula and factory where they are made is calling it quits with skateboard wheels and moving on. And taking his secret formula with him. My local is getting a shipment of F4's this week and then that's it. No more. It seems almost unbelievable that Spitfire would not pay whatever the cost to keep making these wonderful wheels. But that's what I heard. Really hoping this is untrue. But to be safe, I  just ordered 8 sets online this morning.
I was a bit of a late comer to the F4 hype. I got my first set maybe 4 or 5 years ago. But fell in love instantly. They honestly changed skating for me and made it more fun, if that's possible. They are that good and better than any other wheel. I've been skating for 35 years; and not since the advent of boards growing noses has something changed skating so much and in such a good way as F4s, imo.
Hopefully LennyDLXSF can get on here and dispsell this nasty rumor. Please...
[close]

I heard the same rumor a couple weeks ago. My local was completely out of ALL spitfire at the time and they said to snatch up F4 wherever you can find them. Then another local was fully restocked the following week. I’m still hoping it’s just a rumor.
[close]

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
[close]
heard about this aswell, i just got some 101f4 radial slims 2 days ago :(
[close]

man if this is true, then...
[close]

Wow I really hope this isn't true or I'll have to go bones stf full time.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.